Home U.S. Coin Forum

For those of you who wanted to see my new TOP POP HK-222 here it is!

MadMartyMadMarty Posts: 16,697 ✭✭✭
POP 1/0 1893 World's Columbian Expo HK-222 PF68UCAM

It is not exactly cheating, I prefer to consider it creative problem solving!!!

Comments

• Stunning!
  • drwstr123drwstr123 Posts: 7,036 ✭✭✭✭✭
    WOW!
  • Awesome.
    Could use a sticker tho.image
  • RussRuss Posts: 48,514 ✭✭✭
    That is rather cool.

Russ, NCNE
  • JCMhoustonJCMhouston Posts: 5,306 ✭✭✭
  • LucyBopLucyBop Posts: 14,001 ✭✭✭
    Very cool daddy-o!
    imageBe Bop A Lula!!
    "Senorita HepKitty"
    "I want a real cool Kitty from Hepcat City, to stay in step with me" - Bill Carter
  • tmot99tmot99 Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭
  • BubbleheadBubblehead Posts: 1,621 ✭✭✭

QRK5/5

(Super good.......

signal...)image
  • rgCoinGuyrgCoinGuy Posts: 7,478
    That is very cool!
    imageQuid pro quo. Yes or no?
  • 21Walker21Walker Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭
    Keeper of the poultry...............That is one fie piece................Rick
    If don't look like UNC, it probrably isn't UNC.....U.S. Coast Guard. Chief Petty Officer (Retired) (1970-1990)

EBAY Items
    http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZrlamir
  • Wow!

That's nice than I expected.
  • After seeing a coin like that, it amazes me that the coin collector population isn't more numerous.
  • CaptHenwayCaptHenway Posts: 31,950 ✭✭✭✭✭
    LucyBop's back!
    Numismatist. 50 year member ANA. Winner of four ANA Heath Literary Awards; three Wayte and Olga Raymond Literary Awards; Numismatist of the Year Award 2009, and Lifetime Achievement Award 2020. Winner numerous NLG Literary Awards.
  • imageimageimageimage
  • FlatwoodsFlatwoods Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Beautiful!
  • MadMartyMadMarty Posts: 16,697 ✭✭✭
    Aluminum SC$ are known for hairlines. To find one without them is very rare.

• That is incredible- it doesn't even look real- absolutely amazing coin.
    "College men from LSU- went in dumb, come out dumb too..."
    -Randy Newmanimage
  • BECOKABECOKA Posts: 16,960 ✭✭✭
    I'm Blind.......image
  • 08HALA2008HALA20 Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭

<< <i>LucyBop's back! >>

The coin is real nice but Lucy posting is Uber-Cool.

I miss her Frankies. Especially the 1955's

Joe
  • STONESTONE Posts: 15,275
    You Suck!!!
  • FatManFatMan Posts: 8,977
    You da man!image
  • keetskeets Posts: 25,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    imageimage
    Al, is that aluminum? Graded?
  • MrSpudMrSpud Posts: 4,498 ✭✭✭
    Cool watermark (top right, not on the 222) image

<< <i>Al, is that aluminum? Graded? >>

Stickered???

• cmerlo1cmerlo1 Posts: 7,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    DAYAM!!!
    You Suck! Awarded 6/2008- 1901-O Micro O Morgan, 8/2008- 1878 VAM-123 Morgan, 9/2022 1888-O VAM-1B3 H8 Morgan | Senior Regional Representative- ANACS Coin Grading. Posted opinions on coins are my own, and are not an official ANACS opinion.
  • GrivGriv Posts: 2,804
    PR67DCAM in a cross-over. IMO Too many pin marks. Awesome coin no doubt, actually quite beautful and I would certainly love to own it, but NGC. Come on. Cross it or toss it. image
  • Beautiful! I have never seen anything aluminum look that good, especially with so many years on it... makes my aluminum 1974 Italian 10 Lire look like a piece o' junk.
  • CocoinutCocoinut Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great-looking medal! Congrats!

Jim
    Countdown to completion of my Mercury Set: 2 coins. My growing Lincoln Set: Finally completed!

<< <i>PR67DCAM in a cross-over. IMO Too many pin marks. Awesome coin no doubt, actually quite beautful and I would certainly love to own it, but NGC. Come on. Cross it or toss it. image >>

Griv, I hate to break it to you... But PCGS DOESN'T GRADE SO CALLED DOLLARS!!!

• LongacreLongacre Posts: 16,717 ✭✭✭
    Nice!!
    Always took candy from strangers
    Didn't wanna get me no trade
    Never want to be like papa
    Working for the boss every night and day
    --"Happy", by the Rolling Stones (1972)

<< <i>PR67DCAM in a cross-over. IMO Too many pin marks. Awesome coin no doubt, actually quite beautful and I would certainly love to own it, but NGC. Come on. Cross it or toss it. image >>

What are you talking about? 1) What do you call pin marks? and 2) Cross to who? No one else really grades these other than NGC.
  • keetskeets Posts: 25,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    it's an HK-222 that graded PF67UCAM.

<< <i>it's an HK-222 that graded PF67UCAM. >>

It's a very nice one, as is Tom's 67UCAM

• RussRuss Posts: 48,514 ✭✭✭
    I see griv is making a fool of hinself - again.

Russ, NCNE

<< <i>I see griv is making a fool of hinself - again.

Russ, NCNE >>

It's the Kool-aid!!!image

• HighReliefHighRelief Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congrats on your TOP POP HK-222 Mad one

The design with the high relief and cameo makes it very unique.

I think the cost of aluminum was about $800.00 a pound back in 1892.

<< <i>Congrats on your TOP POP HK-222 Mad one

The design with the high relief and cameo makes it very unique.

I think the cost of aluminum was about $800.00 a pound back in 1892. >>

I think you are probably WAY off. I believe it was 1881 when they discovered the electrolysis method to extract aluminum from ore and then it became much cheaper. There are many many medals and tokens that were given away at the 1892/1893 Columbian Expo and I doubt they would have done that at the price you mention.
  • GrivGriv Posts: 2,804

<< <i>

Griv, I hate to break it to you... But PCGS DOESN'T GRADE SO CALLED DOLLARS!!! >>

Doesn't change the spirit of my post.

Unless it has a PCGS slab, it ain't worth keeping. Cross or Toss!
  • pursuitoflibertypursuitofliberty Posts: 6,771 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh, that so rocks Madone!! image

“We are only their care-takers,” he posed, “if we take good care of them, then centuries from now they may still be here … ”

Todd - BHNC #242
  • BearBear Posts: 18,953 ✭✭✭
    Marty, It appears adequate.image
    There once was a place called
    Camelotimage
  • coindeucecoindeuce Posts: 13,473 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ...And you didn't even have to make it swim in Ka-Boom!

"Everything is on its way to somewhere. Everything." - George Malley, Phenomenon
    http://www.americanlegacycoins.com

• RichieURichRichieURich Posts: 8,423 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Really really nice SCD, Marty! COngratulations!

An authorized PCGS dealer, and a contributor to the Red Book.

• OldnewbieOldnewbie Posts: 1,425 ✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

Griv, I hate to break it to you... But PCGS DOESN'T GRADE SO CALLED DOLLARS!!! >>

Unless it has a PCGS slab, it ain't worth keeping. Cross or Toss! >>

Griv, would you like to expand upon that statement regarding slabbed SCDs?

<< <i>

<< <i>

So what you're saying is that if ANY coin is not in a PCGS holder it should be destroyed? That's a very broad statement there Griv. So you don't own a RAW coin at all? You have no coins in other TPG holders?

• richardshipprichardshipp Posts: 5,647 ✭✭✭
    Marty congrats on a superior 1/0 !!! Just stunning !

• DoogyDoogy Posts: 4,508

<< <i>

Don't feed the trolls, Marty. He doesn't know that fact, and doesn't care. he is simply flaming the threads with his one-sided Kool-aid rhetoric lately.
  • DoogyDoogy Posts: 4,508

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

So what you're saying is that if ANY coin is not in a PCGS holder it should be destroyed? That's a very broad statement there Griv. So you don't own a RAW coin at all? You have no coins in other TPG holders? >>

of the 14 $1m+ coins sold by Heritage, 6 were NGC graded (to include that $5M example, the second most expensive coin in history). should those be tossed too?
    by the way, this was a rhetorical question, only a moron would try to argue it.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file