Home Precious Metals

Poll: Stackers VS Speculators

Which better descibes your precious metals involvement? Are you like myself, someone who buys and stashes constantly, only flipping occasionally, and only then to add even more to your stack? Or are you a speculator? Do you jump in on the dip, and sell off on the 5-10% profit, then wait for another dip to start over? Or are you strictly a flipper, only buying precious metals with the intent to flip for a profit?

Comments

• PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,301 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm a stacker. My heirs will probably be the ones that sell it all.

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• gsa1fangsa1fan Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭
    I want to stack but I'm constantly flipping! As long as the pile be it cash or PM's grow.

I sort of feel as I'm still stacking just my piles vary from month to month.

So I guess I'm a other/flipper/stacker?image
    Avid collector of GSA's.
  • KonaheadKonahead Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭
    stack and hold!
    PEACE! This is the first day of the rest of your life.

Fred, Las Vegas, NV
  • secondrepublicsecondrepublic Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭
    I'm a long-term speculator image
    "Men who had never shown any ability to make or increase fortunes for themselves abounded in brilliant plans for creating and increasing wealth for the country at large." Fiat Money Inflation in France, Andrew Dickson White (1912)
  • curlycurly Posts: 2,880

I guess I'm a stacker but that's tempered by the fact that anything is for sale if the price is right.
    Every man is a self made man.
  • OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If there is a profit to be made .... "I don't look a gift horse in the mouth." Consider me an anti "gloom & doomer."
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • mkman123mkman123 Posts: 6,849 ✭✭✭✭
    stacker but flipper if I can find something and make some money on it to put back into more metals.
    Successful Buying and Selling transactions with:

Many members on this forum that now it cannot fit in my signature. Please ask for entire list.
  • jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,305 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm an investor who believes that we are in a longterm uptrend, thus most of my transactions are buys, but you can bet that I'll dump a bunch if my opinion changes.
    Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • ajbaumanajbauman Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭
    I buy some to stack, some to collect, some to sell.

Overall my goal is to grow my pile and lower my cost by making a profit on other product along the way.

I also keep several coins each year to "collect" vs. stack.
    Buying £2 Britannias
  • guitarwesguitarwes Posts: 9,237 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I buy some to stack, some to collect, some to sell.

Overall my goal is to grow my pile and lower my cost by making a profit on other product along the way.

I also keep several coins each year to "collect" vs. stack. >>

this description best suits me.
    @ Elite CNC Routing & Woodworks on Facebook. Check out my work.
    Too many positive BST transactions with too many members to list.
  • I started out just collecting coins, then it tuned into learning more about PMs, which is now stacking/collecting. Over time i wish to grow my stack through many different means. That being said my goal is to GROW my stack
    Remember that the market can stay irrational longer than you can stay solvent.

BSTs with: Coll3ctor, gsa1fan, mkman123, ajbauman, tydye, piecesofme, pursuitofliberty

Travelog - 20in20travels.com
  • percybpercyb Posts: 3,301 ✭✭✭
    Call me stackman!
    "Poets are the unacknowledged legislators of the world." PBShelley

• << <i>If there is a profit to be made .... "I don't look a gift horse in the mouth." Consider me an anti "gloom & doomer." >>

An old timer told me once that he figured he couldn't go too wrong taking a profit!

• << <i>I'm an investor who believes that we are in a longterm uptrend, thus most of my transactions are buys, but you can bet that I'll dump a bunch if my opinion changes. >>

I agree that the trend is up.image I still see no reason why we couldn't see $2-$3000 dollar gold in the next 15-20 years, or sooner.
  • 57loaded57loaded Posts: 4,967 ✭✭✭

<< <i>If there is a profit to be made .... "I don't look a gift horse in the mouth." Consider me an anti "gloom & doomer." >>

you are dating yourself (and me) again.

stacking for now i kinda see it (POG) solid, but not any interest in adding more stories short term.
  • ksammutksammut Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭
    Stacker as we are in a heck of a lot of economic trouble for the next several years.
    American Numismatic Association Governor 2023 to 2025 - My posts reflect my own thoughts and are not those of the ANA.

My Numismatics with Kenny eBay Store Over 6000 listings and growing with more than 35,000 items sold

My Numismatics with Kenny Twitter Page

Instagram - numismatistkenny

My Numismatics with Kenny Blog Page Best viewed on a laptop or monitor.

ANA Life Member & Volunteer District Representative

2019 ANA Young Numismatist of the Year

Doing my best to introduce Young Numismatists and Young Adults into the hobby.

• Stacker, but will flip if the buy price is so low that the flip results in doubling of money for a few hours or days hold time.

Then use the proceeds towards other stack acquisitions.