Home Precious Metals
Options

PM Show report for Lakeland, FL.

Just got back from spending Friday at the Lakeland, FL. show. [just out side of Tampa, going on today & Sunday as well].

This show has about 75 tables of coins & several tables of "other" items.

There is LOTS of gold .... A little silver .... and maybe a few oz's of Pt & Pd on the floor.

Prices were all over the place. I have never had such a WIDE variety of quotes for the same item at the same show!!

Just to give you a general idea of asking prices ....

SILVER.....
1 oz generic rounds.... spot + .50 to $2
10 oz bar. [not a lot to be had ... less now] ... spot + .60 to $4
100 oz. bar. spot + .60 to $1
90% was being bought at 10x and sold at 11.5x
Circ silver $ selling at $16

GOLD.... [all 1 oz.]
Eagles spot +$70
Maples & K-Rands spot +$50
Buffalows spot + $110 to $170

I will not bother you with the standard items I picked up ..... soooooo... a few of the better items that I bought home image
[ please, no comments about the pixs ... all the bars, both sides, are Mint/Prooflike ..I do not know why some of the surfaces look hazy]

I did find these 2 Suisse 1/2 oz silver bars for $10 each.... Anybody know what the building is?

And then I spotted this bar. 1 oz bars are easy to find. 2 oz JM's are a bit harder to find.
( Perfect bar ... rotten pix)

This is a 5 oz gold made for Bache by JM. The 10 oz bars are actually easier to find ... but not afford!!
( Another perfect bar w/ a rotten pix ....... some day .......)

If you are within driving distance and have some time for an enjoyable show .... head on over to the Lakeland convention center.

Untill next time .... Keep on stack'n!!
Silver Baron
Silver is the mortar that binds the bricks of loyalty.

Comments

• Options
    Excellent buys. Do you happen to have the JM 2oz silver bar in your collection? It is also a hard to find bar, and would make a neat companion to that JM gold 2 ouncer!
  • Options
    Do you happen to have the JM 2oz silver bar in your collection?

Yes. Neat Neat Neat image

Silver Baron
  • Options
    WeissWeiss Posts: 9,935 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Neat stuff and cool report!
    We are like children who look at print and see a serpent in the last letter but one, and a sword in the last.
    --Severian the Lame
  • Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I believe the "building" in your 1/2 oz PAMP bar is Mecca in Saudi Arabia. PAMP produced several different bars for Saudi Arabia .. Also, I've never seen a PAMP bar with Fortuna facing to the right and with that particular design. ( PS..after a closer look....that bar is not a PAMP bar, but a RAMI?)
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Options
    mkman123mkman123 Posts: 6,849 ✭✭✭✭
    nice gold image thanks for the report!
    Successful Buying and Selling transactions with:

Many members on this forum that now it cannot fit in my signature. Please ask for entire list.
  • Options
    OPA ...

OK..... Took a closer look at it ..... and ...... You are RIGHT.

It is a R A M I ...... both in the large logo at the top & the smaller one at the bottom.

Know anything about it? The styling is so close to a PAMP. Made for the mid-east?
    Weight and "look" are right.... so I am sure that it is .999 Silver.

Thousand Thanks for identifing the building!! image
    Silver Baron
  • Options
    ebaytraderebaytrader Posts: 3,312 ✭✭✭
    If you are attending the show, please stop by and say hi at Commercial Rare Coin / Brian Kuszmar's table - Center aisle at the back right side on an L.

If I'd known you be cruisin' for bars & rounds I would asked BK to take his mighty collection. Neat stuff accumlated over the years.
  • Options
    gdavis70gdavis70 Posts: 256 ✭✭✭
    Is it odd that dealers are selling 90% for 11.50x? if silver is at 16.29 then 90% should be at least 11.78x? Is it common to sell for less than spot for 90%?
  • Options
    thanx for the "boots on the ground" report
    Singapore & Hong Kong March/April
    Hong kong/Long Beach JUNE Table #838
    MACAU
    emgworldwide@gmail.com
    Cell: 512.808.3197
    EMERGING MARKET GROUP
    PCGS, NGC, CCE & NCS, CGC, PSA, Auth. Dealer
  • Options
    CaptHenwayCaptHenway Posts: 31,565 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Just got back from spending Friday at the Lakeland, FL. show. [just out side of Tampa, going on today & Sunday as well].

This show has about 75 tables of coins & several tables of "other" items.

There is LOTS of gold .... A little silver .... and maybe a few oz's of Pt & Pd on the floor.

Prices were all over the place. I have never had such a WIDE variety of quotes for the same item at the same show!!

Just to give you a general idea of asking prices ....

SILVER.....
    1 oz generic rounds.... spot + .50 to $2
    10 oz bar. [not a lot to be had ... less now] ... spot + .60 to $4
    100 oz. bar. spot + .60 to $1
    90% was being bought at 10x and sold at 11.5x
    Circ silver $ selling at $16

GOLD.... [all 1 oz.]
    Eagles spot +$70
    Maples & K-Rands spot +$50
    Buffalows spot + $110 to $170

I will not bother you with the standard items I picked up ..... soooooo... a few of the better items that I bought home image
    [ please, no comments about the pixs ... all the bars, both sides, are Mint/Prooflike ..I do not know why some of the surfaces look hazy]

I did find these 2 Suisse 1/2 oz silver bars for $10 each.... Anybody know what the building is?

And then I spotted this bar. 1 oz bars are easy to find. 2 oz JM's are a bit harder to find.
    ( Perfect bar ... rotten pix)

This is a 5 oz gold made for Bache by JM. The 10 oz bars are actually easier to find ... but not afford!!
    ( Another perfect bar w/ a rotten pix ....... some day .......)

If you are within driving distance and have some time for an enjoyable show .... head on over to the Lakeland convention center.

Untill next time .... Keep on stack'n!! >>

The building with the colonnade is indeed the Masjid Al Haram in Mecca, Saudi Arabia. I have that design in one ounce gold by Pamp Suisse, though it has upturned crescents on the tops of the two minarets.

Numismatist. 50 year member ANA. Winner of four ANA Heath Literary Awards; three Wayte and Olga Raymond Literary Awards; Numismatist of the Year Award 2009, and Lifetime Achievement Award 2020. Winner numerous NLG Literary Awards.