Home Precious Metals
Options

THIS IS IT! my my. look at silver now. amazing how these things work.

fcfc Posts: 12,789 ✭✭✭
i find it amazing that silver and gold can drop like a rock in a "this is it!" env.

people are going to scour bullion websites trying to find metal to buy at
these prices.

Comments

• Options
    the new teletrade bullion website has completely stopped sales.
  • Options
    trozautrozau Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭
    Why am I not surprised?
    trozau (troy ounce gold)
  • Options
    CladiatorCladiator Posts: 17,921 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>people are going to scour bullion websites trying to find metal to buy at these prices >>

Good luck to them on both accounts. Supply will dry up even more and for the stuff that is found actual prices will stay very high when compared to spot.
  • Options
    APMEX cleaned out of silver eagles once again. This is unbelievable. Somebody slap me.
  • Options
    storm888storm888 Posts: 11,701 ✭✭✭
    No point in selling now.

Folks Who Bite Get Bitten. Folks Who Don't Bite Get Eaten.
  • Options
    pragmaticgoatpragmaticgoat Posts: 836 ✭✭✭
    image what good is the paper spot price now?
    BST references:
    jdimmick;Gerard;wondercoin;claychaser;agentjim007;CCC2010;guitarwes;TAMU15;Zubie;mariner67;segoja;Smittys;kaz;CARDSANDCOINS;FadeToBlack;
    jrt103;tizofthe;bronze6827;mkman;Scootersdad;AllCoinsRule;coindeuce;dmarks;piecesofme; and many more
  • Options
    Either the COMEX is very very broken, or the silver hoarders are very very wrong.
  • Options
    TexastTexast Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭✭
    Well at least 10 of my 11 Silver Eagles sold on ebay before this drop, don't believe I'll get $22.00 for the last one like the others....
    On BS&T Now: Nothing.
    Fighting the Fight for 11 Years with the big "C" - Never Ever Give Up!
    Member PCGS Open Forum board 2002 - 2006 (closed end of 2006) Current board since 2006 Successful trades with many members, over the past two decades, never a bad deal.
  • Options
    BubbleheadBubblehead Posts: 1,621 ✭✭✭

Maybe...When silver hits $30.00!
  • Options

<< <i>Well at least 10 of my 11 Silver Eagles sold on ebay before this drop, don't believe I'll get $22.00 for the last one like the others.... >>

Don't be too surprised if you get close to it... Ebayers cannot understand PM drops... I have seen 1 ouncers go for
    20 an ounce on a daily basis...
  • Options
    apmex website crashing under the load.
  • Options
    trozautrozau Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭
    Gold Prices May Spike

Within the gold complex, there is a disparity between the paper market and the physical market, notes Jurg Kiener, CEO of Swiss Asia Capital. He tells CNBC's Maura Fogarty & Rebecca Meehan that if the paper market collapses, gold prices may double very quickly.
    trozau (troy ounce gold)
  • Options
    Prices haven't changed in my area.

The artificial spot price has had no effect on the physical metal.

Prices are the same today as they were last week and yesterday.

Silver dealers I have talked to expect a large spike in the near future.

Most places simply have no silver and while I can order it, I'm paying the same as I would have earlier in the week.

I don't think this is it by any means, we've still got quite a roller coaster ride in front of us for a long time.

It's not a day for bargain hunters.

Silver has dropped like this before, many times in fact. It always rebounds and often with large jumps.

Watch and see.
    "Lenin is certainly right. There is no subtler or more severe means of overturning the existing basis of society(destroy capitalism) than to debauch the currency. The process engages all the hidden forces of economic law on the side of destruction, and it does it in a manner which not one man in a million is able to diagnose."
    John Marnard Keynes, The Economic Consequences of the Peace, 1920, page 235ff
  • Options
    MetalsmanMetalsman Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭

<< <i>the new teletrade bullion website has completely stopped sales. >>

image Funny I just got on and got 100 oz Maples.image
  • Options
    jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,402 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I went outside to do a little winterizing for about a half hour. When I went out, the stock market was -500 points. Now it's up by +300 points. Whoops, now only +100 points.

Obviously, the financial system is cured. The IMF and G-7 meeting in Bush's office this weekend ought to be a hoot.
    Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • Options
    Just like the rest of the financial markets, it is manipulated and controlled by speculators. I hate to say it, but if you are holding big paper contracts long term, you will be very, very dissapointed.
  • Options

<< <i>

image Funny I just got on and got 100 oz Maples.image >>

yup. it had no prices for a bit then readjusted.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

image Funny I just got on and got 100 oz Maples.image >>

yup. it had no prices for a bit then readjusted. >>

well so much for that. across the board.. nothing for sale.

This item currently cannot be ordered. Please check back again...
  • Options
    halfhunterhalfhunter Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭
    the new teletrade bullion website has completely stopped sales.

Yep. Went there checked the price, took a 5 min. phone call, went back to order, & poof - nothing! imageimageimage

Regards, John
    Need the following OBW rolls to complete my 46-64 Roosevelt roll set:
    1947-P & D; 1948-D; 1949-P & S; 1950-D & S; and 1952-S.
    Any help locating any of these OBW rolls would be gratefully appreciated!
  • Options
    MetalsmanMetalsman Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭

<< <i>the new teletrade bullion website has completely stopped sales.

Yep. Went there checked the price, took a 5 min. phone call, went back to order, & poof - nothing! imageimageimage

Regards, John >>

Its the way you stroke the keys!image
  • Options
    jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,402 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I draw your attention to Exhibit A:

bigger percentage gains to be made in silver.... screw gold ;-)

Now, sir - Did you, or did you not make the above statement on, or about 3:22PM on October 9, 2008?

In your own words, will you please explain exactly what you meant, or were you simply confused at the time?

fc, I'm teasing you. But this is the nature of volatility, and in the final analysis, silver's got a long way to go. A long, long way.
    Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • Options

<< <i>I draw your attention to Exhibit A:

bigger percentage gains to be made in silver.... screw gold ;-)

Now, sir - Did you, or did you not make the above statement on, or about 3:22PM on October 9, 2008?

In your own words, will you please explain exactly what you meant, or were you simply confused at the time?

fc, I'm teasing you. But this is the nature of volatility, and in the final analysis, silver's got a long way to go. A long, long way. >>

i can take the teasing. fire away. i did not care for silver at 15-16 dollars
    an ounce. i thought that was a fine peak over all.

i sold all my silver i had back then at a slightly higher price then mentioned above.

now with silver between 10 and 12... i see it as a better buy. it has
    room to move up easily and not so much down. even when it takes
    a big dip it recovers quickly.

the premium people are willing to pay for it allows a person to flip
    it for a significant percentage profit compared to gold.

i still think accumulating it and holding is not a wise play right now.
    the money is being made by middlemen.

the accumulators should have unloaded at 18-20 but got seriously
    greedy.
  • Options
    roadrunnerroadrunner Posts: 28,303 ✭✭✭✭✭
    i find it amazing that silver and gold can drop like a rock in a "this is it!" env.

Had you been around here for 4 years this type of manipulation would not surprise you in the least. It is standard fare. But make no mistake that "THIS IS IT" and it has been "IT" for many months now. All the FED has left to play with are paper PM's and paper notes. Gold is getting harder to find in 1 oz format as is silver in 1-100 oz sizes. Many national Mints are no longer supplying gold and/or silver. Brokers and Banks either can't find the metals or refuse to sell any. This all smoke and mirrors. If you have the stuff in your hand, you can't be fooled.

The PPT was out in force today giving stocks an immediate bump on the open and then near the close today. What would they have done without that assistance? How much of our $700B went to prop stocks and short gold today?? Gold is at all time highs against most other nation's currencies yet is falling against the dollar....hmmm? Gold dumping, dollar and stock pumping sets up the G8 and G15 up nicely for whatever new scam they dream up this weekend to present to us on Monday. Don't be surprised if a Bank Holiday shows its face before Monday morning. If not Monday, it will be coming soon enough. Ensure you have enough extra cash and/or physical metal on hand, you may need it. Put aside some extra provisions as well as people with cash will head to the grocery and hardware stores to clean them out of essentials. Get out of the paper metal ETF's while you can. At some point, when metals default on the futures exchanges, the paper variant will quickly tank while the real stuff heads in the other direction even faster. Paper ETF's should ultimately head to zero as their Ponzi scheme is revealed.

Let's see what the PPT and FED have in store for us this weekend.

roadrunner
    Barbarous Relic No More, LSCC -GoldSeek--shadow stats--SafeHaven--321gold
  • Options
    Northwest seems to have plenty, just have to wait and be patient until it ships......just unde $70 for a 5 oz bar but s and h is close to $10...still better than ebay where people dont seem to mind paying 20 an oz for bars and rounds
  • Options

<< <i>Northwest seems to have plenty, just have to wait and be patient until it ships......just unde $70 for a 5 oz bar but s and h is close to $10...still better than ebay where people dont seem to mind paying 20 an oz for bars and rounds >>

i did not get a good vibe from NWT.

1. getting a hold of a sales person requires a full time job being on hold.

2. their shipping dates can be 3-4 months out.

3. they have a semi odd reputation from what i have read and heard
    from forum members here.

4. i do not want the headache. sure a month out for delivery is fine
    but a quarter of a year? no thanks.
  • Options

<< <i>Northwest seems to have plenty, just have to wait and be patient until it ships......just unde $70 for a 5 oz bar but s and h is close to $10...still better than ebay where people dont seem to mind paying 20 an oz for bars and rounds >>

I'm not ready to pay $18 to $20 per ounce on ebay right now, but I wouldn't order silver that's not to be shipped for over a month in this environment.
    Witty sig line currently under construction. Thank you for your patience.
  • Options
    their site says may take 20 days to ship and thats what it took for my order to ship....not too bad really and sent by fedex with tracking info ...maybe they've improved a bit...I'd buy from them again...
  • Options
    mkman123mkman123 Posts: 6,849 ✭✭✭✭
    with it going down, prices on ebay will go up and make it even harder to find I bet. I'm having a hard time finding them locally when silver went down to 11 and I'm sure it will be the same.
    Successful Buying and Selling transactions with:

Many members on this forum that now it cannot fit in my signature. Please ask for entire list.
  • Options
    moonshinemoonshine Posts: 1,039 ✭✭

<< <i>for whatever new scam they dream up this weekend to present to us on Monday. >>

Yes, they seem to do the sneaky crap on weekends ... and this time they have 3 full days since Monday is a holiday. I look for some major announcement next wk. Hold on my friends. Listening to Bush, it appeared they have it all worked out.

Any guesses of the new scenario -- I am afraid - very afraid. I believe we are about the enter the NWO.