Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Resolved Ages Ago

Comments

• swartz1swartz1 Posts: 4,911 ✭✭✭
    wow - one can only imagine what he took out with his edit...but...post was needed....

Looking for 1970 MLB Photostamps
    - uncut

Positive Transactions - tennesseebanker, Ahmanfan, Donruss, Colebear, CDsNuts, rbdjr1, Downtown1974, yankeeno7, drewsef, mnolan, mrbud60, msassin, RipublicaninMass, AkbarClone, rustywilly, lsutigers1973, julen23 and nam812, plus many others...

• << <i>ENOUGH already. Jeezus. You're not getting the d*mn cards, and nobody cares anymore. This has got to the point where your intelligence now must come into question. AMAZING. I think you would wade through a pile of feces to get free cards. They're not coming. We dont care. We know that's not the point. We know its the "principle" (which is a lie). Sorry to sound harsh... but not really; enough is enough. >>

+1 for the new guy.
    Mike
  • WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    Hey Ruckus speak for yourself.

Some here may want to know.

Who the hell are you to speak for the forum?

Steve
    Good for you.
  • The only ones that may want to know cant type because of the straitjacket latches.
  • VitoCo1972VitoCo1972 Posts: 6,128 ✭✭✭
    When I was in my late teens I was a smoker - I know - dumb...but when I went back and looked at my childhood cards about a year ago, all the edges were yellow. SOOOO nasty. Fortunately I quit 8 years ago and only started collecting again 2 years ago. If only I had known then that I was ruining my cards. Fortunately, I didn't have any valuable cards since I grew up in the late 80's.
    They can do what you do, you use speech recognition software?

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Steve,
    Ruckus makes a good point.The guy is beating a dead horse.We all know what happen by now.Just stop dragging it out.
    Mike
  • Bottom9thBottom9th Posts: 2,695 ✭✭

<< <i>Steve,
    Ruckus makes a good point.The guy is beating a dead horse.We all know what happen by now.Just stop dragging it out.
    Mike >>

Agreed...Let it go...move on with your life!
    Some may disagree with that is all I am saying.

No one is forced to open threads.

Steve
    Good for you.
  • I think you mean most not some.
    Mike
  • Well i dont really care about this anymore either. The problem is that for all the positive transactions on these boards , why is it that the negative ones keep being updated. Why cant the great gestures and positive trades and buys be mentioned more often.

I really am sorry that this experience didnt turn out like it should have but after all this time i think its time to talk about something else.
    A collector of all things Braves
    Always looking for Chipper Jones cards.
    Im a very focused collector of cards from 1909 - 2012...LOL
  • PowderedH2OPowderedH2O Posts: 2,443 ✭✭
    Vito... How do I know that you have the same card addiction as me? You mention about the hazards of cigarette smoking and not one time do you mention the damage to your lungs or body, but merely what damage was done to your cards. That's a dedicated card collector there. Love it!!!
    Successful dealings with shootybabitt, LarryP, Doctor K, thedutymon, billsgridirongreats, fattymacs, shagrotn77, pclpads, JMDVM, gumbyfan, itzagoner, rexvos, al032184, gregm13, californiacards3, mccardguy1, BigDaddyBowman, bigreddog, bobbyw8469, burke23, detroitfan2, drewsef, jeff8877, markmac, Goldlabels, swartz1, blee1, EarlsWorld, gseaman25, kcballboy, jimrad, leadoff4, weinhold, Mphilking, milbroco, msassin, meteoriteguy, rbeaton and gameusedhoop.

<< <i>Vito... How do I know that you have the same card addiction as me? You mention about the hazards of cigarette smoking and not one time do you mention the damage to your lungs or body, but merely what damage was done to your cards. That's a dedicated card collector there. Love it!!! >>

Ok, that was hilarious...I think it's safe to say that I quit smoking years ago because of the health hazards, without regard for my cards... image

All I was saying was that I regret not considering my cards and smoking outside when I was younger..LOL.

But yes, former addictive smoker...now an addictive card collector.
  • benderbroethbenderbroeth Posts: 1,699 ✭✭
    btw my mother is on the home dialysis it is called paratenial (i am sure i mispelled it) a few weeks ago she had a tear in the peritinial cavity that made the fluid go to her into her lungs where she ended up getting out of breath after only walking like a few feet. she had to have sugery to go onto the hemo dialysis wich in 6 weeks or six months from now she will be able to do from home. in wich case i will have to stay with her somewhere from 2-3 hours each day 2-3 days a week. if people do not belive me i can take a photo of the machine she uses. or used.
    my t-205's

looking for low grade t205's psa 1-2
  • BarfvaderBarfvader Posts: 2,859 ✭✭✭✭
    I added a little more to it today whether it was right or wrong and if no one would post about how much they can't stand this it would drop to the bottom very quickly as I don't make a point to TTT everyday like some people tend to do.

My posting has been fairly civil but seems that some are being downright hostile. But that's what makes this a rather unique board as there are many different classes of people and sometimes those that are of a higher class have issues with us low class people.

If an eBay seller pulls crap it's lynch mob time. If a card isn't graded the way people think it should, it's lynch mob time. But if a member on here pulls something it aww he deserves another chance. Well then Gary deserves another chance as well doesn't he? I mean people are still harping on what he did but wait, what he did was for a higher dollar amount. Oh that's right, that makes a difference as my transaction was for a piddly little insignificant amount (which I have repeated myself over and over that it isn't about the money but some can't get past $10.)

And then the fcpowell situation was a good one as well. Guy goes MIA for a short time and everyone wants his head on a silver platter and he's outed as a bad seller within days where I waited two months to out this person.

And who is it that from time to time mentions the Ted Williams pack that is owed to him? Man that has got to be really irritating to see that posted every so often.

I've been a member here since 2005 and if anyone chooses to feel free to search through my posts. I am not a trouble maker and go out of my way to help others if I can with any of my limited knowledge that I have learned in my 40 years of life. I have had a few other transaction on here that didn't go 100% smoothly but the difference in those compared to this is clearly the sellers made good and didn't make excuse after excuse. They were men of their word and did the right thing.

I make no more apologies other then the ones I made throughout this thread and if you want this thread to die out and drop to the bottom then please feel free to stop adding to it.
  • I'm still a smoker and I do not smoke anywhere near my kids or my cards.
  • calaban7calaban7 Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I'm still a smoker and I do not smoke anywhere near my kids or my cards. >>

Aren't you the guy that watches smokers ?
    " In a time of universal deceit , telling the truth is a revolutionary act " --- George Orwell
  • benderbroethbenderbroeth Posts: 1,699 ✭✭
    here is the funny thing..i dont smoke and i jave had those holders for years.....
    my t-205's

looking for low grade t205's psa 1-2
    Edward you don't have to take a photo to prove anything about your personal life as that's personal and has no bearing on this matter.

I can go on about my 73 year old mother as well and the problems she is having but it also has no bearing on this and isn't anyones business.

I sincerely hope your mother gets better and wish her all the best.
  • MeteoriteGuyMeteoriteGuy Posts: 7,140 ✭✭
    While it is only March....I think we have a forerunner for worst thread of the year.
    Collecting PSA graded Steve Young, Marcus Allen, Bret Saberhagen and 1980s Topps Cards.
    Raw: Tony Gonzalez (low #'d cards, and especially 1/1's) and Steve Young.

<< <i>While it is only March....I think we have a forerunner for worst thread of the year. >>

Cool. What prize do I get. image

<< <i>

<< <i>While it is only March....I think we have a forerunner for worst thread of the year. >>

Cool. What prize do I get. image >>

I can send you a bunch of yellowed 1990-91 Hoops sets from my Glory Days of smoking! image
  • Can we find a train wreckier?

• << <i>I added a little more to it today whether it was right or wrong and if no one would post about how much they can't stand this it would drop to the bottom very quickly as I don't make a point to TTT everyday like some people tend to do.

My posting has been fairly civil but seems that some are being downright hostile. But that's what makes this a rather unique board as there are many different classes of people and sometimes those that are of a higher class have issues with us low class people.

If an eBay seller pulls crap it's lynch mob time. If a card isn't graded the way people think it should, it's lynch mob time. But if a member on here pulls something it aww he deserves another chance. Well then Gary deserves another chance as well doesn't he? I mean people are still harping on what he did but wait, what he did was for a higher dollar amount. Oh that's right, that makes a difference as my transaction was for a piddly little insignificant amount (which I have repeated myself over and over that it isn't about the money but some can't get past $10.)

And then the fcpowell situation was a good one as well. Guy goes MIA for a short time and everyone wants his head on a silver platter and he's outed as a bad seller within days where I waited two months to out this person.

And who is it that from time to time mentions the Ted Williams pack that is owed to him? Man that has got to be really irritating to see that posted every so often.

I've been a member here since 2005 and if anyone chooses to feel free to search through my posts. I am not a trouble maker and go out of my way to help others if I can with any of my limited knowledge that I have learned in my 40 years of life. I have had a few other transaction on here that didn't go 100% smoothly but the difference in those compared to this is clearly the sellers made good and didn't make excuse after excuse. They were men of their word and did the right thing.

I make no more apologies other then the ones I made throughout this thread and if you want this thread to die out and drop to the bottom then please feel free to stop adding to it. >>

If Iam not mistaken you owe Allen the Williams pack.Maybe he should start a thread about not getting what he thought was owed to him like you are.You don't like to hear so why are you beating a dead horse still?
    Mike
    P.S. send the man his Williams pack already.It was a deal after all.Isn't this what this stupid thread is all about?Morals not dollars right?So when will you be sending the pack?

<< <i>If Iam not mistaken you owe Allen the Williams pack.Maybe he should start a thread about not getting what he thought was owed to him like you are.You don't like to hear so why are you beating a dead horse still?
    Mike
    P.S. send the man his Williams pack already.It was a deal after all.Isn't this what this stupid thread is all about?Morals not dollars right?So when will you be sending the pack? >>

Sorry dude but your 100% mistaken. You might want to check your facts before attacking.
  • ElemenopeoElemenopeo Posts: 2,577 ✭✭

<< <i>If Iam not mistaken you owe Allen the Williams pack. >>

You're mistaken.

• 123Slider123Slider Posts: 851 ✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>If Iam not mistaken you owe Allen the Williams pack. >>

You're mistaken. >>

Very mistaken....
    The best pitch to start a hitter off with is always strike one.
  • Fair enough then I am mistaken about the name.Change the name and the story stays the same.
    Mike

<< <i>Fair enough then I am mistaken about the name.Change the name and the story stays the same.
    Mike >>

Yeah and a real man would apologize for making false statements when he had no evidence to back his claim like you just did.

And the search function works wonders on here as I did find who it was within seconds of looking.
  • Ok I am sorry that I told you that you are an idiot for dragging the thread the mud.And my bad about confusing the names.You are still beating a dead horse.Get over it.I told you if wanted VG 71's that I would send them to you to get you to shut up but now I am afraid my freebie sending ettiquete(sp?) would be rediculed in it's own thread also.But seriously if those beat up 71's mean that much to you then pm me but only under the premise that you never bring this bs of a thread back up again.
    Mike
  • theczartheczar Posts: 1,590 ✭✭
    judging from his tag line i think he has a lot in common with BO. although i am not sure what dream he was talking about.

<< <i>Ok I am sorry that I told you that you are an idiot for dragging the thread the mud.And my bad about confusing the names.You are still beating a dead horse.Get over it.I told you if wanted VG 71's that I would send them to you to get you to shut up but now I am afraid my freebie sending ettiquete(sp?) would be rediculed in it's own thread also.But seriously if those beat up 71's mean that much to you then pm me but only under the premise that you never bring this bs of a thread back up again.
    Mike >>

You don't get it do you? If I told you I was going to send you something I would 100% send it to you without excuses after excuses. It's called honoring your word which it's clear that that is a bizarre and unheard of concept in this day and age.

And why so hostile? I don't know you from a hole in the ground yet you've pegged me as an idiot when you don't even know me.

<< <i>judging from his tag line i think he has a lot in common with BO. although i am not sure what dream he was talking about.

image >>

That has completely gone over my head as I don't have a clue on that post. image

• << <i>

<< <i>Ok I am sorry that I told you that you are an idiot for dragging the thread the mud.And my bad about confusing the names.You are still beating a dead horse.Get over it.I told you if wanted VG 71's that I would send them to you to get you to shut up but now I am afraid my freebie sending ettiquete(sp?) would be rediculed in it's own thread also.But seriously if those beat up 71's mean that much to you then pm me but only under the premise that you never bring this bs of a thread back up again.
    Mike >>

You don't get it do you? If I told you I was going to send you something I would 100% send it to you without excuses after excuses. It's called honoring your word which it's clear that that is a bizarre and unheard of concept in this day and age.

And why so hostile? I don't know you from a hole in the ground yet you've pegged me as an idiot when you don't even know me. >>

I pegged you as an idoit because we all see how he handled the situation and yet you keep dragging it out.We all get the point.Now get over it and move on.What don't you get?
    Mike
    That I want my 2.00 clip was hilarious.

Steve
    Good for you.
  • swartz1swartz1 Posts: 4,911 ✭✭✭
    that is what I was thinking too...

lets keep this at the top...

Looking for 1970 MLB Photostamps
    - uncut

Positive Transactions - tennesseebanker, Ahmanfan, Donruss, Colebear, CDsNuts, rbdjr1, Downtown1974, yankeeno7, drewsef, mnolan, mrbud60, msassin, RipublicaninMass, AkbarClone, rustywilly, lsutigers1973, julen23 and nam812, plus many others...
  • pandrewspandrews Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭

<< <i>
    I pegged as an idoit >>

LOL
    ·p_A·
  • the 1st long thread i ever read, thats funny from either side and i dont even know anybodyimage
  • nightcrawlernightcrawler Posts: 5,110 ✭✭
    Couldn't remember if I cared here..

The memory stick must be full up???
  • The guys asked over at Net54 that this be posted on CU, however I think we already knew some of this

"Just wanted to give everyone a heads up that board member, benderbroeth, Edward Broeth, is not someone to be trusted. On Nov 17 I paid him $185 via paypal for a lot of cards he was trying to sell. To date I have received nothing and none of the 4 emails I have sent have been responded to. Edward has not logged onto Net 54 since completing the transaction with me but has been active on PSA's board under the same id, benderbroeth. Maybe someone reading this is also member over there and wants to warn those folks in case Edward has more to "sell".

The contact info I have for Edward is:

XXX

Hoping this will prevent someone else from getting robbed by this guy. It is a shame that someone actually places their reputation on any amount of money but for $185???? Seems Edward needs much more than money."
    I have no dog in this fight and I'm not saying this to in anyway refute the claim of the Net54 collector...

I've had two dealing with Ed, one cash and one trade. Both went smoothly.

Hope this works out for all involved.
  • calaban7calaban7 Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭
    Give the guy a break . Maybe he just goggled or youtubed " climate change hoax " and realized we have been seriously lied to, and then realized the world isn't going to end in 2012 . Now he's confused.

Like most of America.
    " In a time of universal deceit , telling the truth is a revolutionary act " --- George Orwell
  • storm888storm888 Posts: 11,701 ✭✭✭
    "...On Nov 17 I paid him $185 via paypal for a lot of cards he was trying to sell...."

//////////////////////////////////

I guess that means "eight days ago."

That is not very long, unless one is pretty impatient.
    Folks Who Bite Get Bitten. Folks Who Don't Bite Get Eaten.
  • baseballfanbaseballfan Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭
    i just purchased ed's T206 cards, it took about 3 weeks to get the cards. it could be a little frustrating waiting for cards when you send an instant payment. i think it should take about 7 days at the latest but thats me. but i did get the cards and he was in communication with me, but i'm not sure what the hold up was.

hope it works out for everyone
    Fred

collecting RAW Topps baseball cards 1952 Highs to 1972. looking for collector grade (somewhere between psa 4-7 condition). let me know what you have, I'll take it, I want to finish sets, I must have something you can use for trade.

looking for Topps 71-72 hi's-62-53-54-55-59, I have these sets started

• perkdogperkdog Posts: 30,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    No offense Ted, but I would have told the guy to post it himself. I know your not a pot-stirrer so again no offense to you.
  • nam812nam812 Posts: 10,574 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yayerness.
  • TabeTabe Posts: 6,014 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>"...On Nov 17 I paid him $185 via paypal for a lot of cards he was trying to sell...."

//////////////////////////////////

I guess that means "eight days ago."

That is not very long, unless one is pretty impatient. >>

Yeah, really, don't see a problem here. If they went first class, and not priority, 8 days isn't even unusual. Longer than normal, sure. But not unusual at all.

And I would also agree that if somebody wants something posted over here, they should sack up and do it themselves.

Tabe
  • SidePocketSidePocket Posts: 2,901 ✭✭✭
    I'm not a big buyer but I've never even come close to waiting 3 weeks for a card, and if that's what I had to wait I'd block that seller in a minute.

"Molon Labe"