Home U.S. Coin Forum

***Post your quantities and order #'s here for the 2009 Lincoln Commemoratives and Lincoln pennies!!

Comments

• DeloreanDelorean Posts: 470 ✭✭✭
    I know the Bald Eagle Comm is no longer available but did it sell out?
    Chuck,

Ever Onward
  • SaamSaam Posts: 510 ✭✭✭
    Six coming my way..... Order #30976***

No problem with site. Used quick checkout. Took less than a minute but how could they be backordered already!!!???
  • OPAOPA Posts: 17,118 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks like about 10,000 orders in one hour .... not bad, but we shall see if it sells out within the next several month.
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • smokincoinsmokincoin Posts: 2,631 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I know the Bald Eagle Comm is no longer available but did it sell out? >>

No, they set a pre-announced end date.
  • OPAOPA Posts: 17,118 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I know the Bald Eagle Comm is no longer available but did it sell out? >>

No ... it did not sell out ... only the gold & silver combo set sold out early, along with the "Young Collector Set" which went dark in 6/08
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Ordered 5 of each.

• << <i>I know the Bald Eagle Comm is no longer available but did it sell out? >>

From here.

"The last comemorative silver dollar to sell out was the 2006 Benjamin Franklin Commemorative. Prior to that was the 2001 American Buffalo Commemorative Silver Dollar. Last year's 2007[typo] Bald Eagle Commemorative Silver Dollar came close with total combined sales across all product options of 415,122 out of a maximum 500,000."
  • Gee, I loved that Bald Eagle S$1 PF so not surprised. Thats around the same mintage as the annual PF Eagle, which has hit 800k some years

Lincoln is so highly admired by so many, I'm thinking a lot of the public will order via dealers, home shopping network etc etc and then we will see the effect.
  • (109) 3096xxxx
  • Order number: 30965xxx

Order Date: 02/12/2009 at 12:02 AM

Just a proof, I blew it all on the UHR last month ... wonder which one will come in first? image
    UHR Ordered on 1/22/09 @ 12:08PM
  • BurnieBurnie Posts: 441 ✭✭✭
    In my opinion these are going to be very popular. I ordered the max.
    BST transactions Wondercoin, MCM, levinll, Zrlevin and ajaan. Been buying and selling coins on E-Bay since 2002 as Monk2580
  • droopyddroopyd Posts: 5,381 ✭✭✭
    I bough 2 uncs and 2 proofs, will keep 1 of each and who knows what I'll do with the other. Gifts maybe? Probably wouldn't bother flipping unless they start going for 2-3x issue price (yeah, right). Would like to have bought more but need to conserve $ for other purchases, I'm planning on buying a bunch of this year's unc/proof sets. Gotta get them pennies, man!

Order #30975*** for those who care.
    Me at the Springfield coin show:
    60 years into this hobby and I'm still working on my Lincoln set!

<< <i>how could they be backordered already!!!??? >>

I think that just means they're not shipping for a week or so, backorder is only until 2/19.
  • EagleguyEagleguy Posts: 2,264 ✭✭✭✭✭
    CoinNews.net has a story about collector versions of the cent made of 95% copper coinnews.

I hope that these aren't going to be the ones in the special set with the commemoratives because I'm not buying them twice.

JH
  • GoldbullyGoldbully Posts: 17,107 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well it was b/o'd till the 19th!!!!!

My order shows the 19th!! image
  • ECHOESECHOES Posts: 2,974 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Two orders:

#1- 309697XX, 12:15, 1 Unc.
    #2- 309833XX, 2:30, 1 Unc.

After reading this thread I placed the second order, I have a feeling this Commem will be a sellout.
    ~HABE FIDUCIAM IN DOMINO III V VI / III XVI~
    POST NUBILA PHOEBUS / AFTER CLOUDS, SUN
    Love for Music / Collector of Dreck
  • renman95renman95 Posts: 7,037 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice!

I'm going to wait for the 5-coin set in the "spring."
  • I bought 2 sets, as usual.

<< <i>In my opinion these are going to be very popular. I ordered the max. >>

Pray tell....what is the max????

Just noticed the Max per household is 100 units.

• << <i>

<< <i>In my opinion these are going to be very popular. I ordered the max. >>

Pray tell....what is the max???? >>

500.000 across the board

• << <i>

<< <i>So are the pennies going on sale today as well? >>

Yes, the log cabin reverse!!! That is, I hope it is!!! >>

Item number: 280312791954 on Ebay.
    not my auction but I've been looking for these all day. 2 days and 20 hours to go with 5 bids and up to $2.25 already, For only 1 red cent.
    In the time of Chimpanzee's
    I was a Monkey

<< <i>I'm going to wait for the 5-coin set in the "spring." >>

I'm picking up as many of those as they'll let me. I know at least 2 will be gifts. The rest will be an "investment."

<< <i>

<< <i>

not my auction but I've been looking for these all day. 2 days and 20 hours to go with 5 bids and up to $2.25 already, For only 1 red cent. >>

Great image too!!! image

• << <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

not my auction but I've been looking for these all day. 2 days and 20 hours to go with 5 bids and up to $2.25 already, For only 1 red cent. >>

Great image too!!! image >>

I gotta say, I would be a little concerned they could fill out the envelope properly...

"This is a first day issuse of the 2009 Lincoln penny. It was unvaled & released at Hodgensville, KY., Lincoln's Birthplace on his 200th brithday. This is an uncerculated coin, I just received it in a penny 4 penny exchance. "
    imageQuid pro quo. Yes or no?
  • ClosedLoopClosedLoop Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭
    the five coin proof set will be limited to five per household.
    figglehorn

• << <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>30969*** , one of each.

I can only imagine how crazy the LN6 Special Set will be .... >>

What will that set consist of? >>

Proof Lincoln Commem + 4 proof Cents with 95% copper composition. Limit = 50,000 units. >>

What's the esitmated release date? >>

As far as I know, price and release date have not yet been determined ... >>

Probably going to be around $50 each for these things. Being that the proof linc comm will be at $41.95 when this set comes out.
    In the time of Chimpanzee's
    I was a Monkey
  • lcoopielcoopie Posts: 8,870 ✭✭✭✭✭
    it truly can only be described as
    an addiction at this point
    2 each
    LCoopie = Les
  • MesquiteMesquite Posts: 4,075 ✭✭✭
    I'm holding out for the Joe Biden "Stand up Chuck! Ahhhh .... God love ya'" commem.
    There are two ways to conquer and enslave a nation. One is by the sword. The other is by debt.
    –John Adams, 1826
  • nycounselnycounsel Posts: 1,229 ✭✭
    Order number: 309891xx

Order Date: 02/12/2009 at 06:23 PM

I ordered the max.

I think these will sell out, and that proofs will outnumber uncirculateds by at least 3 to 1.

The coin ain't much to look at IMO, and 500,000 isn't a low mintage, but I wouldn't bet against Lincoln.

He's one of our most revered Presidents, and the special attention Obama has brought to Lincoln's presidency these past few months won't hurt any.

If I'm wrong, I'll just wait til silver hits $35 an ounce.

Dan

<< <i>Order number: 309891xx

Order Date: 02/12/2009 at 06:23 PM

I ordered the max.

I think these will sell out, and that proofs will outnumber uncirculateds by at least 3 to 1.

The coin ain't much to look at IMO, and 500,000 isn't a low mintage, but I wouldn't bet against Lincoln.

He's one of our most revered Presidents, and the special attention Obama has brought to Lincoln's presidency these past few months won't hurt any.

If I'm wrong, I'll just wait til silver hits $35 an ounce. >>

Based on your order number, that's ~ 24,000 orders since ThinMint's 12:02 order....not too shabby!!!
  • 08HALA2008HALA20 Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭
    10 and 10
    30966XXX

Also can't wait for the Cents

• << <i>I ordered the max.

If I'm wrong, I'll just wait til silver hits $35 an ounce. >>

Exactly ! his words on the back of the coin are inside the memorial where Obama spoke just so recently. I can imagine the home shopping etc making a big deal of this coin, and their phone lines running hot.

Remember, 50k have to be reserved for the 5 coin set.. AND what about the Legacy Collection ? last year it had the Bald Eagle in it, so this year it should have this coin. There goes another.. 50k ? 20k ?
  • Lincoln Commems NOT AVAILABLE UNTIL APRIL!!!!!

JC

• adamlaneusadamlaneus Posts: 6,969 ✭✭✭
    Not available until April First?!?!

What is this, some sort of joke?!?!?

• OLCOLC Posts: 394 ✭✭✭
    To me it means if you want to get some of these from the mint you better get your order in quick. Obviously they have sold out of what they had already minted and are going to need some time to mint the rest of the limit. Sales must be real good or they didn't many to start with.

• << <i>Lincoln Commems NOT AVAILABLE UNTIL APRIL!!!!!

JC >>

I guess that does it for the introductory price, then...

<< <i>Lincoln Commems NOT AVAILABLE UNTIL APRIL!!!!!

JC >>

I should have checked this thread before starting a new one!!!!

That is amazing that the b/o date is April 1st.......I hope some more people post their order numbers of late.
  • I ordered 1 proof and 1 unc. on 02-12 at 11:28 PM EST, # 30995XXX. Tracking info. states proof w/s 02-28, unc. w/s 02-19. I wonder which will arrive first my UHR or Abe??!!
    You can still order now at the introductory price. It doesn't matter when there delivered.

• << <i>You can still order now at the introductory price. It doesn't matter when there delivered. >>

True - I didn't think of that. image
  • MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,746 ✭✭✭✭✭
    OK, when I first placed my order early on the first day, my "backorder ship date was 2/19"

Today, I get an e-mail saying "backorder ship date 4/1," which is what the product page shows right now.

how many else got this rude e-mail?

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • CasmanCasman Posts: 3,935 ✭✭
    I'm pretty sure they'll sell out, I cancelled my order....I don't care for the backorder baloney...image

<< <i>Funny...

Doesn't the mint usually make a gold issue commemorative each year?

I do not see a gold issue of the Lincoln Commem.

Hmph. >>

Hmph, too. image

You need a job in the product and marketing department. That is what I was thinking. Gold versions of the commemorative and each of the "cents." Hello!?! Lincoln! Gold!
    Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • CasmanCasman Posts: 3,935 ✭✭
    Hey Welcome MsMorrisine!! Nice to see new people around here. Also your PM is off...
  • Welcome MsMorrisine....Yes I got the same email today....And collectors wonder why they haven't announced the ASE W yet?? They can't even mint enough of these ahead ofthe issue date

Well, what good is their product schedule except to torture people with delays.

If they can't ship until well over a month later, then delay the release date a month.

• SilverstateSilverstate Posts: 1,537 ✭✭✭
    Sure would be appreciated if someone could post mintage numbers on these when they are released tomorrow. I am curious how many of these sold. Thanks
  • aficionadoaficionado Posts: 2,309 ✭✭✭
  • aficionadoaficionado Posts: 2,309 ✭✭✭

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file