Home U.S. Coin Forum

For those of you who wanted to see my new TOP POP HK-222 here it is!

2»

Comments

• GrivGriv Posts: 2,804

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>PR67DCAM in a cross-over. IMO Too many pin marks. Awesome coin no doubt, actually quite beautful and I would certainly love to own it, but NGC. Come on. Cross it or toss it. image >>

Griv, I hate to break it to you... But PCGS DOESN'T GRADE SO CALLED DOLLARS!!! >>

Doesn't change the spirit of my post.

Unless it has a PCGS slab, it ain't worth keeping. Cross or Toss! >>

So what you're saying is that if ANY coin is not in a PCGS holder it should be destroyed? That's a very broad statement there Griv. So you don't own a RAW coin at all? You have no coins in other TPG holders? >>

Not tossed literally. Sensitive now are we. It actually has a nice ring to it. Cross or toss. image

Yes, I have 2 ICG Half dollar commemoratives in a box somewhere that I haven't been able to find to dispose of.

Yes, I have some raw coins, they are at PCGS right now getting cooked.

And, yes, my favorite drink......

• MadMartyMadMarty Posts: 16,697 ✭✭✭
    Well at least I know the So Called Dollars and most other tokens and medals are safe from you! That means MORE FOR ME!!!!
    It is not exactly cheating, I prefer to consider it creative problem solving!!!

• rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Magnificent. Cheers, RickO
  • ccrdragonccrdragon Posts: 2,697
    it's a beautiful example, oh great mad one!!!

as for the griv troll - it's a wonder that he can post from all that kool-aid he's swimming in...
    Cecil
    Total Copper Nutcase - African, British Ships, Channel Islands!!!
    'Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup'
  • speetyspeety Posts: 5,424
    Marty, the frost seems to be bleeding above the head onto the field...might wanna sell it before much more bleeds off image

JK nice medal! I've always liked the HK-222.
    Want to buy an auction catalog for the William Hesslein Sale (December 2, 1926). Thanks to all those who have helped us obtain the others!!!

• BroadstruckBroadstruck Posts: 30,497 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice Aluminum... Wanna Trade? image

imageimage

To Err Is Human.... To Collect Err's Is Just Too Much Darn Tootin Fun!
  • ShamikaShamika Posts: 18,771 ✭✭✭✭

It's amazing that a coin/medal dated 1492 can still look this good after all those years.

Buyer and seller of vintage coin boards!
  • pmacpmac Posts: 3,189 ✭✭✭
    Thank you for sharing the images of the HK-222. Honestly, I wouldn[t have known what one was if you hadn't shared with us. Is it aluminum? if so, how has it held up so magnificently over 105 years? I would have thought that the aluminum would have oxidized by now.
    Paul

<< <i>Thank you for sharing the images of the HK-222. Honestly, I wouldn[t have known what one was if you hadn't shared with us. Is it aluminum? if so, how has it held up so magnificently over 105 years? I would have thought that the aluminum would have oxidized by now. >>

Yes they are aluminum. They came in cardboard holders (I'll take a pic of one when I get home, or maybe Tom can post one). If they are exposed to the elements they will oxidize, I have a very nasty one I picked up for $10. The big problem with these is hairlines, people like to touch them!!!

• shirohniichanshirohniichan Posts: 4,992 ✭✭✭

<< <i>It's amazing that a coin/medal dated 1492 can still look this good after all those years.

image >>

Yea, verily.

Beautiful medal! image
    Obscurum per obscurius
  • DJCoinzDJCoinz Posts: 3,856
    That is an uber-awesome coin. Congrats on the top-pop! image
    aka Dan
  • tmot99tmot99 Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭
    Here's one in a holder next to an original roll of them.

• RBinTexRBinTex Posts: 4,328
    tmot99, I seen this roll now a few times and it's always just as exciting to see! image

Yet I always get a craving for Ritz crackers right afterwards image

<< <i>

<< <i>PR67DCAM in a cross-over. IMO Too many pin marks. Awesome coin no doubt, actually quite beautful and I would certainly love to own it, but NGC. Come on. Cross it or toss it. image >>

Griv, I hate to break it to you... But PCGS DOESN'T GRADE SO CALLED DOLLARS!!! >>

Why not? Have you tried? They slabbed the Silver NWRS Centennial Medals. I the 4 coin set in PR69DCAM.

<< <i>

<< <i>

Why not? Have you tried? They slabbed the Silver NWRS Centennial Medals. I the 4 coin set in PR69DCAM. >>

Yes. They have said in no uncertain terms that they have no interest in slabbing medals and tokens in general. However, they do slab some things like Leshers.

<< <i>

<< <i>

Why not? Have you tried? They slabbed the Silver NWRS Centennial Medals. I the 4 coin set in PR69DCAM. >>

BECAUSE THEY DON'T SLAB SO CALLED DOLLARS!!!

This medal was also issued in a low relief version. I just happened to have gotten one in the mail today (keep an eye out for another Columbian Expo post later tonight). I thought I'd take a picture of the high relief and low relief next to each other.

• tmcsr69tmcsr69 Posts: 1,307
    Crazy old man from Missouri
  • UltraHighReliefUltraHighRelief Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

Doesn't change the spirit of my post.

Unless it has a PCGS slab, it ain't worth keeping. Cross or Toss! >>

so i shouldn't send you the 1894s .10 NGC PR66?

i should give it to someone else!
    image Thanks as I never saw a low relief version before!image
    Well, I guess if PCGS won't grade it you're stuck. Nice coin though. image
  • richardshipprichardshipp Posts: 5,647 ✭✭✭
    Mine aren't so nice.... but I like them anyway

imageimage
    imageimage
  • ILikeMercsILikeMercs Posts: 1,392

<< <i>

imageDo not taunt Happy Fun Ball image
    Very nice!!!! Someday I'll pickoff a LR!!!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file