Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Collectors Alliance . I'm done with these people

I bought some modern crap from there. Three coins. Each one different. There were two orders. One with one coin. Another with two.

First off they would not ship to my FPO address. Strike one.

I had the coins shipped to my mothers house in Indiana. The order of two coins arrived promptly followed by another box that contained two more sets of the same coins. In short they shipped me 6 coins but I'm still lacking the one coin.

They contact me via email to let me know they know they made a mistake. I send a couple emails to them and they never answer them. Then I find out they're talking to my mother which is probably why they are ignoring me. They tell her that I did not prepay for any coins and only placed one order for two coins.

Then they tell her they'll send a prepaid UPS box to hers house to return the excess coins. A UPS box does show up but it's not prepaid. Then they tell her she needs to send them back.

I jumped back in with an email and told them this has gone far enough. I'm not happy. My mother is not paying to fix their mistake and that they can fix it by Monday or I'll have my mother send all six coins to me in Japan which will force them to deal with me, their customer and that if they continue to try to lie to my mother about how many coins were bought or whether I paid for them or not that I'll keep all six of their coins. Or they can send a paid UPS box I'll send back 3 coins because I paid for three. If they ever get around to shipping my other order I'll either send back the coin I kept or pay for it.

This is getting stupid. It should be a minor issue but the employees of this place have basically stopped dealing with me and are trying to trick an old lady into fixing their mistake at her expense.

They finally did answer my email and told me to go ahead and pay to send the coins back and they'll refund me later. My response was "That's not going to happen" Now I'm having the coins shipped to Japan and now they have to deal with me. I'm so angry at the incorrect information they fed my mother that I can hardly stand it. They told her I never placed the one order at all and I most certainly have Paypal receipts for everything. I've got half a mind to keep all six coins but that's not the way I operate. I do want them to get their merchandise back. I didn't pay for it and I'm not like that.

I'm not advocating that you steer clear of these knuckledraggers but if I ever clear this stupid problem up I'll certainly steer clear of them for the rest of my life.

John

Coin Photos

Never view my other linked pages. They aren't coin related.

Comments

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sounds like a real shirt tail operation John. Did you try calling them direct? Sometimes emails just do not have the right effect. It sure would rile me if they tried that roundabout route with my Mom... Good luck... keep us posted... Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    LoveMyLibertyLoveMyLiberty Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭
    I'm sorry, but we've seemed to run out of time for this session.
    We'll pick it up next week where you left off.

My Type Set

R.I.P. Bear image
  • Options
    BECOKABECOKA Posts: 16,957 ✭✭✭
    Enough said, no plans to even check them out.
  • Options
    I forgot to add that shipping was around $15 for two slabbed coins. No way am I paying to ship stuff back to them.

John
    Coin Photos

• Options
    BlindedByEgoBlindedByEgo Posts: 10,754 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you want to add insult to injury, open up a PP dispute and claim items sent not as described image

eBay or other venue?
  • Options
    I didn't buy it off ebay but used paypal as provided on their site.

John
    Coin Photos

• Options
    PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,443 ✭✭✭✭✭
    In addition to shipping, are you going to charge them for handling? image

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• Options
    INXSINXS Posts: 1,202
    I bought from them about 5 years ago. The service was so bad I never went back.
    "Well here's another nice mess you have gotten me into" Oliver Hardy 1930

BST successful dealings with:MsMorrisine, goldman86
  • Options

<< <i>In addition to shipping, are you going to charge them for handling? image >>

Outstanding idea.image
    "College men from LSU- went in dumb, come out dumb too..."
    -Randy Newmanimage
  • Options
    mrearlygoldmrearlygold Posts: 17,858 ✭✭✭
    Who is Collectors "Alliance"?
  • Options
    WalmannWalmann Posts: 2,806
    Sounds like an operation that it is good thing you used Paypal. I don't think I would want those guys handling my credit card information.
  • Options
    INXSINXS Posts: 1,202

<< <i>Who is Collectors "Alliance"? >>

They are a company out of Lakewood, NJ. I think they are only online.
    "Well here's another nice mess you have gotten me into" Oliver Hardy 1930

BST successful dealings with:MsMorrisine, goldman86
  • Options
    lkeigwinlkeigwin Posts: 16,887 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I read in a newspaper "consumer action line" that anything you receive in the mail that you did not order (and naturally didn't pay for) is yours to keep, legally, and without incurring a debt. Have I got that right?

Ethically-speaking, we don't do this over honest mistakes. But I wonder with a situation like this...
  • Options
    More on this.

Their email to me today after informing them I would not pay any return shipping.

"I don't care what you do............"

It's kind of out of context but is that any way to start a letter to an unhappy customer?

I've had it with these knuckledraggers. I really just do not see myself going to a post office and mailing these coins back. I know I should. They goofed and they want me to pay for it. Ain't gonna happen. I don't believe that they'll refund my shipping money either. They've had in the past already stopped communicating with me in lieu of talking with my mother and they've already lied to her a couple times.

If you want to do business with these idiots take a stab at it but don't say I didn't warn you.

John
    Coin Photos

• Options

Big wholesaler to TV guys and they sell online.

Call them. Ask for Steve and explain your problem.

Cameron Kiefer
  • Options
    GemineyeGemineye Posts: 5,374
    John ....that's what you get for not buying PCGS coins..!!.I also have bought from Collectors Alliance also...image
    ......Larry........image
  • Options
    PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,443 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

Big wholesaler to TV guys and they sell online.

Call them. Ask for Steve and explain your problem.

Cameron Kiefer >>

Make sure you call them collect. image

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• Options
    BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,302 ✭✭✭✭✭
    John,

Curious, with their attitude, as to the value of the coins....?

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• Options
    Widgets. $75 each.
    Coin Photos

• Options

I have lived in NJ all my life and NEVER heard of these people.
    Chaz

Proud recipient of Y.S. Award on 07/26/08.
  • Options
    BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,302 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Widgets. $75 each. >>

May explain a few things...poor customer service by a flunky.
    Sucks what you are going through.....I think they are just a pump and dump if they do work primarily with the tv show hawkers....

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• Options
    VamGuyVamGuy Posts: 1,624

<< <i>Call them. Ask for Steve and explain your problem. >>

From where I sit, it's not John's problem, it's theirs. They f-ed up, he made efforts to correct THEIR mistake, and they have been uncooperative as well as deceptive & dishonest.

Let THEM call YOU and explain THEIR problem.
  • Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,850 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I'm sorry, but we've seemed to run out of time for this session.
    We'll pick it up next week where you left off.

image >>

John I empathize with your plight, but I must give credit where credit is due in the humor dept.
    It's a pity their customer service isn't as good as some people's humor around here.

Edit to add:
    I didn't mean to laugh, but that comment is funny.
  • Options
    zeus135zeus135 Posts: 1,043
    I'd never heard of them before either. Sorry to hear of your problems John, call them on their !-800 number and talk to Steve as Cameron suggested.

I just went to their website for the first (and last) time to check them out. They are selling 1963 Mint sets for $45.95! image
    My humble '63 mint registry set, not much, but it's mine!
  • Options
    cinman14cinman14 Posts: 2,489
    Send them an email telling them as soon as 20 bucks show up in your paypal account you will mail their coins back.

Don't forget to add the postage from your mom's house to Japan... Then sit back and have a nice shot of Saki
  • Options
    zennyzenny Posts: 1,549
    take this as a sign that perhaps you shouldn't bother buying widgets....
  • Options

<< <i>
    Let THEM call YOU and explain THEIR problem. >>

Great idea. Sound advise for any situation when a big company messes up. Just wait for them to call you.

I'd still be waiting for many things....

wrong % rate on a car loan they said I owed but they entered in the computer wrong.
    call from a police detective working a hit and run case. Another driver hit us and ran and of course dosent have insurance. I've called 5 times and still waiting for him to call me with the info on the driver.
    Insurance company billing for my daughters birth that they billed wrong.

Cameron Kiefer
  • Options
    I've come to the conclusion that this is their problem as someone pointed out. They sent me too much stuff albeit the wrong stuff. I have made a reasonable effort to get their items back to them but after the shipping costs I've already incurred I'm not shipping one thing at my expense. I have double the merchandise I paid for and it's hard to get too excited about that.

This has been going on for about a month and I have much more important stuff to deal with.

John
    Coin Photos

• Options
    BearlyHereBearlyHere Posts: 261 ✭✭✭✭

Very rude when I explained the order was not finalized. Send it back bye-bye.

• Options
    Jzyskowski1Jzyskowski1 Posts: 6,651 ✭✭✭✭✭

Dang it. Got me again. 14 year old thread and reading away, not a care in the world, or any idea of what decade I’m in😂😂🙀🦫
    Seems like once a day I find myself responding to a very old thread 😳

🎶 shout shout, let it all out 🎶

• Options
    coinhackcoinhack Posts: 1,131 ✭✭✭✭

Hmmm. A post that was made 13+ years ago by the original poster who hasn't been active for about 10 years and never said how his problem was resolved. And other posters who have been banned.

I wanted to comment but I'm at a loss for what to say. :*

• Options
    LanceNewmanOCCLanceNewmanOCC Posts: 19,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 28, 2022 3:16PM

@Jzyskowski1 said:
    Dang it. Got me again. 14 year old thread and reading away, not a care in the world, or any idea of what decade I’m in😂😂🙀🦫

(LOL) - you said it!

it seems most people here not catching a thread is really old are not paying enough attention to whom in the old thread posted. VERY few of these old threads have these members active anymore. it is the first thing i notice (well before the date) by since some do still post, i have also been snagged a few times. not the end of the world but once i catch on after looking around, just skip to the end to see what is going on.

in this new age of the forum where people are finding these threads, i presume by random engine search, we are well aware these will not be going away ANY time soon.

<--- look what's behind the mask! - cool link 1/NO ~ 2/NNP ~ 3/NNC ~ 4/CF ~ 5/PG ~ 6/Cert ~ 7/NGC 7a/NGC pop~ 8/NGCF ~ 9/HA archives ~ 10/PM ~ 11/NM ~ 12/ANACS cert ~ 13/ANACS pop - report fakes 1/ACEF ~ report fakes/thefts 1/NCIS - Numi-Classes SS ~ Bass ~ Transcribed Docs NNP - clashed coins - error training - V V mm styles -

• Options
    lkeneficlkenefic Posts: 7,831 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 28, 2022 4:16PM

Yes... an "Old Thread Alert" might be handy. Is Collectors Alliance still in business?

edited to add: It looks like they are...

Collecting: Dansco 7070; Middle Date Large Cents (VF-AU); Box of 20;

Successful BST transactions with: SilverEagles92; Ahrensdad; Smitty; GregHansen; Lablade; Mercury10c; copperflopper; whatsup; KISHU1; scrapman1077, crispy, canadanz, smallchange, robkool, Mission16, ranshdow, ibzman350, Fallguy, Collectorcoins, SurfinxHI, jwitten, Walkerguy21D, dsessom.
  • Options
    silverpopsilverpop Posts: 6,599 ✭✭✭✭✭

you will find some coin companies around now that the customer is least important but profit that is the key goal and returning things they will make it a pain

i deal with just one company and i have had no issues with them with buying or returning coins and they will try and work with you if issues happen

Coins for sale at link below
    https://photos.app.goo.gl/TyJbuBJf37WZ2KT19

• Options
    numismanumisma Posts: 3,877 ✭✭✭✭

@BearlyHere said:

Okay, so I think that @BearlyHere meant this to be for Collector's Universe, as opposed to Collector's Alliance. Note the comment about "order was not finalized." That, imho, means the vintage-thread-bumper has a grading submission at PCGS that is not yet finalized and he/she is not happy with the customer service. Just my guess.

• Options
    TomBTomB Posts: 20,735 ✭✭✭✭✭

@numisma said:

@BearlyHere said:

Okay, so I think that @BearlyHere meant this to be for Collector's Universe, as opposed to Collector's Alliance. Note the comment about "order was not finalized." That, imho, means the vintage-thread-bumper has a grading submission at PCGS that is not yet finalized and he/she is not happy with the customer service. Just my guess.

Perhaps @BearlyHere has been barely here since 2008 so he/she thought this was a current thread?

Thomas Bush Numismatics & Numismatic Photography

In honor of the memory of Cpl. Michael E. Thompson

• Options
    raysrays Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭✭✭

What happened to Cameron was unbelievably tragic for him, his family and all who knew him.

• Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,219 ✭✭✭✭✭

I got the impression some weren’t saddened by his loss

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    Jzyskowski1Jzyskowski1 Posts: 6,651 ✭✭✭✭✭

Well now here we are and guess who I have been buying from for the last couple months. Ofcourse. These guys 😂😂😂😂😂(. Everything has been good quality and fair price. Free shipping. So something has changed)
    I’m really losing my friggin mind as I posted about not noticing the age of this thread 😂😂😂
    I am forgetting at an accelerated pace 😁👶

🎶 shout shout, let it all out 🎶

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file