Home Precious Metals

Found a little Ag today

WeissWeiss Posts: 9,935 ✭✭✭✭✭
At one of my rental properties. Popped off a floor register to spray paint it at the completion of a bathroom remodel. This was in the dust at the bottom of the duct...

We are like children who look at print and see a serpent in the last letter but one, and a sword in the last.
--Severian the Lame

Comments

• 57loaded57loaded Posts: 4,967 ✭✭✭
    $8.40....image

.83 more if it's a war nickel

• rgCoinGuyrgCoinGuy Posts: 7,478
    Cool find!
    imageQuid pro quo. Yes or no?
  • OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭
    To bad it wasn't a 22k gold chain...
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • WeissWeiss Posts: 9,935 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>To bad it wasn't a 22k gold chain... >>

I wish! I've found three 14k chains on my properties over the years, but they were all feather light.

These two pieces were among the dust and debris in the duct today, too.

I thought the earring might be silver, but I wasn't going to count it unless it was marked. It was covered in gunk and I've been picking away at it while sitting at my desk this afternoon. I scratched the back of the screw and revealed this a few moments ago...

We are like children who look at print and see a serpent in the last letter but one, and a sword in the last.
    --Severian the Lame
  • mkman123mkman123 Posts: 6,849 ✭✭✭✭
    have that necklace actually tested to see if its real.......at the local store, a guy came in with that same type of necklace and when tested, it was fake. Even the stamp .925 doesn't mean anything
    Successful Buying and Selling transactions with:

Many members on this forum that now it cannot fit in my signature. Please ask for entire list.
  • Use a magnet, silver shouldn't stick to it.
    Andy
  • WeissWeiss Posts: 9,935 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not bad advice. I've been a metals hound for almost 30 years. Bought scrap when I was in middle school image
    There's no reason to believe it's fake. It looks real, it feels real, it sounds real, it's marked. That's good enough for me image
    --Severian the Lame
  • mkman123mkman123 Posts: 6,849 ✭✭✭✭
    well even the best can be fooled, ask the people in the coin forum if they can 100% detect some of the chinese fakes or the chinese fake PCGS and NCG slabs.

Successful Buying and Selling transactions with:

Many members on this forum that now it cannot fit in my signature. Please ask for entire list.
  • gecko109gecko109 Posts: 8,231

<< <i>have that necklace actually tested to see if its real.......at the local store, a guy came in with that same type of necklace and when tested, it was fake. Even the stamp .925 doesn't mean anything >>

Slow down Mike! Its an $8 silver necklace, not a $3,000 gold necklace!image