Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Official 2008 Allen & Ginter Rip/Trade/Show Off/Information Thread....

Comments

• Options
    joestalinjoestalin Posts: 12,473 ✭✭
    Ill be checking the pillow isle after dinner tonight.

Kevin
  • Options
    BunchOBullBunchOBull Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭
    I think I've wasted my whole day on the darn Ginter Code...and it may already have been cracked...but until I get the official heads up, I'm dedicated...
    Collector of most things Frank Thomas. www.BigHurtHOF.com
  • Options
    VitoCo1972VitoCo1972 Posts: 6,128 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I think I've wasted my whole day on the darn Ginter Code...and it may already have been cracked...but until I get the official heads up, I'm dedicated... >>

If it's cracked (and I heard it is) you should post all the cards here and maybe we can crack it as a group in another thread.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>I think I've wasted my whole day on the darn Ginter Code...and it may already have been cracked...but until I get the official heads up, I'm dedicated... >>

If it's cracked (and I heard it is) you should post all the cards here and maybe we can crack it as a group in another thread. >>

If we do that... I know the order that the victories cards go in. I think I have a few words too but nothing solid.
    White Whales:
    1996 Select Certified Mirror Gold Ozzie Smith
    2006 Bowman Chrome Orange Refractor Chris Carpenter
  • Options
    I don't have all the images yet, but I'll post the faces in the right order.

edit: well, they're small.

top reads left to right, bottom right to left:

A-I-N-3-P-F-G-Q-N-T-S--B-R-E-I-E-T-Q-N-F-H-A--P-5-L-N-C-V-Z-N-F-X-I--E-J-R-8-D-G-S-D-A-L-K--6-M-J-D-U-R-H-T-B-E-N--A-O-P-E-F-S-C-T-O-R-E--H-D-T-E-2-G-I-L-D-A-C--M-X-K-D-H-Y-R-U-A-T-C--D-P-O-E-J-F-M-D-O-D-H--G-3-4-E-R-N-J-2-I-S-O--P-E-G-8-B-Z-R-A-P-A-P--K-F-1-T-H-I-T-D-E-A-N--C-M-M-B-F-Y-N-Q-O-S-A--G-E-7-S-F-H-J-T-R-Y-C--S-G-G-L-D-F-N-E-W-R-E--S-K-S-L-E-O-B-Z-Q-T-Y--E-M-O-F-T-R-I-B-N-U-5--W-P-K-L-D-N-I-N-H-9-S--Y-W-T-E-Q-Z-G-D-S-U-O--S-5-E-P-G-W-T-8-H-Y-S-

D-J-U-T-H-T-H-G-D-B-S--P-O-L-W-A-L-Y-H-G-T-R--N-B-A-M-L-K-R-R-W-6-T--1-2-W-L-N-S-M-3-R-F-H--M-U-Y-H-T-W-6-B-E-E-D--A-S-P-V-W-L-Y-1-N-R-T--C-A-V-7-N-W-U-T-H-F-5--E-W-N-T-C-B-D-U-J-R-K--W-A-L-4-I-F-H-N-W-B-V--C-K-M-A-Y-T-Q-R-3-G-F--S-D-T-C-H-Y-W-I-E-T-H--B-D-O-B-W-H-A-L-P-H-S--Q-M-P-L-D-H-2-U-T-C-N--W-A-B-S-V-7-U-Q-T-W-H--K-A-B-N-S-6-G-F-H-H-T--P-O-S-A-M-Q-H-D-6-T-E--J-P-0-Q-O-E-N-C-A-Y-R--9-2-Y-E-H-X-K-S-H-Z-V--E-B-N-E-7-Y-W-Q-P-E-6--S-C-J-E-H-T-8-E-K-J-A-

If I'm reading it correctly, there are 35 numbers in this mess, 0-9, all single digits. Some theorize they correspond to Team Orange Mini Cards. Some claim the Team Orange minis give clues for decoding 2 Victor cards each. I've tried a number of things, beyond that.
  • Options
    So I'm assuming it's not just line up the letters properly, but rather a key that needs to cracked where like A=F and B=G or something like that? Is that what we think?
  • Options
    I think letters need to be eliminated, the remaining letters are the phrase...or...the numbers correspond to a word or letter on another card...or...the cards are aligned by the numbers and the letters that align in the process spell something...who knows.
  • Options
    it's definitely not direct substitution.
    White Whales:
  • Options
    Did you guys try using the numbers to eliminate letter before...like if there is a 5, eliminating 5 letters afterward or 5 letter before etc? Or just using the letter that is 5 before etc
  • Options
    Reese3333Reese3333 Posts: 2,407 ✭✭
    I've got my box break for sale on the BST board

Link
    Collecting the following autographed sets:
    HOF RC Auto Set
    1955 Topps Football AA
    1950 Bowman Football
    1951 Bowman Football
    1952 Bowman Football

ebay user- Jolt333
    Please be sure to check out my auctions!
  • Options
    I agree, too easy.

I should add, this could also be the code, I've just been working with the other:

-A-I-N-3-P-F-G-Q-N-T-S--B-R-E-I-E-T-Q-N-F-H-A--P-5-L-N-C-V-Z-N-F-X-I--E-J-R-8-D-G-S-D-A-L-K--6-M-J-D-U-R-H-T-B-E-N--A-O-P-E-F-S-C-T-O-R-E--H-D-T-E-2-G-I-L-D-A-C--M-X-K-D-H-Y-R-U-A-T-C--D-P-O-E-J-F-M-D-O-D-H--G-3-4-E-R-N-J-2-I-S-O--P-E-G-8-B-Z-R-A-P-A-P--K-F-1-T-H-I-T-D-E-A-N--C-M-M-B-F-Y-N-Q-O-S-A--G-E-7-S-F-H-J-T-R-Y-C--S-G-G-L-D-F-N-E-W-R-E--S-K-S-L-E-O-B-Z-Q-T-Y--E-M-O-F-T-R-I-B-N-U-5--W-P-K-L-D-N-I-N-H-9-S--Y-W-T-E-Q-Z-G-D-S-U-O--S-5-E-P-G-W-T-8-H-Y-S-

-D-J-U-T-H-T-H-G-D-B-S--P-O-L-W-A-L-Y-H-G-T-R--N-B-A-M-L-K-R-R-W-6-T--1-2-W-L-N-S-M-3-R-F-H--M-U-Y-H-T-W-6-B-E-E-D--A-S-P-V-W-L-Y-1-N-R-T--C-A-V-7-N-W-U-T-H-F-5--E-W-N-T-C-B-D-U-J-R-K--W-A-L-4-I-F-H-N-W-B-V--C-K-M-A-Y-T-Q-R-3-G-F--S-D-T-C-H-Y-W-I-E-T-H--B-D-O-B-W-H-A-L-P-H-S--Q-M-P-L-D-H-2-U-T-C-N--W-A-B-S-V-7-U-Q-T-W-H--K-A-B-N-S-6-G-F-H-H-T--P-O-S-A-M-Q-H-D-6-T-E--J-P-0-Q-O-E-N-C-A-Y-R--9-2-Y-E-H-X-K-S-H-Z-V--E-B-N-E-7-Y-W-Q-P-E-6--S-C-J-E-H-T-8-E-K-J-A-
  • Options
    Vito, yes I have.
  • Options

<< <i>Vito, yes I have. >>

The numbers have to be the key though, agreed?
  • Options
    Yes, I think the numbers are very important.
  • Options
    And you're sure these are in the correct order, right? I keep staring at it waiting for something to make sense...how hilarious would it be if the board cracked it?
  • Options
    Yes, most likely the second one I provided is the right order.

Although, I'm not convinced they'll stay in that order. I think the key to have the actual cards in order is to establish the fact that the bottom row of code should be inverted...there very well could be another step.

Topps says having all 20 cards allows you to put the cards into a configuration that cracks the code. That being said, it makes sense that the cards can be put side by side in a manner that is readable without completely scrambling the letters.
  • Options
    mosaicmosaic Posts: 700
    It's like I'm starting at the matrix code... woah
    Nolan Ryan & Edgar Martinez are my favorite players...
    mosaic's Nolan Ryan Basic Topps registry set
    mosaic's Big 3 Nolan Ryan Run Showcase
  • Options
    Do we think having multiple copies of the same card could help? Here are the order of the #'s based on your order

6 1 2 3 6 1 7 5 4 3 2 7 6 6 0 9 2 7 6 8

How many cards are there in the code, 20?
  • Options
    Vito, I have

3 5 8 6 2 3 4 2 8 1 7 5 9 5 8

6 1 2 3 6 1 7 5 4 3 2 7 6 6 0 9 2 7 6 8

edit for correction
  • Options
    Really? I came up with 6 1 2 3 6 1 7 5 4 3 2 7 6 6 0 9 2 7 6 8 which is the same toward the end but different at the beginning.

Here's my theory that I wish I could test if I have the cards...there are some code cards that have no numbers. I don't think that the no number cards are blank/no meaning, so I think the numbers either relate to the order of the cards or they create a key that allows you to decode the letters on every card...if you didn't need every card to break the code, it would be kind of dumb, no?
  • Options
    I may be looking at an old list...

Go with what you see. I've been looking at this for too long.

Sorry I realized, I was copying to different codes...I fixed the top one to what I actually have.

Edit to add:

I agree, you'd think all cards are needed.
  • Options
    yeah, now they match - look at what I posted in my last edited post - what's your thought? I may give up on this quick - especialy since it's likely already cracked - plus, who wants my stupid face on an Allen & Ginter 09 card? What's it going to say - WORLDS CHAMPION - 13 HANDICAP GOLFER????
  • Options
    leathtechleathtech Posts: 3,191
    Highlights of my 2 box break...

Adriano Moraes - Auto Redemption (who the heck is this???)
    1/1 Wood Pablo Picasso Mini (anyone know what this might sell for?)
    Relic cards of: Kearns, Hudson, Piezynski, Teixera, V-Mart, Fielder

• Options
    Leathtech, very nice boxes!!! I don't know what the Picasso will bring, but I can tell you I just sold the wood Tchaikovsky today for $250.
  • Options

<< <i>Leathtech, very nice boxes!!! I don't know what the Picasso will bring, but I can tell you I just sold the wood Tchaikovsky today for $250. >>

HeritageAddict: Did you sell it on ebay?
  • Options
    addict..that is the one card I wanted...dang bro, when did you pull that? I must of been sleeping.

Would love a shot at the Picasso, but to be honest you would probably do very well on ebay with it....I'm guessing he is just, if nore more popular than
    Tchaikovsky.

Kevin

• Options

<< <i>Yeah on Ebay. >>

Thanks HA... card is now on ebay... will see if anyone bites!
  • Options
  • Options
    so for those doing minis sets what is that including?...sharks, avaition, orange and icons? What about the crack the code cards in the regular set? That team
    orange seems like a real pain in the butt.

Kevin
  • Options
    Sorry Kevin I didn't realize you were after that one, I didn't actually pull it I picked it up on a BIN price of $100 and flipped it to fund more A&G boxes.
  • Options

<< <i>so for those doing minis sets what is that including?...sharks, avaition, orange and icons? What about the crack the code cards in the regular set? That team

Kevin >>

I'm considering the mini set to be:
    Base minis (1-350)
    World Icons
    Sharks
    Pioneers of Aviation
    Baseball Icons
    World Leaders
    Team Orange
    White Whales:
  • Options

<< <i>Sorry Kevin I didn't realize you were after that one, I didn't actually pull it I picked it up on a BIN price of $100 and flipped it to fund more A&G boxes. >>

Great find and flip... I hope to get more A&G with the profits of the Picasso!
  • Options
    I might rip a box tonight. cwazzy tried to talk me into it earlier... I have held off so far.
    White Whales:
  • Options
    cwazzycwazzy Posts: 3,257

<< <i>

<< <i>so for those doing minis sets what is that including?...sharks, avaition, orange and icons? What about the crack the code cards in the regular set? That team

Kevin >>

I'm considering the mini set to be:
    Base minis (1-350)
    World Icons
    Sharks
    Pioneers of Aviation
    Baseball Icons
    World Leaders
    Team Orange >>

This is what I am going for. I may even forgo the regular base set and just go for the mini set.

Chris
    Chris
    My small collection
    Want List:
    '61 Topps Roy Campanella in PSA 5-7
    Cardinal T206 cards
    Adam Wainwright GU Jersey
  • Options
    rube26105rube26105 Posts: 10,225 ✭✭
    the reg backed mini set is what i am gog for 2 cwazzy- i got to get a list out of what i have so far and what i need, all black borders and a& g backsi can use as trade,then if anybody needs reg base cards, i got 2 cases of em on the floor lol
    put cuba flag on tonight,dont know if itll go but itll help my addiction, i need an interventionimage
  • Options
    Randy, peek at the bottom of the previous page. I have a bunch of reg back minis. I think I only need 7 SP's and a couple sharks and aviators to finish. Got any of 'em?
  • Options

<< <i>I might rip a box tonight. cwazzy tried to talk me into it earlier... I have held off so far. >>

If its from the same case you sent me boxes from, there has to be a great chances of ink..I mean heck, you are down to 5:8 odds now for ink, also I pulled
    no bazooka and no silk......

make sure we get scans! LOL

Kevin
  • Options
    I only opened one box from that case. The rest got shipped. I don't want to say want ink I may or may not have pulled until everyone else opens. image
    White Whales:
  • Options
    ahh then you have more from another case....gotta rip it.

Kevin
  • Options
    1st three packs...

Joe Mauer relic
    Griffey regular mini
    White Whales:
  • Options
    packs 4, 5, 6

David Ortiz black mini
    Regular mini SP
    Wild Bill Hickok A&G mini
    White Whales:
  • Options
    packs 7, 8, 9

Lance Berkman relic
    1 A&G mini
    White Whales:
  • Options
    packs 10, 11, 12

1 World Leader
    White Whales:
  • Options
    oh yeah that's what Im talking about!

Kevin
  • Options
    packs, 13, 14, 15

Bobby Crosby relic
    James Shields black mini
    1 A&G mini
    White Whales:
  • Options
    packs 16, 17, 18

Sphinx
    White Whales:
  • Options
    packs 19, 20, 21

Adam Dunn relic
    W.P. Mantooth team orange
    1 regular mini SP
    White Whales:
  • Options
    last packs

Don Larsen victory
    1 A&G mini
    Bobby Jenks black mini
    1 World leader
    White Whales:
  • Options
    box topper

Rockies/Padres

does anyone actually want to see a scan of anything?
    White Whales: