rube26105rube26105 Posts: 10,225 ✭✭
    Do some of you guys work?

yeah ,a long time ago, im ret, all worked out steveimage

<s.o.b>=
    son of a benchimage
  • Options
  • Options
    rube26105rube26105 Posts: 10,225 ✭✭
    george might give him the smackdown with a a arial drone and a w.m.d. on johnnys bald head image
    at least hit him with a dog turd
  • Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    You guys are so bad.

lol

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options
    This from a autograph message board I use. This was posted a couple days ago,

A couple Bench stories for the people who've dealt with this plesant man before. These two stories happened to a fellow collector tonight. He asked Johnny to add his HOF to his ball. Bench replies "I'm not in the Hall of Fame tonight, so I can't." Then, after the fourth time going through his 1 per line, he says to Johnny, "I bet your sick of getting your picture taken so much tonight." Johnny replies...."no, I'm sick of you coming through my line 100 times!"
  • Options
    fattymacsfattymacs Posts: 2,578 ✭✭✭
    Johnny's melon is so big he dosen't have a forehead, he has a fivehead.
  • Options
    jrinck - that is some of the funniest stuff I've read in a while.
  • Options

best pic everimage
  • Options
    dudedude Posts: 1,454 ✭✭
    I was watching an old Mission Impossible re-run and Johnny Bench was on the show as a military officer in some banana republic.
  • Options
    estangestang Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭
    Missed this story 1st time around.

You got the bat signed for free, have a great story to tell & you got a HOF'er to tell you to take a hike. Looking back, the moment must be priceless.
    Enjoy your collection!
    Erik
  • Options
    Yankees001Yankees001 Posts: 1,496
    Yes, that is Bench. I've know a few people who met Johnny, everyone says the same thing.

Bottom line is he knows and understands the Hobby. It's big buisness. You want something from him, so he just wants something in return.

I'm not saying I agree with it, but it is the hobby of autographs.

Dave
  • Options
    PSASAPPSASAP Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭
    "Get outta here, will ya?" Think I just found the perfect quote for my headstone! image
  • Options
    Nathaniel1960Nathaniel1960 Posts: 2,319 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I asked him to sign a ball "No Runs, Drips or Errors" and he told me to get my commie F$%& &**& out of his &^**% face and %^^$% my big ole' %^&$ corn muffin.
    Kiss me once, shame on you.
    Kiss me twice.....let's party.
  • Options
    scooter729scooter729 Posts: 1,730 ✭✭✭
    I'm honored to have my 1,000th post be in tribute of this great thread! Still going strong eight months later!
  • Options
    I just read through the whole thing for the first time. Great stuff.