Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Resolved Ages Ago

Comments

• << <i>as for the originla post i spent a long time trying to get the 71's all figured out and told him what was goin on all along.i have been really busy. i realized in part that i screwed up and nothing was intentional and all alone barfvader said he was ok with the delay,..that is something he did not mention. >>

Dude,

How long does it take to figure out you are going to stiff a guy on extra cards you promised?

We really need to clean house around here with all the bad seeds.
  • tennesseebankertennesseebanker Posts: 5,433 ✭✭✭
    Did Elston Howard have a grill in the 55 ??

• BarfvaderBarfvader Posts: 2,859 ✭✭✭✭
    Guess it's my fault as I did say I wasn't in a hurry back on Nov 24th 2008 but I also didn't think it would take two months.

But like I said it's all my fault.

• tennesseebankertennesseebanker Posts: 5,433 ✭✭✭
    Why do I get the impression that Benderbroeth may actually be the guy in his avatar ??

• i will send out the 71's aqnd the 56's
    my t-205's

looking for low grade t205's psa 1-2

• << <i>i will send out the 71's aqnd the 56's >>

This is not going to end well....

• cpettimdcpettimd Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭
    Benderbroeth states that he is going to make it up to me, and make me whole. I am going to give the guy a break, and a second chance. I will say no more about this.
    Collecting Clemente master (#6) and basic PSA registry sets, Hank Aaron master and basic sets, Mantle oddball issues, 1970's mega decade HOFs, 1967 Topps pin ups, and high grade Topps Clemente and Aaron. Numerous transactions with over 100 board members.
  • AhmanfanAhmanfan Posts: 4,380 ✭✭✭✭
    Bender- make sure to ship the cards properly. If you need suggestions on ways to ship a group of cards like that, ask the board.
    John
    Collecting
    HOF SIGNED FOOTBALL RCS
  • trust me i will next time..and as a side note this is the last time i try to find extra stuff to throw in with any purchase since i was trying to do a good deed...i did have a very busy christmas and some personal issues...i should have sent the 55's then later sent the extras..or not have even bptherd trying to get him extras.
    my t-205's

• TNP777TNP777 Posts: 5,711 ✭✭✭
    Procrastination happens - we all understand that. Lord knows I'm pretty guilty of it myself. It took forever to for me to send Bill a freebie he claimed from the A&G thread, then I missed out on the group sub that Bill put together, and then I dawdled around and just barely got some cards to Nick for a sub. Honest communication is the key, plus following through on what you said you were going to do.

Oh, and from one Blazers fan to another, please change your sig - they're now 25-16.

edit: ugh, just noticed the Cavs are in town. Could be 25-17 in a hurry. Hoping for 26-16, though.
  • oh and i am sorry i took so long.
    my t-205's

• yeah James had 26 after 3 quaters....and with 9 mins left the cavs are up by 3
    my t-205's

• WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    Wasn't the postage on the box the 71's came in?

Steve
    Good for you.
  • i was not able to find it. and i did look.
    my t-205's

Oh, you couldn't find the 71's that is why you didn't include them?

Maybe the mailman stole them?

Steve
    Good for you.
  • i was not able to find the cost of the postage. and part of my problem with the 71's is they got misplaced and i had them organized in piles that got rearanged during christmas and some got put in my set others did not and i have just not had the time to re sort the piles and figure out wich were doubles and not. i will say that it was indeed my fault for trying to do a nice thing and taking to long i will never try to do a nioce thing for anyone again. yes i screwed up but it was not intentional making this thread was intentionla , trying to make me out to look bad was intentional. i am truely sorry i got busy.
    my t-205's

• << <i>i was not able to find the cost of the postage. and part of my problem with the 71's is they got misplaced and i had them organized in piles that got rearanged during christmas and some got put in my set others did not and i have just not had the time to re sort the piles and figure out wich were doubles and not. i will say that it was indeed my fault for trying to do a nice thing and taking to long i will never try to do a nioce thing for anyone again. yes i screwed up but it was not intentional making this thread was intentionla , trying to make me out to look bad was intentional. i am truely sorry i got busy. >>

It has nothing to do with doing nice things for others, it has everything to do with following through with your word and processing your transactions in a timely manner. You said you were going to give the OP these extra cards to make up for less than stellar shipping times on the original purchase. It had nothing to do with being nice, and everything to do with not holding up your end of the deal. Consciences are funny things, and your's actually kicked in when you realized you were in the wrong. Of course the same conscience now seems to be on vacation once again while you rationalize away the situation. I find it hard to believe in 2 months you did not have the time to pack up a shipment. Sheesh!

J
    i was not able to find the cost of the postage. and part of my problem with the 71's is they got misplaced and i had them organized in piles that got rearanged during christmas and some got put in my set others did not and i have just not had the time to re sort the piles and figure out wich were doubles and not. i will say that it was indeed my fault for trying to do a nice thing and taking to long i will never try to do a nioce thing for anyone again. yes i screwed up but it was not intentional making this thread was intentionla , trying to make me out to look bad was intentional. i am truely sorry i got busy.

Is this what they call malarky?

Steve
    Good for you.
  • swartz1swartz1 Posts: 4,911 ✭✭✭
    Wow...this feels like high school...

Looking for 1970 MLB Photostamps
    - uncut

Positive Transactions - tennesseebanker, Ahmanfan, Donruss, Colebear, CDsNuts, rbdjr1, Downtown1974, yankeeno7, drewsef, mnolan, mrbud60, msassin, RipublicaninMass, AkbarClone, rustywilly, lsutigers1973, julen23 and nam812, plus many others...

• << <i>My Boys and I made a trade more than a month ago, sent money & a graded card... so far, we have received nothing and I don't expect we ever will. >>

Tongue biting no more.

I was not involved in this transaction but know the story and quite frankly, it was none of my business. Cards in the above mentioned transaction were delivered with USPS delivery confirmation number.
    Edward.

Let's see,
    1. You were trying to be nice. (Well that's nice and I can appreciate that)
    2. You had a very busy Christmas. (Um yeah so did I but I paid for the cards before Thanksgiving)
    3. You had personal problems. (Sorry about that but how does that pertain to a business transaction where I fulfilled my part in getting the payment to you in 3 days and it took you 2 months to partially fulfill your part?)

yes i screwed up but it was not intentional making this thread was intentionla , trying to make me out to look bad was intentional.

I've been a member of this board for 4 years and feel this is a fairly tight knit community and if the transaction had gone smoothly and all items that were promised to be included had been in the package when I opened it (Even at two months later) I would have still made the thread but it would have shown that even though you were slow that you came through. You unfortunately did not and only you truly know why.

So my intent was to show this community how badly this transaction went. My intent doesn't make you look bad but your actions in this does and that falls squarely on your shoulders.

• bobbybakerivbobbybakeriv Posts: 2,186 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i> ... trying to make me out to look bad was intentional. >>

You did that to yourself. This whole thing is ridiculous and you should stop making transactions as your word is no good.
  • IronmanfanIronmanfan Posts: 5,458 ✭✭✭✭
    If you recall, he blamed not getting the Secret Santa Gift out in time due to the weather.
    Successful dealings with Wcsportscards94558, EagleEyeKid, SamsGirl214, Volver, DwayneDrain, Oaksey25, Griffins, Cardfan07, Etc.
  • cwazzycwazzy Posts: 3,257

<< <i>

<< <i> ... trying to make me out to look bad was intentional. >>

You did that to yourself. This whole thing is ridiculous and you should stop making transactions as your word is no good. >>

It would be one thing if this was an isolated incident but it isn't. The same thing also happened with the Secret Santa. So it's not like this one transaction is tarnishing your name. This may have just added fuel to the fire.

Chris
    Chris
    My small collection
    Want List:
    '61 Topps Roy Campanella in PSA 5-7
    Cardinal T206 cards
    Adam Wainwright GU Jersey
  • I tipped the waitress $10 yesterday, even though she was useless, and ugly.
    A leopard does not lose its spots.

Steve
    Good for you.
  • billwaltonsbeardbillwaltonsbeard Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I tipped the waitress $10 yesterday, even though she was useless, and ugly. >>

Just a butter face? or the whole deal?
  • lawnmowermanlawnmowerman Posts: 19,477 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>A leopard does not lose its spots.

Steve >>

And a Grasshopper will always hop unless someone steps on it.

• << <i>

Just a butter face? or the whole deal? >>

Aw don't get me started. image

• << <i>And a Grasshopper will always hop unless someone steps on it. >>

You have learned much young Carl,

soon you will no longer need your sharpened lawnmower blade.

$10 ???

maybe this will get locked also...

- uncut

Positive Transactions - tennesseebanker, Ahmanfan, Donruss, Colebear, CDsNuts, rbdjr1, Downtown1974, yankeeno7, drewsef, mnolan, mrbud60, msassin, RipublicaninMass, AkbarClone, rustywilly, lsutigers1973, julen23 and nam812, plus many others...

<< <i>$10 ??? >>

Don't get what your saying??

• nam812nam812 Posts: 10,574 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I tipped the waitress $10 yesterday, even though she was useless, and ugly. >>

But how much was the check? That's the question.
  • sfmays24sfmays24 Posts: 1,002 ✭✭
    lsutigers1973,

You wrote....

"Tongue biting no more.

I was not involved in this transaction but know the story and quite frankly, it was none of my business. Cards in the above mentioned transaction were delivered with USPS delivery confirmation number."

Did you read thr following before posting?

Tuesday January 20, 2009 3:24 PM Message OptionsSubscribe to ThreadE-Mail ThreadPrivate Message UserPrint Thread

Sorry for the confusion (Matt)... our trade was with a different member.

He shipped the cards 5 weeks ago, but we have yet to receive them... lost in the mail, mis-delivered, ?

Mike
    ===

I'm not sure what you were told about this transaction, but I agree it's none of your business... I never named the sender because it's not his fault. You might want to check with jimq112 who will tell you items were delivered with confirmation numbers to the wrong address a lot during the X'mas season.

One last note, the delivery time was more than 1 hour before I received my mail that day and I picked my mail up within 1 minute and there was no package... I don't really understand the purpose of your post, but you do not know the story at all.

Mike

<< <i>Benderbroeth states that he is going to make it up to me, and make me whole. I am going to give the guy a break, and a second chance. I will say no more about this. >>

So how did this work out for you?

Oh wait I see you said you wouldn't say anymore about it.
    so this was resolved?

that is fantastic news...

- uncut

<< <i>so this was resolved?

that is fantastic news... >>

Supposedly it was for the guy that sent him the 71's but nothing on my end.
    so...why is the name of the thread...

Thanks benderbroeth. Cards Finally Got Here 2 Months After Payment Made

?? this is confusing??

- uncut

<< <i>so...why is the name of the thread...

Thanks benderbroeth. Cards Finally Got Here 2 Months After Payment Made

?? this is confusing?? >>

Not confusing at all if you read it but it is a lot to take in.

Short version.

I purchased a lot of 55 Bowman beaters and he received payment before Thanksgiving.
    He said he would add some 56 Topps beaters to the lot.
    Then he said if I would wait awhile longer he would add some 71 Topps that someone gave him for free but then said he didn't have the time to sort them but would included the 56's when he sent the package.
    Then finally after two months they show up packaged like this
    and the 56's that were promised to be in the package were not included.

Point of the thread was simply to let others know how what should have been a simple transaction went on and on with one excuse after another and in the end what was promised was not fully delivered.

Hope that helps clear up the title of the thread.
    yeah...lets continue to bury this guy...

probably feels bad enough about $10 and a bunch of free cards...

- uncut

It's not about $10 and never was.

It's about honoring the part of the deal he made and didn't follow through. He also was part of the Secret Santa and had problems of delivering the goods in a timely manner.

Guess I'm a strange person in that if I say I'm going to deliver something in a transaction be it a free item or a high dollar amount I believe in following through with full delivery in a timely manner. But maybe I live in a fairy tale world.
    Three days after I contacted Benderbroeth ( and gave him another chance) ; I received an intact bubble mailer with securely packed cards. Some of which are pictured below. I thanked him, and I am satisfied with the transaction (even though there was a long delay).

Collecting Clemente master (#6) and basic PSA registry sets, Hank Aaron master and basic sets, Mantle oddball issues, 1970's mega decade HOFs, 1967 Topps pin ups, and high grade Topps Clemente and Aaron. Numerous transactions with over 100 board members.
  • you know with the new psa feb. special you can get those graded for only $7 each
    my t-205's

There is a 10 card minimum on that Feb special. I only have 2 pre 55 cards. If you want to do any more trades Ed. PM me. Thanks

<< <i>Three days after I contacted Benderbroeth ( and gave him another chance) ; I received an intact bubble mailer with securely packed cards. Some of which are pictured below. I thanked him, and I am satisfied with the transaction (even though there was a long delay).

image >>

Glad it worked out for you and that your satisfied. Nice cards BTW.
  • bobbyw8469bobbyw8469 Posts: 7,139 ✭✭✭
    Not the sabotage this thread, but that dude (bendorbreath) gives all us honest sellers a bad name....I sell my cards way cheaper than some of those other guys (namely red zone, 707, and BMWsportcards), I package securely and ship out next day! I would LOVE to get the business! Someone that is that laxadasical (especially in this economy) doesnt deserve the time of day!
  • rbdjr1rbdjr1 Posts: 4,474 ✭✭

<< <i>trust me i will next time..and as a side note this is the last time i try to find extra stuff to throw in with any purchase since i was trying to do a good deed...i did have a very busy christmas and some personal issues...i should have sent the 55's then later sent the extras..or not have even bptherd trying to get him extras. >>

Up in Smoke Trailer

• gumbyfangumbyfan Posts: 5,168 ✭✭✭
  • gumbyfangumbyfan Posts: 5,168 ✭✭✭