Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Group Donation for Tim Mastin (erinstubby)'s family - Raised so far: $5,040! WE DID IT!

Comments

• Options
    jeffcbayjeffcbay Posts: 8,948 ✭✭✭✭
    When's the cutoff? Are you planning to give his wife this by Christmas? That would be so cool...

I'm honored and proud to be a part of this generous online community.
  • Options
    I think we're going to set an initial cutoff of Monday evening at kickoff of the Bears/Packers game. That way I can get everything withdrawn to be in my checking account by Wednesday. I'm going to send the card & check by FedEx on Tuesday so it arrives on Christmas Eve.

I hope that's okay with everyone. If there are more donations after Monday, I would be happy to organize a second mailing.

I can't thank everyone enough for their generosity!
  • Options
    Mickey71Mickey71 Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭✭
    PM sent. Let's keep this rolling.

Mickey71
  • Options
    rube26105rube26105 Posts: 10,225 ✭✭
    get yer $ in quick its fri,we got 3 days to do something good for Christmas image
    (besides buy me a psa 6 yogi slabbed) image
  • Options
    Good day,
    PM sent, I'm in and this is great Craig.
    Neil
    Actually Collect Non Sport, but am just so full of myself I post all over the place !!!!!!!
  • Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    All you guys are truly AWESOME! What a great thing to do. After what I went thru with my daughter and wife and I can tell you the Mastin Family will be so thankful for what you are doing.

Here is my little contribution. The first person to send "GUMBYFAN" $25.00 via paypal for the MASTIN family will get the following four cards from me. I will pay the postage. Just PM me with your name and address and tell me that you sent the $25, I will confirm with GUMBYFAN and then off to the Post Office I go (unless this friggin snow continues here on Long Island ... in that case I will have to wait until Monday to send them.)

FOUR 1978 TOPPS BASEBALL CARDS ALL GRADED PSA "9":

# 53 Phil Garner
    #307 Glenn Borgmann
    #316 Henry Cruz
    #327 Rick Langford

STAY HEALTHY

Doug

STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    my 78's image
  • Options

<< <i>my 78's image >>

Doug, Randy was the first to take you up on your offer! Thanks to both of you!!
  • Options
    722 more cards and ill have the whole setimage
  • Options
    lets go, no pushing, get in one single line , move it outimage2,500-3,000 by time i get upimage
  • Options
    Randy,

Cards are packed up and ready to go ... now it's up to Mother Nature as to when you get 'em!

STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    C'mon PSA will you match it ? .50 on the dollar, even .25 on the dollar . show your heart , I believe they will come through. gotta believe !
    640K ought to be enough for anyone.
    -Bill Gates,1981

"With hurricanes,tornados, fires out of control, mud slides, flooding, severe thunderstorms tearing up the country from one end to another,& with the threat of bird flu and terrorist attacks,"Are we sure this is a good time to take God out of the Pledge of Allegiance?"" Jay Leno 2006

• Options
    Peace & Love Peace & Love!
  • Options
    i never had a prob with him, nice kidimage
  • Options

<< <i>C'mon PSA will you match it ? .50 on the dollar, even .25 on the dollar . show your heart , I believe they will come through. gotta believe ! >>

PSA ... just think how much revenue you get from the people on these boards ... then make your decision as to whether not you want to donate to this great cause ... I'm POSITIVE that your heart is in the right place and you will make us even more proud of the great effort CRAIG and the rest of the members have put forth!

MERRY CHRISTMAS and STAY HEALTHY!

Doug
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• Options
    Message removed as requested by Brianwintersfan.

STAY HEALTHY!

Doug
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• Options
    cwazzycwazzy Posts: 3,257
    Chris
    My small collection
    Want List:
    '61 Topps Roy Campanella in PSA 5-7
    Cardinal T206 cards
    Adam Wainwright GU Jersey
  • Options
    zep33zep33 Posts: 6,897 ✭✭✭
  • Options
    Brian Winters Fan....using the edit feature for your most recent post would be the proper thing to do.

Joel
  • Options
  • Options
    PM Sent Craig.
  • Options
    cwazzycwazzy Posts: 3,257
    Chris
    My small collection
    Want List:
    '61 Topps Roy Campanella in PSA 5-7
    Cardinal T206 cards
    Adam Wainwright GU Jersey
  • Options

640K ought to be enough for anyone.
    -Bill Gates,1981

"With hurricanes,tornados, fires out of control, mud slides, flooding, severe thunderstorms tearing up the country from one end to another,& with the threat of bird flu and terrorist attacks,"Are we sure this is a good time to take God out of the Pledge of Allegiance?"" Jay Leno 2006

• Options
    Just for those who don't check PM's I am asking you to edit your post that includes my quote. Not looking to start a war and I don't want to take away from what my friend Craig is trying to do here. My mistake so let's move on.
  • Options
    Hi everyone,

I haven't been on the boards lately. I am sorry to hear about Tim. I made a few transactions with him over the last few years. God Bless his family.

I would like to make a contribution.... please post the PayPal address?

Regards,

Danny
    Collecting Dallas Cowboys Rookies and Team Sets 1960-1989
  • Options
    PM Sent
  • Options
    Impressive job guys, i DO hope that PSA matches it; that would be a class move on their part. I have great empathy for his wife and kids and all the things they have gone through.

I applaud EVERYONES efforts in this matter, it is impressive indeed!
  • Options
    Hi all.... Here is the last PM I received from Tim... about this time period last year. I never knew that Tim was sick as he was focused on the care for his lovely wife, Erin and his children.

------------------------------

Danny,

I here you about the bubble mailers, my wife often wonders about that to, but not here lately. I will have an excuse though as we get close to Christmas. I will just tell her not to open anything because it might be for her. LOL Which technically is somewhat true. Thank you for helping me out. I took care of many medical bills with the last batch you bought from me, and this batch will help out with Christmas for her and the kids.

We have a MRI and a neurosurgeon appt. set for my wife on the 4th of Dec. so were keeping our fingers crossed that the radiation she went through in June killed off the tumor which is on her brain stem. Benign tumor, but the location cause bells palsy and permanent hearing loss in her left ear.
    Sorry to ramble, thought you might like to know what people like me spend there money on besides our awesome hobby.

As you have done before, you can pay paypal at erinstubby@netscape.com

I want to wish you and your family a Happy Holidays from me and my family.

Thank you Danny,
    Tim
    -----------------------------------
    Collecting Dallas Cowboys Rookies and Team Sets 1960-1989
  • Options
    PM Sent
  • Options
    PM sent
  • Options

image Next up: $2500!
  • Options
    hankcaddyhankcaddy Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭✭✭
    pm sent
    currently collecting baseball of
    2004 spx
    1989 topps psa 10
    1959 phillies
    Phillies of the 70's
  • Options
    MBMiller25MBMiller25 Posts: 6,057 ✭✭
    PM sent as well as proceeds from the Jack Nicklaus card sale paypal'd to your account.
  • Options
    All PMs have been returned and I am about to update the total. Thanks again to everyone!
  • Options
    thekid8thekid8 Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭
    PM sent
    Gary Carter Fans check out www.thekid8.com

• Options
    and im awake, got 2,500 yet craig?image
  • Options

<< <i>and im awake, got 2,500 yet craig?image >>

What you see is what we've got so far. There's been a number of people ask for information, so I'm sure we'll get there! image
  • Options
    samspopsamspop Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭
  • Options
    mrpeanut39mrpeanut39 Posts: 841 ✭✭✭
    PM sent.
    "I think the guy must be practicing voodoo or something. Check out his eyes. Rico's crazier than a peach orchard sow." -- Whitey Herzog, Spring Training 1973
  • Options
    Not to derail the thread, but it's Friday night and I think everyone could use a little Friday Night inspiration to make a donation:

Get inspired

Then donate

Please be sure to include your CU nickname.

Thanks!

• Options
    +1 for 300,awsome movie and ol clint-king of shoot and ask questions later,
    "what ya gotta do is get mad, i mean plum maddog mean" image
  • Options
    DavidPuddyDavidPuddy Posts: 3,483 ✭✭✭
    PM sent
    "The Sipe market is ridiculous right now"
    CDsNuts, 1/9/15
  • Options
    One last image for the night.
  • Options
    image Next up: $3000!
  • Options
    SidePocketSidePocket Posts: 2,901 ✭✭✭
    Gotta be proud of a bunch of strangers raising $2500 (and going!) for a family we don't know but can help through tough times.

"But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also"

"Molon Labe"

• Options
    lets go!!!!!!!!!!! rube dont have tiMe to sleep, i got a country or 2 i want to take over like fidel did, i got stuff to do, let get on with the film show,aND GIVE $ TOOimage
  • Options
    rbdjr1rbdjr1 Posts: 4,474 ✭✭

Bump!

...for your Donations pleeeeeze!

Paypal takes all types of currency! imageimage

rd

. US $$$
    . Argentine Peso
    . Australian Dollar
    . Botswana Pula
    . Brazilian Real
    . British Pound
    . Canadian Dollar
    . Chilean Peso
    . Chinese Yuan
    . Colombian Peso
    . Danish Krone
    . Euro
    . Hong Kong Dollar
    . Hungarian Forint
    . Iceland Krona
    . Indian Rupee
    . Iranian Rial
    . Israeli New Shekel
    . Japanese Yen
    . Malaysian Ringgit
    . Mexican Peso
    . Nepalese Rupee
    . New Zealand Dollar
    . Norwegian Kroner
    . Omani Rial
    . Pakistan Rupee
    . Qatari Rial
    . Saudi Riyal
    . Singapore Dollar
    . Slovenian Tolar
    . South African Rand
    . South Korean Won
    . Sri Lanka Rupee
    . Swedish Krona
    . Swiss Franc
    . Taiwan Dollar
    . Thai Baht
    . Venezuelan Bolivar

• Options
    rbdjr1rbdjr1 Posts: 4,474 ✭✭

bump!

(pleeeeze give a few bucks, if u have not already done so. It felt sooooooooo good to give a little!)

rd