Comments

• Options
    KentuckyJKentuckyJ Posts: 1,871 ✭✭✭

goingbroke, linked for you

• Options
    1jester1jester Posts: 8,638 ✭✭✭

<< <i> I can't seem to stop buying Silver, it must be an addiction. >>

I hear you, sir! LOL

NumbersUSA, I think you may be on to something. I can't stay away from the kilo bars. They seem to be just the right size. 100 ouncers and 5 kilo bars just weigh too damn much to be toting around... image but kilo bars fit nicely into one's hand. Recently I saw some kilo Cook Islands "coins", minted by Meule and not the Perth mint, and they are machined just like the 100 ounce and 5 kilo bars and look just so damn cute, I'm gonna have to get me some eventually (after I drain one dealer's stock of old poured bars). They stack magnificently too. The JM bar I just got (I'm a newbie at this so I have no clue about their history) seems to be rather old since it is poured, and only embossed with the producer's mark (Johnson Matthey & Pauwels, Bruxelles Brussel) in ovals on the top, follwed by 999 below this and 1000. at the bottom. That's it. I thought it strange that the weight (1000.) is followed by the decimal point but no zero afterwards.

Sorry no pictures for now but as soon as I get some I'll post in the bullion thread.

imageimageimage
    .....GOD

"Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you." -Luke 11:9

"Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD: And thou shalt love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might." -Deut. 6:4-5

"For the LORD is our judge, the LORD is our lawgiver, the LORD is our king; He will save us." -Isaiah 33:22
  • Options
    PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,447 ✭✭✭✭✭
    As I noted in another thread, a friend at my last coin club meeting had six 10 oz Johnson-Matthey silver bars that he sold me at $140 per bar.

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• Options
    mkman123mkman123 Posts: 6,849 ✭✭✭✭
    1jester, the kilo JM poured you bought is rare and I have seen it for sale before. Worth way more than what you paid for I am sure! Good pickup.

Bought 0 ozs of anything
    Successful Buying and Selling transactions with:

Many members on this forum that now it cannot fit in my signature. Please ask for entire list.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i> I can't seem to stop buying Silver, it must be an addiction. >>

I hear you, sir! LOL

NumbersUSA, I think you may be on to something. I can't stay away from the kilo bars. They seem to be just the right size. 100 ouncers and 5 kilo bars just weigh too damn much to be toting around... image but kilo bars fit nicely into one's hand. Recently I saw some kilo Cook Islands "coins", minted by Meule and not the Perth mint, and they are machined just like the 100 ounce and 5 kilo bars and look just so damn cute, I'm gonna have to get me some eventually (after I drain one dealer's stock of old poured bars). They stack magnificently too. The JM bar I just got (I'm a newbie at this so I have no clue about their history) seems to be rather old since it is poured, and only embossed with the producer's mark (Johnson Matthey & Pauwels, Bruxelles Brussel) in ovals on the top, follwed by 999 below this and 1000. at the bottom. That's it. I thought it strange that the weight (1000.) is followed by the decimal point but no zero afterwards.

Sorry no pictures for now but as soon as I get some I'll post in the bullion thread.

imageimageimage >>

Congrats on the purchase of the poured JM kilo bar.image
  • Options
    By the way I've only got one kilo bar, I'll have to go dig it out but it's from either Germany or Switzerland at least according to the hallmark that's what I was able to determine.
  • Options
    ProofCollectionProofCollection Posts: 5,411 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I moved some money around, so I picked up a case of ASE's at $16.20 and 9 AGEs.
  • Options
    1jester1jester Posts: 8,638 ✭✭✭

<< <i>1jester, the kilo JM poured you bought is rare and I have seen it for sale before. Worth way more than what you paid for I am sure! Good pickup.

Bought 0 ozs of anything >>

Thanks, Mike. I thought I've seen a picture on this forum somewhere of a similar bar, but couldn't find it in a search. You're right, I paid just over bullion for this bar (and some others).

Norseman, thank you too!

imageimageimage
    .....GOD

"Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you." -Luke 11:9

"Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD: And thou shalt love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might." -Deut. 6:4-5

"For the LORD is our judge, the LORD is our lawgiver, the LORD is our king; He will save us." -Isaiah 33:22
  • Options
    DorkGirlDorkGirl Posts: 9,994 ✭✭✭
    Used my Ebay coupon and 8% from Bing to pick up 2 -10 ounce Engelhards image

It is an addiction, if I sell a few ounces I have to buy more.imageimage
    Becky
  • Options
    carscars Posts: 1,904
    I stacked 2 oz PD, 1/2 oz engelhard Plat bar, 2 gold gram bars & 8 oz Silver. Sold some silver however and 3 grams gold

Picked up the PD @ $235 each and the 1/2 oz plat for $590. I love cashback & EBay coupons image
    Its all relative
  • Options
    sumrtymsumrtym Posts: 394 ✭✭✭
    You didn't do quite as well as a guy I know last week who ran into 90% at a garage sale whom the guy wanted 4x face for and he talked down to 3x....

He made $600 on that deal.
  • Options
    carscars Posts: 1,904
    Many would consider that dishonest and unethical, On the boarder of stealing.
    Its all relative
  • Options

<< <i>Many would consider that dishonest and unethical, On the boarder of stealing. >>

I wouldn't have done it, I'd have given him the 4x he wanted. I also thought that was pretty bad talking him down. You're still making out, why not make the guy happy and meet his price that made him happy?
  • Options
    For some and especialy at those informal type sales such as yard sales, talking down, jewing down, haggling, wheeling and dealing, or whatever you want to call it is all the fun or part of the ritual and they love doing it. Some are outrageuos about but they feel its part of the process. The guy surely did'nt have to sale. Any reputable dealer or gold silver buyer would have given him 8x + especially if he made a couple phone calls and shopped it by phone 1st.
    NumbersUsa, FairUs, Alipac, CapsWeb, and TeamAmericaPac
  • Options

<< <i>For some and especialy at those informal type sales such as yard sales, talking down, jewing down, haggling, wheeling and dealing, or whatever you want to call it is all the fun or part of the ritual and they love doing it. Some are outrageuos about but they feel its part of the process. The guy surely did'nt have to sale. Any reputable dealer or gold silver buyer would have given him 8x + especially if he made a couple phone calls and shopped it by phone 1st. >>

I think the fact he kept saying "I know what these coins are worth" that may have pushed him to see if he could get them even cheaper. Anyway, that's a gift in my book, and not something I'd have even bothered to try. Again, he's selling for less than half their value, just make him happy by giving him his asking rate, count yourself lucky, and walk away.

But again, that's just me. I'm not afraid to take a good deal when I see it, but I'm not going to further screw you then you're already doing it to yourself.
  • Options
    mkman123mkman123 Posts: 6,849 ✭✭✭✭
    actually selling some silver so not adding any
    Successful Buying and Selling transactions with:

Many members on this forum that now it cannot fit in my signature. Please ask for entire list.