Home Precious Metals
Options

The $150 billion Economic Stimulus Package.....

How much of it would you say went into PM's as a safe haven and what percentage do you think went to eliminate preexisting debt and straight to the "banks" that are being bailed out?

I would gues $10-$20 Billion went to pay off/down credit cards and this portion of the package(what ever it amounted to) went straight to the banks.
And I ain't lying this time.

Comments

• Options
    I took $500 of the money and put it in my IRA and the other $100 went into my gas tank.
  • Options
    I dumped about a 1000 bucks into silver....May not have been the wise choice.

But my purchase is worth more than the crap my wife and kids bought with theirs...image
    I bet they can't even remember what they bought..

• Options
    mkman123mkman123 Posts: 6,849 ✭✭✭✭
    I had not got into collecting silver when we got ours.......I think it went into food, bills, and clothes.
    Successful Buying and Selling transactions with:

Many members on this forum that now it cannot fit in my signature. Please ask for entire list.
  • Options
    bennybravobennybravo Posts: 1,868 ✭✭✭
    My wife took 50% of it, and I gave the other 50% to my wife. Hey, wait a minute........
  • Options
    renman95renman95 Posts: 7,037 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I bought several ASE 08/07's with my money and it is my money.

My purchase price was $30 for one group, $135 for another group and $200 for the last group.

Seeing how they run around $550 for now I'm very happy with my purchases with MY money.

The other quarter of money went to some new fast tires for my go-fast car.

Ren
  • Options
    BearBear Posts: 18,954 ✭✭
    People we have to stop being stupid. Stop paying rent,

buying food, gas, cloths, health care, life insurance and

utilities and put all that money to work in the stock market.

Why, you will all be rich in no time.image
    There once was a place called
    Camelotimage
  • Options
    roadrunnerroadrunner Posts: 28,303 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bear is right. As long as you are in for the long term (ie 30 yrs or longer), that will smooth the peaks and valleys and you'll do fine.

If you were planning to retire in the years from 2000-2020 this could change your plans just a tad.

roadrunner
    Barbarous Relic No More, LSCC -GoldSeek--shadow stats--SafeHaven--321gold