Home Precious Metals

How many ounces did you add this week?

CladiatorCladiator Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭✭
I started the week not planning on adding any ounces to the hoard. Funny how things work sometimes. I'm officially calling it quits for the week, actually my bank account is making the call image

This weeks totals are 60 ounces of silver in 21 bars / 20 coins and 12.65 grams of gold in 2 coins.

It's a disease!

Comments

• adamlaneusadamlaneus Posts: 6,969 ✭✭✭
    Oh, i've been picking up 5 ounce Libertads of various sorts.

Last week, 15 ounces.

There is something about the 5 ounce sized coin that really attracts me. It's the size of your palm, so you can get your hand around it. It's hefty. They stack! Show it to someone who has not seen a 5 ounce silver coin and their eyes pop out (*)!

(*) Disclaimer: "eyes pop out" is a figure of speech. These coins do not actually present any danger of ocular avulsion.

Due to the premiums that Libertads currently command, it's hard to consider them as Bullion. I believe i'm paying somewhere around $20 an ounce for these.
  • RedTigerRedTiger Posts: 5,608
    Zero. I haven't bought any bullion items or bullion type coins during 2009. I have bought quite a few numismatic coins.
  • CladiatorCladiator Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh yeah, I did sell 15 ounces of silver in 2 bars this week. I guess that gives me a net silver increase of only 45 ounces.
  • CoinHuskerCoinHusker Posts: 5,030 ✭✭✭
    I traded 17 oz of silver for 1/4 gold (modern commem) plus 3/4 ounces of gold I bought (3 more modern commems). So in total ounces, I guess the net is -16 ounces.
    Collecting coins, medals and currency featuring "The Sower"
  • WeissWeiss Posts: 9,935 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Got those 5 ounces of palladium. No silver quarters from my monthly going-through of my laundry machine till, though image
    We are like children who look at print and see a serpent in the last letter but one, and a sword in the last.
    --Severian the Lame
  • I just picked up 30 oz via 3 ten ounce bars this week. I am running out of storage space. image
  • I picked up about around 1/2 oz in gold in Gram sized bars/rounds. Also 2 10 oz JM art bars, and close to another 10 oz in Fractional pieces. Picked up 2 Grams of Platinum, One From SILVERTOWNE, 1 Gram Palladium. Looking for a 1 oz palladium bar worth purchasing before it jumps too high.
    Its all relative
  • I jus picked up a whhhoolle lotttaaaa libertads @ 16.80 image
    Singapore & Hong Kong March/April
    Hong kong/Long Beach JUNE Table #838
    MACAU
    emgworldwide@gmail.com
    Cell: 512.808.3197
    EMERGING MARKET GROUP
    PCGS, NGC, CCE & NCS, CGC, PSA, Auth. Dealer
  • only 1 10oz bar of silver this week

100oz of silver last week

I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it - Clint Eastwood
  • We picked up 1-Oz. CS/FB gold. Used our 8% eBay coupon.
    "All our money is tied up in cash"
    "Vita est nihil sed unum damnatum rem postalia"
  • cohodkcohodk Posts: 18,550 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I shorted 2000 oz of silver, made $1800 and put the cash in the bank.

Anybody got $200 FV to sell?
    Excuses are tools of the ignorant

Knowledge is the enemy of fear

• DorkGirlDorkGirl Posts: 9,994 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I shorted 2000 oz of silver, made $1800 and put the cash in the bank.

Anybody got $200 FV to sell? >>

I wish I was brave enough to do that.....I just don't have any idea where to start to learn how...image
    Becky
    Nothing bought for 3 weeks, got a show I'm saving for.
    Becky
  • mhammermanmhammerman Posts: 3,769 ✭✭✭
    (A) New carpet in den + wife + domestic tranquility = (B) 1 GAE

What would you do, choose A or B?

I took (A). Life is good.
  • OnlyGoldIsMoneyOnlyGoldIsMoney Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭✭✭
    1.21 ounces of gold in three modern commems. The MSN cashback at 14% made me do it.
  • KonaheadKonahead Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭
    20 ounces maple leaves
    PEACE! This is the first day of the rest of your life.

Fred, Las Vegas, NV
  • MeltdownMeltdown Posts: 8,650 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Only $3.50 face value of Franklins.
    That officialy makes $20 face of Franklins for me and $10 face of Walkers.
    I've only recently been purchasing 90% for silver.
    Now I really need to get a safe deposit box.
  • mhammermanmhammerman Posts: 3,769 ✭✭✭
    If I bot a little pouch full of CDE does that count?
  • fcfc Posts: 12,788 ✭✭✭
    got 1.35 face value of 90% silver... for... 1.35 at the bank. image
  • guitarwesguitarwes Posts: 9,237 ✭✭✭

Bought 18 Silver Eagles for spot/shipped this week.......from the BST. image

@ Elite CNC Routing & Woodworks on Facebook. Check out my work.
    Too many positive BST transactions with too many members to list.
  • roadrunnerroadrunner Posts: 28,303 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bought a 100 oz pouch of 90% silver coin. It was interesting in that it was a fresh "unsearched" lot of older coins with about 65% merc dimes and almost no Roosies. I bought a larger group of mercs and walkers from the same source a few weeks back. This stuff was put away decades ago. And there's lots more of it.

roadrunner
    Barbarous Relic No More, LSCC -GoldSeek--shadow stats--SafeHaven--321gold
  • soo jealous i luv buying old bags of 90%

fun digging thru it

Singapore & Hong Kong March/April
    Hong kong/Long Beach JUNE Table #838
    MACAU
    emgworldwide@gmail.com
    Cell: 512.808.3197
    EMERGING MARKET GROUP
    PCGS, NGC, CCE & NCS, CGC, PSA, Auth. Dealer
  • BBQnBLUESBBQnBLUES Posts: 1,803
    <sigh> I remember being able to buy 1 oz (4 fingers) for $20...

Times sure have changed !
  • OverdateOverdate Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭✭✭
    >>How many ounces did you add this week?<<

According to my scale I added 32 ounces this week, but I plan to go on a diet and lose the two pounds by next weekend. image

My Adolph A. Weinman signature :)

With my cashback I got 1/4 ounce for $185. image

Becky
  • carscars Posts: 1,904
    Awesome pickup!

I picked up 3 oz Palladium Pamp bars yesterday for $260 using cashback, eBaybucks, Bigcrumbs :-). I wish sellers would list with realistic buy it now prices, I don't understand why they think they are entilted to raise the price when Cashback is going on. Why do they feel they should get a cut of your cashback?
    Its all relative
  • OverdateOverdate Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭✭✭
    >>I wish sellers would list with realistic buy it now prices, I don't understand why they think they are entilted to raise the price when Cashback is going on. Why do they feel they should get a cut of your cashback?<<

It's the buyers, not the sellers, that drive prices up. When Cashback is available, the less expensive coins are snapped up by alert buyers at net prices below melt. As a result, the cheapest coins remaining on sale display higher prices, which partly or completely offset the Cashback discount.

My Adolph A. Weinman signature :)

• mkman123mkman123 Posts: 6,849 ✭✭✭✭
    1 oz in silver, everyone has a starting point image
    Successful Buying and Selling transactions with:

Many members on this forum that now it cannot fit in my signature. Please ask for entire list.
  • OnlyGoldIsMoneyOnlyGoldIsMoney Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭✭✭
    60 oz of silver in 8 bars arrived this week plus .4837 oz gold in one $10 1984 Olympic. The bad news is that I used the last of my 20 cashback opportunities. image
  • Slow week for me only 4 ounces gold and 20 Silver eagles
    Many successful BST transactions ajia
    (x2,Meltdown),cajun,Swampboy,SeaEagleCoins,InYHWHWeTrust, bstat1020,Spooly,timrutnat,oilstates200, vpr, guitarwes,
    mariner67, and Mikes coins
  • gecko109gecko109 Posts: 8,231

<< <i>Slow week for me only 4 ounces gold and 20 Silver eagles >>

LOL@ "slow week" with over $4,300 in purchases. If you had nothing BUT "slow" weeks, and kept that pace for a year, thats $223,000 in bullion purchases. Just who do you think your bullchitting?image
  • I am not bsing no body! I have a inheritance from my fathers death that has been sitting in the bank doing nothing. My home is paid for and both my wife and I are debt free. I guess we are just blessed in this economy. I have reached my limit on bullion buys though at least for the time being. My wife is the smart one in this family 5 years ago she pulled all our money out of the markets before the crash. I just wanted to have some bullion just in case something bad happens in the world. We are not rich we just havent taken much risk lately.
    (x2,Meltdown),cajun,Swampboy,SeaEagleCoins,InYHWHWeTrust, bstat1020,Spooly,timrutnat,oilstates200, vpr, guitarwes,

<< <i>

<< <i>Slow week for me only 4 ounces gold and 20 Silver eagles >>

LOL@ "slow week" with over $4,300 in purchases. If you had nothing BUT "slow" weeks, and kept that pace for a year, thats $223,000 in bullion purchases. Just who do you think your bullchitting?image >>

I was thinking the same thing but not an uncommon occurrence around here it seems. Lot of people here are able to drop Thousands/Tens of Thousands a week/month. Too bad I can't do it image
    Its all relative
  • I didn't think of my bullion buys as "dropping thousands" I just look at it as a new bank account. And who knows I may be able to make more then the 2.4% I get in my Cd's! If not at least I know the bullion will never be worth $0. My finances are such that if I have too I can hold the bullion for many years before selling I figure I would at least break even in the end. I am new at this and have much to learn I just know 1 thing for sure! I will never again put another dime in the stock markets! too many of our friends now in their 50s have lost 40+% trusting those guys!. I have really learned much from all you professionals in this forum Many it seems have been buying bullion for many years. THANKS!
    Goingbroke,

No disrespect intended. Its just the way you posted gave the impression you spend over $5k a week on bullion.
    Its all relative
  • I have! for the last 4 weeks! LOL
  • In the end it will not matter though. The majority of the public when it comes to investing, really cannot think for themselves and essentially are gamblers looking for that one big score so they do not have to keep working at Wal-Mart. It explains completely just how channels like CNBC, and shows like Mad Money are able to keep and actually increase their audience base, though they essentially led those who watch their shows right down the path to being broke. (they remind me of car salesmen)

Booyah everyone!

(sorry, i just had to throw that in)
  • bought 3 oz of goldimage and 40 SAE'simage
    steve

myCCset
  • cohodkcohodk Posts: 18,550 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I will never again put another dime in the stock markets

Cooolll. Less competition.image

I added about a 1/4 bag of 90% after shorting silver earlier in the week.
    Excuses are tools of the ignorant

Knowledge is the enemy of fear

• JulioJulio Posts: 2,501
    None this week. I sold 6 OZ's; ASE. jws

<< <i>None this week. I sold 6 OZ's; ASE. jws >>

Ditto, zero onces for me too.
    Actual went down on the ounce count this week. image
  • I ran accross some interesting 1 oz SLV rounds this week and purchased ten of them. Sorry no pics.
    NumbersUsa, FairUs, Alipac, CapsWeb, and TeamAmericaPac
  • 1jester1jester Posts: 8,638 ✭✭✭
    10 more kilos this week for me, including a nice old pour JM kilo bar.

imageimageimage
    .....GOD

"Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you." -Luke 11:9

"Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD: And thou shalt love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might." -Deut. 6:4-5

"For the LORD is our judge, the LORD is our lawgiver, the LORD is our king; He will save us." -Isaiah 33:22
    I picked up a few grams of gold and a 1/25 round, 2 oz Palladium, and about 15 oz in small silver pieces
    Its all relative
  • 1Jester,

Love those 32.15 bars. To me they are the preferd size when comparing 20 oz, 25, 32.15, 50, and 100's
    And the word KILO just sounds kinda cool when you say it. The rest of the world that use the metric system recognizes them much easier also.
    I have a few of the World types and a JM.
    NumbersUsa, FairUs, Alipac, CapsWeb, and TeamAmericaPac
  • I just got this bullion coin today! I couldnt pass it up!
  • Try agan!
  • I recently bought a nice crusty original 1838-c half eagle in a PCGS holder so I don't have alot of extra cash laying around, however I did buy a roll of Canadian Silver dollars and a few 1 oz. Silver bars while I was in town. I can't seem to stop buying Silver, it must be an addiction.