Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

BBCE Group Rip Time!! All sold out!!!!!! Time to pay pay the piper!!

Comments

• Options
    leathtechleathtech Posts: 3,191
    Rip them... anyone know if it's worth grading minty 79/80 Hockey cards????
  • Options
    Lol Coltsfan - mine came this morning. I don't even know what I got - a couple hundred bucks worth I think. What's the over/under on how long till I at least crack the package? Anyone taking bets???

Here's an insiders tip: I'm going to be out in the field this afternoon, but there's Heineken in the fridge, so the probability goes up once the cap comes off the green bottle...
  • Options
    5 minutes after you get home to open the package...
    Cory
    ----------------------
    Working on:
    Football
    1973 Topps PSA 8+ (99.81%)
    1976 Topps PSA 9+ (36.36%)
    1977 Topps PSA 9+ (100%)

Baseball
    1938 Goudey (56.25%)
    1951 Topps Redbacks PSA 8 (100%)
    1952 Bowman PSA 7+ (63.10%)
    1953 Topps PSA 5+ (91.24%)
    1973 Topps PSA 8+ (70.76%)
    1985 Fleer PSA 10 (54.85%)
  • Options
    richtreerichtree Posts: 1,500 ✭✭✭
    thanks again to PROMETHIUS88 for organizing this rip...

hoping to see mine home today for full rippage..lol

goood luck to all

Buying:
    Topps White Out (silver) letters Alex Gordon
    80 Topps Greg Pryor “No Name"
    90 ProSet Dexter Manley error
    90 Topps Jeff King Yellow back
    1958 Topps Pancho Herrera (no“a”)
    81 Topps Art Howe (black smear above hat)
    91 D A. Hawkins BC-12 “Pitcher”
  • Options
    PROMETHIUS88PROMETHIUS88 Posts: 2,841 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dang it!!! You all need to get ripping! I'm stuck at work and need you to rip and post! I just hope that mine will be on my doorstep tonight!
    Promethius881969@yahoo.com
  • Options
    fattymacsfattymacs Posts: 2,578 ✭✭✭
    2 1980 baseball
    2 1984 Football

nothing scan worthy
  • Options
    ssdawg77ssdawg77 Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I received my packs today, (2 79/80, 2 85/86, 5 81 fb, 4 84 fb, 2 86 fb, 1 76fb), out of 16 packs I pulled one hofer, 86 Payton. The rest were commons, none worth submitting. Thanks for putting the rip together. Good luck to those with packs left to open. Maybe I pulled all the dud packs and there will plenty of great cards for the rest of you.

Stoney
  • Options
    GonblottGonblott Posts: 1,951 ✭✭
    Forgot to update

Paid for two packs 86 FB
  • Options
    Hopefully posting this pic works for me lol. Will get pics of cards up shortly.

5 packs of 81, 84, and 86 football. 3 76 cellos and 3 79/80 hockey.

• Options
    leathtechleathtech Posts: 3,191

<< <i>Hopefully posting this pic works for me lol. Will get pics of cards up shortly.

5 packs of 81, 84, and 86 football. 3 76 cellos and 3 79/80 hockey.

image >>

looks like fun good luck pulling some sweet rookies!
  • Options
    Good luck
  • Options
    5 packs of 86 Topps went quite well! Condition of the cards is very strong. Some centering issues and wax stains, but corners are mint on almost every card. 2 Paytons, White RC and Jerry Rice image The blank card in the scan is a Jim Covert with a blank back. Not sure how common this is or not, but I thought it was interesting. Anyone else pull a blank back or front from this box?

• Options
    Not bad on the 84's either. One of the Long's was the last card in the pack and has bad wax stains on the back, as every last card in the pack did. Also, one card per pack also had one edge that was badly damaged. Luckily each one of these in my packs were commons.

• Options
    Last of the packs. Not much in the hockey, although I guess pulling a Bossy after a Gretzky has already been pulled was a best case scenario lol. Nothing of note except the Bradshaw in the 81's, but cards a very gradeable, so hoping someone pulls a Montana! The 76's are hit or miss on condition. Some have nasty corner dings. Time to go through pop report and the commons to find some nice mint/gems to have graded image Good luck to everyone else.

• Options
    I just got mine!!!!!

RIpping to follow : hopefully with some scannage as well..

richtree
    Buying:
  • Options
    3 Packs or 84 Topps football opened. Got a sharp Darrell Green. Should grade a 9. Got a Payton, but lots of snow on it.
    Still 76 Topps football left to bust. I'll at least get a scan of the Green later.

Tim
  • Options
    I too left the good ones out there for everyone....I got some cards in decent shape, but mostly commons 79 and 80 bases, and hockey was a dud for both years....

here's 2 of my best unfortunately:

Buying:
  • Options
    daddymcdaddymc Posts: 3,080 ✭✭✭
    Got my packs today. 1 - 79/80 Hockey, 1 - 79 Baseball, 1 - 84 Football, and 1 - 86 Football will remain unopened for my pack collection.

Nothing exciting in the packs I did rip:

79 Baseball - Fergie Jenkins (decent centering and good corners), Dale Murphy (OC T/B)
    84 Football - Dickerson Instant Replay (OC T/B, some snow), Rams Leaders/Dickerson (OC L/T, lots of snow). Both are sharp
    86 Football - Dan Fouts (sharp, decent centering, slight tilt

Currently working on: Kurt Warner PSA 9 or 10

• Options
    I ripped one 84 football and one 86 football. I'm probably holding onto the others for the time being.

I was pleasantly surprised by the shininess of the 84s - every card seemed to glow and the centering and corners weren't bad either. Nobody to write home about - Lyle Alzado and Mr D were about it. But every single card looked like a 9 or a 10 to me, they were that shiny and well-centered.

The 86s were in slightly less great condition - I got a Payton but of course he had white scuffy dots all over him. And I got a Bruce Smith and a Marino. So I guess I got $20 worth of fun out of those packs, unless you guys tell me that I did better or worse.

BTW, as a huge Rangers fan from back in the 79/80 era, if any of you guys want to send me your Rangers commons or creased whatevers, I'll gladly swap junk with you. PM me if interested.
  • Options
  • Options
    Ok, so that didn't work out so well, try this one.

• Options
    Nothing worth scanning in the 1976 Topps football packs. I noticed that on one half of the pack, pretty much all the cards are 400's and 500's while the other half of the pack seemed mixed 0-399. Weird collation, but hey, it's Topps!

Good luck to the rest of you!
  • Options
    I opened my 79-80 and 84-85 HK packs.

Got nothing but commons.

• Options
    SidePocketSidePocket Posts: 2,901 ✭✭✭
    Only opened a couple packs so far. The 81 FB absolutely shine. Wish they'd shine with a Montana.

"Molon Labe"

• Options
    Centering on 84 FB is so tough:

"Molon Labe"

• Options
    a bunch of common and a heavily stain Gretzky, lets see those Lemieux's
  • Options
    That Monk Rc is Sweeeet!
    Congrats!!

Mark
    --------------------------------------------
    NFL HOF RC SET
  • Options
    Is that an indentation on the right side of the Monk or is that on the sleeve? Looks like another one below Redskins where the yellow name banner comes to a point.

I've seen much worse centering on a Marino. Snow seems to be an issue with this batch of '84's as well.

Regardless, they are both nice pulls and far better than anything I had!

• Options
    No Gretzky in my 79-80 hockey pack. Cards were well centered though.
  • Options
    The Monk is pretty nice, those "indentations" aren't on the card.

"Molon Labe"

• Options
    jswietonjswieton Posts: 2,870 ✭✭✭
    I picked up my packs today and will rip sometime after dinner on Tuesday when my wife goes to her water arobics class. Is there a way to have PSA grade the 81 Football packs with the 79 wrappers? Are there any identifying marks on those packs that lets the grader know that it is an 81 pack and not a 79?
  • Options
    ssollarsssollars Posts: 932 ✭✭✭✭
    Got my packs today...

5 - 81 FB
    3 - 86 FB
    2 - 84 FB
    1 - 76 FB

I was pretty worried when I first saw the conditions of the packs. Two of 81's were slightly curved on one end, both 84's looked like they had extra "wax" on them and the 76 was curved and I could clearly see that at least the top and bottom cards would have damage!

The 81's yielded 14 nicely centered cards (all commons) and 2 stars (Simms & Clark) both slightly off center. 8 of the commons made nice upgrades for my 81 set. 2 cards had damage other than centering (wax stains on backs, edge nicks, etc...)

The 86's yielded 7 nicely centered cards (all commons) and no major stars. 7 cards had damage including 3 with blank backs!

The 84's were the worst of the bunch, yielding only 1 centered common and no stars. 6 cards with damage

Needless to say I was disappointed so far and from the looks of the last pack, I wasn't to hopefull.

It turned out that other than the top and bottom cards having corner issues, the 76's were centered nicely with only few (3-5) off center.

Including the following two!!!!!!!!

The Payton does have a rough spot on the edge of the bottom border, but overall I'm happy with it. image This is one of only two 70's star cards that I've never owned. Just wish I still owned them though...
  • Options
    nightcrawlernightcrawler Posts: 5,110 ✭✭
    That Simpson needs a ten. That's a great card.

• Options
    flatfoot816flatfoot816 Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭
    sorry guys...been really tied up. Will paypal the $$ later today when I get in the office.

Nice Payton...guess I will NOT bust my packs!!

Manny
  • Options
    ldfergldferg Posts: 6,739 ✭✭✭
    ssollars,
    those 76s look "sweet".

Thanks,

David (LD_Ferg)

1985 Topps Football (starting in psa 8) - #9 - started 05/21/06
  • Options
    Well I just opened my 6 85 OPC hockey and nothing good to report. I got doubles in Bob Janicyk and John Tonelli in 6 packs. Why could I have not gotten doubles in Lemieux.

Now I dont even want to open the 79 topps but it is my birth so we will see.
  • Options
    initialDinitialD Posts: 1,624 ✭✭✭
    The STARS are poppin!!! Sweet Payton pull Congrats image

Still haven't got my packs yet image

Maybe 2day image
  • Options
    Anyone willing to part with some minty fresh 1986 Topps football commons, please PM me. I am looking for raw upgrades for a crappy set I bought on the BST forum.
  • Options
    I cracked all of the 1979 TOPPS hockey and got zippo with them. If anyone wants some nice commons let me know as I do not collectthis set.
  • Options
    mtcardsmtcards Posts: 3,342 ✭✭✭
    The OJ looks very good, like it was stabbed, errr cut with a very sharp knife
    IT IS ALWAYS CHEAPER TO NOT SELL ON EBAY
  • Options
    jswietonjswieton Posts: 2,870 ✭✭✭
    Payton looks like a psa 8. Nice rip!!
  • Options

<< <i>I cracked all of the 1979 TOPPS hockey and got zippo with them. If anyone wants some nice commons let me know as I do not collectthis set. >>

PM'd
  • Options
    flatfoot816flatfoot816 Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭
    You have sent $318.76 USD to bbcexchange@sprintmail.com.
    We have sent you a receipt for this transaction, and an email has been sent to your recipient.

OK...the list had me down for the 3 '81 FB packs that was supposed to have been taken off. I paid for them nonetheless. Again sorry about the late payment.

Manny
  • Options
    EchoCanyonEchoCanyon Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭
    Just got my (3) 1980 baseball and (2) 1979 baseball:

Sorry, I don't have time to scan, but:

1980 pack 1:

Jim Palmer, Gary Carter (probably OC)

1980 pack 2:

George Brett

1980 pack 3:

Willie Stargell (some printer's mark)

1979 pack 1:

Ryan/Richard Strikout Leader

1979 pack 2:

Was not sealed completely and had nothing but commons

• Options
    fergie23fergie23 Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭✭
    Opened the 4 1979 Topps hockey packs and 6 1985/86 OPC hockey packs in my rip thread.
    Highlights included

I will be opening the 1984 and 1986 Topps football packs later in the week.

Robb
  • Options
    Congrats on those, they are blazers!!!! Tremendous pulls for you image

Opening my packs now will be TOTALLY senseless!!

Never thought I'd be happy about slow shipping.

Thanks for the heads up image
  • Options
    Congrats on the Payton and the Gretzky pulls.

With every Gretzky pulled it gets easier and easier not to rip the pack I'm saving. LOL.

• Options
    baseballfanbaseballfan Posts: 5,452 ✭✭✭
    great cards guys!!! keep them coming
    Fred

collecting RAW Topps baseball cards 1952 Highs to 1972. looking for collector grade (somewhere between psa 4-7 condition). let me know what you have, I'll take it, I want to finish sets, I must have something you can use for trade.

looking for Topps 71-72 hi's-62-53-54-55-59, I have these sets started

• Options
    Fergie you really hit it BIG!

Congrats!
  • Options
    EchoCanyonEchoCanyon Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭
    My 1980 baseball rip has sparked an interested in putting together a raw set.

For those of you who ripped 1980, and don't want your commons, I'd be happy to trade.