Home Precious Metals
Options

Can you help me identify this old pour bar?

MeltdownMeltdown Posts: 8,667 ✭✭✭✭✭
I just picked this up yesterday. It's stamped C.M.P. INC.
and with LOT 2-19-21 (Any chance that could be the date poured as well as the lot #?)
Also it says 999 FINE & 9.8 T.O.

Comments

• Options
    gecko109gecko109 Posts: 8,231
    I'd be very wary of calling that an "old poured" bar! It may have been made in the 60's, or it may have been made last week. Although I am not familiar with the stamping of your bar, it is a very sloppy job, and could have been made in someone's basement recently.image
  • Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I'd be very wary of calling that an "old poured" bar! It may have been made in the 60's, or it may have been made last week. Although I am not familiar with the stamping of your bar, it is a very sloppy job, and could have been made in someone's basement recently.image >>

I agree with the above... very unprofessional looking job ... and how do you know it's made out of silver?
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Options
    MeltdownMeltdown Posts: 8,667 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good questions... I guess that's why I was hoping someone would recognize the C.M.P. stamp.
    I'd like to be optimistic that it's authentic.

Edited to add:
    I found this with a quick google search after someone else mentioned CMP was a supplier for dental metals.

<< <i>CMP Industries, LLC., located in Albany, New York, is a major manufacturer of dental laboratory materials and equipment. CMP specializes in partial denture products but also produces some important crown & bridge products such as base metal alloy >>

• Options
    CaptHenwayCaptHenway Posts: 31,550 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks like one of the 1980 silver boom basement jobs.
    Numismatist. 50 year member ANA. Winner of four ANA Heath Literary Awards; three Wayte and Olga Raymond Literary Awards; Numismatist of the Year Award 2009, and Lifetime Achievement Award 2020. Winner numerous NLG Literary Awards.
  • Options
    rgCoinGuyrgCoinGuy Posts: 7,478
    C.M.P Inc.

and

CMP, INDUSTRIES LLC

Are probably not the same company. LLC = Limited Liability Company : Inc. = Corporation.
    imageQuid pro quo. Yes or no?
  • Options
    mkman123mkman123 Posts: 6,849 ✭✭✭✭
    never seen this bar and I have lots of pictures of many old pours, thanks for sharing. What are you going to be doing with it?
    Successful Buying and Selling transactions with:

Many members on this forum that now it cannot fit in my signature. Please ask for entire list.