Home Precious Metals

What have you bought with bullion?

CladiatorCladiator Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭✭
What, if anything, have you purchased directly with bullion or directly with funds raised by selling bullion for a purchase. For me, only one thing.

I bought this Smith & Wesson Model 586-7 limited edition 7 shot .357 Magnum revolver. It's got Grashorn Elk Stag grips and is paired with a Boker Stag handeled hunting knife. The two make up my mountain carry package and were bought with the proceeds of a 90% silver lot that I sold specifically to purchase them.

Comments

• When silver was at around $18.00 this past summer, I traded $36.50 face in 90% silver halves for a beautiful 14kt gold byzantine style necklace for my wife. The necklace had a melt value of about $80 less than the halves at that time. I'll never forget when she came home that afternoon and I handed it to her. Her eyes lit up and she asked how much we paid for it. I proudly proclaimed "$36.50!", and the look on her face was PRICELESS!!! Of course, when I let her in on the true exchange, we both had a good chuckle.
  • mkman123mkman123 Posts: 6,849 ✭✭✭✭
    beautiful revolver!!!
    Successful Buying and Selling transactions with:

Many members on this forum that now it cannot fit in my signature. Please ask for entire list.
  • I bought a 9mm semi auto for $10 in peace dollars and a Mossberg 12ga pump with $17 in Franklin halves. Have purchased few other things with bullion but nothing major.
    Its all relative
  • OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cash...cash...& more cash ... I also use cash to buy bullion & have done so regularily in the last 2 month. ( I also did buy the buffalo proof & unc. fractionals from the Mint )
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • DorkGirlDorkGirl Posts: 9,994 ✭✭✭
    I bought some gold with silver....image
    Becky
  • GTOsterGTOster Posts: 860 ✭✭✭
    I turned in a bunch of copper and alum Last summer
    And bought Silver
    Does that count image
    Paul
  • Awesome!!

• Last summer I paid for a hair cut and shave with a 1921D Morgan.
    Pecunia in arbotis non crescit.
  • CaptHenwayCaptHenway Posts: 31,499 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I used to buy large Hershey bars for a silver dime each, but that was back in 1964..........
    Numismatist. 50 year member ANA. Winner of four ANA Heath Literary Awards; three Wayte and Olga Raymond Literary Awards; Numismatist of the Year Award 2009, and Lifetime Achievement Award 2020. Winner numerous NLG Literary Awards.
  • Coll3ctorColl3ctor Posts: 3,310 ✭✭✭
    My biggest thing would be that I paid my 2008 property tax bill from some of the profit I made on my 2008/2009 maple leaf bullion flips. Not very fun and nothing to show for but a paper receipt image
  • fcfc Posts: 12,788 ✭✭✭

<< <i>My biggest thing would be that I paid my 2008 property tax bill from some of the profit I made on my 2008/2009 maple leaf bullion flips. Not very fun and nothing to show for but a paper receipt image >>

i blew most of my profits on gifts for my family. i did more shopping this
    year in MI then i did in the last two! I did my part to prop up that
    local economy ;-)
  • MJPHELANMJPHELAN Posts: 760 ✭✭✭
    Peace of mind in a troubled economy.
    Mark
  • secondrepublicsecondrepublic Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Peace of mind in a troubled economy. >>

Well said!
    "Men who had never shown any ability to make or increase fortunes for themselves abounded in brilliant plans for creating and increasing wealth for the country at large." Fiat Money Inflation in France, Andrew Dickson White (1912)
  • vplitevplite Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭
    Freedom! My X got all of the proceeds from the sale of my bullion silver.
    The Golden Rule: Those with the gold make the rules.
  • 57loaded57loaded Posts: 4,967 ✭✭✭
    i am trying to sell other depreciating assets or assets that aren't going anywhere in a depressed market and buying bullion.

some slabbed coins for bullion, etc. but not the other way around.
  • BigE2BigE2 Posts: 1,037
    I used to trade a fellow my junk silver for his hardwood lumber.
  • tggrtggr Posts: 748
    Had a new roof done with bullion
  • fishcookerfishcooker Posts: 3,446 ✭✭
    Free fishing trip after shorting silver above $20, covered too soon though. That's what happens when word gets out that they are biting!
  • The to boot price for my 2006 GTO was funded with bullion sales.image
  • renman95renman95 Posts: 7,037 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very nice Clad. My purchase is not so fancy but it keeps the passengers and me safe.
    Current weapon of choice bought will bullion.

Ren