Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Jswieton's wax rip

Comments

• Options
    if you do decide to start a Jordan registry set,

good luck.

Jordan still have a restaurant down there?
    Bill
    looking for PELLE LINDBERGH's psa and 1960 fleer baseball psa 8 and up
    sets in progress
    R.I.P. Barstow 24 April 1999 - May 15 2009
  • Options
    gonzergonzer Posts: 2,993 ✭✭✭✭✭
    A Rose, Gooden and a Clemens in one pull? A gambler, a cokehead and a steroid user, that's one for the books!
  • Options

<< <i>A Rose, Gooden and a Clemens in one pull? A gambler, a cokehead and a steroid user, that's one for the books! >>

that was a good one
    Bill
    looking for PELLE LINDBERGH's psa and 1960 fleer baseball psa 8 and up
    sets in progress
    R.I.P. Barstow 24 April 1999 - May 15 2009
  • Options
    TNP777TNP777 Posts: 5,711 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Opened a box of the 91 traded and a 90 Sportsflic.
    image >>

PM sent regarding the '91 traded box.
  • Options
    jswietonjswieton Posts: 2,870 ✭✭✭
    Opened some Sportslic and the 87 Leaf. I have also completed my sets of 86 and 87 leaf.
  • Options
    CrimsonTiderCrimsonTider Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭
    Will any of those be in the group sub?
    collecting Dale Murphy and OPC
  • Options

<< <i>Will any of those be in the group sub?[/q

Ya, I am subing all the Maddux's. I am on a mission to get a 10. I have subed 10 of those things over the last year and only got 2 9's. I really think I have a shot at a 10 with one of them. I am also subing the BO, Sammy, and 1 Johnson. Here are some 87's and some hockey. The Ryan should be a 10 4sure. I am however not subing any of these do to $.
  • Options
    I got some more junk wax in the mail today. Some from BBCE and some from a board member. This will probably be my last purchase for the next month or two. I am also getting burned out from opening so much wax.
  • Options
    alnavmanalnavman Posts: 4,129 ✭✭✭
    cards that are pulled out of a pack are twice as nice as cards bought in my opinion.........couldn't have said it better myself....and this is why I often venture into unopened "junk to some, treasure to others" purchases....

al.
  • Options
    I picked up the 89 Topps traded to add a sanders and Aikman to my graded set. I also bought the 91 Ultra update and the Action packed for the Favre rc's for my set. Now that I have them in front of me I am not sure if I want to open them or not. What happens if they are damaged or OC. I am now out the $17 I just paid. image. In all seriousness I am not sure if I want to open them or not.
  • Options
    I busted the 89 Topps. They were great looking cards. I will sending these two in on the group sub 4sure.
  • Options
    I subbed a 89 pro set b sanders rookie on the last group sub and got a 10 on it. The miracle is that the card was from my childhood collection, I actually busted it open in 89 and kept it in gem condition for almost 20 years
  • Options
    I have opened a bunch of boxes of 86 Topps over the past couple of months. The pack with the ryan actually came out of a box from the 86 group rip.
  • Options
    This is what I've got left to rip. As you can see, the hockey hasn't excited me that much and the 85 I am rationing for a rainy day.

I am forced to store it in the spare bedroom closet because my wife would have a complete nervous breakdown if she saw them image. She is now 6 months prego and is extremely hormonal. She says she has baseball cards coming out of her #$@. I try to keep them contained to one of the spare bedrooms but they sometimes find their way to our kitchen counter and dining room table.
  • Options
    I feel your plight, my daughter is almost three months old. The spare bedroom turned into the nursery and the wife said no baseball cards. I had to use under the bed storage bins and a hall closet for my cards.
  • Options
    I just busted a box of 88 Score. I was shooting for a Glavine and a ryan psa 10 to add to my collection. I ended up with this and i'm not sure what to do. The odds are that being the bottom card they will have some sort of corner damage. I may just put them with my unopened pack collection. I am not sure if I should be disapointed or happy with this one. I wasn't expecting this. I'm sorry that the scan is hard to see.
  • Options
    digdugdigdug Posts: 216 ✭✭
    me too. 4 month old son took over my room. my stuff gets the basement now
  • Options

<< <i>me too. 4 month old son took over my room. my stuff gets the basement now >>

Congrats to the baby!! Your wife wouldn't let you store your cards under the crib? image
  • Options
    lanemyer85lanemyer85 Posts: 1,317 ✭✭✭
    "Jordan still have a restaurant down there?"

no Jordan's restaurant went under years ago. Harry Caray's Steakhouse is wildly popular and annually wins awards and critical praise...and Mike Ditka's restaurant are about the only ones who have been successful. Chris Chelios's Chili bar too although not nearly as high profile as those two...Harry's and Ditka's have multiple locations.
  • Options
    I have a Ditkas that opened up 5 minutes from my house. I still have not gone there yet. I heard their prime rib is awsome but a little expensive.
  • Options
    I traded two boxes of 90-91 UD hockey with TheThrill22 for two of his 92 opc boxes. It was very nice to finally put a name with a face.
  • Options
    I busted a box of the OPC and pulled the one card I really wanted and it is in mint condition. It has a very good shot at a psa 10.
  • Options
    sweet deal, I bust 3 factory sets of 92 OPC. I subbed 3 from that bust on the original group sub and all 3 were 10's. I have 5 in with the latest group and hope to get some more 10s.
  • Options
    ajwajw Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I traded two boxes of 90-91 UD hockey with TheThrill22 for two of his 92 opc boxes. It was very nice to finally put a name with a face.
    >>

You did? I don't remember that! Is there actually someone who's handle here is TheThrill22? (If you don't know, my website is Text...
  • Options
    TheThrill22TheThrill22 Posts: 976 ✭✭✭
    Yep, TheThrill22...that would be me. A good trade with a nice guy. My daughter and I got 2 Bure rookies, a Belfour, Jagr, and Roenick rookie out of the first box of UD. We're going to try to build a set and send some off TTM for autographs.
  • Options
    Did some measuring on Manny

Top/Bottom 49/51

Left/Right 48/52
  • Options

Did some measuring on Manny

Top/Bottom 49/51

Left/Right 48/52

Wow, pretty much deadnuts centered. How is the back?
  • Options
    The back is spot on too!! The smudge you see on the top left is on the outside of the CS1.
  • Options
    I would give Manny a shot, at worst he's a nine but maybe not. I bought 3 factory sets for the Dale Murphy's and they were all 60/40 at best. All 3 Manny's and Chipper's were off centered too. It seemed that a majority of all the cards from each set was off centered. As a whole, how was the centering for the wax boxes?

I've always heard that factoey sets {mainly Topps) are not centered well, You can include OPC in that too
  • Options
    Its a borderline 11 !!!
  • Options

<< <i>I would give Manny a shot, at worst he's a nine but maybe not. I bought 3 factory sets for the Dale Murphy's and they were all 60/40 at best. All 3 Manny's and Chipper's were off centered too. It seemed that a majority of all the cards from each set was off centered. As a whole, how was the centering for the wax boxes?

I've always heard that factoey sets {mainly Topps) are not centered well, You can include OPC in that too >>

They seemed to be hit or miss with the centering. The top and bottom card in each pack also had a slightly touched corner. The Manny was dead center in the pack it came from.
  • Options
    I picked up some wax today from BBCE. Another board member that lives by me are splitting a case of 86 OPC wax baseball. We also picked up some junk wax to rip. The box of 92 Topps hockey is for my partner in crime.

• Options
  • Options
    jeffcbayjeffcbay Posts: 8,948 ✭✭✭✭
    FUN!!! Good luck! The best '86 OPC Ripken I have is only a 9.
  • Options
    I opened the box of score last night. The chippers are probably a strong psa 9. I opened a few packs so far from the case of OPC and the top card from the second pack I opened was the ryan. There was a little wax on the face but it was easily removed with my wifes nylon image
  • Options
    Two Chippers from one box? If so, I must sat that is pretty sweet.
  • Options
    BarfvaderBarfvader Posts: 2,859 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>There was a little wax on the face but it was easily removed with my wifes nylon image >>

Well hopefully she wasn't wearing them while you did that but then again that could be fun to try out while she's wearing them. imageimage
  • Options
    MeteoriteGuyMeteoriteGuy Posts: 7,140 ✭✭
    Should be able to put a pretty good looking set out of those OPC boxes.
    Collecting PSA graded Steve Young, Marcus Allen, Bret Saberhagen and 1980s Topps Cards.
    Raw: Tony Gonzalez (low #'d cards, and especially 1/1's) and Steve Young.
  • Options
    I did some quick measurements on the Chipper to the right. These are crude and in millimetere

Top 3.1
    Bottom 3.5
    Left 3.0
    Right 3.0

Giving a top/bottom 47/53
    left/right 50/50

As far as centering goes, it should fall into PSA 10 range.

Good luck on the 86 OPC
  • Options
    FYI the Ryan has a top/bottom of 34/66
  • Options
    I didn't stack my boxes quite as nicely as John, but this is going to be a fun time. He and I split the case and the Ryan he pulled is sweet. It was actually showing through the bottom of the pack.
  • Options
  • Options
    I went to the card shop today to pick up some penny sleeves for the OPC. I picked up these while I was there. I am still on my mission to pull a Brady and Crosby rc from a pack.
  • Options
    I am going to start ripping!!
  • Options
    Omega image nothing worth scanning
  • Options
    Fleer Ultra nothing image
  • Options
    No Brady in the Vanguard either but I did pull a cool Relic. This is my first dual relic card that ive pulled from a pack.100/200 I am not a big GU collector, can someone tell me if this card has any value?
  • Options
    I opened the box of 93 UD baseball. I was looking for a mint Jeter to have graded to add to my collection. I had opened the entire box with only two packs left. As I opened the second to last pack I noticed I had scored a Jeter. However, with closer inspection I noticed that the bottom left corner was slightly bent. This made me very mad because I really wanted to add one to my PSA collection. Now I only had one pack left. What would be the odds to hit back to back Jeters? With only 1 pack left I ripped it open. The very last card of the very last pack in the box was another MINT Jeter image. Those are the situations that keep me addicted to ripping wax!
  • Options
    leathtechleathtech Posts: 3,191
    you'll have to give me a heads up next time, I love to take a trip with you guys down to the BBCE to pick up some fun stuff!
  • Options
    You got it Leathtech...but only if we can get some hockey too!