Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Official Group Sub Thread - POPPAGE #1 cards have arrived. PM me if you are in group 1

Comments

• Options
    burke23burke23 Posts: 1,477 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Unfortunately, PSA is guilty of the same problem.

On my most recent submission, I sent in a bunch of XFRACTORS from a set. One of them was labeled REFRACTOR. When the shipment came,
    I confirmed that it was an XFRACTOR.

It wouldn't be so bad, however, it now leaves me one card short of 90% and the free gradings. It will go back when I send in my February special. >>

What's this '90% and free gradings' business about? Just curious.
    pete
    Looking for rare Randy Moss rookies and autos, as well as '97 PMG Red Football cards for my set.
  • Options
    90% completion on registry you get free gradings from PSA
  • Options
    Working on final sub form now.

Adjusting a lot of declared values. I assure you that no 1983 Topps Doug Bair is worth $50 nor is a 2002 Topps Chipper Jones worth $100, not even in a PSA 11 slab (Not actual cards submitted, just hypothetical examples).

If you have any complaints, feel free to PM me.
  • Options
    jeffcbayjeffcbay Posts: 8,948 ✭✭✭✭
    I hope you guys have a BALL with this Group Sub! image

• Options
    DavidPuddyDavidPuddy Posts: 3,483 ✭✭✭
    T
    T
    T
    "The Sipe market is ridiculous right now"
    CDsNuts, 1/9/15
  • Options
    corvette1340corvette1340 Posts: 3,384 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I hope you guys have a BALL with this Group Sub! image

image >>

I wonder how many times that dude busted his arse trying that stupid @#$%.
  • Options
    PowderedH2OPowderedH2O Posts: 2,443 ✭✭
    Did they pop yet?
    Successful dealings with shootybabitt, LarryP, Doctor K, thedutymon, billsgridirongreats, fattymacs, shagrotn77, pclpads, JMDVM, gumbyfan, itzagoner, rexvos, al032184, gregm13, californiacards3, mccardguy1, BigDaddyBowman, bigreddog, bobbyw8469, burke23, detroitfan2, drewsef, jeff8877, markmac, Goldlabels, swartz1, blee1, EarlsWorld, gseaman25, kcballboy, jimrad, leadoff4, weinhold, Mphilking, milbroco, msassin, meteoriteguy, rbeaton and gameusedhoop.
  • Options
    JHS5120JHS5120 Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Did they pop yet? >>

a better question, were they sent yet?
    My eBay Store =)

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." Dr. Seuss
  • Options
    thehallmarkthehallmark Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Did they pop yet? >>

a better question, were they sent yet? >>

Still two people to send their cards in according to the first page.
  • Options
    Indy78Indy78 Posts: 803 ✭✭✭
    Still two people to send their cards in according to the first page.

I'm listed twice on the list. Once showing just paid, and once showing paid and received. The latter is correct, so any wait is not on me.
  • Options
    mexpo75mexpo75 Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭✭
    What was the final tally of cards sent and have they been sent in? Thanks Bill! This was a huge job.

PS On a group sub like this what it estimated turn around time?
    PackManInNC
  • Options
    Order was delayed waiting on one submitters cards that were delayed in transit. Finally received Saturday. Shipping this afternoon. WIll update thread when cards are received by PSA.

Thanks to all that participated.
  • Options
    Anyone want to bet on how long it takes PSA to log in this sub?
    Over/Under 8 days after receiving the cards.
    CDsNuts, 1/9/15
  • Options

<< <i>Anyone want to bet on how long it takes PSA to log in this sub?
    Over/Under 8 days after receiving the cards. >>

I'm in for the over... My guess is 12 days...
    Positive and successful transactions with:
    LeagueLeader; IJustLoveCards; Recbball; msassin; leathtech; lsutigers1973; Bosox1976; Dboneesq; Aric; Bkritz
  • Options
    It's only about 3000 cards... shouldn't take but a week to get em back image

Oh yea, I think they will be logged in by Friday image
    Trying to climb the 1954-55 Topps Hockey ladder for the second time.

• Options
    I'm an optimist! Logged in by Friday the 19th!! Grades by mid-March! I have a feeling a sub of this magnitude will get some T.L.C. and extra attention!
    Paul
  • Options
    Just for the record on the over/under, sub will be divided up in to 7 different subs once it is received by PSA. 500 cards is the max PSA's system allows per order.
  • Options
    Nascar360Nascar360 Posts: 1,851 ✭✭✭
    It will pop on April 1, 2010.
  • Options
    baseballfanbaseballfan Posts: 5,452 ✭✭✭
    this is really great i don't submit like i used to and these group deals are great for me thanks again for putting this together

fred
    Fred

collecting RAW Topps baseball cards 1952 Highs to 1972. looking for collector grade (somewhere between psa 4-7 condition). let me know what you have, I'll take it, I want to finish sets, I must have something you can use for trade.

looking for Topps 71-72 hi's-62-53-54-55-59, I have these sets started

• Options
    Your item arrived at 6:39 AM on February 11, 2010 in NEWPORT BEACH, CA 92658. Information, if available, is updated periodically throughout the day. Please check again later.

Detailed Results:

Arrival at Unit, February 11, 2010, 6:39 am, NEWPORT BEACH, CA 92658

• Options
    JHS5120JHS5120 Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Your item arrived at 6:39 AM on February 11, 2010 in NEWPORT BEACH, CA 92658. Information, if available, is updated periodically throughout the day. Please check again later.

Detailed Results:

Arrival at Unit, February 11, 2010, 6:39 am, NEWPORT BEACH, CA 92658 >>

YAY!!!! image
    My eBay Store =)

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." Dr. Seuss
  • Options
    RonBurgundyRonBurgundy Posts: 5,491 ✭✭✭
    Which Eagle - Frey, Henley, Walsh, or Schmidt?
    Ron Burgundy

Buying Vintage, all sports.
    Buying Woody Hayes, Les Horvath, Vic Janowicz, and Jesse Owens autographed items
  • Options
    gumbyfangumbyfan Posts: 5,168 ✭✭✭

<< <i>500 cards is the max PSA's system allows per order. >>

...or so they say.

• Options

<< <i><< 500 cards is the max PSA's system allows per order. >>

...or so they say. >>

That's why I broke them up into 6 different packages.

Just for the record, all 6 have been received.
  • Options
    gumbyfangumbyfan Posts: 5,168 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i><< 500 cards is the max PSA's system allows per order. >>

...or so they say. >>

That's why I broke them up into 6 different packages.

Just for the record, all 6 have been received. >>

• Options
    CNoteCNote Posts: 2,070
    Nice:

414 1 15720366 POOR 1 MK 1987 TOPPS 635 KEN SCHROM Card US
  • Options
    billwaltonsbeardbillwaltonsbeard Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Nice:

414 1 15720366 POOR 1 MK 1987 TOPPS 635 KEN SCHROM Card US >>

what the heck is that? This belongs in a set registry with that 88 Donruss Mike Lavalliere.
  • Options

<< <i>Which Eagle - Frey, Henley, Walsh, or Schmidt? >>

Don't forget Don Felder. BTW, saw The Eagles circa 1979, (yes, I'm old) amazing concert. OK, sorry, back to the group sub.
    From what I can tell, 707 is the DOLLAR STORE compared to deans_cards. For what that guy charges, if I ever bought anything from him I would expect it to be delivered to me in a frickin' limo.
    ~WalterSobchak
  • Options
    eyeboneeyebone Posts: 1,402 ✭✭✭
    And what about Randy Meisner. An Eagle too, no?

Fantastic band.

Eyebone
    "I'm not saying I'm the best manager in the world, but I'm in the top one." Brian Clough
  • Options

<< <i>And what about Randy Meisner. An Eagle too, no? >>

Loved the song Try And Love Again from Hotel California, that was a Meisner song.
    From what I can tell, 707 is the DOLLAR STORE compared to deans_cards. For what that guy charges, if I ever bought anything from him I would expect it to be delivered to me in a frickin' limo.
    ~WalterSobchak
  • Options
    Order #20377733 / Submission #4950224
    Total Items: 467
    Date Received: 2/12/2010
    Date Shipped: N/A
    Order Status: Your order is still being processed.

One order logged with receive hold status. I assume all orders will show "Receive Hold" until all are logged.
  • Options
    And another.......

Order #20377738 / Submission #4950225
    Total Items: 561
    Order Status: Your order is still being processed.
  • Options
    burke23burke23 Posts: 1,477 ✭✭✭
    Wow - much quicker than last time from what I recall...sweet.
    Looking for rare Randy Moss rookies and autos, as well as '97 PMG Red Football cards for my set.
  • Options
    I think we will end up with a total of 6 different orders.
  • Options
    Order #20377750 / Submission #4950226
    Total Items: 607
    Order Status:

#3 and Receive Hold status removed on the first 3.
  • Options
    This is good!
    CDsNuts, 1/9/15
  • Options
    Now I'm getting nervous. Why would 3 of the 5 or 6 orders be logged and just a few minutes apart but the others are not showing up?
  • Options
    mexpo75mexpo75 Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭✭
    Maybe their fingers are getting cramped with typing or something.
    PackManInNC
  • Options

<< <i>Now I'm getting nervous. Why would 3 of the 5 or 6 orders be logged and just a few minutes apart but the others are not showing up? >>

Maybe they got to my cards and are laughing so hard that they can't get it input! image
  • Options
    Mine are in group six for sure.
    Successful dealings with shootybabitt, LarryP, Doctor K, thedutymon, billsgridirongreats, fattymacs, shagrotn77, pclpads, JMDVM, gumbyfan, itzagoner, rexvos, al032184, gregm13, californiacards3, mccardguy1, BigDaddyBowman, bigreddog, bobbyw8469, burke23, detroitfan2, drewsef, jeff8877, markmac, Goldlabels, swartz1, blee1, EarlsWorld, gseaman25, kcballboy, jimrad, leadoff4, weinhold, Mphilking, milbroco, msassin, meteoriteguy, rbeaton and gameusedhoop.
  • Options
    kwtozkwtoz Posts: 352 ✭✭

<< <i>Now I'm getting nervous. Why would 3 of the 5 or 6 orders be logged and just a few minutes apart but the others are not showing up? >>

Notice that although the submission numbers are sequential, the order numbers aren't. I'd say they are processing a lot of other submissions too.
    Who knows, they might have Friday morning staff meetings too.
    Kevin Thomas
  • Options
    What group you are in is irrelevant since PSA does not use a first in/first out system.
  • Options
    Order #20377983 / Submission #4950227
    Total Items: 619
    Order Status:

#4 - Status OK
  • Options
    CNoteCNote Posts: 2,070

<< <i>What group you are in is irrelevant since PSA does not use a first in/first out system. >>

Oh, don't you go tellin' ME what doesn't matter mister!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    BigRedMachineBigRedMachine Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭
    All very exciting stuff Bill.

At this pace, I'll have my cards back in hand in just a day or two!! image
  • Options
    Had a dream last night of quick poppage. Hope it wasn't a nightmare.
  • Options

<< <i>Had a dream last night of quick poppage. Hope it wasn't a nightmare. >>

The nightmare is when they come back. Large lots are *NEVER* in the same order that they were submitted. Sorting them will be the nightmare.

Thanks again for doing this!
    Kevin Thomas
  • Options

<< <i>The nightmare is when they come back. Large lots are *NEVER* in the same order that they were submitted. Sorting them will be the nightmare. >>

4 group subs and they were always graded and returned in the order they were received.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>The nightmare is when they come back. Large lots are *NEVER* in the same order that they were submitted. Sorting them will be the nightmare. >>

4 group subs and they were always graded and returned in the order they were received. >>

I hope it happens this time. On some of my large submissions, different years get mixed together when they were all sorted out when I submitted.
    Kevin Thomas
  • Options
    Looks like around 2400 cards have been logged in... hopefully the other 1000 or so get logged in soon so they are all on roughly the same timeline for poppage.. I wonder if PSA is open today since it is Prez Day?
    Paul