Home Precious Metals
Options

is gold nuggets good invest?

just bought over 30 grams.for under $120 whats my profit look like for the near future?

Comments

• Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>just bought over 30 grams.for under $120 whats my profit look like for the near future? >>

Suggest you read a fairly recent thread on the same subject..

Forum thread.
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Options
    WeissWeiss Posts: 9,935 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've never heard of anyone who hunted, panned, or dredged for gold who didn't know its value down to the grain. If you bought roughly an ounce of gold nuggets for $120, I would question if it was real.
    We are like children who look at print and see a serpent in the last letter but one, and a sword in the last.
    --Severian the Lame
  • Options
    gecko109gecko109 Posts: 8,231
  • Options
  • Options
    manhattan. diamond district family liquidation close family friends.any other ?,s
  • Options
  • Options
    ttownttown Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    Gold nugets must be assayed for purity. Gold content in a nuget isn't a given and never was.
  • Options
    CladiatorCladiator Posts: 17,921 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I see all those thousands of auctions for "real gold nuggets" on eBay and I always have an image in my head of some schmuck with a can of gold spray paint and a handful of rocks from his back yard. I wouldn't touch raw nuggets with a 10 foot pole. image
  • Options
    carscars Posts: 1,904
    Looks to me like you bought them on eBay

I know, I know, Why do you both with us people.
    Its all relative
  • Options
    rgCoinGuyrgCoinGuy Posts: 7,478
    imageQuid pro quo. Yes or no?
  • Options
    well i knew over a year ago this family was going to move back to isreal.so pop,s who is now in his 70,s and has known me since i was a kid which is over 30 yrs ago.called me and ask if i would like to look at his inventory before other dealers came knocking. i jumped at the offer and not only did i pickup the nugg,s i took silver rounds,ignots,norman rockwell collections,morgans,trade dollars,proofsets,and a few st.gauds. close to 3 lbs of scrap gold.and a handfull of old paper money that i haven,t even looked at yet.i had to beg the old man to take $600 for everything even though i offered more.so back to my ? the nuggets is the only item im not familliar with.
  • Options

<< <i>the nuggets is the only item im not familliar with. >>

Then why are you buying them on eBay? image
  • Options
    $600 for 3 pounds of gold?
    Its all relative
  • Options
    mkman123mkman123 Posts: 6,849 ✭✭✭✭
    are you smoking something mrguby? Some of the stuff your saying is almost unbelievable or if real your good at ripping people off
    Successful Buying and Selling transactions with:

Many members on this forum that now it cannot fit in my signature. Please ask for entire list.
  • Options
    His PM to me:
    "only to add to what i allready have.this way i can unload it all at once.good idea dont you think."
    Its all relative
  • Options

<< <i>His PM to me:
    "only to add to what i allready have.this way i can unload it all at once.good idea dont you think." >>

Really? That's odd because this was his PM to me:

"i was told it was a good investment.my goal was to buy 5 oz.to trade for sports mem.i found a connection in manhattan who would rather have gold than his 3 mickey mantle,s"

• Options
  • Options

<< <i>He just wants people to like him....is that so wrong?image >>

The more you want it the less likely it is to happen.