Home Precious Metals
Options

$1300 Gold By St. Swithin's Day!

CaptHenwayCaptHenway Posts: 31,564 ✭✭✭✭✭
My fearless prediction!!!
TD
Numismatist. 50 year member ANA. Winner of four ANA Heath Literary Awards; three Wayte and Olga Raymond Literary Awards; Numismatist of the Year Award 2009, and Lifetime Achievement Award 2020. Winner numerous NLG Literary Awards.

Comments

• Options
    PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,443 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is your prediction based on anything besides wishful thinking?

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• Options
    ttownttown Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
  • Options

<< <i>Is your prediction based on anything besides wishful thinking? >>

I have been a fan of St. Swithin for years!!!
    Numismatist. 50 year member ANA. Winner of four ANA Heath Literary Awards; three Wayte and Olga Raymond Literary Awards; Numismatist of the Year Award 2009, and Lifetime Achievement Award 2020. Winner numerous NLG Literary Awards.
  • Options
    <<I have been a fan of St. Swithin for years!!!>>

An English weatherman?image
  • Options
    roadrunnerroadrunner Posts: 28,303 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had to look that one up. So now I know too! image

I have been a fan of St. Swithin for years!!!

Which half??? image

Mark the calendar.

roadrunner
    Barbarous Relic No More, LSCC -GoldSeek--shadow stats--SafeHaven--321gold
  • Options
    gecko109gecko109 Posts: 8,231
    Noooooo!.....Keep those prices suppressed till im done with my buying phase!
  • Options
    PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,443 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did a google seach and found St. Swithin's Day is 15 July.

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Which half??? >>

"Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Options
    BearBear Posts: 18,954 ✭✭
    Is that before or after Saint Crispen's Day?
    There once was a place called
    Camelotimage
  • Options

<< <i>Is that before or after Saint Crispen's Day? >>

Good grief, another day I had to Google. ( before )
  • Options
    SwampboySwampboy Posts: 12,886 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is this another St. Hubbins Day pump and dump?

• Options
    <<Is that before or after Saint Crispen's Day? >>

Before. "...Old men forget; yet all shall be forgot, But he'll remember, with advantages..."
  • Options
    I was sorta hoping it would reach that level by Saint Urho's Day!!!
    John
    Evergreen, Colorado

cadmanco
  • Options
    gsa1fangsa1fan Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭
    $40 to go!image

Where's LA Money?
    Avid collector of GSA's.
  • Options
    KonaheadKonahead Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Noooooo!.....Keep those prices suppressed till im done with my buying phase! >>

image I'm with you. I need to complete my First Spouse liberty set so the price has to drop in Sept just for a few weeks.
    PEACE! This is the first day of the rest of your life.

Fred, Las Vegas, NV
  • Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    it sure does look it. its only a bubble for the time being ( we shall see )
  • Options
    26 days to go, but I have serious doubts that it will reach $1,300 by the 15th.
  • Options
  • Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    30 day chart... :image

• Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Noooooo!.....Keep those prices suppressed till im done with my buying phase! >>

image I'm with you. I need to complete my First Spouse liberty set so the price has to drop in Sept just for a few weeks. >>

The mint is no longer lowering their prices and now ignore their own pricing matrix. Buchannan's boyfriend isn't going to be cheaper regardless of what gold prices do.
    Many, many perfect transactions with other members. Ask please.
  • Options
    15 days to go .... image
  • Options
    BearBear Posts: 18,954 ✭✭
    It only applies in the fields of Agincourt.
    There once was a place called
    Camelotimage
  • Options
    I'd still give it at least a 50-50 shot. I'd be surprised if we don't see $1300 sometime in July or early August. But I'm not wagering any cash in that direction.

The fact that gold has held stubbornly to the $1225-$1265 range shows that it has at least one more move left in it. This isn't the same "gold" of previous years when any concerted bankster/hedge fund takedowns would result in gold cascaded on lack of buying as sell stops got hit. Currently, there are hands waiting at every $20 drop to ring up the buy orders. This is not dollardude's gold market anymore.

roadrunner
  • Options
    pf70collectorpf70collector Posts: 6,504 ✭✭✭
    looks closer to $1200 now.
  • Options
    Down >>>>she goes!image

Avid collector of GSA's.
  • Options
    SPLUNGE!!!!!!!
  • Options
    My next buying spree was going to take place at 1190. Didn't expect to get there so soon.
    Perhaps I should wait for 1150 image
  • Options
    Looks like that one last move in gold from $1225-$1265.....not the direction I was expecting.

roadrunner
  • Options
    ebaytraderebaytrader Posts: 3,312 ✭✭✭

<< <i>$1300 Gold By St. Swithin's Day!

My fearless prediction!!!
    TD
    image >>

Timing is everything!
  • Options
    cohodkcohodk Posts: 18,621 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Looks like that one last move in gold from $1225-$1265.....not the direction I was expecting.

roadrunner >>

The rising wedge pattern was quite apparent. Four attempts at a break over 1250 in the last month. It is now exhausted. Those $20 dip buyers will quickly disappear.

The premuim for 64 Saints dropped $150 last month because 10,000 pieces came out of Europe--or so im told. If $15-18 million worth of supply can knock 10% off MS64 Saints, just think what a 1/2 a billion coming out of GLD could do.

Excuses are tools of the ignorant

Knowledge is the enemy of fear

• Options
    jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,380 ✭✭✭✭✭
    just think what a 1/2 a billion coming out of GLD could do.

Make it easier to keep buying in?image
    Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • Options
    The rising wedge pattern was quite apparent. Four attempts at a break over 1250 in the last month. It is now exhausted.

It's not the only pattern in play. Gold surprised last October from $1100-$1225. Gold surprised by going to a new all time high at $1265 rather than revisiting the sub-$1050 area as many expected. I don't count gold down for the count anymore. Just when she looks like she's knocked out....back she comes for more. All the sub-$1050 gold prognosticators are coming back out of the woodwork.

The premuim for 64 Saints dropped $150 last month because 10,000 pieces came out of Europe--or so im told. If $15-18 million worth of supply can knock 10% off MS64 Saints, just think what a 1/2 a billion coming out of GLD could do.

Those 10,000 pieces showing up is considerably more damaging than 1/2 a billion out of GLD. But, certainly both are damaging. On a value/percentage basis the 10,000 saints represent a larger % of the market cap. Worse yet, you're dropping those 10,000 saints into a relatively illiquid market that at times has difficulty handling 1,000 pieces. The price of the Saints never recovered all that much from the drop last Dec. at $1225. In essence, the saints have already discounted a lot of the downside that is now occuring with gold. They really didn't participate fully in the run-up from $1150+. Saints still "think" gold is back in the lower $1100's. It will take a steep run through $1300 to push them to new highs. Generic gold buyers are fickle, esp. when many of them are dealers who are speculating with them or even have them on margin. And when saints are running, you can't find 100 pieces, let alone 1000 or 10,000. They can be just as illiquid on the buy side when new hoards are not in the pipeline.

roadrunner
  • Options
    Maybe by next years St. Swithin's Day. BTW, the last 3 to 4 month was an excellent time to take some $$$ of the PM table. Those who didn't may have missed the boat this year. Only time will tell and may common sense, not wishful thinking nor fortune tellers predictions, be your guide.
  • Options
    KUCHKUCH Posts: 1,186
    I've thought about and digested all the info available since December of 08..... I still hold to my prediction that the BIG jump upward for PM's is in 2011. I just can't narrow down the month? April?image

Ther's only 2 things can can change my opinion, not including another war or huge major event, but our elections in November and will the tax cuts expire? (might this administration renew them?) On second thought, I've got to be dreaming.
  • Options
    Splunge........
  • Options
    5 days to go, but the question now is: will it stay above $1,200?
  • Options
    renman95renman95 Posts: 7,037 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It could still happen....image
  • Options

<< <i>My next buying spree was going to take place at 1190. Didn't expect to get there so soon.
    Perhaps I should wait for 1150 image >>

So, did you buy the dip after all, or chicken out?
  • Options
    Avid collector of GSA's.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>My next buying spree was going to take place at 1190. Didn't expect to get there so soon.

image >>

My check to APMEX was mailed out Monday. I bought Sunday evening. I bought 2 oz of Perth Mint gold bars
    and fourty 2010 ASE's.
  • Options
    I recently picked up some gold as well. The dip under 1200 was too tempting image
  • Options

<< <i>image
    image >>

YEE-HAHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

image >>

My check to APMEX was mailed out Monday. I bought Sunday evening. I bought 2 oz of Perth Mint gold bars
    and fourty 2010 ASE's. >>

Hope I helped push you off the fence!!!!!

TD
  • Options

<< <i>image
    image >>

Zing!!!!!!
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>image
    image >>

Zing!!!!!! >>

Like a Toews wrist shot to the upper corner image
  • Options
    mhammermanmhammerman Posts: 3,769 ✭✭✭
    "Zing!!!!!!"

Tomorrow is St. Swithin's (alt. Swithun's) Day. What ever it is tomorrow is the way it will be for the next 40 days. Probably not going to 1300 but "I love the smell of naplam in the morning...Smelled like victory. Some day this wars gonna end."

• Options
    Yep- tomorrow i can finally pick my apples! image
    "When someone tells you nothing is impossible, ask them to dribble a football"

MANY positive BST Transactions
  • Options
    And she falls like a rock image
  • Options
    So much for $1300 Gold by 7/15 ... Oh, well, there is always..Saint Crispen's Dayimage
    Lets see who is closer in their predictions.
  • Options
    There goes Bastille Day as well!

roadrunner