Home Precious Metals
Options

? on .999 silver kit kats..SOLD

i have listed 10oz of .999 silver kit kat style ignots. what is a good selling price on this item. this can be found under mrgumby66 on the bay thnx.

Comments

• Options
    Coll3ctorColl3ctor Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭
    I don't see them ......???
  • Options
    The 2 smaller ones appear to be homemade bars, and I dont see a weight or metal stamped on them. They just read "999". But 999 what exactly???
  • Options
    Coll3ctorColl3ctor Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭
    Now I see it image

"note to bidders!!if this item does not bring acceptable price it will be taken down.i will post when bid is reasonable"

After reading that I don't think I would even place a bid.
  • Options
    SmittysSmittys Posts: 9,876 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

"note to bidders!!if this item does not bring acceptable price it will be taken down.i will post when bid is reasonable"

After reading that I don't think I would even place a bid. >>

• Options
    adamlaneusadamlaneus Posts: 6,969 ✭✭✭
    Sounds like a violation of eBay terms:

"Sellers are not permitted to cancel bids and end listings early in order to avoid selling an item that did not meet the desired sale price. This is considered to be reserve fee circumvention. Although there are legitimate reasons for ending a listing early, abuse of this option will be investigated."
  • Options
    mkman123mkman123 Posts: 6,849 ✭✭✭✭
    looks neat but what is the weight of each of them anyways???

Not too worried about it saying 999 silver as there are many old bars that don't list that also.
    Successful Buying and Selling transactions with:

Many members on this forum that now it cannot fit in my signature. Please ask for entire list.
  • Options

<< <i>"note to bidders!!if this item does not bring acceptable price it will be taken down.i will post when bid is reasonable" >>

image Are you serious?
  • Options
    The 5 oz bar you have normally sells around $100. You might get $50 for the other two if you're lucky.
    Its all relative
  • Options
    CladiatorCladiator Posts: 17,920 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If a bar doesn't say the purity (999, 99.99, .995) AND the metal type (silver, lead, copper, gold) I don't buy it, period.
  • Options
    But a lot of eBayers will lol
    Its all relative
  • Options
    CladiatorCladiator Posts: 17,920 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>But a lot of eBayers will lol >>

No argument there.
  • Options
    why do i bother with the folks on this forum?
  • Options
    adamlaneusadamlaneus Posts: 6,969 ✭✭✭
    A real answer:

$136.80 seems a fair price. Based on today's close.

There are obviously some concerns about authenticity when viewing a style of silver bar one has never seen before. This probably scares some potential silver buyers away.

On the other hand, there may be folks who collect odd unique bars.

I could not begin to give you an accurate estimate on the premium associated with these bars, thus it is safest to assume a 'melt' price.

The problem with canceling auctions early is the sniping factor. Folks snipe to avoid shills and otherwise causing excitement and driving up prices. Unfortunately, you won't know what the actual sales price would have been if you cancel, as a sniper tends to place a bid very, very late; seconds before the close.

You know that you have to cancel an auction 12 hours prior to it's ending, right? Otherwise you cannot cancel the listing.

• Options

<< <i>why do i bother with the folks on this forum? >>

Don't like what you hear? What do you expect from generic bars?
    Its all relative
  • Options
    crown is generic?
  • Options

<< <i>crown is generic? >>

No, but the other HALF of what you are selling IS!!! You have been told numerous times by numerous people that those smaller bars could be anything. They could be .999 lead for all you know! You asked a question, and have gotten answers from at least 2 of the sharpest silver bugs in this forum when it comes to oddball stuff, and thats myself and Cars. You choose not to listen though for some reason.
  • Options
    yeah and maybe their platinum....lol
  • Options
    here,s a better one for ya. i got them for free.............home run!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    $141.00 a bit low.
  • Options

<< <i>$141.00 a bit low. >>

Actually, for what you were selling, thats about right.