Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Official 2008 Allen & Ginter Rip/Trade/Show Off/Information Thread....

Comments

• Options
    fur72fur72 Posts: 2,348 ✭✭
    Nice pulls Bull! I have been sorting all night and I only have about half my set organized. I dont think I will have my need/trade list until after the National.
  • Options
    BunchOBullBunchOBull Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭
    Thanks Gentlemen. I can't complain by any means, but that Johnson RIP card is what saved it for me. Again, I hope retail is good to me.
    Collector of most things Frank Thomas. www.BigHurtHOF.com
  • Options
    GuruGuru Posts: 3,127
    Any word on when we will see retail?
  • Options
    I hear between tonight (Monday) at midnight through Friday sometime.
  • Options
    rube26105rube26105 Posts: 10,225 ✭✭
    anybody pula 1887 flag yet???????? i cant look thru all those pages, my eyes go nuts like my brain

imageimage
  • Options
    GuruGuru Posts: 3,127
    Wow Rube! Awesome pull!
  • Options
    i got a bunch of jerseys and a few autos, 3 silks, not into them though, just gonna do me a mini reg back this year and trade off the rest to get what i need, i sorted out the 1st case last night,that stunk, gotta do the other one tomorrow night maybe- i never got a fucerchromedome out of 2 cases image thats all im buying,that should get me my mini set ,will have black borders and a & g backs to trade,and 2 cases of base cards , wonder who many of the flags they did,they didnt # them or anything, and i dont see any odds on flags,i like it ,dont know what its worth but its cool anyways
  • Options
    metalmikemetalmike Posts: 2,152 ✭✭
    you should find the person who was trying to sell the Castro card from last year, maybe your card will cheer him up.
    USN 1977-1987 * ALL cards are commons unless auto'd. Buying Britneycards. NWO for life.
  • Options
    maybe i can ge fidel to auto it if hes not dead,they asre kinda secritive down there about him right about now image
  • Options
    jlzinckjlzinck Posts: 907 ✭✭

<< <i>I sold a $125 dollar card to a guy in Taiwan with good feedback - no problems here

on another note, I just called in for jury duty and was told I have to report tomorrow image >>

It's the summer session on Cape Cod. You'll be out by 11 AM and can enjoy the rest of the day.
  • Options
    Nice pulls guys, and finally the first A&G original of the thread way to go Rube.
  • Options
    great pull Randy! Let us know when you throw your stuff on the 'bay.
  • Options
    cwazzycwazzy Posts: 3,257
    Quick! Someone else rip something! I'm going through withdrawals and my case won't be here until tomorrow or Thursday.

Chris
    Chris
    My small collection
    Want List:
    '61 Topps Roy Campanella in PSA 5-7
    Cardinal T206 cards
    Adam Wainwright GU Jersey
  • Options
    Chris, I would love to oblige you but there is no A&G to be found locally.
  • Options
    Oh well. Hopefully someone will help me out. Thanks anyway.

Chris
    Chris
    My small collection
    Want List:
    Cardinal T206 cards
  • Options
    DavidPuddyDavidPuddy Posts: 3,483 ✭✭✭
    Sorry guys. No A&G at either Target or Wal*Mart.

Maybe tomorrow.
    "The Sipe market is ridiculous right now"
    CDsNuts, 1/9/15
  • Options
    I'll check at my Target tonight and let you guys know.

Chris
    Chris
    My small collection
    Want List:
    Cardinal T206 cards
  • Options
    <It's the summer session on Cape Cod. You'll be out by 11 AM and can enjoy the rest of the day>

just do the george carlin meathod
    "id be a great juror because i can spot a guilty person,just like that",then you can go homeimage

silks,autos,jerseys, no #'s,rips,and other stuff went on last night again, flag is a 1 in 26,500, should be worth some coin then,i like it, me thinks ill keep it, i like that,bout time i pulled something beside a zack greinke auto
  • Options
    "just do the george carlin meathod
    "id be a great juror because i can spot a guilty person,just like that",then you can go home"
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Man . . . he was one of my all time favorites , not many have made me laugh the way he did .

He will definitely be missed .

• Options
    That is a nice flag pull Randy , it is about time too, you're right .

You have about the same luck as I do with the pulls .

Maybe the tides have turned ?

I sure hope so .

I'm going to visit my guy maybe tonight and see what's happeneing over in his new store , he put in 2 giant screen LCD TV's so I can bet the prices will be higher , but I don't care he takes great care of us .
  • Options
    mosaicmosaic Posts: 700
    Hey Rube... what the heck is an "ICHARO?" image

Sounds like the MLB is recruiting Spanish coochie coochie singers now...
    Nolan Ryan & Edgar Martinez are my favorite players...
    mosaic's Nolan Ryan Basic Topps registry set
    mosaic's Big 3 Nolan Ryan Run Showcase
  • Options
    GootGoot Posts: 3,496
    Jeez, I'm gone for a few days and I miss a Wooly Mammoth! Sweet pull!

I've been up here in the Philadelphia area visiting family and in NYC to check out a Yankees game for the past week or so, but I can't wait to get back home and do some trading. I'm planning on busting one more hobby box or at least a few blasters once I get home so I should be good to go after that.

As you all probably know, I'm looking to pick up MOST Braves and Rays, especially Chipper and Crawford, and I'll be willing to buy or trade if the price is right.
  • Options
    Hello All,
    My name is Bill and I have a problem. I just bought another case of A&G - what is wrong with me?
    kshorton says: i gots an Empire State Building card... seeking advice.. is this better and worth more than my psa 3 franco harris 1973 topps card which i defouled by trying to make a baby with ? Please advise. the franco card is graded.. the ESB card is not yet, and I do not want to have a baby with the ESB card.
  • Options
    Nothing is wrong with you it is completely normal to be obsessed with A&G. However if you need to go to rehab give me a call, I know a guy.
  • Options
    <everyone in unison>

HI Bill.
    CDsNuts, 1/9/15
  • Options
    Hi Bill, my name is Jason. My second case should arrive today or tomorrow. I've had family visiting for the last week and have been getting up at 5 a.m. to open Allen & Ginter before everyone wakes up. Welcome to the club.
  • Options
    zep33zep33 Posts: 6,897 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>I sold a $125 dollar card to a guy in Taiwan with good feedback - no problems here

on another note, I just called in for jury duty and was told I have to report tomorrow image >>

It's the summer session on Cape Cod. You'll be out by 11 AM and can enjoy the rest of the day. >>

I was out at 10:30 but I'm back at work image

• Options
    None of us have a problem, it's the rest of the world that doesn't understand A&G that has a problem. image
  • Options
    joestalinjoestalin Posts: 12,473 ✭✭
    If anyone can provide me with info on these victory cards please PM me:

Strug
    Fall Wall
    Man Moon
    American Rev

MUCH THANKS
    Kevin
  • Options

<< <i>Hi Bill, my name is Jason. My second case should arrive today or tomorrow. I've had family visiting for the last week and have been getting up at 5 a.m. to open Allen & Ginter before everyone wakes up. Welcome to the club. >>

I spend several hours each day thinking about my case configurations and what might be in each box/pack. Then, before I open those packs/boxes, I have a special chant that I say. Then I tap the pack/box 2 times - once on the front and once on the back. Then I kiss the pack seal before I open it. Still... I seem to never get what I'm looking for, but I know if I don't do this, then there is no way I'll ever get the cards I am looking for.

I'm in the process of quilting an A&G wrapper blanket. So far I've put together 350 wrappers from this year. I am attaching them to the 1027 wrappers that I already put towards the project from my 2006 & 2007 breaks. I may go back and make it double thick so I can start using it in the winter as well.

I've wallpapered my office wall with the checklists that come 1 per box. So far, I have half of the office completely covered with them. It looks pretty cool with all the pen marks I have put on them over the years for the 84 master and base sets I have made of this product from my breaks.

I've finally saved up enough A&G boxes to heat my house for the entire winter this year. I will burn them in the fireplace at night and we will all huddle under the wrapper blanket to keep warm.

I have a shoebox full of relic cards from 2006-2008 that I won't sell for .99 cents each on ebay, so they just sit in my closet.

kshorton says: i gots an Empire State Building card... seeking advice.. is this better and worth more than my psa 3 franco harris 1973 topps card which i defouled by trying to make a baby with ? Please advise. the franco card is graded.. the ESB card is not yet, and I do not want to have a baby with the ESB card.
  • Options

<< <i>If anyone can provide me with info on these victory cards please PM me: Strug Fall Wall Man Moon American Rev MUCH THANKS Kevin >>

Kevin, get some sleep... you guys aren't cracking the code image
  • Options
    It appears to have been cracked...
  • Options
    fur72fur72 Posts: 2,348 ✭✭
  • Options
    Serious. I just started working on it today...if you have all the cards, it appears like it's fairly easy to do. Without them, impossible. I'm going to keep trying though.
  • Options
    joestalinjoestalin Posts: 12,473 ✭✭
    we were getting help from everyone on the boards over on beckett, but know that guys are close they are getting tight lipped. I wish I had more of this
    stuff opened..oh well

Kevin
  • Options
    mosaicmosaic Posts: 700
    Damn silly contest anyway... irks me to no end that they've made cards of fictional figures... and still there's no inclusion of the AAGPBL. C'mon, some of them are still alive!
    Nolan Ryan & Edgar Martinez are my favorite players...
    mosaic's Nolan Ryan Basic Topps registry set
    mosaic's Big 3 Nolan Ryan Run Showcase
  • Options
    someone is reporting that the email box code@topps.com is "closed" hmmm.
    White Whales:
    1996 Select Certified Mirror Gold Ozzie Smith
    2006 Bowman Chrome Orange Refractor Chris Carpenter
  • Options
    VitoCo1972VitoCo1972 Posts: 6,128 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Damn silly contest anyway... irks me to no end that they've made cards of fictional figures... and still there's no inclusion of the AAGPBL. C'mon, some of them are still alive! >>

That's an interesting point about the AAGPBL. Seems like a natural one to me, plus you can get them signed!
  • Options
    Does anyone have a list of all the Group A, B,C auto cards plus all of the other stuff like only 100 of these cards were made? Thanks
  • Options
    kmnortonkmnorton Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭
    Couldn't let a day go by without having somebody break a box. Here's the lunch time results:

Yeah, ink
    IWTDMBII
  • Options
    Ink, 3 Gu's

Solid Box!
    CDsNuts, 1/9/15
  • Options
    Not only that but he got one of the best inks
  • Options

<< <i>Not only that but he got one of the best inks >>

Much better than a crawford and two (2) (doubles) Francisco Cordero autos.
  • Options

<< <i>Does anyone have a list of all the Group A, B,C auto cards plus all of the other stuff like only 100 of these cards were made? Thanks >>

Print Runs
    White Whales:
    1996 Select Certified Mirror Gold Ozzie Smith
    2006 Bowman Chrome Orange Refractor Chris Carpenter
  • Options
    magellanmagellan Posts: 2,099 ✭✭✭
    Nice box Whammy !
    Topps Heritage

Now collecting:
    Topps Heritage

1957 Topps BB Ex+-NM
    All Yaz Items 7+
    Various Red Sox
    Did I leave anything out?
  • Options
    LOL Bill
    Nice rip card Ross.

Did you guys hear from Lockwood? I emailed yesterday and have had no reply.

Dave
    Topps Heritage

Now collecting:
    Topps Heritage

1957 Topps BB Ex+-NM
    All Yaz Items 7+
    Various Red Sox
  • Options
    I e-mailed (at least 3 times) him several months ago and NEVER got a response.

I really wanted a couple blaster cases.
    CDsNuts, 1/9/15
  • Options
    I have both a blaster & retail case which I put a deposit on.
    Topps Heritage

Now collecting:
    Topps Heritage

1957 Topps BB Ex+-NM
    All Yaz Items 7+
    Various Red Sox
  • Options
    TNP777TNP777 Posts: 5,711 ✭✭✭

That is all

edit: still no A&G retail as of yesterday. I'll be making the rounds in central Cali after work.