Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Jswieton's wax rip

I wound up bidding on eBay and winning all of the items from BBCE. I actually got some pretty sick deals. I will be ripping most of it over the next couple of weeks and I will scan and post as I go. The highlight of the rip will be the 5 vending boxes of 1985 Topps baseball. The second and third group of pics are from the group that I purchased from BBCE on 3-19-09 for a bday gift to myself!

Comments

• Options
      SidePocketSidePocket Posts: 2,901 ✭✭✭
      Whatcha looking for in all that ripping?

"Molon Labe"

• Options

Oh no not a sportsflics sighting!!!!!!!!
    • Options
      CrimsonTiderCrimsonTider Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭
      I saw on the BST board where you were looking for MJ cards, well consider some on your way. I've got some that are sweet and I almost sent them in on the group sub
      collecting Dale Murphy and OPC
    • Options
      TheThrill22TheThrill22 Posts: 976 ✭✭✭
      1992 Topps baseball rocks!
    • Options
      Someone told me that the 1992 topps Mitch Williams is now available in a psa 10
    • Options
      jswietonjswieton Posts: 2,870 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I saw on the BST board where you were looking for MJ cards, well consider some on your way. I've got some that are sweet and I almost sent them in on the group sub >>

Thanks a lot!! Have you reicived the Dale's yet? I actualy found a bunch more that I sent. I think you will be pretty happy with them.
    • Options

<< <i>Whatcha looking for in all that ripping? >>

A cheap fix for my addiction. I have no self control and this will keep me busy for some time. I am actually just trying to build some sets and pull some key psa 9's and 10's from a few of them. If anyone collects any HOF'ers from any of these years just let me know any I will send you my dups.
    • Options
      Nice. Good luck with the pulls.
      Collecting PSA graded Steve Young, Marcus Allen, Bret Saberhagen and 1980s Topps Cards.
      Raw: Tony Gonzalez (low #'d cards, and especially 1/1's) and Steve Young.
    • Options
      goraidersgoraiders Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I received my bonus last week and I thought it would only be fair to treat myself a little. I wound up bidding on eBay and winning all of the items from BBCE. I actually got some pretty sick deals. I will be ripping most of it over the next couple of weeks and I will scan and post as I go. The highlight of the rip will be the 5 vending boxes of 1985 Topps baseball. Before anyone says anything, there won't be any “no number” Favre RC’s coming out of any of these boxes image. I learned my lesson last time, I'm sorry about that.

image >>

That looks like fun!Good luck,

J.R.
      J.R.
      Needs'
      1972 Football-9's high#'s
      1965 Football-8's
      1958 Topps FB-7-8
    • Options
      mknezmknez Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭
      Your table is going to be crowded. Have fun with the rip. BTW, how much was the shipping for all of those boxes?

------
      stupid print dots

• Options

<< <i>Your table is going to be crowded. Have fun with the rip. BTW, how much was the shipping for all of those boxes? >>

I did a local pickup. I live about 40 minutes from BBCE.
    • Options
      mknezmknez Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭
      That makes it even better! If I lived that close, I couldn't control myself.

------
      stupid print dots

• Options
      Is there anything worth grading out of the Pro Set series 2 hockey? I won the 4 boxes for under $7.00 for all of them. so I figured I couldn't go wrong with that.
    • Options
      fergie23fergie23 Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭✭
      Looks like fun. Good luck!
      If that is 90/91 UD hockey I am looking for minty IGOR LARIONOV (#128) and VIACHESLAV FETISOV (#176) cards.
      Thanks,

Robb
    • Options
      John, I will go ahead and call dibs on any dups of Maddux (not Mike) and Ripken (not Billy).
    • Options
      CDsNutsCDsNuts Posts: 10,092
      Good luck pulling the, uh..... um...... uh..... Good luck with the rip.
    • Options
      I know most people think this is a waste of money and it probably is but I am going to probably rip half of it and keep the other half in my unopened material collection. Here is a list of cards I am going to shoot for in mint condition. I got the boxes off of eBay for an extremely discounted amount of money that is the only reason I just didn’t buy the cards outright. Plus, cards that are pulled out of a pack are twice as nice as cards bought in my opinion. Please let me know if there are anymore key rookie cards I am missing from my list.
      89 Donruss PSA 10’s- Griffey rc, Johnson rc, Schilling rc, Ryan, Sheffield rc
      91 UD high series FB PSA 10’s- there are 3 Favre rc’s in this set
      90 Pro Set series 2- there are two Emmitt Smith rc’s, and the Santa card
      92 Topps baseball- Manny Ramirez rc
      87 Leaf- Maddux rc, Bonds, rc, McGwire rc
      93 Topps- Jeter rc
      91 Topps traded- Bagwell rc, I Rod rc, Giambi rc, Louis Gongolez rc
      89- Sportsfics- randy Johnson rc
      90 Sportsflics- Sosa rc, Ryan, Low Pop hof’ers
      85 Topps- Clemens rc, McGwire rc, Pucket rc, ryan, Hof’ers
      89 North Carolina- I believe there are 6 different Jordan’s
      87 Donruss Pop ups- ?? not sure I got it because It was $7.50 for 4 boxes
      91 Hockey- Jagr rc, Belfour rc, Bure rc, Federov
      87 Sportsflics- Bonds rc, McGwire rc, Bo Jackson rc, low pop Hof’ers
      86 Leaf- McGriff rc, Galaragga rc, ryan, Hof’ers
    • Options
      1987 Leaf - Don't forget about Wade Boggs. Still no 10's and 2 player collectors on registry with deep pockets.
    • Options
      jeffcbayjeffcbay Posts: 8,948 ✭✭✭✭
      F-U-N!!!! You should save all the wrappers, and when you're done, dump them in the middle of the floor and roll around in them!

...is that too weird? lol
    • Options

<< <i>1987 Leaf - Don't forget about Wade Boggs. Still no 10's and 2 player collectors on registry with deep pockets. >>

oh ya, I forgot to mention Boggs.
    • Options
      So far I have opened a vending box of 85, a box of 87 sportsflics, a box of 89 N.C., a box of 90 Pro Set, and a box of 91 UD fb. The corners were in great shape out of the vending box. The centering was hit or miss and there were no dups out of it. So you really only have 1 shot to pull the stars out of each box. I was kind of disapointed not pulling a McGwire or Kirby.
      The Emmitt and the Santa have shots at a psa 10

The Favre rookie force has a shot at a 10. The Star rookie has a mashed top right corner.
    • Options
      1980scollector1980scollector Posts: 2,036 ✭✭✭
      I will take one lot of this one.

Thanks in advance
      ** Working on the following sets-2013 Spectra Football Hall of Fame 50th Anniversary Autograph set, 2015 Spectra Football Illustrious Legends Autograph set, 2014-15 Hall of Fame Heroes autograph set. **
    • Options
      opened a box of 92 and 93 Topps baseball. The Manny has a shot at a 10 and the Jeters will probably be a 9 just because the centering is off a hair.
    • Options
      Opened a box of the 91 traded and a 90 Sportsflic.
    • Options
      OAKESY25OAKESY25 Posts: 4,726 ✭✭✭
      christ, look at the giambino.. looks like he's got the HIV
    • Options
      wow look how small Giambi was!
    • Options
      Why does my scanner suck so much? I have tried messing around with the DPI and that doesn't seem to help.
    • Options
      rube26105rube26105 Posts: 10,225 ✭✭
      sweet, been ho'ing up jeter gold, mas rams, and chipers rookies myselfimage
    • Options
      the kirby gold looks like it could be 50/50 centered. Are you planning on subbing any?
    • Options
      I just pulled this from a vending case. Is there anyway I could get a psa 9 with it. It looks perfect besides the bottom left hand corner is very slightly touched. the rest of the card apears flawless. I'm sorrty about the scan it is the best my scanner can do.
    • Options
      lawnmowermanlawnmowerman Posts: 19,477 ✭✭✭✭
      The Pro Set Emmitt looks great! That is by far my favorite rc of his.

If it's not a 10, (judging by the front) I will be shocked
    • Options

<< <i>the kirby gold looks like it could be 50/50 centered. Are you planning on subbing any? >>

4sure, I am going to be pretty selective. Only cards that have a good shot at a 9 or 10 that are hof'ers and some rc's.
    • Options
      I opened another 5 vending box, 90 pro set, 89 donruss cello, and 89 Sports flic. One of the 89 Griffey's and the Sheffield have good shots at a 10. The centering is killing me on the 85 topps.
    • Options

<< <i>Opened a box of the 91 traded and a 90 Sportsflic.
      image >>

hey look at the pre juice collection
    • Options
      EstilEstil Posts: 6,923 ✭✭✭✭
      Hey why didn't you get the wax boxes of KENTUCKY trading cards? North Carolina...boo... image
      WISHLIST
      Dimes: 54S, 53P, 50P, 49S, 45D+S, 44S, 43D, 41S, 40D+S, 39D+S, 38D+S, 37D+S, 36S, 35D+S, all 16-34's
      Quarters: 52S, 47S, 46S, 40S, 39S, 38S, 37D+S, 36D+S, 35D, 34D, 32D+S
      74 Topps: 37,38,46,47,48,138,151,193,210,214,223,241,256,264,268,277,289,316,435,552,570,577,592,602,610,654,655
      1997 Finest silver: 115, 135, 139, 145, 310
      1995 Ultra Gold Medallion Sets: Golden Prospects, HR Kings, On-Base Leaders, Power Plus, RBI Kings, Rising Stars
    • Options
      I think I fixed my scanner!! I opened the second box of 91 UD fb, 89 donruss, and first box of 86 Leaf.
    • Options
      wow!

look how young Brett looks.
      Bill
      looking for PELLE LINDBERGH's psa and 1960 fleer baseball psa 8 and up
      sets in progress
      R.I.P. Barstow 24 April 1999 - May 15 2009
    • Options
      ajwajw Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭
      This is a great thread. Thanks for sharing!

I sent you a PM with a fairly random question. I'll post it here, if you want. Otherwise, just check your PM box.

Keep the scans coming!
    • Options
      I picked these up at the card shop today when I was buying some supplies. I am shooting for a Brady rc. I am pretty sure there is only 1 series for each of these years. I will start ripping them in 5 minutes and scan when I am done with each brand.
    • Options
      No brady.
    • Options
      No Brady on the Omega either. The Thomas Jones rc is numbered 173-500.
    • Options
      That was a little depressing.
    • Options
      I picked up a few boxes from BBCE when we did the group rip to add to my Jordan collection. I also bought a box of 87 Topps from Bill when he returned the group sub from PSA. Not that anyone cares but I will add some scans sometime this weekend. I still have over half of the boxes to open from the initial rip.
    • Options
      I ripped both boxes of hoops. I deffinetly found the Jordans I was looking for.
    • Options
      Are you subbing any of those Jordan's?
    • Options
      Ya, 1 of each for my collection. Do you need one?
    • Options
      VitoCo1972VitoCo1972 Posts: 6,127 ✭✭✭
      No submit-able Robinson rookies??
    • Options

<< <i>No submit-able Robinson rookies?? >>

No, they were both OC. I did pull the 1 card I was hopeing for. The Fleer Focus has a good shot at a 10.
    • Options
      Do you have a set in the Jordan Player registry?
    • Options

<< <i>Do you have a set in the Jordan Player registry? >>

No I have only about 10 graded Jordan cards. I would like to start one.