Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Jswieton's wax rip

Comments

• Options
    TheThrill22TheThrill22 Posts: 976 ✭✭✭
    Here is one of the cards from our 1986 OPC break. I'm sure John will post some of his too.

• Options
    ldfergldferg Posts: 6,739 ✭✭✭
    great looking brett. wow!

Thanks,

David (LD_Ferg)

1985 Topps Football (starting in psa 8) - #9 - started 05/21/06
  • Options
    jswietonjswieton Posts: 2,870 ✭✭✭
    These are from the first two boxes I opened. I don't think I have anything PSA 10 worthy. That Brett is awsome. I am sure a PSA 10 in the George Brett will bring in some serious money.
  • Options
    BassPro77BassPro77 Posts: 1,152
    no ryans?

i busted 6 boxes about a month or so ago and this is what garbage i got.

there tough with the 86's
    Bill
    looking for PELLE LINDBERGH's psa and 1960 fleer baseball psa 8 and up
    sets in progress
    R.I.P. Barstow 24 April 1999 - May 15 2009
  • Options
    BassPro77BassPro77 Posts: 1,152
    good luck with the rest
    Bill
    sets in progress
  • Options
    I busted 6 boxes of 86 OPC a few months ago and subbed the 4 best looking HOF'ers I could find. All 4 came back as 9's. image
  • Options

<< <i>I busted 6 boxes of 86 OPC a few months ago and subbed the 4 best looking HOF'ers I could find. All 4 came back as 9's. image >>

Whats the deal with that. Why would they grade those any different than the Topps 86.
  • Options
    TheThrill22 (Tom ) hooked me up with 2 boxes of 92 OPC. This was from the second box. I needed this card for my graded rookie collection. Thank you very much. This card has a good shot at a PSA 10. If you have anymore I would be interested in trading or buying another box of these from you.
  • Options
    Some more scans from the OPC rip:

• Options
    A few more. I'm not very good at scanning.

• Options

• Options
    I just got these in the mail today that I bought from Mphilking . I am on a mission to find a Gem Mint Cade Mcknown for my collection image. I am actually looking for a gem of Kurt Warner and McNabb. They are pretty hard to pull because of the cello they are wrapped in. You have to get lucky and hope they are located near the middle of the packs.
  • Options
    good luck.

oh, thanks for the manson
    Bill
    sets in progress
  • Options
    I opened a box of the Score Sup. and a box of 88 Fleer BB. The Edgar Martinez has a good shot at a 10. I doubt any of the Score would get better then a 9. Those darn Cellos just crush the corners. There are probably only 10 cars out of the set that don't have corner damage. I guess you just have to get lucky. I do have 2 more boxes so hopefully I can hit a 10 Warner and McNabb on my next box becuase I would like to keep one for my unopened collection. The Favre die cut is numbered 557/1000. For $6.00 a box the Scores offer a lot of bang for the $. It has a pretty nice rookie class.
  • Options
    elsnortoelsnorto Posts: 2,013
    Good luck on the Score Supplementals... the 2 bonus packs can contain some nice Inscriptions autos (i.e. Johnny Unitas, Jim Brown, Bart Starr) and were seeded 1:3 boxes. Let me know if you pull any autos as I still need Levens & Harrison to finish my set.

Snorto~

P.S. The Ricky Williams auto was a short print and goes for decent money. The Kurt Warner is one of his few rookie sigs and should pay for all the boxes if you pull that one.
  • Options

<< <i>Good luck on the Score Supplementals... the 2 bonus packs can contain some nice Inscriptions autos (i.e. Johnny Unitas, Jim Brown, Bart Starr) and were seeded 1:3 boxes. Let me know if you pull any autos as I still need Levens & Harrison to finish my set.

Snorto~

P.S. The Ricky Williams auto was a short print and goes for decent money. The Kurt Warner is one of his few rookie sigs and should pay for all the boxes if you pull that one. >>

I pulled this from the first box I opened of Score. I sent it in last week and I doubt I will be getting anyting in return image
  • Options
    Just opened another box of 86 opc, no ryan.
  • Options
    AhmanfanAhmanfan Posts: 4,363 ✭✭✭✭
    the dual jersey card is worth a few bucks. It might book for $40 or $50 is a guess. Might sell for $10 or $15. Would have been killer in 2000.
    John
    Collecting
    HOF SIGNED FOOTBALL RCS
  • Options
    I will be picking up a fairly sizeable amount of junk wax from Steve at BBCE that I won from his eBay site.

- (8 sets) 1989/90 Topps Hockey Complete Sets NM-MT to MINT

- (10 sets) 1987 Fleer Minatures Baseball Factory Sets

-(2 boxes) 1986 Leaf Baseball Wax Boxes

-(2) 1991 Wild Card Collegiate Football Boxes

-(2) 1992 Pinnacle Baseball Series 1 Boxes

-(2) 1992/93 Fleer Ultra Basketball Series 2 Boxes

-(2) 1992/93 Skybox Basketball Series 1 Boxes

-(2) 1992/93 Topps Basketball Series 2 Boxes

-(2) 1993/94 Topps Basketball Series 2 Boxes

-(4) 1986 Sportflics Baseball Boxes

-(4) 1987 Donruss Baseball All Star Pop Ups Boxes

(4) 1988 Topps Big Baseball Series 1 Boxes

(4) 1989 Bowman Baseball Wax Boxes

(4) 1989/90 Hoops Basketball Series 2 Boxes

(4) 1990/91 Bowman Hockey Boxes

(4) 1990/91 Pro Set Hockey Series 2 Boxes

(4) 1991 Pacific Football Boxes

(4) 1991/92 Fleer Basketball Series 1 Boxes

(4) 1991/92 Front Row Basketball Draft Picks Boxes

(4) 1992 Pro Set Golf PGA Tour Cards Boxes

(6) 1987 Topps Baseball Vending Boxes
  • Options
    I just made a fairly sizeable purchase of junk wax from Steve for my bday next week. Buying gifts for yourself are great because atleast you get what you want. This should keep me busy for some time. Yhe highlight of the rip for me is the 91 Wildcard. I am a big Favre collector and I will love a 20/50/100/1000 stripe card.

• Options
    Here is everything packed away on the one shelf I am alowed by my wife. image I hope the wire rack can hold all the weight or I'm going to be one unhappy camper.

• Options
    nightcrawlernightcrawler Posts: 5,110 ✭✭
    That's fantastic, but the wire rack looks close to buckling.

I've got serious plans for some custom built Oak Cases, but I wouldn't want my unopened stuff trapped away???

And neither should you, lol. But let me know if you're into some storage boxes with class. image
  • Options
    I picked myself up some stuff for my B-day. Half of it was from the SunTimes Show in Chicago and the other half is from BBCE. This will probably be my last purchase for a while. I have a ton to open and I have fallen behind on my scans.
  • Options
    I made a run to BBCE today and picked up a few things. I got a sick deal on a case of 90 Pro Set Golf (60 sets). I have been looking for a Arnold Palmer rc PSA 10 rc. I am un sure if I want to break the case or not. I also picked up two boxes of 05 Parkhurst hockey. I have opened three boxes so far and now Crosby or Ovechkin. I should probably just buy one if I don't pull them after these two boxes. I also picked up two packs of 82 Donruss Golf. I might send 1 in to get graded. I am still way behind on adding some scans of my rips.
  • Options
    EagleEyeKidEagleEyeKid Posts: 4,496 ✭✭
    All that just looks like way too much fun.
  • Options
    John, I though March 23rd was going to be your last purchase for a while?! You are having WAY too much fun! Good job.
  • Options

<< <i>I hope the wire rack can hold all the weight or I'm going to be one unhappy camper >>

I "had" the same shelves in my closet. Both my side and my wife's side were loaded down with cards. Both shelves fell in the same week. Fortunately, I had so many 5000 count storage boxes below the shelves, that they only fell about 2 feet. The only cards that were damaged were the ones sitting on top of the storage boxes.
  • Options

<< <i>John, I though March 23rd was going to be your last purchase for a while?! You are having WAY too much fun! Good job. >>

I have no self control. I was just at K-mart and noticed that they had a sale on Hockey blasters. I picked up a bunch of those too. I really do think I am done for a while after the group break.

• Options

<< <i>

<< <i> >>

I "had" the same shelves in my closet. Both my side and my wife's side were loaded down with cards. Both shelves fell in the same week. Fortunately, I had so many 5000 count storage boxes below the shelves, that they only fell about 2 feet. The only cards that were damaged were the ones sitting on top of the storage boxes. >>

This thought scares me alot. My wife just made me hang up some winter clothes in that closet too. I need to find a better place to hide my stash from her. I think I might cry if they fell and were damaged.
  • Options
    bman90278bman90278 Posts: 3,453 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>John, I though March 23rd was going to be your last purchase for a while?! You are having WAY too much fun! Good job. >>

I have no self control. I was just at K-mart and noticed that they had a sale on Hockey blasters. I picked up a bunch of those too. I really do think I am done for a while after the group break. >>

John, Good luck on your rips. I don't think you are done for awhile because I've seen u mention you are done for awhile for months because of the baby coming. lol

How is your wife doing? Hope all is well.

brian
  • Options
    You are a maniac John!
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

I have no self control. I was just at K-mart and noticed that they had a sale on Hockey blasters. I picked up a bunch of those too. I really do think I am done for a while after the group break. >>

John, Good luck on your rips. I don't think you are done for awhile because I've seen u mention you are done for awhile for months because of the baby coming. lol

How is your wife doing? Hope all is well.

brian >>

She is good, thank you for asking. She is due in 8 weeks but for some reason my wife feels like the baby may come a week or two early. We went for a 4D ultrasound last week and we were able to see what the baby looked like. That was cool; it was well worth the $100.
  • Options
    I have a quick question. Does anyone actually look at the junk I scan? I know I have fallen behind and I have a ton that could be scanned but if know one is looking at it then it seems pointless.
  • Options
    BunchOBullBunchOBull Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭
    I think a lot of folks like to look at rips but don't always have anything special to say about them.
    Collector of most things Frank Thomas. www.BigHurtHOF.com
  • Options

<< <i>I have a quick question. Does anyone actually look at the junk I scan? I know I have fallen behind and I have a ton that could be scanned but if know one is looking at it then it seems pointless. >>

I always do look at our members rips with scans, but I don't always comment either. I have been following your thread of rips and all of the others. Personally I think you have done a good job with this thread and I wouldn't worry about the amount of replies you have.

One thing you could do is change your thread title to,

"80’s, 90’s, 00's Live Rips, All Sports (3-31 Updated with Scans)" It doesn't have to say "junk" and it looks more appealing to all with the mention of "All Sports".

Good job!

brian

• Options
    Are you kidding? Of course I look at every one of your new purchase posts and scans...how else am I supposed to know what I am going to trade you for? Keep it up, good stuff!
  • Options
    I tend to lose interest when you show pictures of hockey boxes and cards. I don't think Greg Maddux, Cal Ripken or Dale Murphy are in any of those hockey packs.
  • Options
    mdkuommdkuom Posts: 969 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I have a quick question. Does anyone actually look at the junk I scan? I know I have fallen behind and I have a ton that could be scanned but if know one is looking at it then it seems pointless. >>

I'm always looking to see if you pull anything I might need for my Gwynn set.
  • Options
    CrimsonTiderCrimsonTider Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭
    I find myself looking at this thread often. I keep waiting for you post some pics of the cards that you bust. I'm a nerd, I like to measure them and tell you if its 51/49 or 47/53.

I'm also waiting for you to scan a D Murph that is a perfect 50/50.

One would be surprised how few cards are truely 50/50. I measured hundreds and hundreds of cards in my personal collection, and I may have 3 or 4 that actually measure perfect all around.

collecting Dale Murphy and OPC
  • Options
    Here are some scans from recent rips. Ripped a box of 89 Proset seris 2 FB, box of 92 Donruss "The Rookies", 2 boxes of Parkhurst 05 Hockey, and a box of 93 Topps Archives basketball.
  • Options
    dpucciodpuccio Posts: 117
    I am constantly looking at this thread. I can actually afford some of the stuff that you are ripping so it keeps me interested.
  • Options
    I think that Troy Aikman and Manny Ramirez both have some potential. I think I would hang onto those cards. image
  • Options
    Any Nascar fans? These rc's would actualy sell for a few bucks since there are no PSA 10's.
  • Options
    I made a quick run to BBCE after work today to pick up my group rip as well as some eBay winnings. I also made a run to the hobby shop to pick up some Penny sleeves and top loaders.
    (BBCE)
    05/06 UD Hockey box
    94 SP Basketball box
    (3) 80 baseball pack, (2) 86 FB pack, (2) 84 fb pack, (4) 81 fb pack, (5) 84 opc pack
    (Galaxy Sportscards)
    05 Bee Hive hockey box
    93 Bowman baseball box
  • Options
    Robb (Fergie) has inspired me to do a little ripping tonight. The loose packs of hockey are all 05. I am looking for the sid and ovechkin rc's.
  • Options
    I think I might cry. I have opened the parhurst and power play packs so far. I think I might cry. I pulled two rookie redemption cards out of the pow play. I don't know what they included but I am pretty sure they would have included both the crosby and ovechkin by what it reads. They both expired in 09-08 image. WTF this is why I hate ripping modern crap. MY rips are done for right now. Does anyone know what these redemptions would have included?

• Options
    gumbyfangumbyfan Posts: 5,168 ✭✭✭
    Not sure what they would have included, but I think its worth a call to UD to see if there's anything they can do. You never know...
  • Options
    From what I have read there are 4 rookie redemption cards available and "A" is the one you want to hit.
  • Options
    cwazzycwazzy Posts: 3,257
    For what it's worth UD is pretty good about honoring expired redemptions. I pulled an SP Authentic letterman patch that expired in December but they extended the deadline until December of this year. I would try to redeem it. The worst that could happen is that they say no.

Chris
    Chris
    My small collection
    Want List:
    '61 Topps Roy Campanella in PSA 5-7
    Cardinal T206 cards
    Adam Wainwright GU Jersey
  • Options
    I am pretty sure these are the redemtion cards.
    Crosby
    Ovechkin