Home U.S. Coin Forum

I've just stumbled upon a discovery....how to add luster to a non-luster coin...

13»

Comments

• GrumpyEdGrumpyEd Posts: 4,749 ✭✭✭
    Can it restore luster to my old pickup? image
    Ed

• << <i>To my few negative commentators if you actually believed that I pmed Carol think again, why don't you just pm her and find out if I really did. The fact that you believed it is rather amusing. Just to set the record straight since that comment was made, I have never contacted to Carol and she has never contacted me in all my short time here, and that can be verified.

I liked goofing on MR Raw, too bad some of you were asleep, I on the other hand had absolutely nothing to do aside from hanging with my wife after putting the little one down and looking at some awesome coins and reading a great coin related book "Henry Voigt and others Involved With Amercia's Early Coinage" and checking out this great site. I don't drink anymore but I did in my younger years but yes it is tough to be me, 54 retired with a 4 year old and a 39 year old wife living in a great home, having a wonderful life and messing around on this forum when I have some free time.

I thoroughly enjoyed exposing the dumbarse for what he/she is, it was top notch detective work by me to uncover him/her but then he/she did make it rather easy, sorry you guys missed the action and you know who you are and sure we all can't be up to your level of intellect.

Maybe you my little group of naysayers really need to get a life or a wife or whatever until then have a good time with your coins.

imageimage >>

You had 11% of the posts before it got to 100 posts. The only dumbass you ever uncover is yourself.image
  • BlindedByEgoBlindedByEgo Posts: 10,754 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>I found a wayto turn silver into pork chips, FRESH CUT pork chops. I don't want to tell how because I can make money on it. I will submit my. Pork chops to the USDA for review. If they come back Choice, I will let you know. >>

Sorry but you will be disappointed....There are only two grades for pork chops (or chips) Acceptable and unacceptable

Buying Pork
    Like lamb, pork is generally produced from young
    animals and is, therefore, less variable in tenderness
    than beef. However, there is another reason why pork
    is less variable. Producers have responded to consumer
    demand by actually changing their feeding and
    management programs. They’ve even changed the
    genetic makeup of their breeding stock to consistently
    produce leaner carcasses. Also, most visible fat is
    trimmed off at the processing plant. Because of these
    changes, today’s fresh pork products have considerably
    less fat than they did just a decade ago.
    Because of this consistency, USDA grades for pork
    reflect only two levels of quality - Acceptable and
    Unacceptable. Acceptable quality pork is also graded
    for yield, i.e., the yield ratio of lean to waste. Unacceptable
    quality pork - which includes meat that is
    soft and watery - is graded U.S. Utility. >>

This is why pork is so dry when cooked like your parents cooked it. >>

I just like to say "pork".

Pork. Pork.

Pork pork pork pork pork.

There. I feel better now.

Pork.

<< <i>Ok, this is a little embarrasing. Last night when I started this post, I was 3 sheets to the wind,,. LOL...

Well, at least it was wine, so no big hangover. Geeesh.! I have alot to do today, so this will be breif and REVEALING.!!

First, I did enjoy reading everyones responses, funny thread. I was honest, in that last night I did take 3 coins from my collection, and THOUGHT that they were worn, BECAUSE they were dirty looking.....
    So, I wanted to expierament with them, (who hasnt tried it?). I figured they would still be worth melt value. Well, I did some reading around the internet about toning and so forth, and read that someone used "Dandruf Shampoo" to make their silver dollars rainbow tone, Well, I said, "I will try that"...

So, went and bought some.. (because I don't have dandruff, LOL)....

So, I put them on a plate, and and covered them completely with the shampoo, and put them in the oven on 250 for like 2-3hours, And yes, this is when I started to drink the wine as well. hehehe....
    Well, the stuff was smelling pretty good actually, and after awhile, I pulled them out, let them cool.....
    And washed them off (with hot tap water), and YES, they ALL were significantly more lusterious and BU.!, WELL guess what I realized ????

(Unfortunatly after I started this post that is.....lmao.!!)

I realized these coins were already "Dirty toned" , or naturally toned, whichever, they were dirty looking, BUT BU coins laying underneath !!

You see, I have never CLEANED a coin (Chemically at least), before, So, I had never seen a coin that had LOOKED dirty (and I thought worn)and then come out SHINY.!!
    You all probably have, and if you haven't, it's quite a shock to see this happen, lolol.....Sorry, I can't stop laughing over this.
    So, I wanted to just clear this all up. It goes to show we all learn something new, and this has taught me to look closer at a coin.
    So, give it a try...!! I don't think it hurt anything to the coin, but they do look great, and they are staying with me.

OH, and YES, I am still burying my coin collection.!! Have a great day ALL.!!! imageimageimage BTW - where is the spellcheck button? >>

So if you were drinking last night, what's your excuse today?
  • BearBear Posts: 18,953 ✭✭✭
    I hVE THE FORMULA TO TURN GOLD

INTO LEAD. jUST SEND ME $5 FOR

THE FORMULA.image
    There once was a place called
    Camelotimage

• << <i>Since you all believe it is not true...

I agree with you...

I was trashed, but I have no hard feelings... I just will keep it with me.

I tested it on 3 different surfeses,, coins, and I get a crusification.... no problem.....good night.. >>

from the way you spell I bet you were "TRASHED" image
    "If you hit a midget on the head with a stick, he turns into 40 gold coins." - Patty Oswalt
  • mozeppamozeppa Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭
    trashed...then thrashed!

at least he's taking it well.
  • cladkingcladking Posts: 28,540 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I hVE THE FORMULA TO TURN GOLD

INTO LEAD. jUST SEND ME $5 FOR

THE FORMULA.image >>

OK. If you'll send me all your gold first so I can send it back as lead bullion.* image

Sorry but this offer open only to the first 100 responders.
    1/2 Ozt minimum please.

Tempus fugit.

• << <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>To my few negative commentators if you actually believed that I pmed Carol think again, why don't you just pm her and find out if I really did. The fact that you believed it is rather amusing. Just to set the record straight since that comment was made, I have never contacted to Carol and she has never contacted me in all my short time here, and that can be verified.

I liked goofing on MR Raw, too bad some of you were asleep, I on the other hand had absolutely nothing to do aside from hanging with my wife after putting the little one down and looking at some awesome coins and reading a great coin related book "Henry Voigt and others Involved With Amercia's Early Coinage" and checking out this great site. I don't drink anymore but I did in my younger years but yes it is tough to be me, 54 retired with a 4 year old and a 39 year old wife living in a great home, having a wonderful life and messing around on this forum when I have some free time.

I thoroughly enjoyed exposing the dumbarse for what he/she is, it was top notch detective work by me to uncover him/her but then he/she did make it rather easy, sorry you guys missed the action and you know who you are and sure we all can't be up to your level of intellect.

Maybe you my little group of naysayers really need to get a life or a wife or whatever until then have a good time with your coins.

imageimage >>

You had 11% of the posts before it got to 100 posts. The only dumbass you ever uncover is yourself.image >>

Ken sweety I am glad that you did your little mathematics homework for the day, you really proved your point, and if I may you did very well and deserve a big golden star, now go run along jackarse and go play outside you deserve the break, hopefully the time you spent with percentages didn't wear you out too much. image Maybe later mom and dad will let you play with your little shiny coin setimage >>

Attention Whore..image
  • pic delete
    SPEED OF LIGHTNING....ROAR OF THUNDER.

SEMPER FI 2/11 1977-1981
    "LAS PULGAS" image
  • mozeppamozeppa Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭

yep!

made it completely "un-available!" image
  • DorkGirlDorkGirl Posts: 9,994 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>this is not wizzed by you unsruplious folk.......this is natural and true....

if you do not all control yourselfs, i may never reaveal it......so be nice.,,. >>

Unsruplious? >>

Reaveal?

Becky
  • itsnotjustmeitsnotjustme Posts: 8,777 ✭✭✭
    Despite the dandruf shampoo, I am still seeing a flake or two!
    Give Blood (Red Bags) & Platelets (Yellow Bags)!

• << <i>Ok, this is a little embarrasing. Last night when I started this post, I was 3 sheets to the wind,,. LOL...

Well, at least it was wine, so no big hangover. Geeesh.! I have alot to do today, so this will be breif and REVEALING.!!

First, I did enjoy reading everyones responses, funny thread. I was honest, in that last night I did take 3 coins from my collection, and THOUGHT that they were worn, BECAUSE they were dirty looking.....
    So, I wanted to expierament with them, (who hasnt tried it?). I figured they would still be worth melt value. Well, I did some reading around the internet about toning and so forth, and read that someone used "Dandruf Shampoo" to make their silver dollars rainbow tone, Well, I said, "I will try that"...

>>

So what you are saying is you put other peoples lives at risk driving drunk, just to get some damn shampoo.

• TavernTreasuresTavernTreasures Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Ok, this is a little embarrasing. Last night when I started this post, I was 3 sheets to the wind,,. LOL...

>>

So what you are saying is you put other peoples lives at risk driving drunk, just to get some damn shampoo. >>

Where did he say that?
    Advanced collector of BREWERIANA. Early beer advertising (beer cans, tap knobs, foam scrapers, trays, tin signs, lithos, paper, etc)....My first love...U.S. COINS!

• << <i>

<< <i>

>>

So what you are saying is you put other peoples lives at risk driving drunk, just to get some damn shampoo. >>

Where did he say that? >>

Yes, where did you read that???
  • rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Amazing, amusing and informative..... threads like this reveal so much about so many posters.....image Cheers, RickO
  • ArizonaJackArizonaJack Posts: 4,029 ✭✭✭
    This thread was funnier than SNL on a good nightimage
    " YOU SUCK " Awarded 5/18/08
  • Life got you down? Listen to John Coltrane.

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

>>

Where did he say that? >>

Yes, where did you read that??? >>

I can understand the assertion, but you have to make certain assumptions about the timeline to get there.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file