Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Official 2008 Allen & Ginter Rip/Trade/Show Off/Information Thread....

Comments

• Options
    LRCARDS says that cases are shipping tomorrow! Woohoo!
    White Whales:
    1996 Select Certified Mirror Gold Ozzie Smith
    2006 Bowman Chrome Orange Refractor Chris Carpenter
  • Options
    fur72fur72 Posts: 2,348 ✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>I always rip. Just laneded in Tiwan, grabbing everything i can get my hands on! image >>

The hot cases are in Taiwan, you went to the wrong country. image >>

Who said anything about cards?
  • Options

<< <i>Guru, what are you still doing at home, I'd already be on my way to pick up a few boxes. For those of you that wondered about when Blowout will be shipping, Chris from Blowout told me the cases would be shipping out tomorrow and tracking numbers would be available later in the day. >>

Shipping time lenght for blowout cards

Linky
  • Options
    ArchStantonArchStanton Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭
    The shop near my office has hobby boxes for $75. I am tempted.
    Collector of 1976 Topps baseball for some stupid reason.
    Collector of Pittsburgh Pirates cards for a slightly less stupid reason.
    My Pirates Collection
  • Options

<< <i>The shop near my office has hobby boxes for $75. I am tempted. >>

75.00?? I would be more than tempted. They would be sold out.
  • Options

<< <i>Does anyone know when blasters are supposed to hit retail shelves? >>

What are blasters?

btw Arch Stanton I love your name, one of my favorite movies
  • Options
    That shop by your office always has really good pricing, it's a very good thing I don't work near there.....I would be divorced and broke.
  • Options
    samspopsamspop Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭
    There was a box break on the Blowout Cards board tonight...

2008 A&G Box Break Linky
  • Options
    joestalinjoestalin Posts: 12,473 ✭✭

<< <i>There was a box break on the Blowout Cards board tonight...

2008 A&G Box Break Linky >>

I would be very pleased if that was my first 8 boxes. Early reports so far indicate more value in this years boxes than last. I hope the boards
    can keep up that momentum.

Arch- If you are even thinking about A&G, THAT price is a keeper! Worst case you open it, hate it and trade it all to me for heritage! LOL

blasters, are retail boxes with usually 8 packs in them...you benifit in price because one of the packs are free. Target, TRU and Wal Mart are your
    best bet. Its never too early to start the search. If you buy a bunch at target early chances are they will replenish soon, so check back. Usually
    all retail stores are done on one day, so if you hit gold, probably all the stores have them in.

Good Luck
    Kevin
  • Options
    nam812nam812 Posts: 10,541 ✭✭✭✭✭
    TRU?
  • Options
    rube26105rube26105 Posts: 10,225 ✭✭
    dont feel bad nick, i dont know tru eitherimage
  • Options
    RipublicaninMassRipublicaninMass Posts: 10,051 ✭✭✭
  • Options
    I bought at least 10 blasters from TRU last year and they yielded nothing.
  • Options
    Target blasters are always the best and TRU the worst.
  • Options
    TRU comes out late when I am almost certain all the inserts have been packed out and all that is left are base cards.

Kevin
  • Options

<< <i>The shop near my office has hobby boxes for $75. I am tempted. >>

Get in your car man! What a steal!
  • Options
    Wow! $75?! Does baseball not sell very well around there?
  • Options
    me too, what state you in ?mine was 955 for a case, looked again and they were over 1050$ now i think image
    our one card shop just close because the pr ick owner mouthed somebody off and he kinda got his head thumped in the mall and they kicked the whole store out lol( no i didnt do it), ive been good for 3 months now, a new personal record for meimage
  • Options
    TNP777TNP777 Posts: 5,711 ✭✭✭
    I'm trolling the Bay right now. This is pretty cool:

Here's one of the nicest GU I've ever seen from A&G:

You guys that are busting cases, I'd love it if you could keep me in mind for any of the Dodger minis.
  • Options
    i like the marcus one,they should do some hendix/mmorrison like people ones instead of stupid cards of the brooklyn bridge and a groundhog type stuff- i doubt if anyone would sell em one of jimi's outfits to cut up thoughimage
  • Options
    The guitar pic is like getting a game used and an auto all in one.
  • Options
    BunchOBullBunchOBull Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭
    This product gets more exciting and more exciting. Hoping to pick up a couple of boxes today to tide me over until my orders come through. Crossing fingers that my local dealer has the 'stuff.'
    Collector of most things Frank Thomas. www.BigHurtHOF.com
  • Options
    My local shop says he is expecting part of his stock today as it shipped yesterday from the local distributor. Planning to pick up a couple boxes to hold me over until my online order shows up.
  • Options
    cwazzycwazzy Posts: 3,257
    Somebody really needs to find some of this stuff to rip today. I really want to see some good scans.

Chris

Chris
    My small collection
    Want List:
    '61 Topps Roy Campanella in PSA 5-7
    Cardinal T206 cards
    Adam Wainwright GU Jersey
  • Options
    No luck for me today, local shops said probably tomorrow.
  • Options
    My shop actually told me that he didn't think they were getting any in. image I'm really hoping that guy was just an idiot. Otherwise I will have to find a new shop.

Chris
    Chris
    My small collection
    Want List:
    Cardinal T206 cards
  • Options

<< <i>My local shop says he is expecting part of his stock today as it shipped yesterday from the local distributor. Planning to pick up a couple boxes to hold me over until my online order shows up. >>

If my local guy gets some in before my case shows I might need to do the same. Idle hands are the devils tools.
  • Options
    I woke up in the early morning, checked the A&G thread and saw the images Geordie had posted...when I finally fell back asleep I had a dream I walked into my local shop, and purchased only 4 packs.

I only opened 2 of them before I woke, but in the first I pulled a complete mini set that isn't even being produced, as well as some other cards. These included new mini parallels that were completely square and each card came with its own penny sleeve in the pack.

In pack #2 I pulled a platinum Tiffany's & Co. ID bracelet worn by General George Patton.

It was the best dream I've had in awhile.
  • Options
    I updated the Google Doc today. I added some card #'s, included more of the cards for the insert sets, added the Pioneers of Aviation, World Greatest Victories and Team Orange insert sets, and I added an image for the World's Deadliest Sharks Subset.

Anyone else want access to be a editor of this? It would greatly help to have more than just myself and two others! Bill

Here's the link: http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=p4fGzgpAFwejdQDzQUkWwNQ
    kshorton says: i gots an Empire State Building card... seeking advice.. is this better and worth more than my psa 3 franco harris 1973 topps card which i defouled by trying to make a baby with ? Please advise. the franco card is graded.. the ESB card is not yet, and I do not want to have a baby with the ESB card.
  • Options

<< <i>I'm trolling the Bay right now. This is pretty cool:
    image >>

I think this would be a cool one to get kids involved since the picks were used while making the Gituar Hero Video game series. I belive there are only 100 produced.
  • Options
    parkerjparkerj Posts: 1,098 ✭✭✭
    I may have missed it a few pages back, but what do we know about the pull rates on the various subsets?

Specifically:

States (1 insert per pack - full size)
    Ancient Icons (20 cards) (are these mini only?)
    Baseball Icons (17 cards) (are these mini only?)
    Leaders of the world ( xx cards, minis?)
    Great Battles ( xx cards, minis ?)

• Options
    Stopped by the shop on lunch and he did not get them yet, have to wait until tomorrow.
  • Options
    My guy didn't have any either...looks like tomorrow will be the day.

Kevin
  • Options
    I just ordered a second case last night, and today the mailman delivered an order from PSA that included this:

• Options
    No lucky with my dealer either...I'll have to have another good dream...maybe I can open those last 2 packs.
  • Options
    RipublicaninMassRipublicaninMass Posts: 10,051 ✭✭✭
    delaers here in MA are saying tomorrow, also heard bad dealings with Blowout/dealernet recently. Could be a one time thing though
  • Options
    GuruGuru Posts: 3,127
    Did anyone order with Dave and Adam's World?

Also, this one made me laugh....

Check out the location...

Taiwan
  • Options
    Yeah, I think that's where all the Taiwanese product is located.
  • Options
    ssdawg77ssdawg77 Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I received my 6 boxes today. I will be ripping when I get home. I will post scans if I can figure it out.

Stoney
  • Options

<< <i>I received my 6 boxes today. I will be ripping when I get home. I will post scans if I can figure it out.

Stoney >>

lucky...and please figure out how to post scans.
  • Options

<< <i>delaers here in MA are saying tomorrow, also heard bad dealings with Blowout/dealernet recently. Could be a one time thing though >>

This has me slightly worried. Can you elaborate on this comment? I've ordered a case from Blowout and I really don't like the thought of being out that much money.

Chris
    Chris
    My small collection
    Want List:
    Cardinal T206 cards
  • Options

<< <i>I woke up in the early morning, checked the A&G thread and saw the images Geordie had posted...when I finally fell back asleep I had a dream I walked into my local shop, and purchased only 4 packs.

I only opened 2 of them before I woke, but in the first I pulled a complete mini set that isn't even being produced, as well as some other cards. These included new mini parallels that were completely square and each card came with its own penny sleeve in the pack.

In pack #2 I pulled a platinum Tiffany's & Co. ID bracelet worn by General George Patton.

It was the best dream I've had in awhile. >>

That was hilarious. I had my only A&G dream (so far) a couple nights back...it was very vague though.

I ordered my boxes through a hobby dealer online, so looks like I'll miss the initial boat as mine are probably arriving on friday. =(

At least I'll be ripping this week.
  • Options
    mosaicmosaic Posts: 700
    What's up everybody... I've been gone from the PSA forums for months and months and months (a little after I finished 2007 Allen & Ginter, it really is my only card passion these days).

What have I missed?! 9.5 grades?! What?!

Just ordered a hobby box of 2008 A&G from TheCardKid... I can't wait, I can't wait, I can't wait. Seriously, I feel like that little kid that LOVES candy and has to stare at all the candy in the store the whole time his mom is shopping, and FINALLY he gets candy.

CANDY!!

Sadly, I'm job hunting, so my budget this year for A&G is pathetic... but I've still gotta have some. So, a hobby box this week, and a few blasters later... and lots of trades here (I hope!). I'M FEELING THE CRAVE!!

Guru, nam812, parkerj, BunchOBull... I'm so glad to see so many familiar names from last year's most awesome trade thread!!

I'm literally shaking with the anticipation of cracking some packs.
    Nolan Ryan & Edgar Martinez are my favorite players...
    mosaic's Nolan Ryan Basic Topps registry set
    mosaic's Big 3 Nolan Ryan Run Showcase
  • Options
    Nick (nam812) just called me and said his case from blowout arrived today but the UPS guy just left a notice, he is on his way to the UPS center to pick it up, he said the ripping will start around 10:30 est. Maybe this means more of us will start seeing our A&G cases soon.
  • Options
    Sounds like my local dealer will get his cases tomorrow through UPS and I contacted blowout and my case should be here tomorrow, hope UPS is open late,

Welcome back mosaic!

NOW LETS SEE SOME SCANS!!!
  • Options
    At least Blowout got back to you, Chris was supposed to email my tracking number today but it never happened, guess I'll have to call in the morning.
  • Options
    Any of you guys see the group breaks for Ginter on Youtube ? Am I missing something, or is this a ridiculously bad idea for collectors to buy. I mean, $30-35 for a team, non baseball cards get randomly distributed....

Good luck with the breaks everyone!
    - p.m.
  • Options
    I'm back at home with an A&G case from blowout in my possession. The ripping, with a box by box play by play will start in about an hour. The scanner is heating up, and hopefully I will have a need for it.
  • Options
    ALRIGHT NAM!!!!! This should be good.

Just one quick thing. I'm watching the box breaks on You Tube. It's really kinda pissing me off that foreign countries had first dibb's at this product.