Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

2010 Allen Ginter

Comments

• Options
    mcadamsmcadams Posts: 2,617 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Is that Pujols mini signed by Bo Jackson? >>

LOL. Nice.. It does look like a Bo. I too thought it looked like a pube.
    Successful transactions with: thedutymon, tsalems1, davidpuddy, probstein123, lodibrewfan, gododgersfan, dialj, jwgators, copperjj, larryp, hookem, boopotts, crimsontider, rogermnj, swartz1, Counselor

Always buying Bobby Cox inserts. PM me.
  • Options
    TNP777TNP777 Posts: 5,711 ✭✭✭
    BTW - Craig, if you happen to check in, I hope you're aggressive on weeding out thrill/crackpot bidders. Jumped from $100 to $800 in the last 10 minutes. Fantastic pull!

edited to add 'thrill/crackpot
  • Options
    KnopflerKnopfler Posts: 783 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Is that Pujols mini signed by Bo Jackson? >>

LOL. Nice.. It does look like a Bo. I too thought it looked like a pube. >>

AKA...A Pujols DNA card.
  • Options
    Do we know yet which autos are SP and what the SP auto # is? Think it was 49 each with the '09s and then the normal autos were 200+ each.

-Michael
    Successful transactions with: thedutymon, tsalems1, davidpuddy, probstein123, lodibrewfan, gododgersfan, dialj, jwgators, copperjj, larryp, hookem, boopotts, crimsontider, rogermnj, swartz1, Counselor

• Options
    WaltWalt Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭
    can't be more than 25 Pujols, maybe even 10 blues and 10 reds.
  • Options
    I was just looking at the 2006 Ginter thread.....where did all the fun go?
  • Options
    Drew Stubbs......Not a SP Auto.

• Options
    fur72fur72 Posts: 2,348 ✭✭
    Nice pulls guys! Really like the Red in Parker95 pulled. Still dry as a bone here at my local hobby shop. If he doesnt get any in by Friday I am going to place an order with Blowout.

Just putting this out there I am interested in any Tony Hawk autos, relics, black boarder, no number mini, A&G back etc. I was afraid his auto was going to be an SP but with the amount on Ebay already I think its safe to say its not. There is a 1/1 cabinet card of his board on Ebay right now for $499 but I have bought a pair of autographed shoes he wore for that much and it came in a very nice display case.
  • Options

Look at the blue border auto card. Side of card says "Topps Employee". Is this a joke? By the way, I copied this picture from an Ebay auction, these are not mine.

• Options
    MorgothMorgoth Posts: 3,950 ✭✭✭
    why are all the mini autos miscut?
    Currently completing the following registry sets: Cardinal HOF's, 1961 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, 1972 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, 1980 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, Bill Mazeroski Master & Basic Sets, Roberto Clemente Master & Basic Sets, Willie Stargell Master & Basic Sets and Terry Bradshaw Basic Set
  • Options

<< <i>why are all the mini autos miscut? >>

they're not - the red border extends farther in this year, resulting in part of the card being obscured. Very lame.
  • Options
    Topps Employee- Interesting card.

They did some similar for the '09 Code Champ.
    More Pics on his blog

imageimageimage
  • Options
    BunchOBullBunchOBull Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭

<< <i>BoB, I'm trying to stick up for you. >>

<< <i>As I stated over there you are one of the most respected members here. >>

I got around to reading that Blowout Forum...lol definitely some cynics over there. I was running around like a chicken with my head cut off thinking I had a rare card and I didn't get a chance to say thanks for the support over there.

So, thank you, and to all the others who stepped up as well.
    Collector of most things Frank Thomas. www.BigHurtHOF.com
  • Options
    TonyCTonyC Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭
    When I told one of my customers that David Blaine was in this year's set, he said "Maybe he can do us all a favor and make this set go away."
    Collecting Tony Conigliaro
  • Options
    bahahahahaha,, employee,,, bahahahaha,, oh and its an autograph,, lololololol,, ok its really hard not to go out and look for these knowing theres actually an edition of these inserted,, lololol,, thanks i needed that chuckle this morn,, bj
    imageimageimageimageimage
  • Options
    KK Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭

ghey...
  • Options
    CNoteCNote Posts: 2,070

<< <i>image

ghey... >>

$200 OBO on Ebay....book it!
  • Options
    zep33zep33 Posts: 6,897 ✭✭✭
    mmmm jelly belly
  • Options
    I wanted to post an email I received from Topps regarding the Strasburg card:

CONFIRMATION OF STRASBURG’S ALLEN & GINTER CARD

Topps is confirming that Stephen Strasburg’s Allen & Ginter base mini card (# 401) falls at the same rate as any one base mini card in the product. The difference between Strasburg and the other subjects in the base mini set is that Strasburg’s card does not have any parallels (Allen & Ginter Back, Black Bordered, No Number, Bazooka Back, Silk, Wood and Printing Plate).

In addition, there are a limited number of Strasburg autographed cards available in the product. They can be found via redemption and one (along with a copy of every other autograph in 2010 Allen & Ginter) will be given to the person who cracks this year’s Ginter Code.

Strasburg’s base mini card and autographed card can be found in both hobby and retail boxes.
  • Options
    Guys, I'd like to try to work on the Ginter Code, so if any of you pull the Celestial cards and are willing to scan the front and back (and assuming you're not going to try the code), I'd appreciate any help.
  • Options
    jlzinckjlzinck Posts: 907 ✭✭
    Well Sold my POGO stick world record holder auto for $22.50 which is 12.51 more than I was willing to take for it.

I love the non sports stuff in this product
  • Options
    mealewormmealeworm Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭
    I broke down and got two boxes today.

Nothing great.

2 autos Rasmus, Knapp

4 GU Rasmus,Braun,Lee,Jones all bats but the Braun.

A ton of different minis, only 13 of the 50 were regular backs. Two packs had two minis in them. One was a NNO Troy T, and the other was a Evan L weird mini.(crack code??)

All are available if anyone wants something.

1957 Topps 99% 7.40 GPA
    Hank Aaron Basic PSA 7-8(75%)
  • Options
    This is kinda cool. I saw this card last night and having never heard of him before, I checked out Youtube and they have the video of him actually breaking the record at 320 bpm (beats per minute) - that is shredding!!

Check this out if you got about 10 minutes to spare . Watching him play it starting at 170 and going up in increments to reach 320 was very cool

• Options
    Oh, these employee cards are inserted. I thought they were given to the employees and they are selling their extras. More Bowman Scout Auto type cards...hope I dont pull one.
    imageimageimage
  • Options
    Della Vega needs a * next to his record. What you hear is not him playing live but a recording.

His real sound is terrible! Buckethead FTW
  • Options

<< <i>Della Vega needs a * next to his record. What you hear is not him playing live but a recording.

His real sound is terrible! Buckethead FTW >>

Actually, Randy Rhoads FTW RIP
  • Options
    stownstown Posts: 11,321 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Check this out if you got about 10 minutes to spare . Watching him play it starting at 170 and going up in increments to reach 320 was very cool >>

Oh. My. Freaking. Gawd.

So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts
  • Options
    anyone trading yet?
  • Options
    Only opened 5 boxes so far. Gonna pick up a few more tomorrow. Still have too much to open before my trading begins.

• Options
    Have any of you pulled the manufactured MLB logo cards that were in regular Topps?
  • Options
    GuruGuru Posts: 3,127
    Opened box 2 today. Should have saved my money. I wasn't even expecting to pull a Strasburg or anything like that, but both of my boxes were pathetic. Got another Pudge GU card. I'll be listing my trade list tomorrow. So needless to say, I could buy another box, but I don't need another round of dissappointment after these last two.
  • Options
    Busted a Box and a half yesterday. Nothing notable. All my base etc are already spoken for. Have 2 more boxes coming in only 7 days. lol Just bought my 1st unripped RIP card. I plan on ripping it. Pretty excited about that.
    imageimageimage
  • Options
    Mine should be here tomorrow. I have my wife on alert to call me once the mailman comes so I can drive home and get them. Tomorrow afternoon in the office is going to be worthless while I'm ripping.

• Options

Some nice 1/1s on Ebay tonight. Tony Hawk wood and one of the new book cards which looks very cool.

-Michael

• Options
    The Hawk skateboard box toppers are gonna be sweet.

In other news, sold my Strasburg RC for $500 BIN with immediate payment today. Funny how it went from being a "$5 to $10k card," to it's current status.

I was of the mind set to just hold the card at that price, but I have to believe, if they're printed in the quantity Topps has hinted at, I'll have another one one day.

The good news is that is less than $100 away from paying for my entire investment into A&G for the year after I get a retail blaster case.

Edited to add:

I don't know if it was my screenname or what, but I just wasn't getting the offers everyone else was getting.

In all honesty, I think it was the immediate payment required thing. I have a feeling most buyers are buying now to pay later if (and only IF) it is financially feasible.
  • Options

<< <i>The Hawk skateboard box toppers are gonna be sweet.

In other news, sold my Strasburg RC for $500 BIN with immediate payment today. Funny how it went from being a "$5 to $10k card," to it's current status.

I was of the mind set to just hold the card at that price, but I have to believe, if they're printed in the quantity Topps has hinted at, I'll have another one one day.

The good news is that is less than $100 away from paying for my entire investment into A&G for the year after I get a retail blaster case.

Edited to add:

I don't know if it was my screenname or what, but I just wasn't getting the offers everyone else was getting.

In all honesty, I think it was the immediate payment required thing. I have a feeling most buyers are buying now to pay later if (and only IF) it is financially feasible. >>

smart move, you never know when some guy pulls 60 of them in one retail blaster. Get in get out. John Basilone would be proud.
  • Options
    Tony Hawk boxtopper on eBay linky

Chipper Jones nameplate boxtopper on eBay linky

• Options
    Someone in my store just pulled a Manny Ramirez rip card /25, but it had a Jacoby Ellsbury back; he's going to sell it on eBay as an error card.
  • Options
    Chipper Jone' image
    imageimageimage
  • Options
    jamesryanbelljamesryanbell Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭
    Is it possible to see what's in a rip card from the 2010 series without opening it? There are a LOT on eBay, and I was curious if scam artists have a way to see what's inside. I don't want to buy any if that's the case.

-- Ryan Bell
  • Options
    I hope not since I just bought one. Hoping if so, it's harder than it has been in the past. But if someone is determined enough and has the right tools, I dont see why they cant.
    imageimageimage
  • Options

<< <i>Is it possible to see what's in a rip card from the 2010 series without opening it? There are a LOT on eBay, and I was curious if scam artists have a way to see what's inside. I don't want to buy any if that's the case. >>

not any more, there's a black stip on one side and a white strip on the other side covering the card inside
  • Options
    NamesJayNamesJay Posts: 327 ✭✭
    Anyone know where I can get storage cases for the minis? I would prefer the magnetic holders, but if they aren't made for the Allen & Ginter mini size, I would be open to other holder options.
  • Options
    Ross - BunchoBull had a nice screwdown for his Strasburg mini - never seen one before that one.

You'd think UltraPro would have come out with a magnetic one by now since Ginter's now in it's 5th year, not to mention all the real tobacco cards that would look nice in them.

the do make toploaders for them though

• Options
    i've been looking for magnetic holders for my t206s and a&g minis and when i saw bunchobull's stras encased, i asked him. he said it came from his lcs but i did a little hunting on ebay and online and came up with this as the only thing out there - anyone who knows of a company that does a magnetic version, let us know!

Link to order
  • Options
    Yup, that's it, Pro-Mold. That's the same one my LCS dealer gave me for the Stras.
  • Options
    These Allen Ginter cards look like it would be fun to open packs.
    Thanks for your help everyone.
  • Options
    No boxes today, bummer. Guess they'll be here in the a.m. for some Saturday rippage.

Someone help me understand the "Celestial Stars." I looked at the checklist over on blowoutcards and there is no mention of these inserts in the checklist. One seller on Ebay said that out of 6 hobby boxes, he pulled only 1 CS. Has anyone found stated odds anywhere on these?

• Options
    I got 6 in 5 boxes - 1 box had 2 of the same - Prince Fielder
  • Options
    jlzinckjlzinck Posts: 907 ✭✭
    Bought another 8 packs today from a fresh box.
    Took the middle row.

Chase Utley silk 3/10 and a mini black border Jason Heyward.

ALMOST "zep-like" for me!!!