Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

We Are The Denver Mint !

124»

Comments

• Options
    dcarrdcarr Posts: 8,045 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I found a 1988-P Kennedy 180 degree rotated reverse in a mint set I purchased from the mint. I traded it for a proof 63 1950 Franklin half, back ina day. >>

Nice, I've never heard of that one.
  • Options

Thanks for sharing, this is fascinating.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>I found a 1988-P Kennedy 180 degree rotated reverse in a mint set I purchased from the mint. I traded it for a proof 63 1950 Franklin half, back ina day. >>

Nice, I've never heard of that one. >>

It was publicised at the time, after it was found. I had ordered only one 1988 mint set, so I took a look and was quite surprised to find the rotated reverse. Wish I had ordered more.
  • Options
    BroadstruckBroadstruck Posts: 30,497 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Obv / Rev image of the 1964-D Peace $1 on your site is wild! image
    To Err Is Human.... To Collect Err's Is Just Too Much Darn Tootin Fun!
  • Options
    SCDHunterSCDHunter Posts: 686 ✭✭✭
    TTT for those who missed this the first time around.image
  • Options
    Mr Lindy Mr Lindy Posts: 988 ✭✭✭✭✭

Great Thread !

Lindy

• Options
    ThunderproofThunderproof Posts: 40 ✭✭✭

@LindyS said:
    Great Thread !

Lindy

Thanks for bringing this back to the front page so I could see it! Really cool thread with so much detail. Love it.

• Options
    OldIndianNutKaseOldIndianNutKase Posts: 2,700 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 8, 2017 9:58PM

This is the best resurrectioon of a post that I have seen lately. The machines that produce coins are not as significant as are the coins themselves, but the process of producing coins should be of interest to all collectors. Daniel Carr provides a unique insight to the minting process, and I thank him for his efforts.

OINK

• Options
    BryceMBryceM Posts: 11,746 ✭✭✭✭✭

Never saw this thread before. Very cool. I imagine the old gal takes a bit of TLC from time to time to keep her in top shape.

• Options
    CascadeChrisCascadeChris Posts: 2,522 ✭✭✭✭✭

How time flies when you're havin' fun hey Dan :wink:

The more you VAM..
  • Options
    ParadisefoundParadisefound Posts: 8,588 ✭✭✭✭✭

@dcarr said:
    << <i>All I can say is WOW!!! Where did you learn how to troubleshoot/repair the coin press?

And how much are these beauties?
    >>

Thanks !
    I have a BS degree in Mechanical Engineering. Experiece from working on old cars in the past helped a lot too.

PS:
    I don't have them on my shopping cart site yet, but there is a "printable" price list link on the www.moonlightmint.com home page

Almost 9yrs later.....Congrats on your accomplishment! Thank you for expressing your art in this medium.
    It is a great pleasure being entertained by a few outside the usual "box"
    Mahalo Dan!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file