Home Sports Talk
Options

AROD positive test for steriods article

Comments

• Options
    AllenAllen Posts: 7,165 ✭✭✭
    To say that is a stretch is an understatement. I am understand your concern seeing as the guillotine is slowly being hoisted to drop on his head next. I would not be surprised if A-Rod goes off and rats out everything he knows just because he is so sensitive and hurt and because Jeter doesn't love him enough.
  • Options

<< <i>It isnt possible to tell from those Pujols pics when his sleeves cover his upper arms. That isnt convincing and looks more like a stretch of what you hope is true. >>

You're a loon. I have stood literally right next to him/had conversations with him at events like the down syndrome softball game, and seen him in a cut-out sleeves top, and I know what the guy looks like in person with 100% certain. Can you honestly say that? I doubt it. Nice try, just to get in a cheapshot..
  • Options
  • Options
    yankeeno7yankeeno7 Posts: 9,243 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>It isnt possible to tell from those Pujols pics when his sleeves cover his upper arms. That isnt convincing and looks more like a stretch of what you hope is true. >>

You're a loon. I have stood literally right next to him/had conversations with him at events like the down syndrome softball game, and seen him in a cut-out sleeves top, and I know what the guy looks like in person with 100% certain. Can you honestly say that? I doubt it. Nice try, just to get in a cheapshot.. >>

A cheapshot? How is that a cheapshot? Sometimes when we look up to our sports heroes, our blinders can be on. Oiling up muscles do make them look bigger and prettier for the camera. Thinking this was a cheapshot to you is complete paranoia.

Oh, and nice on the name calling LOL....says something about you and your man love.
  • Options
    Post as many man-love pics that you want. I still think your denial is for the hope that he is 100% clean, just like his date of birth.
  • Options
    mickeymantle24mickeymantle24 Posts: 2,768 ✭✭✭
    I actually do not believe this article. I have met ARod a couple of times, and he is one of the last ones I would think to take the juice! The only reason is because he is a Yankee. Anybody who plays on the Yankees have been brought up about takling steriods. Just because Clemens hit the juice does not mean A-Rod or any other did (Except Giambiimage)
  • Options

<< <i>Post as many man-love pics that you want. I still think your denial is for the hope that he is 100% clean, just like his date of birth. >>

Hey, keep talking out your rump, if you must. I know why some tools play this game on here(you guys want to stir the pot). Knock Pujols, but it only shows your man love obsession to slander a person with NO proof of any wrong doing.

His birth date is so played out, too. After September 11, 2001, all of this stuff has came under even more intense investigation. Pujols became an American citizen a couple of years back, and in order for that to occur after 911, the government scours over a person for our national security's sake. If Pujols had anything questionable, rest assured, he would not have been allowed to become a US citizen.
  • Options
    swartz1swartz1 Posts: 4,911 ✭✭✭
    I stood next to this guy in the food market the other day....and he was overweight...but he doesnt eat alot...

Looking for 1970 MLB Photostamps
    - uncut

Positive Transactions - tennesseebanker, Ahmanfan, Donruss, Colebear, CDsNuts, rbdjr1, Downtown1974, yankeeno7, drewsef, mnolan, mrbud60, msassin, RipublicaninMass, AkbarClone, rustywilly, lsutigers1973, julen23 and nam812, plus many others...
  • Options
    chaz43chaz43 Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I actually do not believe this article. I have met ARod a couple of times, and he is one of the last ones I would think to take the juice! The only reason is because he is a Yankee. Anybody who plays on the Yankees have been brought up about takling steriods. Just because Clemens hit the juice does not mean A-Rod or any other did (Except Giambiimage) >>

He hit the juice. He didn't even want to talk about the 2003 test when asked and said " Go talk to the players union. I am not going to talk about it." chaz
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>I actually do not believe this article. I have met ARod a couple of times, and he is one of the last ones I would think to take the juice! The only reason is because he is a Yankee. Anybody who plays on the Yankees have been brought up about takling steriods. Just because Clemens hit the juice does not mean A-Rod or any other did (Except Giambiimage) >>

He hit the juice. He didn't even want to talk about the 2003 test when asked and said " Go talk to the players union. I am not going to talk about it." chaz >>

Very true. image
  • Options
    GonblottGonblott Posts: 1,951 ✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>It might be prudent to sell a few high-dollar Arod cards, TODAY. >>

In the process of listing right now.

What do you think is better................ 3 day listing or 5 day? >>

/////////////////////////

I think I would try BOTH.

I might use BINs with Best Offers on some, too. (Some of the offers
    will have "funny" messages in them.)

The hatred and sense of betrayal in the market will take a few days
    to catch fire.

There is still time to dump and buy back later for less. >>

Is it worth trying one day listing?

Not sure if that is too short..
  • Options

<< <i>

He hit the juice. He didn't even want to talk about the 2003 test when asked and said " Go talk to the players union. I am not going to talk about it." chaz >>

The bad thing is that it is going to ruin his reputation weather we know for sure if he did it or not. My question is how do people kniow he took them, when the list is kept up so all the players names are anaminus
  • Options
    Dont get your panties in such a bunch STM, I didnt accuse Pujols of using...I only said it wouldnt surprise me and I gave my reason. Yeah, Im a HUGE pot stirrer here image

You really are paranoid, arent you? Thinking that someone's opinion here has to do with this board wanting to "slander" and cause problems...very funny again! Fandom to obsession. Pretty scary thing (in a funny way!).
  • Options
    My name is StanTheMan and everyone picks on me and Pujols!!! WAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!
  • Options

<< <i>My name is StanTheMan and everyone picks on me and Pujols!!! WAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!
    image >>

image Very Trueimage
  • Options
    Oh, and by the way, to get back on topic, I think it absolutely did happen. I think SI tries to be VERY careful with legitimacy of their stories. They can not afford to lose the respect of their subscribers. Some Union heads should roll on this one. It's going to be a tough year for ARod.

I would love for this to be proven as untrue...but sadly, I think its true.
  • Options
    shagrotn77shagrotn77 Posts: 5,571 ✭✭✭✭
    I think I'd be most surprised to find out that Pujols did NOT take steroids.
    "My father would womanize, he would drink. He would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark. Sometimes he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy. The sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament. Our childhood was typical. Summers in Rangoon, luge lessons. In the spring we'd make meat helmets. When we were insolent we were placed in a burlap bag and beaten with reeds - pretty standard really."
  • Options
    storm888storm888 Posts: 11,701 ✭✭✭
    Is it worth trying one day listing?

/////////////////////////////////

You could try one or two and see what cooks.

The first round of "free" publicity is TODAY. Lots
    of folks will be looking at EBAY to see wasup.

I have a bad feeling about how this is going to
    open new investiagtions/speculations about
    more players.

Probably safest to only own cards from the 1950s
    and 1960s; the drunks and speed-freaks from that
    era are immune to the steroid bashing.

Folks Who Bite Get Bitten. Folks Who Don't Bite Get Eaten.
  • Options

<< <i>I think I'd be most surprised to find out that Pujols did NOT take steroids. >>

image I believe the MLB needs to test all of these players before the regular season starts to get everything straight. I also believe that if AROD took a test right now it would say he did not take steriods.
  • Options

<< <i>Dont get your panties in such a bunch STM, I didnt accuse Pujols of using...I only said it wouldnt surprise me and I gave my reason. Yeah, Im a HUGE pot stirrer here image

You really are paranoid, arent you? Thinking that someone's opinion here has to do with this board wanting to "slander" and cause problems...very funny again! Fandom to obsession. Pretty scary thing (in a funny way!). >>

My underwear are not in a bunch, thank you.

What is your reason, again? Because he is dang good? Please..

Paranoid? Nah.... Sick of people making false allegations/assumptions? Yeah, probably..

What is scary about saying what I have witnessed with my own 2 eyes? Is that anymore scary than grown men collecting pices of cardboard with other men's pictures on them? This comment about things being scary is always pulled out by some of you when it comes to supporting Pujols. It's not scary to like a player and defend them when you know a picture on a mag cover is not accurate with what you have witnessed in person.
  • Options

<< <i>Is it worth trying one day listing?

/////////////////////////////////

You could try one or two and see what cooks.

The first round of "free" publicity is TODAY. Lots
    of folks will be looking at EBAY to see wasup.

I have a bad feeling about how this is going to
    open new investiagtions/speculations about
    more players.

Probably safest to only own cards from the 1950s
    and 1960s; the drunks and speed-freaks from that
    era are immune to the steroid bashing. >>

Do you belive now is a good time to sell the AROD rookie cards also. I have a BGS 9 1994 SP. I really do not want to sell it, but it may be a good idea
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>I think I'd be most surprised to find out that Pujols did NOT take steroids. >>

image I believe the MLB needs to test all of these players before the regular season starts to get everything straight. I also believe that if AROD took a test right now it would say he did not take steriods. >>

And ARod SHOULD volunteer to a urine AND blood test for steroids while the new rules are in place. If he wants ANY bit of respect for the rest of his career.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>My name is StanTheMan and everyone picks on me and Pujols!!! WAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!
    image >>

image Very Trueimage >>

You have the nerve to comment about me, when you have been proven as a habitual liar on here? Remember the Peyton Manning autograph? Do we need to bring that thread back up to refresh your memory? Gumby busted your rump, so you better go lay back down under your rock.
  • Options
    BoopottsBoopotts Posts: 6,784 ✭✭

Agreed. Both he and Piazza are on my short list. While I grant it's possible that someone could put up these kinds of numbers two years after being drafted in the 13th round of the amateur draft, I think it's extraordinarily unlikely that this would occur unless something changed between the date of the draft and the player's MLB debut. Are 'hidden gems' unearthed in the later rounds of the draft? Absolutely. But I would be quite surprised, in this day and age of information dissemination and talent evaluation, to discover that a player either a) exhibited this kind of upside but was ignored or overlooked by MLB scouts, or b) went from being a marginal prospect to possibly one of the top five players to ever put in a MLB uniform in the span of two years.

• Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

image >>

image Very Trueimage >>

You have the nerve to comment about me, when you have been proven as a habitual liar on here? Remember the Peyton Manning autograph? Do we need to bring that thread back up to refresh your memory? Gumby busted your rump, so you better go lay back down under your rock. >>

Shouldn't you be out on your date with Pujols?
  • Options
    Dont cry StanTheMan, Im actually a Pujols fan. Im just able to be objective. If you want to see part of my reasoning, go back and read.
    Paranoid? Absolutely.

Im sure MANY have seen ARod, Giambi, LoDuca, and many many others and never ever thought there was any way they were doing steroids. So just cuz you have seen Pujols in person does not mean you are able to know what is really happening.
  • Options
    Pujols has been tested time and time again, by his own admission. If Pujols was to have failed a test, rest assured, he would have been named just like Alex Rodriguez.
  • Options
    "Do you belive now is a good time to sell the AROD rookie cards also. I have a BGS 9 1994 SP. I really do not want to sell it, but it may be a good idea "

///////////////////////////////////////

I am NOT telling ANYBODY what to sell/buy.

If I was in his expensive cards today, I would dump them FAST;
    and, hope to buy them back later - if I liked them - at a lower
    price.

I have LOTS of experience at holding stuff through "bad news."

The ONLY times I have NOT gotten creamed were when I dumped
    at the FIRST sign of public bad-news.

The same rule applies here that generally applies in the stock market.

• Options
    BoopottsBoopotts Posts: 6,784 ✭✭

<< <i>Pujols has been tested time and time again, by his own admission. If Pujols was to have failed a test, rest assured, he would have been named just like Alex Rodriguez. >>

My understanding is that there are an abundance of peformance-enhancing drugs which cannot currently be detected using the testing methods which MLB employs.
  • Options
    Where is Pujols butt on this thread cuz I see some puckered lips! LOL

• Options
    AllenAllen Posts: 7,165 ✭✭✭
    StanTheMan, just because you have a bromance with Albert does not make him clean. I am sure you have dreamed about his big muscles wrapped around you many a times. I am sure you can vouch for the fact that after meeting him in person for several rendezvous, he does not have any injection marks on his butt- though he left several on yours.
  • Options
    lanemyer85lanemyer85 Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭
    You may be right on Pujols and anabolic steroids, but I"d bet my Banks RC he's HGHing. His juco trainer was pinched with the stuff and he's still in contact with Pujols. Don't forget he came to the US at a fairly young age...like 12 or something. If he were that good a player he wouldn't have had to resort to JuCo to get an offer. The STL/KC area is one of the most highly scouted areas in high school baseball. It's not like he's Alfonso Soriano and slipped through the cracks in the DR.

Also note there were 104 other names on that list that was leaked to SI. That doesn't mean Pujols' name wasn't on there as well. If I were a STL/Pujols collector I'd be dumping and investing in Musial, Gibson, even Colby Rasmus etc right now.
  • Options
    lawnmowermanlawnmowerman Posts: 19,477 ✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    swartz1swartz1 Posts: 4,911 ✭✭✭
    I thought this thread was about arod?

how did it get derailed towards Pujols?

Looking for 1970 MLB Photostamps
    - uncut

Positive Transactions - tennesseebanker, Ahmanfan, Donruss, Colebear, CDsNuts, rbdjr1, Downtown1974, yankeeno7, drewsef, mnolan, mrbud60, msassin, RipublicaninMass, AkbarClone, rustywilly, lsutigers1973, julen23 and nam812, plus many others...
  • Options

<< <i>Where is Pujols butt on this thread cuz I see some puckered lips! LOL >>

LMAO! image
  • Options

<< <i>Pujols is on the roids! >>

So a hack writes a hit piece in 2006, and that is the gospel now?

I guess you failed to realize that Pujols was drug tested numerous times in 2006 just for that very reason of having a monster season? Pujols discussed this on FSN in 2006, and like he said, they have tested him that year on numerous occasions, and could keep testing him. Obviously, they found nothing, or he would have been outed and suspended back then.

Really, do you have no honor? You would think Gumby busting you in your lies would have toned you down, but maybe you don't feel any shame?
  • Options
    Right, Pujols came to this country long BEFORE 9/11 and the borders were much more open and not as strict. For example, my ex was born in 71 but her BC coming into the country says 72. Dont ask me why cuz I do not know what premise she came into the country with. So do you think Homeland Security is checking BC's to US citizens allowed into the country several years ago? LOL
  • Options
    PoppaJPoppaJ Posts: 2,818

image >>

• Options
    BTW, ARod tested for PRIMOBOLAN and TESTOSTERONE which does NOT have the bulking affect that HGH and most other anabolic steroids have. Isnt it conceivable those were the steroids of choice at that time? And isnt it conceivable that Pujols could have been doing the same? Of course it is. If you dont think so then you dont have the ability to be objective.

Edited for spelling
  • Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    HGH can't be tested.

I liked this part:

Right now there isn’t sufficient reason to investigate Albert for steroids use,” said Commissioner Bud Selig. “He’s just hitting a lot of home runs. I’m sorry. If he breaks the home run record then so be it. I’d rather see a juiced-up Albert Pujols have the record than a juiced up Barry Bonds anyway. At least a few people like Albert Pujols.”

lol

What was the % that Canseco said in his book, 85% of the players used?

Canseco was not a liar, just a rat.

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options
    Well, this has been fun but I need to nap before going in to work. I'll check this thread out later tonight. Im sure it will be interesting! image
  • Options
    You all are a hoot. Talking nonsense about a great player who has never been proven to have done anything wrong is total ignorance. If Pujols is ever proven to have done something wrong in the way of peds, then get back with me. Until then, I'm done with this thread. I will not waste my day on here arguing with people who want him to be guilty, just so they can rub it in someone's face. After all, that is all it's truly about. image

• Options
    larryallen73larryallen73 Posts: 6,057 ✭✭✭
    STM you make fanaticalango look relatively sane. Dude, Pujols is just a baseball player. He's a very good baseball player. He may be the greatest person of all time to have ever walked the earth. However, in the end he is just a person. Your fanatical need to defend the guy from the slightest indication of a problem is scary. Relax. Is it really that important to you that someone on a baseball card message board said he wouldn't be surprised if Pujols did steroids. I think few people would be surprised to learn of any professional athlete who didn't at least "try" the stuff in the last 10 years. I mean really. Get your head out of the sand. Pujols might be clean and he might not but you seriously look like a lunatic defending every last hint of negativity toward another human being. I wouldn't be surprised if even Fanaticalango thinks you are a little over the top defending the 42 year old Pujols.
  • Options
    Steve, as of July 2008, they believe they now have a test for HGH through urine
    HGH test breakthrough
  • Options
    "Canseco was not a liar, just a rat."

/////////////////////////

Technically, the "rat" part is true, I guess.

It may be good to understand how he felt when he WAS being
    singled-out and KNEW that he was NOT the only "guilty" player.

Canseco seems seldom mad at his contemporary players. He is
    simply pointing out that MLB is run by greedy-thugs who protect
    the current/favorite STARS and throw everybody else under the
    bus.

Consistency is good in card-grading, and it is good in enforcing
    the rules.

I have a suspicion that history is not going to be terribly unkind
    to Canseco. It is getting easier to spin the myth/truth that "at
    least he told the truth." Americans dig that stuff.

• Options
    rube26105rube26105 Posts: 10,225 ✭✭
    <You all are a hoot.>

damn right i amimage
    i dont care if they all go out and smoke crack everyday, sports people shouldnt be considered idolized or anyone to look up to as a role model anymore anyways with all the stupid stuff they do scandalwise in all sports
    ,they are all a bunch of high priced belhops anyway-none of the pukes impress me in the least-they play for love of $, not love of game
    except the stupid football player thats so stupid he shot himself, that was a pretty good oneimage
  • Options
  • Options
  • Options