Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

***Post your quantities and order #'s here for the 2009 Lincoln Commemoratives and Lincoln pennies!!

Comments

• Options
    ebizgobroebizgobro Posts: 595 ✭✭✭
    I received my order today. #30968xxx.

Unfortunately, I got poor quality coins and will be returning them for replacement.
    Both proof coins had noticeable scratches on the obverse. The long scratch on one coin was from the "E" in "LIBERTY" to "R". The other coin had haze at the top of the coin and a field of scratches above Lincoln's head.

Both uncs had a dark spot (possible rubbing?) on the tip of Lincoln's nose (the highest point of the coin).

• Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,460 ✭✭✭✭✭
    where on the obverse were the scratches?

edit: taking a break at looking at mine. I've one with either a die crack or a very uniformly thin scatch from from near the O in "GOD" to the hairline (ha!) next to Lincoln's ear.

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    take pictures....

perhaps lots of pictures of battered coins will help the mint realize their production quality is slipping.

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    That is either a die crack or a scratch in the first picture. the uniformity of it makes me think it is a scratch. The spots are dust on the coin.

The arrow points to the only dark spot I found on the 20 I ordered. Note there is a strike through at the top. I am certain it isn't a scratch because ther is a bit of whatever sticking up off the coin near the rim.

I can't seem to get a good picture of the small smooth areas on the reverse.

• Options
    GoldbullyGoldbully Posts: 16,957 ✭✭✭✭✭
    MsMorrisine, any milky spots? Did you buy 20 proofs? If so, I am amazed that there are no spots.
  • Options
    What is the return window on these coins?My 5 and 5 where shipped to me on the 23rd of Feb.3 uncs. and 2 proofs have scuff marks on them.Am i too late to send back?
  • Options

<< <i>MsMorrisine, any milky spots? Did you buy 20 proofs? If so, I am amazed that there are no spots. >>

hmmm... i think I did find one milky spot on a reverse, too, now that you mention it.
  • Options
    garsmithgarsmith Posts: 5,894 ✭✭
    Quantities = 0
    Order Number = 0
  • Options
    SaamSaam Posts: 475 ✭✭✭
    My order is due to be delivered tomorrow but I won't believe it until I see it happen!

Shouldn't it be okay to open the box to check the coins before I send them to PCGS for First Strike? It would still be within the 30 day window, right? I would hate to send all of them if they look like what has been mentioned and shown here.
  • Options
    GoldbullyGoldbully Posts: 16,957 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>My order is due to be delivered tomorrow but I won't believe it until I see it happen!

Shouldn't it be okay to open the box to check the coins before I send them to PCGS for First Strike? It would still be within the 30 day window, right? I would hate to send all of them if they look like what has been mentioned and shown here. >>

There's no First Strike designation on a commemorative coin.....therefore you need not worry about the 30 day window. image
  • Options
    SaamSaam Posts: 475 ✭✭✭
    Thanks GB! Guess I will be looking at them sooner than I thought.
  • Options

<< <i>MsMorrisine, any milky spots? Did you buy 20 proofs? If so, I am amazed that there are no spots. >>

These are from the revrse of the same coin.

The yellow arrow is to lint.
    The large, irregular spot is a milky spot.
    The circled dots with arrows are dimples.
    the circled areas without arrows are shiny regions where it should be frosty. All but a couple had a shiny area on the lower right leg of the "H" in "THE".

This shot shows the shiny area on the 'H' better.

Te longest arrow on the left points to small milky spots.
    The shortest arrow on the right points to what appears to be a reflection off the side of the rim of the coin.
    The middle arrow points to another shiny region below the 'N' in "UNUM" on the lower edge of the ribbon, left of the red line.
    It should be frosted, and all but one or two coins appear this way.

again, this is the reverse of one coin, but, as mentioned, some shiny areas appear on all other coins. Even on the ones where they are not readily apparent, the shiny areas are barely there.

• Options
    Bump Since the Pennies are suppose to go on sale today!
    imageQuid pro quo. Yes or no?
  • Options
    rgCoinGuyrgCoinGuy Posts: 7,478
    Wow I actually got through that fast. Ordered 5 Sets (and some other stuff)...

Order Number 31350***

12:04 PM 1-13-09
  • Options
    smokincoinsmokincoin Posts: 2,631 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Wow I actually got through that fast. Ordered 5 Sets (and some other stuff)...

Order Number 31350***

12:04 PM 1-13-09 >>

Exactly the same for me! Good thing I only ordered 5 cause that's the limit. image
  • Options
    guitarwesguitarwes Posts: 9,242 ✭✭✭

Got thru pretty quickly.

Order #'s:

31350xxx 12:03
    31351xxx 12:06 (this is my dad's order)

657 orders between us......

@ Elite CNC Routing & Woodworks on Facebook. Check out my work.
    Too many positive BST transactions with too many members to list.
  • Options
    1 set ordered with some other stuff.

can always cancel them if the bank comes through with some rolls. image

Order Date: 03/13/2009 at 12:07 AM

Order Status: Your order request is on hold.

why are new items backordered?
  • Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,109 ✭✭✭✭✭
    12:09 ... 5 sets .... #31351xxx .................
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Options
    Order Number 31351***

5ea Sets

"In the absence of the gold standard, there is no way to protect savings from confiscation through inflation [...] Gold stands in the way of this insidious process. It stands as a protector of property rights." - Alan Greenspan
  • Options
    ObiwancanoliObiwancanoli Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭
    Order #31351***

5 Sets (2 for Dad)...

Could NOT get through on the phone... "Busy. call back later"...

Online was, eventually, completed, but it took a long time for the pages to load...

Completed the order at 12:04 PM though...
    UBERCOINER

A Truth That's Told With Bad Intent
    Beats All The Lies You Can Invent
  • Options
    FullStrikeFullStrike Posts: 4,353 ✭✭✭
    Order #31355313 12:00PM - 1,000 Roll Sets

Was the first customer today so I was able to order 1,000 sets. If I can't flip them on eBay for $1,000.00 each - they will be going back. No way I'm paying $8,950 for $1,000 face Lincolns unless I can flip them all for a cool $1,000,000.00 !

• Options
    droopyddroopyd Posts: 5,381 ✭✭✭
    just bought 2 more each of the commems (for a total of 4 each) and a roll set of the cents to boot - hey, why not?
    Me at the Springfield coin show:
    60 years into this hobby and I'm still working on my Lincoln set!
  • Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,373 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>OK, when I first placed my order early on the first day, my "backorder ship date was 2/19"

Today, I get an e-mail saying "backorder ship date 4/1," which is what the product page shows right now.

how many else got this rude e-mail? >>

Mint has a name for the procedure: "In Process"
    I ordered 50 of each flavor, but in four separate orders. Hopefully will received some of them.
  • Options
    SCDHunterSCDHunter Posts: 686 ✭✭✭
    I received two log cabin coins in change today!image
  • Options

<< <i>I received two log cabin coins in change today!image >>

How are the coins?
  • Options
    garsmithgarsmith Posts: 5,894 ✭✭
    ***Post your quantities and order #'s here for the 2009 Lincoln Commemorative and Lincoln pennies!!***

quantity = 0

order number = 000-00-0000-000.0

But thanks for asking and thanks for the +1
  • Options
    http://www.coinnews.net/2009/03/19/lincoln-silver-dollar-lincoln-cent-uhr-eagle-sales-figures-mar-19/

Now who said the Lincoln silver dollars wouldn't be a sellout image I can't find it to quote it but there you go.

Looking at those numbers, 1 more week and they are all gone ?
  • Options
    Hmmm.....I made two separate purchases of 5ea MS Lincoln Silver Dollars on March 9th (order #'s 31314xxx) and I saw two transactions pending in my bank account for each to be paid within the last couple of days. I just checked my bank account online and the transactions were reversed for some reason - now nothing is pending.

The status of both orders are listed as "request is in process" and "In stock and reserved", but curious why the charges were reversed.

"In the absence of the gold standard, there is no way to protect savings from confiscation through inflation [...] Gold stands in the way of this insidious process. It stands as a protector of property rights." - Alan Greenspan
  • Options
    LeeGLeeG Posts: 12,162
    Order #: 313657** - 1

Item: LN8

Qty: 1

Exp Ship: 4/03/09

2009 LINCOLN UNC SILVER DLR
  • Options
    hrlaserhrlaser Posts: 1,133 ✭✭
    I ordered two Lincoln $1 Silver Uncs. over the weekend.. the Proofs may be "prettier" to some people, but the Uncs. are almost always about 1/3 the Mintage of the Proofs..

The estimated ship date changed from 03 April, 2009 to 30 March, 2009..

According to Dave Harper's 3/31/2009 Blog on NN's site, or Numismater.com, at the time they published it last Friday, the figures he gets from The Mint indicated there were about 20,000 left to sell out of 450,000 and he said he thinks they'll sell out this week.. 50,000 of the 500,000 legislated held back.. to be shoved into some special set later this year..

When was the last time a $1 Silver Commemorative sold out in under a month?.. Buffalo $ in 14 days, in 2001 (?).. if I dis-remember incorrectly.. and not a single $1 Silver commemorative or half has sold out during its sales period since then.. yes? no?..
    "I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on.. I don't do these things to other people.. I require the same of them.."
    - John Wayne, "The Shootist" (1976.. his final film)..
  • Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,373 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #31276xxx - Lincolns, 15 proof, 15 unc.
    #31348xxx - Lincolns, 25 proof, 25 unc.
    #31348xxx - Lincolns, 10 proof, 10 unc.

Love them Lincolns!
  • Options
    pitbosspitboss Posts: 8,643 ✭✭✭

I ordered 10 proof on Sunday and it still shows "on hold" which could mean they are getting close.
    I also have 20 uncirculated 70's and 15 proof 70's NGC.
  • Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,109 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I ordered two Lincoln $1 Silver Uncs. over the weekend.. the Proofs may be "prettier" to some people, but the Uncs. are almost always about 1/3 the Mintage of the Proofs..

The estimated ship date changed from 03 April, 2009 to 30 March, 2009..

According to Dave Harper's 3/31/2009 Blog on NN's site, or Numismater.com, at the time they published it last Friday, the figures he gets from The Mint indicated there were about 20,000 left to sell out of 450,000 and he said he thinks they'll sell out this week.. 50,000 of the 500,000 legislated held back.. to be shoved into some special set later this year..

When was the last time a $1 Silver Commemorative sold out in under a month?.. Buffalo $ in 14 days, in 2001 (?).. if I dis-remember incorrectly.. and not a single $1 Silver commemorative or half has sold out during its sales period since then.. yes? no?.. >>

BTW it's been more than a month since they went on sale. I believe the Ben Franklin and the Marine Corps mem. were a sell out also.
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Options
    I just checked usmint.gov, and the 2009 Lincoln Silver $1.00 Unc. is on the "no longer available" page, and marked as SOLD OUT.. the Proof version is still available..

I'm confused (so what else is new?).. I thought when they said 450,000 limit, it meant any combination of Proofs and Uncs that add up to 450,000.. not x number of Proofs and x number of Uncs.. but apparently there WAS a set number of each?.. Else, how would you explain the Unc. being marked as SOLD OUT but the Proofs are still available to order!?.. image

Waitress, another glass of El Vino Confuso, please..

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on.. I don't do these things to other people.. I require the same of them.."
  • Options
    pitbosspitboss Posts: 8,643 ✭✭✭
    I gave up on the mint and just bought off ebay. It is easier and they are all graded.
  • Options
    With regards to the minted amounts, I am assuming they go in round(ish) numbers and dont bother striking up a bunch more just for a small batch more UNCs.

As we see now, the PROOF is also over mintage limit and only returns will keep it listed on the site
  • Options
    I ordered 5 and 5 on March 12th.They have been in stock and reserved but order has been on hold since day 1.Called credit card and no problems on my end.WTF. Just got off the phone with the Mint or whoever it was and they now say they are backordered but that i should get them since my order says in stock and reserved.Looks like i may get someone's returns.Said they should ship out around April 6th or so.We shall see.
  • Options
    stckplungestckplunge Posts: 469 ✭✭
    I was told by the mint that they have a number to sell and once that number hits then and only then does the waiting list begin. In other words, they sell the commemoratives up to the mintage number and then people start to get other people's returns. If you ordered and were not on the waiting list, you presumably are getting commemorative coins that have not been shipped/returned. Waiting lists are for people who want one of these and will get one IF and WHEN there are returns.

I currently have over 200 of these things listed as in stock and reserved (some are in process and some are still on hold). I am assuming the ones I will receive are not ones that have already been returned.

Jeff
  • Options
    BurnieBurnie Posts: 436 ✭✭✭
    200! You must really like these. No wonder they have sold out.
    BST transactions Wondercoin, MCM, levinll, Zrlevin and ajaan. Been buying and selling coins on E-Bay since 2002 as Monk2580
  • Options
    My order for a whole 2 Uncs., placed the evening of 21 March, 2009, still says "two units backordered, expected to ship 03 April, 2009" and the cancel box is still there.. I don't remember what day last week the Uncs. sold out, but I ordered them days before that, so I expect to get fresh stock, not someone else's returns that they nailed to the heels of their shoes prior to their tap dancing lessons.. image

There are so many ways to search for these on eBay, I haven't found the ideal search string yet, but yesterday, raw Uncs. SEEMED to be closing at about double issue price and climbing..
  • Options
    stckplungestckplunge Posts: 469 ✭✭

<< <i>My order for a whole 2 Uncs., placed the evening of 21 March, 2009, still says "two units backordered, expected to ship 03 April, 2009" and the cancel box is still there.. I don't remember what day last week the Uncs. sold out, but I ordered them days before that, so I expect to get fresh stock, not someone else's returns that they nailed to the heels of their shoes prior to their tap dancing lessons.. image

There are so many ways to search for these on eBay, I haven't found the ideal search string yet, but yesterday, raw Uncs. SEEMED to be closing at about double issue price and climbing.. >>

ALL my orders for the Lincolns were placed prior to March 19th - They have said "in stock and reserved" no cancel buttons for weeks now!! I have seen exactly ZERO Lincoln commemoratives to date. Earliest order: FEBRUARY 12th!!!!!

Jeff
  • Options
    for those taking notes:
    I returned 19/20 (could have been all 20) for replacement

well, the return was rec'd and replacements shipped today

mint:
    19 units shipped on 03/30/2009

ups:
    Service: NEXT DAY AIR
    Special Instructions: SIGNATURE REQUIRED

• Options
    continued:

I know YaHa has said they don't do this, but I got my 19 replacements and half of them, at least, were likely recycled.

the capsules have scratches on the 1 o'clock where the "dig out" area is. And they are tough to dig out if they are seated. Plus the ones with capsule scratches had spots on the coins: water(?), black, milky, were slightly dinged or had lots of obvious smooth areas on the frosted parts.

no 70's in this batch of 19 since the rest had at least some smooth areas on the frosted regions. not sure of what I'm going to do with them yet. some of them are worthy of re-sale. they may hit the bay to avoid return shipping, for the second time.

total bummer. not looking forward to the next set.

• Options
    Ordered 5 and 5 on 3/12.They are now in process,in stock and reserved with cancelled boxes gone.
  • Options
    aficionadoaficionado Posts: 2,309 ✭✭✭
    I got 5 Unc and 5 Proofs, still waiting for 5 more of each.

They came Monday. The proofs look real good. The Unc. have a nice big shiny spot, all in the same place, ya know when you get one like that, they all seem to be that way....

So, 4 of 5 Proofs are keepers and none of the Unc.

FYI, Everything looked new and unsearched.

• Options

<< <i>total bummer. not looking forward to the next set. >>

i'd guess the next time you return they will simply refund you, as there will be no further coins left in stock to send out.
  • Options
    got an email this evening - my uncs have shipped, the proofs and roll set are "in stock and reserved."
  • Options

<< <i>got an email this evening - my uncs have shipped, the proofs and roll set are "in stock and reserved." >>

Same here. image
  • Options
    Arrived today. image
  • Options
    And I got an email a couple days ago saying that my order for a whopping 2 Uncs. which I placed on 21 March, 2009, and were scheduled to ship on 03 April, 2009, were backordered, and now scheduled to ship on 18 April, 2009.. so I checked my account page and that's what it said.. I checked it again this morning, and now it says 03 April, 2009 again, three days ago, but they haven't charged me yet, and the cancel box is still there.. the inmates are running the asylum..

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file