Home Sports Talk
Options

O's quest for 60-65 or maybe 70-75 wins or more!!!!!

Comments

• Options
    Would prefer they spread the O around a little bit.
  • Options
    baseballfanbaseballfan Posts: 5,453 ✭✭✭
    love to see a sweep today!!!

hits seem to come in bunches they had some other chances and only scored in what 3 innings?
    Fred

collecting RAW Topps baseball cards 1952 Highs to 1972. looking for collector grade (somewhere between psa 4-7 condition). let me know what you have, I'll take it, I want to finish sets, I must have something you can use for trade.

looking for Topps 71-72 hi's-62-53-54-55-59, I have these sets started

• Options
    love taking 2 of 3 from the yanks

i hope we play well against the red sox this weekend
    Fred

collecting RAW Topps baseball cards 1952 Highs to 1972. looking for collector grade (somewhere between psa 4-7 condition). let me know what you have, I'll take it, I want to finish sets, I must have something you can use for trade.

• Options
    Three errors in 13th, wow.
  • Options
    Bottom9thBottom9th Posts: 2,695 ✭✭
    That was a tough inning to watch. Believe me, I am happy the Sox won, but the O's gave that one away.
  • Options
    A gift, Hernandez e not a problem, Mora rushing on Ramirez, routine and what a gift the last two runs, ee6.
  • Options
    Sherrill likes to make it interesting, gets first two, walks two to bring Manny up as tying run, fly out to right.
  • Options
    calaban7calaban7 Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭
    14th come from behind win for the O's. Guthrie's 10th quality start this year out of 13 starts. A whopping ( 2 - 6) record to show for it.

Only 33 wins to go. O's at ( 27-29) are 6 wins above the pace for 56 games.
    " In a time of universal deceit , telling the truth is a revolutionary act " --- George Orwell
  • Options
    Radhames Liz look great tonight in his 1st this season. Threw a lot of strikes. He had a little help from the offense.

Go O's.
    " In a time of universal deceit , telling the truth is a revolutionary act " --- George Orwell
  • Options
    that was a nice start, i hope it continues. i would like to see penn up soon.
    Fred

• Options
    atleast cabrera didn't walk anyone

the draft today should be interesting
    Fred

• Options
    took the top pitcher. a nice pick up to go with the trade players we got last winter
    Fred

• Options
    Another close game. Olson pitched quite well, and has looked better with each start.

Only 31 wins to go.

Hope they drafted well.
  • Options
    that jordan is a great draft guy, i'm sure we did well

olson pitched well, we have some young talented pitching on its way
    Fred

• Options
    Great win. 15th come from behind win. Another win , from 4 runs down.

Half way there. Only 30 wins left to go.

Really tempted to adjust title.---- Maybe O's quest for 61 wins.
  • Options
    Wow, Guthrie pitched another quality start ( 11 out 0f 14 starts ), but this time he won for the 3rd time.

Only 29 wins to go.
  • Options
    You may have to go as high as 65!!! Go O's.

O
    ORIOLES FOR TRADE
    My 57 set
    1957 O's team: Completed
    1978 O's team: 71.4%
    1980 O's team: 85.7%
    1974 O's team: 74.2%
  • Options
    CDsNutsCDsNuts Posts: 10,092
    Something magic happened....... on the radio.......
  • Options
    this is a nice little run by the O's. the longer the y keep the yankees in the basement the better
    Fred

• Options
    Lost a close one. Record is 31wins and 31 losses.

Still 29 wins to go.
  • Options
    Down 6 to 1, came back to win--9 to 6.

O's now back to .500 at( 33 and 33) .---27 more wins to hit 60 wins.

O's have 9 more wins at the 66 game mark , than expected for a 60-102 team.
  • Options
    Just got homefrom that one, nice comeback, who were all those people in stands? Tim
  • Options
    Are the loyal fans removing their bags from threir heads and starting to return or did they just want to see the pirates??? Still at .500 this late in the early season. Who would have thunk it??
    ORIOLES FOR TRADE
    My 57 set
  • Options
    Had the old familiar atmosphere, doubt the loyal fans will come back until Angelos leaves, maybe it was fireworks, throwback jerseys, Earl Weaver, most I have seen in a while for a non Yankee, Red Sox game.
  • Options
    did i hear right that the team has completed the necessary paperwork to put Baltimore on hte away jerseys next year? i'm up in PA and didn't get the whole story. any help would be appreciated.
    .500 not bad for june 14th.
    Fred

• Options
    IronmanfanIronmanfan Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭✭
    yeah, "Baltimore" will reappear on the road jersey's in 2009
    Successful dealings with Wcsportscards94558, EagleEyeKid, SamsGirl214, Volver, DwayneDrain, Oaksey25, Griffins, Cardfan07, Etc.
  • Options
    Ugly win, comeback win ( a couple of times tonight ), we'll take it anyway win.

O's now 34-33---only 26 wins to go, to the 60 win magic number.
  • Options
    first sherrill yacks it up then the come back, last years team would not have done that
    Fred

• Options
    Would it be premature to raise the number? Maybe they are looking and we dont want them to stop there.
  • Options
    Back to .500. Came from behind to tie game in 9th.
  • Options
    I would go with 70.
    ORIOLES FOR TRADE
    My 57 set
  • Options
    Another come from behind team win.

Go O's.
  • Options
    this team is in almost every game. what a change from the past years, trembly keeps them in it all the time.

hey who will be the o's all-star this year?? i thought it was going to be sherrill but nick the stick is hitting very well now. any thoughts?
    Fred

• Options
    Depends on what team needs, Markakis or Roberts I think. Another nice game tonight.
  • Options
    Another (20th) come from behind win. Guthrie pitched another great game , with again , another no desicion. Of the 8 innings he pitched, he retitred the side in 6 of them.

2-1 win in 10 innings. 2 games over .500.
  • Options
    i hope its markakis. another solid game last night.

anyone have any success wiht markakis through the mail??? i sent one a while ago, to the team, and i'm just wondering what my chances are. i love that turkey red card of nick the stick, so i sent the small one.
    Fred

• Options
    Another come from behind win.

3 games over .500 and 23 wins away from 60. More importantly 43 wins away from their 1st non-losing season in a long , long time.
  • Options
    I'm thinking Markakis or Luke Scott who's also having a great year. Markakis is a bigger name so he'll probably get the nod, but they both have about the same stats and they've both been pretty clutch.
  • Options
    i think its going to be sherill-23 saves but i hope its markakis

another win and sweep of the stros, nice
    Fred

• Options
    Another win, although this was was not a come from behinder. O's were the only AL-east team to win tonight.

With a record of 38-34, O's need 22 more wins to hit the 60 win mark. They must go 43-47 the rest of the way to finish at .500.

Its only a dream.
  • Options
    i think it can be done and i for one would be thrilled!!!

no one from the NL can stop them
    Fred

• Options
    Nice Win against the mighty Cubs. Hope we can repeat as Cubs have a loaded team.
  • Options
    After a lose ,the night before, the O's made it look easy today.

Now stand at 40-37. Go O's.
  • Options
    A loss snatched from the jaws of victory. Looked like a sure win.

KC is next. Hope we do well.
  • Options
    i hate losing 2 of 3 to the NATS
    may need to trade sherill sooner then later

hopefully KC will go better
    Fred

• Options
    last night was another disappointing loss, sherrill blows another 9th inning lead
    Fred

• Options
    O's improve to 42-40. Technically another come from behind win. Was very nearly another last inning collaspe.

Glad we won. Let hope for another win tommorrow.
  • Options
    I think Sherrill would be a great setup man for when Ray comes back next year, so I say keep him if he's relatively cheap.
  • Options
    i think a guy with sherrill's numbers may be very valuable at the deadline, i think they need to look and see what they can get for him, since we still will have walker next year, unfortuntly, from the left side. i don't the o's will be able to deal him this year.

i hope ray can come back strong
    Fred

• Options
    O's won again. Now they stand at 43-40. Cabrera pitched his second complete game of the season ( the only 2 so far this year for the birds ). Another come from behind victory.

They must have an absolute collapse to not hit 60 wins. Anything is possible, but not likely.

Go O's.