Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

2010 Allen Ginter

Didn't see any '10 A& G informational threads.....

Checklist at bottom of post.

TOPPS ALLEN & GINTER.JUST KEEPS GETTING BIGGER AND BETTER

The award winning Topps Allen & Ginter Baseball will ship this June and it
looks like it will be out-doing itself once again with more innovation,
curiosities and uniqueness. On top of all the usual fun and surprises in
this product, here is what's new:

Cabinet Relic Cards (1 of 1) The biggest relic cards
ever seen in the hobby! Get a giant piece of Tony Hawk's skateboard. (image
attached). Also look for giant Baseball relics with whole name plates from
game-used jerseys.

Book Cards (1 of 1) The popular Topps book cards come
to the classic Allen & Ginter brand.

Monsters of the Mesozoic Relics (#'d to 10) Remember
the first of these cards (Mammoth Hair and Dinosaur Teeth) Allen & Ginter
introduced in 2008? They're back!

Sports Card Radio C-List
imageimageimage

Comments

• Options
    DavidPuddyDavidPuddy Posts: 3,483 ✭✭✭
    Why is it that Topps insists on adding more and more junk to it's set's?
    I don't need larger crappy relics, I need a better selection of on-card autos.

"The Sipe market is ridiculous right now"
    CDsNuts, 1/9/15
  • Options
    DavidPuddyDavidPuddy Posts: 3,483 ✭✭✭
    ,,,and yes, I see the very nice on-card autos that are always on Topps' promos, but in reality, all most people will pull will be Scott Rolen GU's and Ervin Santana auto's.
    "The Sipe market is ridiculous right now"
    CDsNuts, 1/9/15
  • Options
    SmuggoSmuggo Posts: 425
    ...and with even less competition they will continue to not pay many top teir players to sign many autos. But why would they, people buy it up anyway. I think the A&G is largely crap now. Maybe if I could get excited about Tony Hawk and the guy that won all those Jeopardy episodes.
    Collecting Pre-War, Pre-War HOF Types, Pre-War Postcards
  • Options
    The promo cards show on card autos - plus they are of good players, which we all know cannot be produced in excess due to costs, so yes, there are going to be far more Ervin Santana autos than Evan Longoria autos or Tony Hawk autos. Personally, I think A&G has a better selection of non-baseball autos than it's closest competition, which I would consider to be Goodwin (the non-sports autos in that stuff sucked). You could do a hell of a lot worse than getting an auto of the most popular skater in the history of the sport or an oversized piece of one of his shredded skateboards.

I think the A&G product is great every year, though, much like Heritage, the inaugral year of the stuff is far superior in value compared to the follow-up years. I think that makes sense too.

Anyway, it looks like a pretty decent product to me yet again this year and I like the addition of the fold out dual auto/gu cards - which appear to have on card autos as well...

I've seen some promo stuff on facebook for the Chickle release and that appears to have mainly on card autos as well, including duals.

Should be some fun stuff to break over the remainder of the Spring and into the Summer!
    kshorton says: i gots an Empire State Building card... seeking advice.. is this better and worth more than my psa 3 franco harris 1973 topps card which i defouled by trying to make a baby with ? Please advise. the franco card is graded.. the ESB card is not yet, and I do not want to have a baby with the ESB card.
  • Options
    SmuggoSmuggo Posts: 425
    To each their own. I do appreciate the fact that they are on-card autos but not being a non-sport guy the increasing amount of historical/entertainment cards in the set does little for me. I'll just buy the singles I want to get signed and go from there.
    Collecting Pre-War, Pre-War HOF Types, Pre-War Postcards
  • Options
    2010 A & G Video

I cannot view video at work so I dont have anything to say..
    imageimageimage
  • Options
    akuracy503akuracy503 Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭
    The video states 3 hits per hobby box, was this true in '09 '08 products? I don't remember getting 3...I thought it was 2 per box. someone please clarify

CU Ancient Members badge member.

Collection: https://flickr.com/photos/185200668@N06/albums

• Options
    jamesryanbelljamesryanbell Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭

<< <i>The video states 3 hits per hobby box, was this true in '09 '08 products? I don't remember getting 3...I thought it was 2 per box. someone please clarify >>

It has previously been two per box for the last two years.
    -- Ryan Bell
  • Options
    fur72fur72 Posts: 2,348 ✭✭
    I thnk it was 3 hits per box last year. I remember quite a few boxes had the hits on the bottom row of the box.
  • Options
    In case you were wondering. Strasburg Autos WILL be in Ginter. Limited and via redemption.
    imageimageimage
  • Options
    mcadamsmcadams Posts: 2,617 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>The video states 3 hits per hobby box, was this true in '09 '08 products? I don't remember getting 3...I thought it was 2 per box. someone please clarify >>

It has previously been two per box for the last two years. >>

It was definitely 3 hits per HOBBY box in 2009
    Successful transactions with: thedutymon, tsalems1, davidpuddy, probstein123, lodibrewfan, gododgersfan, dialj, jwgators, copperjj, larryp, hookem, boopotts, crimsontider, rogermnj, swartz1, Counselor

Always buying Bobby Cox inserts. PM me.
  • Options
    richtreerichtree Posts: 1,500 ✭✭✭
    Wheres best place to order these ?

cheapest etc ....
    Buying:
    Topps White Out (silver) letters Alex Gordon
    80 Topps Greg Pryor “No Name"
    90 ProSet Dexter Manley error
    90 Topps Jeff King Yellow back
    1958 Topps Pancho Herrera (no“a”)
    81 Topps Art Howe (black smear above hat)
    91 D A. Hawkins BC-12 “Pitcher”
  • Options

<< <i>Wheres best place to order these ?

cheapest etc .... >>

I see prices slowly creeping up. Was $79 yesterday morning at one place and then went to $85

Blowout Cards is $97+ ship

Atlanta $97 + ship

GlobalSportCards 92.49 + ship

I ordered 2 on ebay @ $84.00 ea. shipped yesterday.
    Of course with ebay Pre-Sell, you run the risk of delays and passing the Paypal dispute time frame.

$87 Shipped 1 Box left
    imageimageimage
  • Options
    Nascar360Nascar360 Posts: 1,851 ✭✭✭
    There is a $10 off and I think free shipping over $150 code for Global SportsCards (http://www.globalsportscards.com). The code is scr from SportsCard Radio.

Check out the #1 sportscards pod cast at http://www.sportscardradio.com as well.
  • Options
    Ginter has been delayed until June 30th.
    imageimageimage
  • Options

<< <i>Ginter has been delayed until June 30th. >>

Really? Where did you hear that?
    Successful transactions with: thedutymon, tsalems1, davidpuddy, probstein123, lodibrewfan, gododgersfan, dialj, jwgators, copperjj, larryp, hookem, boopotts, crimsontider, rogermnj, swartz1, Counselor

• Options

<< <i>Wheres best place to order these ?

cheapest etc .... >>

I agree with previous posters that prices have gone up. Prices were flat until the Strasburg chrome auto RC started getting a lot of attention. I think several baseball products spiked after that and A&G was no exception. I bought 1 hobby box earlier for $68 + s/h, but now I can't find anything under $85. Case prices have gone from $800 to $1000. In addition to Strasburg now being in A&G, this will also have A&G's first Heyward RC as they didn't feature him in '09.

-Michael

• Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Ginter has been delayed until June 30th. >>

Really? Where did you hear that? >>

Nick Jacoby, the Ginter Code Champion from 2009 said he was told that by the A & G Brand Mgr. And for those interested, he will sign TTM.
    imageimageimage
  • Options
    Strasburg will have a mini base card #351 from the 350 card set and a auto (redemption).
    imageimageimage
  • Options
    WaltWalt Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭
    PUJOLS SIGNED CARDS TODAY FOR GINTER!!!
  • Options
    Newest on the rumor mill is Strasburg will have a GU in Ginter! His 1st (not counting the USA ones).
    imageimageimage
  • Options

<< <i>Newest on the rumor mill is Strasburg will have a GU in Ginter! His 1st (not counting the USA ones). >>

I hope he has all of the same minis that everyone else has. A&G back, black border, no # back, 1/1 wood etc. You don't think he'll have them all?

• Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Newest on the rumor mill is Strasburg will have a GU in Ginter! His 1st (not counting the USA ones). >>

I hope he has all of the same minis that everyone else has. A&G back, black border, no # back, 1/1 wood etc. You don't think he'll have them all? >>

this
  • Options

<< <i>

I hope he has all of the same minis that everyone else has. A&G back, black border, no # back, 1/1 wood etc. You don't think he'll have them all? >>

I really have no idea. I'm just recycling what I hear. I hope so though. You would think they would be putting all that info out there already with only 13 days left until release. But with the success of Bowman, they probally know they dont need to hype it and are making the different ones as fast as they can and unsure if all can be made in time. ?
    imageimageimage
  • Options
    Does anyone know if A&G will be available in gravity feed boxes,ala Heritage? Thanks for the help.
  • Options

<< <i>Beckett busted a few boxes >>

Yesterday I wrote that the Beckett video hosts resembled a cross between the 3 Stooges and the Lambdas from Revenge of the Nerds. After watching the box break video, I now think Chris Olds and his giant neck most resembles Jabba the Hut.

• Options
    richtreerichtree Posts: 1,500 ✭✭✭
    soupedddd
    Buying:
    Topps White Out (silver) letters Alex Gordon
    80 Topps Greg Pryor “No Name"
    90 ProSet Dexter Manley error
    90 Topps Jeff King Yellow back
    1958 Topps Pancho Herrera (no“a”)
    81 Topps Art Howe (black smear above hat)
    91 D A. Hawkins BC-12 “Pitcher”
  • Options
    psu92psu92 Posts: 283
    Does anyone have a checklist in Excel?

Thanks.
  • Options
    KnopflerKnopfler Posts: 783 ✭✭✭
    There are now a bunch of 2010 A&G singles on eBay. Wonder when it will hit Walmart and/or eBay.
  • Options
    FCB Stras info

Basically...

1) Auto redemption cards of Stras
    2) A mini base card - there will not be a regular base card, and there will be NO OTHER mini parallels for Stras (meaning no Bazooka back, no wood card, no silk card, etc.). Also regarding the mini, it is # 401 and is seeded at the same rate as all of the other regular minis and is not a short print. I asked if it got inserted into packs late so only later orders for cases would contain it, and he said no, the Strasburg card was done before the first box was packed.
    imageimageimage
  • Options
    GuruGuru Posts: 3,127
    Not sure if I'm going to buy an boxes this year, but if anyone has Indians or Reds game used or auto's they'd like to sell once you have them, I'd be happy to entertain purchasing.
  • Options

<< <i>FCB Stras info

Basically...

1) Auto redemption cards of Stras
    2) A mini base card - there will not be a regular base card, and there will be NO OTHER mini parallels for Stras (meaning no Bazooka back, no wood card, no silk card, etc.). Also regarding the mini, it is # 401 and is seeded at the same rate as all of the other regular minis and is not a short print. I asked if it got inserted into packs late so only later orders for cases would contain it, and he said no, the Strasburg card was done before the first box was packed. >>

I find it very odd that they claim Strasburg minis were done before the first box was packed, yet they didn't do a base card OR a black border mini or a wood mini etc. etc. It was obviously a very late decision on their part to include him.

• Options
    Agreed. Only time to whip up plates for one card? Hmm. I bet they kept it to one card, and no normal card because they had alot printed already. Bust the seal on every other case, swap out a box with a mini, auto redemption every 3 or whatever and *bang* Stras in Ginter ! Hope I'm wrong.
    imageimageimage
  • Options
    Any thoughts on what the A&G Stras minis will go for on Ebay?

• Options

<< <i>Any thoughts on what the A&G Stras minis will go for on Ebay? >>

200-300
  • Options
    Really...you think that much? If it's not an SP I don't know why it would go for that high.
  • Options
    Just reserved one box for $110 here locally. I've called all the shops near me and most of them are only getting one case. Looks like A and G is going to be scarce here in Indy. One guy wanted $125 per box. I can only assume that the blaster boxes will fly off the shelves, unless you have an inside connection.
  • Options
    GolfcollectorGolfcollector Posts: 1,369 ✭✭✭
    A guy opened an entire case of this at the local shop and nada on a Strasburg.....He was NOT impressed to say the least.
    Dave Johnson- Big Red Country-Nebraska
    Collector of Vintage Golf cards! Let me know what you might have.
  • Options
    EAsportsEAsports Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭
    If you guys get Ben Sheets cards out of A&G drop me a PM... I'll buy 'em.
    My LSU Autographs

Only an idiot would have a message board signature.
  • Options
    kuhlmannkuhlmann Posts: 3,326 ✭✭
    strasburg mini on ebay.. i dont get it. these cards will drop so far this time next year..

stras ebay
  • Options
    I think someone figured the Stras mini to be 1 in 2.14 cases....
    imageimageimage
  • Options
    Kudos to Walt on the early call for prices on Stras minis. When I saw your guess of 200-300, I thought you were high. I would have guessed that they sold for $150ish for July and August and then dipped down toward $100 by mid Fall. The 1 on Ebay has already cleared $300 with much more time left.

I looked on Ebay last night to get a sense of what the inserts looked like. Here are my thoughts:

1) I'm amazed at pricing on the jersey relics. Anyone who busted '09 Ginter can attest to the fact that '09 relics didn't sell for squat on Ebay. If relic pricing stays at this level for the next few months, that will bode well for the other inserts, espcially the autos which trade at multiples of the relics.
    2) People don't seem interested in the Worlds Wordsmith inserts, despite placement in only 1/24 packs. One sold for 99c with only 1 bidder.
    3) The Monsters of the Mesozoic inserts appear to have a bigger fanbase. Most had 5+ bids and were selling for higher $ than the Wordsmiths, despite being an easier pull.

-Michael

• Options
    I just got word from someone who opened 25 cases of ginter...not 1 stras! The two auctions on ebay appear to be using the same picture and I doubt
    they are authentic. I believe that early cases will not have Strasburgs in them.

• Options
    fur72fur72 Posts: 2,348 ✭✭
    Dry in this area so far. Not doing a case this year. Maybe 3 hobby boxes and some blasters if I can find them. Until I got confirmation on the mini Stras I would stay away.

But... Do you remember when they produced the NN regular size card of F**dome? That year I cracked a case and didnt get one.
  • Options

<< <i>I just got word from someone who opened 25 cases of ginter...not 1 stras! The two auctions on ebay appear to be using the same picture and I doubt
    they are authentic. I believe that early cases will not have Strasburgs in them. >>

I tend to agree. I initially thought they would of cracked the seal and switched out a box with a Stras but now I'm thinking they didn't. Are Ginter boxes coded with lot numbers? Anyway we could track this to prove it? Wouldn't help anything but maybe give a small black eye to Topps. ???
    imageimageimage
  • Options
    BunchOBullBunchOBull Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭
    I'm busting two hobby boxes today (if they're delivered as planned) and the rest of my rippage will be retail.
    Collector of most things Frank Thomas. www.BigHurtHOF.com
  • Options
    Some breaking news. Combined sources have said that maybe as much as 100 cases of Ginter have been broken with no Strausburg. Did topps forget to put him
    in packs? Did they only put him in late packs and retail packs? Chris Olds is supposed to have more news sometime today.