Home Precious Metals
Options

What is the current price of common date ROLLS of ASEs in your area?

Please state area.....and price.

I found 1 roll today.....$320

Central Virginia

Passed on it.....

anyone else...dealers...buyers...hoarders.....?

Comments

• Options
    cinman14cinman14 Posts: 2,489
    our local B@M just told me you can get as many rolls as you want for 380.00image

Tulsa Gold and Silver if any member is interested....918-664-1808

The roll I bought from teletrade direct was 307.00 shipped.

Edited to add: I just called them back and they will buy all you have for 14.25 each...image

Buy for 14.25 sell for 19.00 in roll qty. 19.50 singles.... This is the crap I deal with on a local level.image
  • Options
    mkman123mkman123 Posts: 6,849 ✭✭✭✭
    I saw some for 16 bucks but some local guys went in and bought them all while I was chatting with the owner.
    Successful Buying and Selling transactions with:

Many members on this forum that now it cannot fit in my signature. Please ask for entire list.
  • Options
    CaptHenwayCaptHenway Posts: 31,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is a dealer on our dealer-to-dealer network offering spot plus $2.50 per coin for common date BU rolls of silver eagles.
    Numismatist. 50 year member ANA. Winner of four ANA Heath Literary Awards; three Wayte and Olga Raymond Literary Awards; Numismatist of the Year Award 2009, and Lifetime Achievement Award 2020. Winner numerous NLG Literary Awards.
  • Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>our local B@M just told me you can get as many rolls as you want for 380.00image

Edited to add: I just called them back and they will buy all you have for 14.25 each...image

Buy for 14.25 sell for 19.00 in roll qty. 19.50 singles.... This is the crap I deal with on a local level.image >>

Teletradedirect has not offered ASE Rolls for over a week (sold out).. You must have been lucky
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Options
    I bought them on the 17th... Mailed the check Monday morning. Lucky indeed. I noticed today they were out.

• Options

<< <i>I bought them on the 17th... Mailed the check Monday morning. Lucky indeed. I noticed today they were out. >>

The silver close on the Friday before the 17th was $12.70 per ounce, so at $307 per roll you paid $2.65 per coin over spot.

Was there any service charge or other fee on top of the $307?
    Numismatist. 50 year member ANA. Winner of four ANA Heath Literary Awards; three Wayte and Olga Raymond Literary Awards; Numismatist of the Year Award 2009, and Lifetime Achievement Award 2020. Winner numerous NLG Literary Awards.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>I bought them on the 17th... Mailed the check Monday morning. Lucky indeed. I noticed today they were out. >>

The silver close on the Friday before the 17th was $12.70 per ounce, so at $307 per roll you paid $2.65 per coin over spot.

Was there any service charge or other fee on top of the $307? >>

No, the roll was 296.00 with 11 dollars shipping.... image

There was a one day window for that pricing.. Monday was already 20 dollars more per roll
  • Options
    So, at today's Kitco Ask close of $13.65 plus the $2.65 you paid over, which would be $16.30 per coin or $326 per roll, I guess Rah should have taken that roll at $320.

Of course, back on the 15th we could have called MTB and bought a case at Spot + $1.60, whereas today they would charge Spot + $2.10 per coin if they have any left. So, if we adjust your premium upwards from +$2.65 per coin to +$3.15 per coin to allow for changed market conditions, you would be paying $336 per roll today and getting just as good a bargain.

If they have any coins.
  • Options
    Don't forget new members who register through the 25 dollar banner get a 25 dollar voucher emailed
    to them. That would almost wipe out any premium on 12 and under qty.

I didn't see the banner when I registered...image

• Options
    And they were all 2008...image No mixed dates....

Don't be scared of the 3 day rule they say you have to get the money to them. I called Monday before
    I mailed my check out. The customer rep said he agreed that was unreasonable to expect the USPS to get
    the payment there that quick.

He said they put that in the terms to prevent people from slow paying and playing the market.

They received my payment on a thurs. And shipped Friday. Had I been at home to sign, I would have
    had them yesterday....

Very pleasent... I did have my wife sign up to get the $25 dollar voucher....image

Looking at the rounds as we speak....image
  • Options
    Just wanted to point out that the $307 per roll price you mentioned above was ancient history, and not a currently available price.
  • Options
    You can get a roll of 2008 Canadian Maples.. Which is .9999 pure for 310.00 with the 25 dollars off voucher image
  • Options
    morgansforevermorgansforever Posts: 8,428 ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are none in my area, only singles here and there for $20 -$21 each.

APMEX has rolls of 20 08 ASE's for 346.55, including shipping, as of right now.

Scott

World coins FSHO Hundreds of successful BST transactions U.S. coins FSHO
  • Options
    DarinDarin Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭✭✭
    APMEX has rolls of 20 08 ASE's for 346.55, including shipping, as of right now.

I see APMEX buy price is $1.50 over spot, which is the price they used to sell them for.
  • Options

<< <i>You can get a roll of 2008 Canadian Maples.. Which is .9999 pure for 310.00 with the 25 dollars off voucher image >>

Are those the Vancouver Olympic silver maples? I can't find the regular ones.
    Edited to add:
    So the price is $335, and you can get $25 off on your first purchase as a promotional incentive. That is $16.75 per coin, including shipping, for anything beyond the promotional purchase.
  • Options

<< <i>APMEX has rolls of 20 08 ASE's for 346.55, including shipping, as of right now.

I see APMEX buy price is $1.50 over spot, which is the price they used to sell them for. >>

As some of us keep saying on here, things change.

There are dealer buys on Coinnet (a members-only dealer-to-dealer network) offering up to $2.50 per coin over for BU rolls of silver eagles.

TD
  • Options
    jdimmickjdimmick Posts: 9,605 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just sold all the rolls I had at 290.00
  • Options

<< <i>I just sold all the rolls I had at 290.00 >>

very decent price......I still cannot find any small bars (5-10 oz) and no big ones (50-100 oz) here.

I do not like paying premiums on ASEs that local dealers are posting here locally. I don't buy the ASE at all except for gifts....for my silver hoard I puit away 90% and 40% coins....and bars......would like to trade out all my 40-90% coins for big bars just for the ease of storage........

In closing.... your sell price on those ASE rolls was very fair.

• Options

"I just sold all the rolls I had at 290.00"

I wish I was one of the buyers!

• Options
    jdimmickjdimmick Posts: 9,605 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I bought 7 rolls today at spot minus a 1.00 and sold them today at spot plus a 1.00
  • Options
    Should have given me a call. I'd have given you the number of the guy paying spot +$2.50 per coin for original rolls.
    TD
  • Options
    ttownttown Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭

<< <i>our local B@M just told me you can get as many rolls as you want for 380.00image

Buy for 14.25 sell for 19.00 in roll qty. 19.50 singles.... This is the crap I deal with on a local level.image >>

The only good bullion dealer in Tulsa is Don's coin and stamp
  • Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I bought 7 rolls today at spot minus a 1.00 and sold them today at spot plus a 1.00 >>

Next time when you get a deal like that, let me know, I'll give you spot + $1.75
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."