Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

This IS the Official Heisman Rookie Set Thread!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comments

• Options

<< <i>Does anyone have any idea how much a PSA 10 USFL Doug Flutie would sell for on eBay or other auction? >>

The last one sold a little over a year ago for $280.

Jasen
  • Options
    envoy98envoy98 Posts: 4,000 ✭✭
    If anyone is interested, I just got back an order from PSA with a number of Heisman cards in there.

Linky

As always, free shipping for board members.
  • Options
    BigZBigZ Posts: 78

<< <i>If anyone is interested, I just got back an order from PSA with a number of Heisman cards in there.

Linky

As always, free shipping for board members. >>

PM SENT

Looking for:
    Heisman Rookies
    Heisman Collection set singles
    Eddie George PSA rookies
  • Options
    envoy98envoy98 Posts: 4,000 ✭✭
    BigZ - I've replied to your first pm, and again to this one. Now I know why you aren't getting them. You don't have your PM's turned on! image

I've set aside the card you wanted. You can send paypal to geek2@comcast.net shipping is free.

**Sorry for posting this here guys**
  • Options
    Ok guys the email has been recieved and this was there reply.

Hi Robert,

Your email has been received. Thank you.

We will review and poll registrants on the changes you wish to make sometime after the awards deadline.

Thank you,

Cosetta Robbins

Assistant Set Registry Manager

Collectors Universe Inc.

Looking for:
    Heisman Rookies
    Eddie George PSA rookies
  • Options
    Can't wait for the vote!
  • Options
    If anyone is interested I have a John Huarte Psa 6(MC) and a psa 5.5. Just PM me with an offer if you are interested. Figured I would offer them up to you guys before I put them up on the Bay.

Rob

Looking for:
    Heisman Rookies
    Eddie George PSA rookies
  • Options
    CSUrunandstunCSUrunandstun Posts: 573 ✭✭✭
    I am looking for a Flutie PSA 10 if you have one for sale...thx
    Successful transactions with FavreFan1971, ffishonn, Davemri, Publius, DavidPuddy, frcarvell, recbball, and many others...
  • Options
    gregm13gregm13 Posts: 5,798 ✭✭✭
    I have a PSA 9 1997 SP Authentic Danny Wuerffel available foR $15 dlvd obo. Please PM or e-mail me at montooth13 at yahoo.com if interested.

Rgs,

Greg M.
    Collecting vintage auto'd fb cards and Dan Marino cards!!

References:
    Onlychild, Ahmanfan, fabfrank, wufdude, jradke, Reese, Jasp, thenavarro
    E-Bay id: greg_n_meg
  • Options
    Jason,

If we get these changes implemented, can we get you to work on the set weighting like you do for the HOF RC set? What are your thoughts on the current weighting? It seems odd to me at first glance that there is not a card in the set with a 10 weighting.

Jasen
  • Options
    JasP24JasP24 Posts: 4,645 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Jason,

If we get these changes implemented, can we get you to work on the set weighting like you do for the HOF RC set? What are your thoughts on the current weighting? It seems odd to me at first glance that there is not a card in the set with a 10 weighting.

Jasen >>

Believe it or not, PSA is working on a program that will set the grade weighting automatically based on the SMR. Not sure how often it will update, but the way Cosetta explained it, it could/should update the set weightings everytime the SMR prices change. I don't have the full story, so I'm not sure how this will shake out or what time frame they are looking at. IF (big if IMO) these set changes are made and they are still using the old weighting system, then sure I will put a spreadsheet together and send updates/corrections to Cosetta.

Jason

I'm here to question, not to inspire or build up. To live how I want, as I see fit,
    according to my values and my needs. Nothing holds dominion over me, I stand alone as the ruler of my life.
  • Options
    It seems to me that the Janowicz and the Hart rookies should be weighted above Hornung based soley on scarcity. What do you guys think.

Rob

Looking for:
    Heisman Rookies
    Eddie George PSA rookies
  • Options

<< <i>It seems to me that the Janowicz and the Hart rookies should be weighted above Hornung based soley on scarcity. What do you guys think.

Rob >>

The criteria for the set weighting (at least for the other set I am collecting) is based on each card's value in PSA 8. The scarcity of the Janowicz and Hart RCs would be a factor in determining each card's value at that grade level, but wouldn't necessarily bump the card's weighting on its own.

Jasen
  • Options
    recbballrecbball Posts: 1,520 ✭✭✭
    Hi everyone,

I have an order from PSA that is being shipped to me right now.
    I have an extra 1981 TOPPS 100 BILLY SIMS PSA 8 if anyone needs it for their set - $8.00 shipped
    You can have a 1978 TOPPS 63 JOHNNY RODGERS PSA 6 for an extra 2 bucks.
    I also have a 1989 Score Tim Brown PSA 8 on e-Bay

Thanks,
    Tom
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>It seems to me that the Janowicz and the Hart rookies should be weighted above Hornung based soley on scarcity. What do you guys think.

Rob >>

The criteria for the set weighting (at least for the other set I am collecting) is based on each card's value in PSA 8. The scarcity of the Janowicz and Hart RCs would be a factor in determining each card's value at that grade level, but wouldn't necessarily bump the card's weighting on its own.

Jasen >>

If they are going to do the set weighting based on SMR value, then they really need to get a clue what these cards are going for. SMR seems to be pretty close on the new stuff, but way off on the older stuff. The 1951 Topps Magic Janowicz sells for way more than SMR value.

Rob

Looking for:
    Heisman Rookies
    Eddie George PSA rookies
  • Options

<< <i>

If they are going to do the set weighting based on SMR value, then they really need to get a clue what these cards are going for. SMR seems to be pretty close on the new stuff, but way off on the older stuff. The 1951 Topps Magic Janowicz sells for way more than SMR value.

Rob >>

It's up to us to e-mail and provide them with information on SMR changes. Back in Jan. when I was trying to get the NFL HOF RC set weighted based on VCP/actual values, it got denied and I was told SMR values only. The trick is getting the SMR updated/corrected. PSA doesn't subscribe to VCP and they don't have anyone tasked to track prices. I put together a spreadsheet of all average PSA 8 values of the HOF RCs based on VCP and sent it in to PSA. The past few months, the HOF RCs have been going up in price in the SMR.

So if you want the SMR fixed, you'll have to track realized prices and send that info to PSA.

Jason
    I'm here to question, not to inspire or build up. To live how I want, as I see fit,
    according to my values and my needs. Nothing holds dominion over me, I stand alone as the ruler of my life.
  • Options
    otwcardsotwcards Posts: 5,291 ✭✭✭
    Since I'm sort of working on this set as a parallel to my HOF RC set (and 48 Leaf set), I'm sort of confused on some of the selections of the RC's. Shouldn't the Lujack be the '48 Leaf rather than the Bowman? And some of the more recent Heisman winners are in sets that are quite "generic."

I realize that things probably won't change as most of the original folks already have the "alternative" cards in their sets, but what about the possibility of have "options" to use other RC's for the players with multiple issues?

Just a thought.
  • Options

<< <i>Since I'm sort of working on this set as a parallel to my HOF RC set (and 48 Leaf set), I'm sort of confused on some of the selections of the RC's. Shouldn't the Lujack be the '48 Leaf rather than the Bowman? And some of the more recent Heisman winners are in sets that are quite "generic."

I realize that things probably won't change as most of the original folks already have the "alternative" cards in their sets, but what about the possibility of have "options" to use other RC's for the players with multiple issues?

Just a thought. >>

Scott,

Read through the preceding pages of this thread, there is going to be a vote on changing the set comp. Make sure your set is registered and join the Heisman Set revolution!!!

Jasen
  • Options
    I have a few hopefull changes waiting in my football showcase.
    FB Showcase
  • Options
    Wow, the board has been really quite as of late. You would think it would heat up with the college football season just around the corner. I just wanted to put up my need list in case anyone has anything available.

1948 Bowman Bruce Smith psa 5 or 6
    1948 Bowman Les Horvath psa 5 or 6
    1948 Bowman Johnny Lujack psa 5
    1948 Leaf Johnny Lujack psa 6
    1948 Leaf Leon Hart psa 5 or 6
    1951 Topps Magic Vic Janowicz psa 5 or 6
    1954 Bowman Johnny Lattern psa 6
    1955 Topps All-American Jay Berwanger psa 6
    1955 Topps All-American Nile Kinnick psa 6
    1955 Topps All-American Tom Harmon psa 6
    1955 Topps All-American Frank Sinkwich psa 6
    1956 Topps Billy Vessels psa 7
    1960 Fleer Billy Cannon psa 7 or 8
    1962 Topps Ernie Davis psa 6 or 7
    1970 Topps O.J. Simpson psa 8

Even if you have some raw cards, I would still be interested.

Rob

Looking for:
    Heisman Rookies
    Eddie George PSA rookies
  • Options
    I still haven't seen a poll come out for the changes yet..Anyone else?

Jason
  • Options
    I will email them today to see what is the hold up on this. Thanks for reminding me Jason.

Rob

Looking for:
    Heisman Rookies
    Eddie George PSA rookies
  • Options
    Any news on a poll for changes to the set?
  • Options
    I still have not heard anything.

Rob

P.S. Congrats on winning that Janowicz, I really didnt think it would go over $200.

Looking for:
    Heisman Rookies
    Eddie George PSA rookies
  • Options
    Thanks Rob, I think I had a dollar to spare on my max bid.
  • Options
    You guys are making it tough on me. I just picked up a psa 7 Billy Cannon, and had to pay almost twice what I wanted to pay for it.

Rob

Looking for:
    Heisman Rookies
    Eddie George PSA rookies
  • Options
    Ok guys I just got word that we should be getting wind of the poll sometime after August 4th. As we all know the national convention is this week and Cosetta is working the booth there. Her assistant said she would get back to me when she returned.

Rob

Looking for:
    Heisman Rookies
    Eddie George PSA rookies
  • Options
    I'm looking forward to getting this vote....I haven't really wanted go after any cards in this set if the vote doesn't go through. BTW, anyone in Chicago for the National? I really wanted to go, but couldn't due to family commitments.

Jasen
  • Options
    The news is finally in on the new rookies. I kind of expected it to go like this. Here is Cosetta's email.

Sorry for the delay in my reply. I am still catching up from my week at National. We will be adding the rookie cards as either/or. No poll is necessary as this is a rookie card set. You will be notified once the composite has been updated.

So good news for us that wanted to see a better quality of cards.

Rob

Looking for:
    Heisman Rookies
    Eddie George PSA rookies
  • Options

<< <i>The news is finally in on the new rookies. I kind of expected it to go like this. Here is Cosetta's email.

Sorry for the delay in my reply. I am still catching up from my week at National. We will be adding the rookie cards as either/or. No poll is necessary as this is a rookie card set. You will be notified once the composite has been updated.

So good news for us that wanted to see a better quality of cards.

Rob >>

If it is either/or, that means collectors will be able to collect multiple/different cards of each player...Will make the grade weighting really tough...

it also lessens the value of some the cards since cheaper alternates will count the same and it appears they will leave the option of having autographed cards on the set...I guess that was the compromise since this set was created before the no autographed cards rule came about for the HOF and key Card sets...

I'll be deleting my set, as I'm just not interested in collecting multi-card per player sets...I hope they don't decide to make changes to any of the other Key Card sets with either/or.

Jason
  • Options
    The composite has been updated.

• Options
    Anybody have any extra or surplus cards they want to get rid of.

Thanks

Rob

Looking for:
    Heisman Rookies
    Eddie George PSA rookies
  • Options
    MeteoriteGuyMeteoriteGuy Posts: 7,140 ✭✭

<< <i>The composite has been updated. >>

+1 to PSA for fixing the composition. I even like that you have an option on a couple cards in the later years where there isn't a real clear key card.

Mark

Collecting PSA graded Steve Young, Marcus Allen, Bret Saberhagen and 1980s Topps Cards.
    Raw: Tony Gonzalez (low #'d cards, and especially 1/1's) and Steve Young.
  • Options
    Got a tuff one in the mail today.

• Options
    Very nice, the new additions to the set really helped you out.

Congrats Recbball

Rob

Looking for:
    Heisman Rookies
    Eddie George PSA rookies
  • Options
    Thanks Rob. I bought most of the cards from the 90's and later raw and submitted them on the June special.
    The discussions over which is the best card for the more modern players that you would have with Jason and the other board members helped me out alot on what card to buy. I have very limited knowledge on the more modern cards.
    Thanks to everyone who helped with the new composition.
  • Options
    Well the season officially starts tomorrow, who is everyone picking to win the award this year.

Rob

Looking for:
    Heisman Rookies
    Eddie George PSA rookies
  • Options
    Hi Rob,

That QB from Florida was pretty good last year, but I really don't know.
  • Options
    MeteoriteGuyMeteoriteGuy Posts: 7,140 ✭✭
    My newest addition...

Sort of a tough card, at least in a 10...I notice many of the top 10 sets have an 8 or do not have the card.
    Collecting PSA graded Steve Young, Marcus Allen, Bret Saberhagen and 1980s Topps Cards.
  • Options
    Nice Detmer Mark, I can't even find one raw.
  • Options

<< <i>Nice Detmer Mark, I can't even find one raw. >>

Thanks, I got it from psa-set-guy, who listed it in their eBay store for $20. At pop. 6 with the recent demand in the registry, by people like you and me I thought it was a very fair deal. They had also listed a 1989 Topps Traded Steve Young PSA 10, which was something I have been looking for. Have purchased a lot from psa-set-guy with never a problem.

• Options
    I too got my PSA 10 from Psa-Set-Guy about five months ago. At the time he only charged me $15. Just as he listed it I was about to send in a few to get graded. I have 7-10 raw ones that I think would be 9's maybe 10's if I got lucky, but I jumped at the $15. Congrats

Rob

Looking for:
    Heisman Rookies
    Eddie George PSA rookies
  • Options
    gregm13gregm13 Posts: 5,798 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Anybody have any extra or surplus cards they want to get rid of.

Thanks

Rob >>

Rob,

PM sent.

Greg M.
    Collecting vintage auto'd fb cards and Dan Marino cards!!

References:
    Onlychild, Ahmanfan, fabfrank, wufdude, jradke, Reese, Jasp, thenavarro
    E-Bay id: greg_n_meg
  • Options
    I bit the bullet last night and bought the nicest raw 1962 TOPPS ERNIE DAVIS that I could find. I saw a preview for his movie last night and it got me to thinking about how the movie Invincible gave Vince Papale's RC a huge push. Davis' RC is already pricey and I don't want to pay more than I already did.
  • Options
    An interesting day for Heisman hopefuls, with Beanie suffering the foot injury and Tebow not having to do a whole lot with the rest of the team scoring in the Gators' 56-10 romp. We'll see what the defending Heisman winner does next week against Miami. GO GATORS!!!!

Jasen
  • Options
    Hey recbball, did you find a psa 10 Detmer, or did you get that off the cards you bought off of me? I just picked up an SGC 80 Vic Janowicz to try and cross over to a 6 or better. I will try and get a scan up before I send it in.

Rob

Looking for:
    Heisman Rookies
    Eddie George PSA rookies
  • Options
    PSA Set guy. The ones you gave me missed the submission I put in by a day.
    I'll submitt them next month.
    Good luck on the Janowicz sub.
  • Options
    Got my sub back from my renewal vouchers:

Line # Item # Cert # Grade Description Type Country
    1 1 15126651 VERY GOOD 3 1948 LEAF 13 JOHNNY LUJACK JOHNNY SPELLED CORRECT Card US
    2 1 15126652 EXCELLENT 5 1948 BOWMAN 71 LESLIE HORVATH Card US
    3 1 15126653 VERY GOOD-EXCELLENT 4 1948 BOWMAN 104 BRUCE SMITH Card US
    4 1 15126654 EXCELLENT-MINT 6 1950 BOWMAN 8 MAC SPEEDIE Card US
    5 1 15126655 VERY GOOD-EXCELLENT 4 1952 BOWMAN SMALL 85 ANDY ROBUSTELLI Card US
    6 1 15126656 EXCELLENT 5 1962 TOPPS 36 ERNIE DAVIS Card US

I got about what I expected. The Lujack was a SGC crackout of a 3. I thought the Bruce Smith was a 5 and was hoping for a 6 on the Ernie Davis, Oh well. I'll post scans when they come in.
    I also have another small sub with some Heismans waiting to pop. If all goes well with that sub I'll only need two more cards, but one of the is a big one, '48 Hart.
  • Options
    Congrats Recbball, just got back a sub with Dayne 10, Troy Smith 10, and Crouch 9, I also submitted some Bellino's and got 3 9's highest ones graded. J just picked up a real nice '48 Hart psa 6 for a real good price. I guess the down economy benefits some of us.

Looking for:
    Heisman Rookies
    Eddie George PSA rookies
  • Options