Home Sports Talk
Options

AROD positive test for steriods article

Link to article

Should be interesting to follow

Collecting Tony Perez PSA and Rookie Baseball PSA

Comments

• Options
    "When approached by an SI reporter on Thursday at a gym in Miami, Rodriguez declined to discuss his 2003 test results. "You'll have to talk to the union," said Rodriguez, the Yankees' third baseman since his trade to New York in February 2004. When asked if there was an explanation for his positive test, he said, "I'm not saying anything."

A-fraud is in full season mode :0 )
  • Options
    digicatdigicat Posts: 8,551 ✭✭
    A-Roid, huh? Great. So, who's NOT on steroids?
    My Giants collection want list

WTB: 2001 Leaf Rookies & Stars Longevity: Ryan Jensen #/25
  • Options
    GoDodgersFanGoDodgersFan Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭
    Wow. Only time will tell the impact of this positive test.

Just think, Arod will be chasing 600 this season or early 2010.
  • Options
    bman90278bman90278 Posts: 3,453 ✭✭✭
    All I have to say is that every player in baseball that played during the Steroid ERA could have used at one time or more and that's the way it is. The players that aren't being accused are either lucky or didn't use? I don't know. I just hope that MLB continues to tighten up on their testing and the results.
  • Options
    lawnmowermanlawnmowerman Posts: 19,477 ✭✭✭✭
    That explains the mood swings and feelings of abandonment she displayed. Why don't you love me Derek??
  • Options
    mickeymantle24mickeymantle24 Posts: 2,768 ✭✭✭
    This has to be a fib. A-Rod is one of the last guys I would ever think to take steriods!
  • Options

<< <i>That explains the mood swings and feelings of abandonment she displayed. Why don't you love me Derek?? >>

That's good comedy right there on a Saturday morning.....Nice one Matt!!!

So much for the "confidential" and "anonymous" MLB drug testing policy.....I hope Arod sues the living crapola out of MLB and anyone associated with his results being leaked.

Collecting Interests:
    Ripken, Brooks & Frank Robinson, Old Orioles, Sweet Spot Autos, older Redskins - Riggins, Sonny, Baugh etc and anything that catches my eye. image

My ghetto sportscard webpage...All Scans - No Lists!!! Stinky Linky
  • Options
    I LOVE IT!!!! Another fraudulent, adulterous, arrogant, overpaid drug induced "hot dog" now joins the infamous ranks of Bonds, Clemens, Mcguire, Sosa, Palmeiro, Sheffield and the like...Aaron is the home run king and probably always will be!!
    "You tell 'em I'm coming...and hell's coming with me"--Wyatt Earp
  • Options
    swartz1swartz1 Posts: 4,911 ✭✭✭
    Who is next?

PUJOLS ?

Looking for 1970 MLB Photostamps
    - uncut

Positive Transactions - tennesseebanker, Ahmanfan, Donruss, Colebear, CDsNuts, rbdjr1, Downtown1974, yankeeno7, drewsef, mnolan, mrbud60, msassin, RipublicaninMass, AkbarClone, rustywilly, lsutigers1973, julen23 and nam812, plus many others...
  • Options
    bighurt2000bighurt2000 Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭
    Who is next?

Not Thomas!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    larryallen73larryallen73 Posts: 6,057 ✭✭✭
    I hope not Pujols because I know at least one game used Pujols jock sniffer who might jump off a building. That would be sad to lose his pujolscentric posts around here.
  • Options
    BunchOBullBunchOBull Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭
    I'm sorry, Big Frank has been advocating drug testing in the MLB since 1992 when he saw it becoming as issue...he's been clean.
    Collector of most things Frank Thomas. www.BigHurtHOF.com
  • Options
    Ken Griffey Jr. is next!!!!
  • Options

<< <i>Ken Griffey Jr. is next!!!! >>

It would not suprise me at all!
  • Options
    hdunkhdunk Posts: 76 ✭✭
    It is too early to tell and there is alot of information to come out over the next several years, but history may look more favorably to players who did not put up as outrageous numbers as known steriod users have.

I may be wrong, but has there been any accusations of steriod use of Griffey jr or Frank Thomas, etc? Thomas' body didn't change in this period from my recollection and seemed alittle heavy, which leads me to believe he did not use steriods.

If there were no steriod use by these players, Thomas, Griffey and perhaps others I can not think of the top of my head had careers that sure looks better now than they did 5 to 10 years ago in light of revelations of the past few years.
  • Options
    Ross,
    I said not Frank Thomas.

James
  • Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,624 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>All I have to say is that every player in baseball that played during the Steroid ERA could have used at one time or more and that's the way it is. The players that aren't being accused are either lucky or didn't use? I don't know. I just hope that MLB continues to tighten up on their testing and the results. >>

Agreed, and I would say the ones that didnt get accused prolly were either lucky or were not good enough to even bother with.
  • Options
    Oh I know James, I was just replying to a comment up top before I saw your comment...sorry about that, not directed at you.

On the topic of Griffey Jr., I've heard some insider reports that say that's true. I hope not, because I always liked him.
  • Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    Guys like Fred Mcgriff are looking better and better every day.

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options
    storm888storm888 Posts: 11,701 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I'm sorry, Big Frank has been advocating drug testing in the MLB since 1992 when he saw it becoming as issue...he's been clean. >>

/////////////////////

Frank Thomas Wants Steroid Testing

Article date:May 30, 2002 Author: The Associated Press

Frank Thomas wants baseball to start testing for steroids, saying he feels "cheated" if other players are using drugs.

"I don't know who's on and who's not on," the two-time MVP said Wednesday before the Chicago White Sox played the New York Yankees. "There is definitely more activity in the weight room nowadays. I was hoping that it was just old guys working hard in the weight room.

"I really think it's time for testing. It really is."

Two high-profile former players said recently that steroid use is rampant in the major leagues. Ken Caminiti estimated that at least half of major leaguers use steroids, and he told Sports Illustrated ...

//////////

Thomas for suspensions, not fines Sox slugger says baseball's steroid policy too lenient

Article date:March 19, 2005 Author: Chris De Luca

TUCSON, Ariz. -- Technical difficulties kept Frank Thomas from having his voice heard beyond an opening statement in front of the House Committee on Government Reform, but the veteran sounded off in the White Sox' camp Friday.

The video feed of Thomas speaking from the University of Arizona cut off in the committee's Capitol Hill chamber shortly after he read his opening statement. Thomas, who was also on a nine-second delay that further complicated communication, never got a chance to contribute after the opening statement.......

//////////////////

Folks Who Bite Get Bitten. Folks Who Don't Bite Get Eaten.
  • Options
    hdunkhdunk Posts: 76 ✭✭
    McGriff is a perfect example of a player I was referring too in my other post.

His numbers were light compared to McGwire, Bonds, Palmeiro, ARod etc. But his history may be good to players like McGriff.
  • Options
    To further that storm...Frank started wearing sweatbands in 1992 with a say no to drugs message and took on several public service stances on drug use, including steroids. It of course became worse and worse over time.

Upon hitting 500 HRs Frank had this to say:

"We did things the right way and we're still doing things. Whatever happened, happened.
    I don't hold grudges. I'm happy to be one of the guys who has done things the right way, the clean way."

edited to add...that's the wrong quote...that was before #500...his 500 HR speach was similar.
  • Options
    Ross,
    I to hope Griffey has played clean.

I have said it before a player I think that was on steriods and I would like to beleive
    he wasn't was Bagwell. I watch him play for many years on TV but then he started to
    bulk up and the noticeable vanes on his forehead make me wonder.

James
  • Options
    I always liked Bags too...but he certainly bulked up in his twilight years.

Here in Houston, he's royalty.
  • Options
    Guys,
    Do think that Albert Belle was just an angry man or was it the Roids talking.

James
  • Options
    fergie23fergie23 Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭✭
    It is doubtful that Griffey used steroids. However given all of his injuries I suspect it is much more likely he took or tried HGH to help him recover from those injuries. By more likely I am not saying I think he did HGH but that it is far more likely he used HGH than steroids.

Robb
  • Options
    chaz43chaz43 Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭
    All the guys that invested in AFRaud are now screwed. The home run record fuget about it. I feel bad for you guys but nobody felt sorry for me when I invested thousands into 87' Fleer wax, glossy sets and 1986 topps traded. Oh well, glad I never got involved with afraud. chaz
  • Options
    Almost seems like if you hit alot of home runs you must be on something...

So what do most people here feel........Doesnt matter much to them?....Or so you feel cheated for defending these players?

For me...Its almost hard to defend anyone , just because you think they didnt do them , doesnt mean it wont come out that they did.

The one player that always suprised me was Palmeiro . He was very consistent and never hit towering bombs and he made the biggest mistake by tring to put the blame on everyone else . Should have gone the Giambi and Pettite route . Own up . Peope are more likely
    to forgive.
    A collector of all things Braves
    Always looking for Chipper Jones cards.
    Im a very focused collector of cards from 1909 - 2012...LOL
  • Options
    One angle that hasn't come up enough (in my opinion) in past discussions has been that steroids (or HGH, whatever) also help you come back from injury faster.

ARod has never missed significant time over, what, 14 seasons? If he's clean, good for him; but to me you don't have to look like Hulk Hogan to benefit from cheating.

I'm neither for or against Griffey, Jr but I have to believe he's clean; otherwise he'd have played about 300 more games and been chasing 700 himself.

Also, just because a guy is good doesn't mean he's a juicer. Big Papi looks like a beer delivery guy, not a WWE superstar; I admit to being a fan but I think he's clean. I can't stand Manny, but he gets his numbers from being a smart hitter, not from being ripped.

Hank was and still is the King.
  • Options
    Afraud is not clean. chaz
  • Options
    GonblottGonblott Posts: 1,951 ✭✭
    I guess Jose Canseco was right about A-Rod!
  • Options
    Chaz, I absolutely agree with you as I too lost money on some cases of '87 fleer raks. It was at that point that I decided I would never again buy '80s or newer crap. I now collect nothing later than '75 topps. At least this way nothing can hurt me accept a bad economy.
    "You tell 'em I'm coming...and hell's coming with me"--Wyatt Earp
  • Options

<< <i>Who is next?

PUJOLS ? >>

I thought Pujols was already a given. There have always been rumors about him and he learned from the best.
  • Options
    yankeeno7yankeeno7 Posts: 9,242 ✭✭✭
    Pujols would not ever be a surprise to me. How else can a guy play through his kind of elbow problems and still win MVP? You need extremely fast healing to keep that up. If that ever happens, look out to lose lots of money on those rookies! What would happen to the 2001 auto'd bowman chrome? ouch!
  • Options
    larryallen73larryallen73 Posts: 6,057 ✭✭✭
    I guess Jose Canseco was right about A-Rod!

Jose is LOVING this news. Probably selling more books. Too funny that Jose's book might have been accurate!
  • Options
    Re-watch the 60 Minutes 2007 interview with A-Rod. Click the video on the bottom.

Wow....

Video
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,543 ✭✭✭✭✭
    He may be an absolute jerk, but it appears now that Canseco has been totally vindicated when it comes to his allegations...He said also in his book that Griffey was clean, and I have no reason toi suspect that will change. At least I hope not..

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    get rid of them ALL!!! who needs any sport if its done ILLEGALLY! wake up AMERICA ..................
  • Options
    Griffey and Jeter I do believe are legit................clean as a whistle.

But if I ever hear anything about those two being involved with steroids............ baseball would be done for me.
  • Options
    When the Mitchell Report came out and I didn't see A-Rod's name on the list I really thought he was legit.

I am very surprised his name didn't surface on the report.
  • Options
    It might be prudent to sell a few high-dollar Arod cards, TODAY.

• Options
    AllenAllen Posts: 7,165 ✭✭✭
    Steroids? What steroids? Oh, I have had several injuries associated with steroid use? Um.....No hablamos ingles

• Options
    AllenAllen Posts: 7,165 ✭✭✭
    I think of every player in the steroid era the same as I think of every guy who has seen the penis enlargement infomercials on TV. Now imagine if those really worked and "Bob" from enzyte really was now packin and pullin all the ladies at the block party. You would not stand by and watch as your neighborhood turned into desperate housewives, you would get you some enzyte and go get yours. And that is what almost every player in that era did, some may have only dabbled in steroids, but VERY few wore their D.A.R.E. shirt from 6th grade and actually said no to drugs.
  • Options
    Though it wont save his new image, it could only help if ARod voluntarily submits to new urine AND blood tests for steroids.
  • Options

<< <i>It might be prudent to sell a few high-dollar Arod cards, TODAY. >>

In the process of listing right now.

What do you think is better................ 3 day listing or 5 day?
  • Options
    I have personally interracted with Albert Pujols at Pujols Family Foundation events since 2006, and I can honestly say that Muscle & Fitness cover has been altered/doctored/airbrushed. I am 6'3" and weigh 230lbs, and have a similar build to Albert. If anything, I am about 1/2" taller than he is, and a bit more toned/bigger in the chest/arms. Point being Pujols does not have those hulking muscles that the M & F magazine cover shows.

It is well known that magazines have altered pics to sell magazines. I remember some famous females have even had their faces placed on the body doubles for many magazine covers just to look better to boost potential sales of a product.

Here are much more accurate pics of the way Albert looks in person:

EDIT: fix pics
  • Options

<< <i>

In the process of listing right now.

What do you think is better................ 3 day listing or 5 day? >>

/////////////////////////

I think I would try BOTH.

I might use BINs with Best Offers on some, too. (Some of the offers
    will have "funny" messages in them.)

The hatred and sense of betrayal in the market will take a few days
    to catch fire.

There is still time to dump and buy back later for less.

• Options
    It isnt possible to tell from those Pujols pics when his sleeves cover his upper arms. That isnt convincing and looks more like a stretch of what you hope is true.
  • Options

<< <i>Chaz, I absolutely agree with you as I too lost money on some cases of '87 fleer raks. It was at that point that I decided I would never again buy '80s or newer crap. I now collect nothing later than '75 topps. At least this way nothing can hurt me accept a bad economy. >>

True, true. Bonds really screwed me.... like if he even knew about it ..... he could care less. chaz
  • Options

LISTEN to STORM. chaz