Home Precious Metals
Options

Call me nuts.....

SmittysSmittys Posts: 9,876 ✭✭✭✭✭
I pulled the trigger on another 500 ounces of silver today
Maple leaves with a hefty premium but nothing else out there except 1000 ounce bars
13.09 each

edited for spelling....image and price

Comments

• Options
    Oil under $100, yet Gold bouncing $17, today

Yes , good call on the Silver, IMHO
  • Options
    guitarwesguitarwes Posts: 9,240 ✭✭✭

Phillharmonics were $12.82 yesterday and Maples were $13.28. did you get them for around this?

Oh, your Nuts. You asked me too..... But I think you did good on the silver.

-wes
    @ Elite CNC Routing & Woodworks on Facebook. Check out my work.
    Too many positive BST transactions with too many members to list.
  • Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Only time will tell .... one bounce does not make a market upswing ... I'll wait to see what happens in the next 2 weeks...
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Options
    Ok Smitty YOUR A NUT!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    fcfc Posts: 12,789 ✭✭✭
    the premium was too high in my mind.
    with silver at 10.84 i would have paid 11.84 and no more.

you need silver to hit 13 just to sell and break even from most
    dealers who will not give you a premium when buying.
  • Options
    jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,373 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You're nuts if you listen to criticism by fc on how to buy silver.image
    Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • Options

<< <i>the premium was too high in my mind.

dealers who will not give you a premium when buying. >>

Tulving is paying 1.75 over spot on maple leaves
  • Options
    mkman123mkman123 Posts: 6,849 ✭✭✭✭
    my local store wanted $15 for maples!!! Thats 4+ over spot!
    Successful Buying and Selling transactions with:

Many members on this forum that now it cannot fit in my signature. Please ask for entire list.
  • Options
    I charted these Weeklys yesterday.

Silver has hit, GLD might have a little more, but today looked good.

• Options

<< <i>

<< <i>the premium was too high in my mind.

dealers who will not give you a premium when buying. >>

Tulving is paying 1.75 over spot on maple leaves >>

i said most dealers ;-)

ok... so cut my estimate of silver rising by 1.75 approx. but do not
    forget shipping/handling/insurance..

something about sending silver in the mail to sell is too risky to me,
    but that is just me.
  • Options
    cohodkcohodk Posts: 18,621 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I pulled the trigger on another 500 ounces of silver today
    Maple leaves with a hefty premium but nothing else out there except 1000 ounce bars
    13.09 each

edited for spelling....image and price >>

Coulda just bought SLV for 10.50. Make more money and ease of transaction. I bought 5000 shares over the past 2 days. An emergency rate cut by the FED, coupled with an overbought dollar, and oversold oil in the face of a large hurricane, should prove for a decent trade next week. I'll be out even before you take delivery.
    Excuses are tools of the ignorant

Knowledge is the enemy of fear

• Options

<<I bought 5000 shares over the past 2 days.>>

I assume a share of SLV does not = an ounce at $10.50 but I don't know. I've never bought this way.

Are there transaction fees? Buyer or seller charges? Minimums?

Please let me know cause I'd like to buy some when it hits $9 next month!

• Options
    Brad,

Each share represents 1 oz. SLV can be bought through any full service or discount brokerage firm. Commissions will vary but you should be able to buy it for as little as $10 per transaction.

The trust does have a management fee that is deducted directly from assets so you wont get a bill or invoice.

• Options
    I'll stay mum on gold, but as for silver...... way too cheap. I'm right there with the original poster. Bought a case of 2008 SE today at $3.60 over spot, and I don't care if silver goes up or down, I'll be content with owning them, period.
  • Options
    Cohodk,

Are you talking about futures contracts ie. 5,000 comex slv, or are you
    speaking of exchange traded funds (ETF's) as XAU, HUI, or GLD.

If none of the above, could you clarify 1 share equal to 1 oz silver.
    Sounds like something I may not be aware of, and may want to look
    into further- purer trade than the etf's.

Thanks
    NumbersUsa, FairUs, Alipac, CapsWeb, and TeamAmericaPac
  • Options
    Cohodk,

I was just looking over the charts Coinboy posted and I think you maybe
    speaking of the SLV on the Amex.

Is this correct?
  • Options
    Yes.....SLV

• Options

<<Each share represents 1 oz. SLV can be bought through any full service or discount brokerage firm. Commissions will vary but you should be able to buy it for as little as $10 per transaction. >>

Thanks Dave.
  • Options

I believe that silver is getting ready to take a nice ride UP!!!! And I hop that I'm right. Good Luck.

Eddye Mack
    GO STEELERSimage
  • Options
    Thanks Cohodk!
  • Options
  • Options
    DoubleEagle59DoubleEagle59 Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Last Friday ((Sept 12th) I purchased 2000 ounces of Silver.

Looking forward to this nice run-up.

I'm in it for the long haul though.
    "Gold is money, and nothing else" (JP Morgan, 1912)

"“Those who sacrifice liberty for security/safety deserve neither.“(Benjamin Franklin)

"I only golf on days that end in 'Y'" (DE59)
  • Options

<< <i>Coulda just bought SLV for 10.50. Make more money and ease of transaction. I bought 5000 shares over the past 2 days. An emergency rate cut by the FED, coupled with an overbought dollar, and oversold oil in the face of a large hurricane, should prove for a decent trade next week. I'll be out even before you take delivery. >>

Yeah, and it's people like you who have helped destroy the physical market and contrubuted to the financial breakdown in this country.

How can there be more physical paper than there is physical silver on the planet?

It's a scam and it should be illegal. Actually it is.

You are a condescending A-hole.

If you aren't a banker, you should be. Actually, I think you must be, no one else could be that rude.

Do you dance in front of people in wheelchairs? "Come on, Ironsides, let's race."

Would you have told Ray Charles he couldn't see the writing on the wall?

I sure hope all you are left with is a pile of worthless paper in the future, there is no one else on this board who even remotely deserves that but you.
    "Lenin is certainly right. There is no subtler or more severe means of overturning the existing basis of society(destroy capitalism) than to debauch the currency. The process engages all the hidden forces of economic law on the side of destruction, and it does it in a manner which not one man in a million is able to diagnose."
    John Marnard Keynes, The Economic Consequences of the Peace, 1920, page 235ff
  • Options
    I was itchin' to pull the trigger on some gold today, but since my last major buy was silver at $21.00, I am taking this next one slow.

After today's jump, whaddya think, Deadhorse? I think the pm market's just getting warmed up, but is this "it"?image

I knew it would happen.
  • Options
    dang deadhorse. those are fighting words. and here i thought
    roadrunner and i sometimes go at it :-|
  • Options

<< <i>I was itchin' to pull the trigger on some gold today, but since my last major buy was silver at $21.00, I am taking this next one slow.

After today's jump, whaddya think, Deadhorse? I think the pm market's just getting warmed up, but is this "it"?image >>

Should have pulled that trigger yesterday. Hindsight always has 20/20 vision. image

I dunno, I'm still a bit leery, but I'm buying. One day does not make a bull run. Maybe dip your toes in a bit.

"It" is coming, probably soon. As usual, timing is everything. I really thought it would be a while yet, but with the rest of the markets crashing and burning, we may be seeing a shelter for funds. That would indicate the upswing is starting.

I know I have been buying 100 ounce silver bars as often as they come through, I was out of town for a while, but was able to have them held via phone for me and doing bank wires. Right now, Houston is a war zone and everyone is closed, so it's temporarily on hold. We also have no phones. I plan on being real active by Friday, assuming some of the infrastruture is back on line as we have been promised.

As long as you don't need an immediate shot to the moon, this is a fairly good time, IMO. As long as you can take the possibilty of some more short term volitility.

It may still take a while but you aren't going to lose over the next 90 day average and you may look like a genius by December First.
    "Lenin is certainly right. There is no subtler or more severe means of overturning the existing basis of society(destroy capitalism) than to debauch the currency. The process engages all the hidden forces of economic law on the side of destruction, and it does it in a manner which not one man in a million is able to diagnose."
  • Options

<< <i>dang deadhorse. those are fighting words. and here i thought
    roadrunner and i sometimes go at it :-| >>

Roadrunner is a great guy, we've talked privately for years.

This is quite another thing. I was just getting warmed up.

I'll explain in the next PM.
  • Options
    Buy physical. In this environment, you will find that paper assets just aren't worth the extra risk. Risk premiums are up across the board. The confidence game is over for the forseeable future.

I knew it would happen.
  • Options
    Feels good to be in under melt