Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Group Submission - the countdown has begun...

I contacted Joe today about the possibility of setting up another group bulk submission. He has agreed to allow another bulk submission at the same cost and with the same parameters in place. Here are the parameters as Bill explained them from the first group sub:

<< <i>Only requirements are that cards have to be valued at $100 or less and they must fit into a regular sized PSA holder. By regular sized holders I am speaking of dimensions of entire slab. In other words, no T3's or 1984 Donruss Action All Stars or similar. All sports, non-sports and years are allowed. >>

I'm willing to organize this rip so Bill can take a breather and rip more cards to submit. If you're interested, please respond here or send me a PM. Let's shoot for 500 cards this time!

Craig

***UPDATE***

PARTICIPANTS WHOSE CARDS I HAVE RECEIVED SO FAR:
123Slider - 30 cards
1989FleerBillRipkenCollector - 3 cards
Ahmanfan - 24 cards
Beck6 - 6 cards
BigRedMachine - 45 cards
Bosox1976 - 71 cards
brianwintersfan - 23 cards
bsidegrve - 20 cards
cefy1 - 34 cards
CrimsonTider - 19 cards
Darin - 25 cards
DavidPuddy - 15 cards
Dboneesq - 29 cards
digdug - 37 cards
EagleEyeKid - 75 cards
Elemenopeo - 31 cards
firstbase23 - 20 cards
goye - 20 cards
gumbyfan - 37 cards
initialD - 72 cards
jswieton - 30 cards
lawnmowerman - 8 cards
leathtech - 8 cards
Littletweed - 98 cards
lsutigers1973 - 52 cards
mdkuom - 27 cards
mealeworm - 65 cards
Mickey71 - 46 cards
miconelegacy - 60 cards
mknez - 20 cards
mrmint23 - 18 cards
OAKESY25 - 54 cards
pandrews - 15 cards
Piman58 - 12 cards
PowderedH2O - 16 cards
rajah424 - 14 cards
rbdjr1 - 66 cards
ROCKDJRW - 15 cards
rube26105 - 30 cards
skilow - 20 cards
Sportsamerica - 20 cards
Statman - 25 cards
swartz1 - 15 cards
Tedw9 - 6 cards
thedutymon - 22 cards
viking7 - 60 cards
VitoCo1972 - 5 cards

I'll keep a running tally of participants as the cards roll in. As of this moment, I've received 1,463 cards!

Once everything is here, I will be posting a list of all of the cards and the order in which they'll be on the submission.

Thanks to everyone who is participating!

Comments

• Options
    digicatdigicat Posts: 8,551 ✭✭
    I'm in for at least 5-10 cards. I don't know what I want to sub yet, so I'll let you know.
    My Giants collection want list

WTB: 2001 Leaf Rookies & Stars Longevity: Ryan Jensen #/25
  • Options
    thanks Criag - I'll also be in for 5-10.
  • Options
    corvette1340corvette1340 Posts: 3,384 ✭✭✭
    I will probably sub 50 or so vintage cards.
  • Options
    ROCKDJRWROCKDJRW Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭
    I would also be in for 7-10 cards.
    Collect Ozzie Guillen Cards
    Unique Chicago Cards
    Wrestling Cards
  • Options
    DarinDarin Posts: 6,327 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would like to sub 25 cards.

What would be the price per card?
  • Options
    mccardguy1mccardguy1 Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭
    depending on the total cost per card I would be in for at least 5
    I am on a budget and I am not afraid to use it!!
  • Options
    I would like to be part of this submission as well. I am new to the forum but have been reading threads for awhile. I just joined in January. Have sent in 5 subs so far 4 pending. Can I be included in this group sub?? What is the cost and process for me sending the cards in??

Thanks a lot and look forward to many more chats and discussions.
    Miconelegacy Auctions
    "Live everyday, don't throw it away"
  • Options
    ndleondleo Posts: 4,078 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm in for at least 5.

Does this include re-cases?
    Mike
  • Options
    julen23julen23 Posts: 4,558 ✭✭
    i have a few subs I'd like to submit too

what was the cost/cardboard?

J
    RIP GURU
  • Options
    I'm in for somewhere between 100-150 cards.
  • Options
    stownstown Posts: 11,321 ✭✭✭
    PM sent
    So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts
  • Options
    PM Sent

Neil
    Actually Collect Non Sport, but am just so full of myself I post all over the place !!!!!!!
  • Options
    PROMETHIUS88PROMETHIUS88 Posts: 2,826 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I want back in again after the sweet results from the last sub!

Tim
    Promethius881969@yahoo.com
  • Options
    jlzinckjlzinck Posts: 907 ✭✭
    Seeing as I have never submitted to PSA I would be if for 5 to 10 cards!!
  • Options
    LittletweedLittletweed Posts: 623 ✭✭✭
    I've got about 100 or so that I was planning on sending in soon. What's the $$ per card?
    Matt

• Options
    First of all, I just realized that I didn't mention the grading fees in my OP. image Sorry about that... Joe has agreed to let us do this for $5/card again! THANKS JOE!

I've had a few PM's regarding price per card, and specifically, the shipping/insurance cost per card, so I will address that here. Bill's idea to charge $1/card for shipping & insurance made sense at first, but I think there's a better way to do it. For example, at $1/card, the following scenarios could happen:

Someone who submits 50 $5 cards would pay $50 for shipping/insurance
    Someone who submits 5 $100 cards would pay $5 for shipping/insurance

The person submitting 5 cards needs double the insurance, but pays 10% of what the guy who submitted 50 cards would pay.

I am running the numbers and am in the process of putting together a matrix, of sorts, to determine the actual cost per card based on the number of cards submitted and the total value of each person's cards.

I will account for every penny and will be sure to refund any overages.

I should have the matrix posted here this evening once I've finished running the numbers. If anyone has any suggestions in the mean time, please feel free to let me know.
  • Options
    AhmanfanAhmanfan Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭✭
    this is about to get ridiculous.

I have some cards, some 61/2 fleer basketball that I like very very much.

Gumbyfan have you dealt with a lot of board members on here?
    John
    Collecting
    HOF SIGNED FOOTBALL RCS
  • Options
    nam812nam812 Posts: 10,539 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>........I am running the numbers and am in the process of putting together a matrix, of sorts, to determine the actual cost per card based on the number of cards submitted and the total value of each person's cards. >>

Nerd.
  • Options

<< <i>Gumbyfan have you dealt with a lot of board members on here?
    John >>

Hi John,

I've dealt with a few and am confident that anyone I've dealt with would give me the thumbs up. I plan to be 100% transparent in all of my dealings on this - as I was when the erinstubby donation fell apart.

Thanks,
    Craig
  • Options
    rbdjr1rbdjr1 Posts: 4,474 ✭✭

I have a suggestion. I would ask Joe Orlando how many cards would it take in a group submission:

To realize a price of:

( _______________________ ) @ $ 4.00

( _______________________ ) @ $ 3.00

IMO, I'd ask.

rd

P.S. I'm confident if we had enough volume in a group sub, Joe would reduce the price accordingly. Just my 2 cents!
  • Options
    jswietonjswieton Posts: 2,870 ✭✭✭
    I am in for 10-15 cards
  • Options

<< <i>I have a suggestion. I would ask Joe Orlando how many cards would it take in a group submission:

To realize a price of:

IMO, I'd ask.

rd

P.S. I'm confident if we had enough volume in a group sub, Joe would reduce the price accordingly. Just my 2 cents! >>

My understanding is that 500 cards does not qualify for $4 or $3/card rates. I believe there has to be a committment of more than 500 cards per month to qualify for those lower rates. I could be wrong, but considering the discount already received, I don't want to look a gift horse in the mouth.

• Options
    um forgive me board members but how does a group subission work and if its a good deal can i participate?...hehe
  • Options

<< <i>um forgive me board members but how does a group subission work and if its a good deal can i participate?...hehe >>

I'll post more details this evening. I believe (hope) it should answer everyone's questions.

I should get back to work. image
  • Options

<< <i>Gumbyfan have you dealt with a lot of board members on here? >>

I will say that I have had numerous transactions with Craig and every one of them went perfectly. He and I have also exchanged freebies on quite a few occassions. In other words, I have no reason to ever question his integrity.

On a similar note, about 25 coplete strangers trusted me with some valuable cards and money. As far as I'm concerned, the whole process was pretty much flawless.
  • Options
    MBMiller25MBMiller25 Posts: 6,057 ✭✭
    Im in for 25-50 cards if (Bill) will proof my cards first to make sure I get PSA 9 and PSA 10 Paul O'Neill cards back! I can't grade for crap image
  • Options
    CrimsonTiderCrimsonTider Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭
    Anyone sending in cards on this sub has to add to two free Jim Gantner cards to Gumby. Thats his mancrush. I'm in, hoping for some more worthless commons that grade out as gems. Of course I'm not calling Gantners worthless commons, and I have none to send you at this point in time, you've already gotten mine
    collecting Dale Murphy and OPC
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Gumbyfan have you dealt with a lot of board members on here? >>

I will say that I have had numerous transactions with Craig and every one of them went perfectly. He and I have also exchanged freebies on quite a few occassions. In other words, I have no reason to ever question his integrity.

On a similar note, about 25 coplete strangers trusted me with some valuable cards and money. As far as I'm concerned, the whole process was pretty much flawless. >>

I agree with everything Bill said and vouch for Craig!!!

The only clarification I wish to note is in Bill's reference to the complete Strangers portion of his answer that if you have ever talked to Bill and heard his Naw Awleans drawl, the Stranger part is his not ours!!!! image

Neil
    Actually Collect Non Sport, but am just so full of myself I post all over the place !!!!!!!
  • Options
    transparent

Great word.

Haven't really heard that term mentioned much lately.
    There's a hole in my head where the rain comes in.
  • Options
    rbdjr1rbdjr1 Posts: 4,474 ✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>I have a suggestion. I would ask Joe Orlando how many cards would it take in a group submission:

To realize a price of:

IMO, I'd ask.

rd

P.S. I'm confident if we had enough volume in a group sub, Joe would reduce the price accordingly. Just my 2 cents! >>

My understanding is that 500 cards does not qualify for $4 or $3/card rates. I believe there has to be a commitment of more than 500 cards per month to qualify for those lower rates. I could be wrong, but considering the discount already received, I don't want to look a gift horse in the mouth.

image >>

I think if you would ask Joe to consider $4.00 per card for these "CU board member group rips" I'm sure there would be continued interest in "ongoing group rips". I just feel, while $5 sounds like a fair deal,

...5 to 10 "group CU rips" per year is not only quite possible, but very probable! I'd be a "group rip" participant quite often if we had a continuous deal of $4 per item here. I'm confident others here would love to participate at 4 bucks!

Just the fact that lsutigers1973 just did a deal and you are putting together another group rip already should be "proof in the pudding" that we could do these "group rips" on a steady, continuous basis.

AND $4 A RAP IS NOT TOO MUCH TO ASK!

I'm sure some here close to Joe could ask him and could negotiate a $4 deal for us? Why not?

rd

• Options
    I'm on the hunt for another 1992 topps Mitch Webster, he needs to be a pop 2. He's getting lonely all by himself
  • Options
    When are we looking to submit these cards to PSA, i.e. when is the deadline? I just closed a deal on some raw cards for my set registry and they will be shipped soon. Depending on their condition and when they need to be subbed, I may be in for 5-10.
    WANTLIST
    1992 Topps FB Golds (72% complete)
    1997 Topps FB Minted in Canton (10% complete)
    1999 Topps FB Record Numbers Gold (80% complete)
    2001 Topps FB MVP Promotion (35% complete)
  • Options
    AhmanfanAhmanfan Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

AND $4 A RAP IS NOT TOO MUCH TO ASK!

I'm sure some here close to Joe could ask him and could negotiate a $4 deal for us? Why not?

rd >>

lets do it!
    Not it.
    John
    Collecting
    HOF SIGNED FOOTBALL RCS
  • Options

<< <i>...5 to 10 "group CU rips" per year is not only quite possible, but very probable! I'd be a "group rip" participant quite often if we had a continuous deal of $4 per item here. I'm confident others here would love to participate at 4 bucks!

Just the fact that lsutigers1973 just did a deal and you are putting together another group rip already should be "proof in the pudding" that we could do these "group rips" on a steady, continuous basis. >>

When I said "more than 500 per month" I meant a lot more than 500. And every month. Again, I'm just going by what I've been told, so take that for what it's worth. Also, our last group submission was 2 months ago and was less than 500 cards.

<< <i>AND $4 A RAP IS NOT TOO MUCH TO ASK! >>

Feel free to ask, just please don't jeopardize the deal we already have.
  • Options

<< <i>When are we looking to submit these cards to PSA, i.e. when is the deadline? I just closed a deal on some raw cards for my set registry and they will be shipped soon. Depending on their condition and when they need to be subbed, I may be in for 5-10. >>

I don't see this coming completely together until closer to March 1st or shortly thereafter. I think it took just under 3 weeks to get everything organized for the last one.
  • Options
    Tedw9Tedw9 Posts: 1,424 ✭✭
    I'm in for some again.

Thank you Craig for doing this, I appreciate it. And thank you Joe for giving us the deal and letting us submit as a group.
    Looking for Carl Willey items.
  • Options
    DoctorKDoctorK Posts: 867 ✭✭✭
    Can these be from any year (ie 1955 topps)?
  • Options
    Piman58Piman58 Posts: 814 ✭✭
    I would have 5-10 cards to add to the group submission.
    Thanks for stepping up gumbyfan.

Charles
  • Options
    I'll be in for some..
    Cory
    ----------------------
    Working on:
    Football
    1973 Topps PSA 8+ (99.81%)
    1976 Topps PSA 9+ (36.36%)
    1977 Topps PSA 9+ (100%)

Baseball
    1938 Goudey (56.25%)
    1951 Topps Redbacks PSA 8 (100%)
    1952 Bowman PSA 7+ (63.10%)
    1953 Topps PSA 5+ (91.24%)
    1973 Topps PSA 8+ (70.76%)
    1985 Fleer PSA 10 (54.85%)
  • Options
    Can I submit my signed card for PSA/DNA as well in this group sub?
    "For to me, to live is Christ and to die is gain" - Apostle Paul - Philippians 1:21
  • Options
    mccardguy1mccardguy1 Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭
    given the price of 5-7 dollars a card with shipping I am certainly in for probably 10.

I think with this group we could probably commit to 500 per month to get the lower rate but I have been wrong before. Maybe in the interest of serving the customers who support his products on the company boards Joe will volunteer the lower rate as a one time thank you to us all!!! image
    I am on a budget and I am not afraid to use it!!
  • Options
    BigRedMachineBigRedMachine Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭
    PM sent Craig.

shawn
  • Options
    I'm in for some again. Thanks, Craig.
    Collecting 1955 Topps BB
  • Options
    goraidersgoraiders Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭
    I would be interested in knocking some stabler cards off my master set.
    Good for around 10.

J.R.
    J.R.
    Needs'
    1972 Football-9's high#'s
    1965 Football-8's
    1958 Topps FB-7-8
  • Options
    ElemenopeoElemenopeo Posts: 2,577 ✭✭

I'd be good for about 30.

• Options
    I am offering my pregrade service on modern junk at $1/card unless you can overnight me a 6 pack of Bud Light.

Craig, if you are not going to sub the couple cards I sent you today, let me know and I will sub them out of curiosity.
  • Options
    Do you need me to PayPal; funds to you for a Six Pack??imageimage
  • Options
    DavidPuddyDavidPuddy Posts: 3,483 ✭✭✭
    I'll be in for a few.. Thanks Gumby.

It's cool if I pay you in Arby's Gift Certs. right?
    "The Sipe market is ridiculous right now"
    CDsNuts, 1/9/15
  • Options
    ElemenopeoElemenopeo Posts: 2,577 ✭✭

<< <i>It's cool if I pay you in Arby's Gift Certs. right? >>

How 'bout Full Tilt funds?

• Options
    I'll be submitting payment in the form of Jim Gantner cards