Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

This IS the Official Heisman Rookie Set Thread!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comments

• Options
    recbballrecbball Posts: 1,520 ✭✭✭
    Way to go knocking down that Hart Rob, it's all downhill from here.
    I know there's a buy-it-now Hart psa 6 on ebay for $850... too much for me.
  • Options
    Tom,

Sorry if it sound like I bought the Hart, but the guy with the set called J's Heisman Set bought it for four something. I have been trying to talk him out of it, but he wont budge

Looking for:
    Heisman Rookies
    Heisman Collection set singles
    Eddie George PSA rookies
  • Options
    If anyone is interested, I have the following cards for sale.

1991 Heisman Joe Bellino psa 9
    1991 Heisman Joe Bellino psa 8.5
    1991 Heisman Joe Bellino psa 8
    2007 Sp Authentic Troy Smith psa 8.5

If anyone is interested please just let me know.

Thank You,

Rob

Looking for:
    Heisman Rookies
    Eddie George PSA rookies
  • Options
    I am a rookie on these boards, so forgive me if I am out of line, but if anyone has any cards that I need to upgrade my Heisman set, I would appreciate it if we could work out some deals...thanks to all in advance (I am currently #2 on the registry). You can email me at azfletch59@cox.net. Regards, Pete.
    Successful transactions with FavreFan1971, ffishonn, Davemri, Publius, DavidPuddy, frcarvell, recbball, and many others...
  • Options

<< <i>I am a rookie on these boards, so forgive me if I am out of line, but if anyone has any cards that I need to upgrade my Heisman set, I would appreciate it if we could work out some deals...thanks to all in advance (I am currently #2 on the registry). You can email me at azfletch59@cox.net. Regards, Pete. >>

Hello Pete, welcome to the boards. You have a very nice set going...or to be more honest sets going.

I am set #10 so I don't think I can help you, but I can say I sold you couple Ozzie Newsome PSA 10's in the past and you paid very fast and had great communication.

Clear Skies,
    Mark

Collecting PSA graded Steve Young, Marcus Allen, Bret Saberhagen and 1980s Topps Cards.
    Raw: Tony Gonzalez (low #'d cards, and especially 1/1's) and Steve Young.
  • Options
    Hi Mark...Thanks very much for your kind words. I actually have many high grade Heismans that I will be selling soon as I have been trying to upgrade...let me know what is high on your want list and we'll make some deals. also, thanks for the Newsomes....looking for an '88 Topps PSA 10 if you find one!

Best to all,

Pete
    Successful transactions with FavreFan1971, ffishonn, Davemri, Publius, DavidPuddy, frcarvell, recbball, and many others...
  • Options
    macboubemacboube Posts: 336 ✭✭
    I have posted some more '55 All Americans for sale on the BAY, including a couple of Heisman Rooks...........all PSA 7.5's

Hey Fletcher........if you can't afford the O'Brien 9...............buy the 7.5 !!!!!!!
  • Options
    Fletch - hook me up with $10K for the O'Brien 10! Come on Pete........

• Options
    Hi everyone,

I won a PSA 5 '48 Leaf Lujack RC last night, so I have my PSA 3 Lujack available if any needs it for $30.00 delivered. SOLD SOLD SOLD
    There is a scan of the card in my Heisman set.

recbball's Heisman set

Thanks,
    Tom
  • Options
    gregm13gregm13 Posts: 5,798 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Hi everyone,

I won a PSA 5 '48 Leaf Lujack RC last night, so I have my PSA 3 Lujack available if any needs it for $30.00 delivered.
    There is a scan of the card in my Heisman set.

recbball's Heisman set

Thanks,
    Tom >>

PM sent.

Greg M.
    Collecting vintage auto'd fb cards and Dan Marino cards!!

References:
    Onlychild, Ahmanfan, fabfrank, wufdude, jradke, Reese, Jasp, thenavarro
    E-Bay id: greg_n_meg
  • Options
    Tom,

Nice pickup on the Lujack!

Jasen
  • Options
    Tom,

Nice pickup on the Lujack!

Jasen

Thanks Jason, there was a '48 Nomellini PSA 5 that I wanted from the same seller but I was a couple hundred bucks off on the bid. That's a tuff card to get in any shape.
  • Options
    I have the following cards avaialbe for sale. If you are interested please just pm me.

1955 Topps All-American Angelo Bertelli psa 4mk $10
    1957 Topps Howard Cassady psa 6 $15
    1960 Fleer Billy Cannon psa 7 $70
    1970 Topps Mike Garrett psa 7 $10
    1977 Topps John Cappelletti psa 8 $10
    1977 Topps Archie Griffin psa 8 $15

1991 Heisman Collection Joseph Bellino psa 9 $15
    1991 Heisman Collection Joseph Bellino psa 8.5 $10
    1991 Heisman Collection Joseph Bellino psa 8 $8
    1994 Stadium Club Charlie Ward psa 8 $8

2006 Topps Matt Leinart psa 10 $10
    2006 Topps Chrome Reggie Bush psa 10 $25
    2007 Sp Authentic Troy Smith psa 9 $20
    2007 Sp Authentic Troy Smith psa 8.5 $15

All prices are delivered. Just let me know.

Thanks
    Rob

Looking for:
    Heisman Rookies
    Eddie George PSA rookies
  • Options
    I have several PSA 8's in the '55 AA's on the Bay. Included is B. Smith. Auction expires 3-4 pm. I will then be posting several PSA 7's including some Heisman rooks.
  • Options
    BigZBigZ Posts: 78
    I just picked up the Leon Hart in a psa 6, Thanks Jasen for the help with that one.

Rob

Looking for:
    Heisman Rookies
    Eddie George PSA rookies
  • Options
    If there is anyone out in the Midwest, there are going to be a ton of Heisman trophy winners at the Overland Park International Trade Center, as well as other stars/HOF's. The show kicks takes place on the April3-5 weekend. Here is a list of the players scheduled to attend. Yes, they are charging per graph.

Matt Leinart($59),Reggie Bush($128),Marcus Allen($79),Steve Owens,Billy Sims,Jason White, Johnny Rodgers,Mike Rozier and Eric Crouch.

• Options
    CSUrunandstunCSUrunandstun Posts: 573 ✭✭✭
    Thread Bumpage...if anyone is looking for upgrades/additions, my #2 set (which is #8 now...)is available....
  • Options
    Bump
  • Options
    ndwsndws Posts: 132 ✭✭

<< <i>Thread Bumpage...if anyone is looking for upgrades/additions, my #2 set (which is #8 now...)is available.... >>

PM sent
  • Options
    B. Smith's Heisman rookie card is the '48 Bowman...
  • Options
    ndwsndws Posts: 132 ✭✭

<< <i>B. Smith's Heisman rookie card is the '48 Bowman... >>

I sent a PM, but sometimes I think those are hit and miss. Send me an email if you have a chance, I'm interested in the 1970 Topps Mike Garrett you have. ndws@rainbowtel.net

Thanks.

Nathan
  • Options
    Picked up the only PSA 8 "unrubbed" '51 Topps Magic Vic Janowicz at the national. It is gorgeous and was not designated "unrubbed" on the flip. I took it over to PSA and they said it would be able to have the new "unrubbed" designation, so they are putting a new flip on it as we speak. It is now the one and only PSA-8 "unrubbed" Janowicz on earth. (there are only 2 8s in existence as it is). Still looking for a '54 Bowman Lattner PSA 8 though...

Fletch
  • Options
    DavidPuddyDavidPuddy Posts: 3,483 ✭✭✭
    Scan of the Janowicz? I'd love to see it.
    "The Sipe market is ridiculous right now"
    CDsNuts, 1/9/15
  • Options
    gregmo32gregmo32 Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭
    Hpw tough to get is the Doug Flutie USFL PSA 10 these days? Has anyone seen any recent sales?
    I am buying and trading for RC's of Wilt Chamberlain, George Mikan, Bill Russell, Oscar Robertson, Jerry West, and Bob Cousy!
    Don't waste your time and fees listing on ebay before getting in touch me by PM or at gregmo32@aol.com !
  • Options
    I looked for about 3 years before I got mine...
  • Options

<< <i>Scan of the Janowicz? I'd love to see it. >>

When I get it from PSA, I will try to scan it into my set. (thanks for the Newsome 9!)
  • Options

<< <i>Scan of the Janowicz? I'd love to see it. >>

Janowicz 8
  • Options
    Just updated my set if anyone would like to check it out...thanks (thanks for posting the scan, Nike24801)

Fletch
  • Options
    That 8 is awesome.

I'll have to scan my lowly low grade examples for you guys.
    CDsNuts, 1/9/15
  • Options
    CDsNuts, 1/9/15
  • Options

<< <i>image >>

That 3 looks as good as my 8 !!
  • Options
    Why in God's great name is that only a three?
  • Options
    Nicest 3 you're ever going to see.

It has a horizontal crease. You can see it coming though in the Silver, directly below the Buckeye about half way down.
    It's pack fresh, and if it didn't have that crease it would be a solid 7/8.
    CDsNuts, 1/9/15
  • Options
    Someone please sell me a '54 Bowman John Lattner PSA-8!!
  • Options
    Finally found the Lattner!!!....and a couple other beautys as well. My set is now updated if anyone would like to check it out. Always looking to upgrade it if anyone can help.

Fletch
  • Options
    Fletch, you are by far the cream of the crop with this set, congrats...

Rob

Looking for:
    Heisman Rookies
    Eddie George PSA rookies
  • Options
    Thanks Rob....I think my backup set has some cards that will fill holes/upgrade for you if you like....(or if anyone else is interested, they are for sale)

Fletch

• Options
    I am finally getting around to scanning my set...all of the older cards are scanned now, I will finish as time permits. Any thoughts on this year's winner? My guess is Colt Mccoy.
  • Options
    Pete

Colt had a mediocare beginning. Gerhart (Stan.) has been solid all season. Allen sez he will win it.
  • Options
    Hi Jim...Gerhardt would be a MAJOR surprise...but I would love to see him do it. I will stick with my choice of McCoy. My top 6:

Colt McCoy.....Texas
    TimTebow.....Florida
    Toby Gerhart.....Stanford
    Kellen Moore.....Boise St.
    Dan Lefevour.....Cental Michigan
    Mark Ingram.....Alabama

• Options
    Fletch:

Now Allen says you are right, McCoy will win. He thinks Gerhart should win, but his team is not one of the top teams. He believes that since Tebow, Bradford and McCoy were the three top finalists last year, and both Bradford and Tebow have already won it, they will give it to McCoy.

I think after Gerharts outstanding final game against ND, he will gain a lot of voters......we'll see.

• Options
    I would have to say it is all gonna come down to this weekend. Right now I would say the favorites are McCoy, Tebow and Ingram in that order, Gerhart had a great year and his stats say he should be up there, but his team is not where it needs to be. For Ingram to have a shot he is gonna need a huge day. Tebow will have to well outperform Colt to win it in my opinion. You never know though thats why I love college football.

Rob

Looking for:
    Heisman Rookies
    Eddie George PSA rookies
  • Options
    alnavmanalnavman Posts: 4,129 ✭✭✭
    thought I'd ask the experts....did Charlie Ward win the Heisman????
  • Options
    Yes, in 1993.
    His RC in the set is 1994 TOPPS STADIUM CLUB #371.
  • Options
    alnavmanalnavman Posts: 4,129 ✭✭✭
    thanks, I don't have any of the football but recently sent in some of his basketball RC's for grading.
  • Options
    So with Topps and Topps Chrome losing their license for Football cards, what are we thinking for the upcomming Tebow and Bradford RC cards. Any Ideas?
  • Options
    MeteoriteGuyMeteoriteGuy Posts: 7,140 ✭✭
    No love for the Heisman thread in a while.

I have noticed several are still working on their sets.

Your set is getting very impressive Flecter. I really like your Ron Dayne and getting a 10 on that 1993 Dac Gary Beben is pretty good. Those cards are hard 10s...and the series 3 sets fairly expensive for what they are. I hope you were the one that scored that 10 Hershel Walker this last week. That card looked pretty sweet.

Have a few on the way, including one of the SP Salaam PSA 10's, a Charles White 9 and a 8OC Jay Berwanger. I might even move into the bottom of the top 10 this week (?).

A few more cards and I will only need the ones before the 70s.

Will add some needed thread scans when my news cards arrive.

Clear Skies,
    Mark
    Collecting PSA graded Steve Young, Marcus Allen, Bret Saberhagen and 1980s Topps Cards.
    Raw: Tony Gonzalez (low #'d cards, and especially 1/1's) and Steve Young.
  • Options
    It has been quiet on this front for a long time. We have had a few new additions recently and I have to say I am impressed with Sandlots set he is starting to put together. I believe he is the one that got the Herschel 10. I thought Fletch has had his for a while, but I could be wrong.

Rob

Looking for:
    Heisman Rookies
    Eddie George PSA rookies
  • Options
    Hi guys...yeah, lets get this thread going! I have had Herschel for a while now...congrats to whoever got that one...If any of you guys is looking for Heisman rookies to fill holes or upgrade, I have a lot of great cards for you. I just sold a '48 Bowman Lujack PSA-7 to a member of these boards, so let me know what you need and I'm sure we can work out some deals! Good luck to all with your collections!!

Fletch
  • Options
    I was the one that bought the psa 7 Lujack off of Pete and it was a great pleasure. I recomend him to everyone. He is very fair and knows his stuff when it comes to cards and their true value. Again it was a pleasure doing business. On to more pressing matters we are getting two new additions this year finally after a long wait. We should try and decide as a group what card we are going to appoint instead of everyone trying to appoint a card and having multiple votes. With no Upper Deck this year I personally would like Topps Chrome if there is not a better option. Let me know what you guys think.

Rob

Looking for:
    Heisman Rookies
    Eddie George PSA rookies