Home Precious Metals

Finished product photos!!! (obverse die finally arrived)

Here it is fellas. This is what your bars will look like, you already know the reverse carries a 4 digit serial number. All paid orders will ship this Saturday. If you have not yet paid, please PM me for the details. Thanks to all who had an interest in my project. I hope you guys enjoy your new collectibiles!!!

Comments

• 57loaded57loaded Posts: 4,967 ✭✭✭
    a lotta effort went into that!image

work on your color balance for eBay and you have it....
  • SmittysSmittys Posts: 9,876 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Top looks good
    15 G looks not so good

• << <i>Top looks good
    15 G looks not so good >>

Smitty, the photo is less than flattering. The "15G" does look sort of primitive in the photo, but the bar is pleasing in the hand.
  • very nice. Can't wait to get them.
    Its all relative
  • That's the funniest looking Gecko I've ever seen. image
    imageQuid pro quo. Yes or no?
  • 57loaded57loaded Posts: 4,967 ✭✭✭

<< <i>That's the funniest looking Gecko I've ever seen. image >>

you see the distended belly of the bird/eagle?...the gecko is in there, squirmin'

imageQuid pro quo. Yes or no?
  • CaptHenwayCaptHenway Posts: 31,499 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cute. Looks like the Half Disme eagle.
    TD
    Numismatist. 50 year member ANA. Winner of four ANA Heath Literary Awards; three Wayte and Olga Raymond Literary Awards; Numismatist of the Year Award 2009, and Lifetime Achievement Award 2020. Winner numerous NLG Literary Awards.
  • CladiatorCladiator Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • I wonder how many Cinman will buy.image

• << <i>I wonder how many Cinman will buy.image >>

At 3x's melt for an off brand bar I can't help but think of a famous quote:

"A fool and his money are soon departed". image

Good luck to you Phil... And have a Merry Christmas. Don't forget the link to your auctions.
    And remember to leave the shill bidding at home....image

Now go fight them fires...
  • I see you have listed a few on eBay. anxious to see how they do.
    Its all relative
  • mkman123mkman123 Posts: 6,849 ✭✭✭✭
    link? I want to follow how well the ones on ebay do. If they don't do well, Gecko will owe us a refund imageimage
    Successful Buying and Selling transactions with:

Many members on this forum that now it cannot fit in my signature. Please ask for entire list.
  • I'm guessing they sell between $20-$30
    Its all relative
  • adamlaneusadamlaneus Posts: 6,969 ✭✭✭
    And I thought they looked cool in the unadorned state, like so many loaves of bread.

The finished product is even better, I think!

Of course you need to stick with it, build a company, and become a player in the silver bar market.

Then these "v0.1" bars will be extra valuable!

I bet this was a small boatload of work, actually.
  • Adam, it was quite a bit of work/effort getting these to come out like they did, and even more was I have a tidy little sum of cash now tied up in equipment/supplies (despite what Cinman tries to tell youimage). But it was fun, I have got to admit.

Rick, your $20-$30 guess on the "ebay" sales is probably dead on. I figure they will sell there for a bit more than what I offered them to you guys for. At what point do I reach a "saturation level" on ebay when prices start to taper off is anyone's guess though.

Mike, just type in "poured silver" in the ebay search box and my bars will be there. No refunds!!!

And finally, Cinman....I know deep down in your heart that you somehow think im scamming the fine folks here because of the prices im charging. The reality of the situation however is that I have ALOT of labor, and quite a bit of start-up capital involved in the production of these novelties, and YES they ARE novelties. These arent "investment" bars Cinman, and if they were, im sure nobody would even consider buying them at 3x melt! But as a fractional silver bar collector Cinman, I myself have spent as much as 60x melt on certain silver oddities, not because im worried how much I can resell them for to COMEX, but because its a HOBBY of mine. At just 3x melt, these members here wont get hurt at all on these very cool little pieces of "artwork".

Edited to add: And a very happy and safe holidays to you and yours Cinman!image
    I think Gecko should do things like put #10 of 50 so that the low mintage will make the bars rarer.
    Or include a handwritten note: Hi, thank you for buying this silver loaf. I only made X number of them. Kind of like a COA. I might have Gecko include a handwritten letter so that I can include it with the bars one day if I needed to sell.

Many members on this forum that now it cannot fit in my signature. Please ask for entire list.

• << <i>I think Gecko should do things like put #10 of 50 so that the low mintage will make the bars rarer.
    Or include a handwritten note: Hi, thank you for buying this silver loaf. I only made X number of them. Kind of like a COA. I might have Gecko include a handwritten letter so that I can include it with the bars one day if I needed to sell. >>

I have been toying with this idea on a larger bar (closer to 1 ounce). Im thinking of a limited production run of just 50 pieces in fact, to be numbered something similar to what you suggested. There may also be a really limited edition piece (somewhere between a 1 and 5 ounce bar) that will have no more than 15 pieces made. The only concern about larger bars is that I have only the 1 size "logo" stamp as of now, and they ARENT cheap!!!image So I have to think about it a little more.

P.S.- Handwritten COAs are out of the question on this first batch. Havent I done enough by hand already?!?!?! LOL

• << <i>And finally, Cinman....I know deep down in your heart that you somehow think im scamming the fine folks here because of the prices im charging >>

Phil,

I not once thought you were scamming anyone. A scam would be you trying to sell a lead based bar with a .999 silver
    plating. I don't fault you for making a product and selling it for what the market will pay. I really only started in your thread by
    answering a question Mike had about the possible issue of the weight variance when he went to resell.

I have paid stupid money as well for novelty silver in the past. I have no doubt that what you are offering is worth what
    someone would be willing to pay to collect these.

I failed to mention that my Jeweler happens to be a close family friend for the past 20 years. The 15 dollars he was charging
    was only to cover the cost of having his assistant pour them for me. He seems to be swamped with "real" request for his ring
    making ability during the holidays...image

Good luck to you Phil... I will look for your new website shortly.... www.geckosilverloafs.com image

Merry Christmas to all the forum members entertained by this thread.....image
    Cinman, if you do somehow have your jeweler friend make a few bars, let me know!

Gecko, an extremely limited edition bar sounds great and it will be much rare if you only offer it people in the Precious Metals forum.
    I hope you can make it affordable! Like perhaps $20 an ounce so a 3 oz LE bar would be 60 bucks instead of 90+ dollars.

Merry Christmas to everyone here!