Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

OPERATION "STONE HOLEY"! (I recruited two Florida forum members for this LIVE treasure qu

1235»

Comments

• Options
    201?

!
  • Options
    savoyspecialsavoyspecial Posts: 7,272 ✭✭✭✭
    bumping a story from 10 months ago that was quite a read then.......i remember following the story at the time, hitting the "Refresh Page" button every 10 seconds or so

lol

enjoy for the weekend!

www.brunkauctions.com

• Options
    gripgrip Posts: 9,962 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was living in Texas while this was going on.
    And now im living in Martin County Fl.Maybe 15 min from my house.

• Options
    SwampboySwampboy Posts: 12,904 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What a thread.

It was like like watching a documentary being made in real time.

The entertainment can never be overdressed....except in burlesque

• Options
    deviousdevious Posts: 1,690
    Thanks for the bump. Quite an interesting read being a newcomer here. Loved the final story report.
  • Options
    500Bay500Bay Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭
    I was also hitting refresh all the time on this one.

Are coins your employment now, lordmarcovan?
    Finem Respice
  • Options
    pcgs69pcgs69 Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭✭
    Removed
  • Options
    ArtistArtist Posts: 2,012 ✭✭✭
    I remember watching this in real-time too - what a great thread!

• Options
    ONETHREEONETHREE Posts: 1,126
    I had sooo much fun torturing you guys that day.
    "It's not that the Irish are cynical. It's simply that they have a wonderful lack of respect for everything and everybody." - Brendan Behan

Proud Participant in Operation "Stone Holey" August 7, 2008
  • Options
    I was just reminiscing this morning and thought I would resurrect this one. image
    "It's not that the Irish are cynical. It's simply that they have a wonderful lack of respect for everything and everybody." - Brendan Behan

• Options
    STONESTONE Posts: 15,275
    Did someone mention my name image
  • Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,400 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Haha. Funny to see this old blast from the past again. I was just thinking about it because TC71 has been a participant on Operation Paperclip 2012, over on the Swap forum.

At the time, I had no idea that the Yap money was so valuable! I was offering peanuts! image

Too bad so many of the old pictures have gone red-X.

I remember telling Dad about this and he thought I was nuts. Told me so in a not very complimentary way, either. Of course I was nuts- this all went down the day after I lost my job in the big layoff (that company later went bankrupt as the economy tanked). But it was nice to have a crazy diversion to temporarily banish all the unpleasant things that were going on in my life at the time. The participants here were good sports to humor such a mad whim of mine, and it made for some good entertainment, even though it was the proverbial wild goose chase in the end.

PS- Forum Brass- before you ModSpank me over another OT thread, remember this is a moldy oldie, and I wasn't the one who resurrected it!

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    I still think there in the pond behind the houseimage
  • Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,400 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Could be... could be.

Reckon I should have TC71 and ONETHREE strap on some scuba gear? image

(There were snapping turtles in that pond back in the day, and an occasional 'gator now and then, if memory serves.)

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    TorinoCobra71TorinoCobra71 Posts: 8,043 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I was just reminiscing this morning and thought I would resurrect this one. image >>

That was a GREAT ADVENTURE!

• Options
    nwcoastnwcoast Posts: 2,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow!!!
    Thanks for bumping up this amazing hiistory and thread!!!
    It's a GREAT and captivating read even a few years after the fact...image

Happy, humble, honored and proud recipient of the “You Suck” award 10/22/2014

• Options
    seanqseanq Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If it is any consolation, a quick search did not find any subsequent property transactions, the last one is till the August 2006 sale, so it is likely they did not end up losing the home to foreclosure.

Sean Reynolds
    Incomplete planchets wanted, especially Lincoln Cents & type coins.

"Keep in mind that most of what passes as numismatic information is no more than tested opinion at best, and marketing blather at worst. However, I try to choose my words carefully, since I know that you guys are always watching." - Joe O'Connor
  • Options
    Great thread , it's the first time ive seen it and read it start to finish. I can't help think those stones are not too far away from where they were 35 years ago.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>I was just reminiscing this morning and thought I would resurrect this one. image >>

image >>

I don't know what possessed me that day. However, I would not trade that experience for anything.

• Options
    TorinoCobra71TorinoCobra71 Posts: 8,043 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

image >>

I don't know what possessed me that day. However, I would not trade that experience for anything. >>

Getting time OFF FROM WORK?

imageimageimage

• Options
    I remember the poor old guy thought you all were going
    to take his house LOL.
  • Options
    TURBOTURBO Posts: 494 ✭✭✭
    Just finished reading every word for the first time!! GREAT!!!image
  • Options

<< <i>If it is any consolation, a quick search did not find any subsequent property transactions, the last one is till the August 2006 sale, so it is likely they did not end up losing the home to foreclosure.

Sean Reynolds >>

Sean:

That is great news. Thanks for posting.

Tim

P.S. Unfortunately it appears as if they did lose it in January of 2012. The bank filed a lis pendens on the house about one month after this thread in September of 2008.

04-38-41-011-003-00030-1 21509 933 E 6TH ST, STUART $125,050 2/18/2012

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Owner Information
    Owner(Current) DEUTSCHE BANK NATIONAL TRUST CO (TR)

Owner/Mail Address 1661 WORTHINGTON RD SUITE 100
    WEST PALM BEACH FL 33409
    Sale Date 1/3/2012
    Document Book/Page 2554 1577
    Document No. 2310211
    Sale Price 120100

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Location/Description
    Account # 21509
    Tax District 3100

Parcel Address 933 E 6TH ST, STUART
    Acres .4280

Map Page No. O-04B
    Legal Description LAKE CLARE SECTION OF ST LUCIE ESTATES LOTS 3, 4 & 5 BLK 3

Parcel Type

Use Code 0100 Single Family
    Neighborhood 333860 Stypmann Park . . . . .

Assessment Information
    Market Land Value $60,000
    Market Improvement Value $65,050
    Market Total Value $125,050

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file