Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Poll: For how many numismatic-related clubs/subscriptions/societies do you currently pay dues/fees?

RYKRYK Posts: 35,789 ✭✭✭✭✭
I think that this forum represents an extremely active cross-section of the numismatic community. I would like to get an idea how many subscriptions, clubs, societies, etc. people here pay dues or fees.

I am currently a member of the ANA, Liberty Seated Collectors Club, EAC, NBS, St. Louis Numismatic Association, and CSNS and subscribe to Coin World and am a member of the PCGS Collectors Club. That counts for eight subs/dues.

How about you?

Comments

• Options
    tightbudgettightbudget Posts: 7,299 ✭✭✭
    The ANA, along with my local coin club. So, that makes two for me.
  • Options
    None, but i'd love to belong to a club in Chicago if anyone has any advice for me!
  • Options
    tightbudgettightbudget Posts: 7,299 ✭✭✭

<< <i>None, but i'd love to belong to a club in Chicago if anyone has any advice for me! >>

The ANA website

Don't know if there are any others though, I've never been to Chicago once in my life.
  • Options
    dbldie55dbldie55 Posts: 7,719 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ANA life member, so I only pay if I want to.

FSNC, NLG, BCCS are the others. I plan to join EAC at some point.

Coin World and Numismatic News for publications.

Collector and Researcher of Liberty Head Nickels. ANA LM-6053
  • Options
    RYKRYK Posts: 35,789 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ANA life member, so I only pay if I want to.

I would count that since you paid for it. Who knows? The way the finances are going, they may have assessments or cash calls in the near future. image
  • Options
    Im only a member at PCGS so far. Im going to join the JRCS this week. I meant to do it the other day, but I forgot.

There is talk of starting a club in the PA and OH area, since Im in that area, Ill be joing that too. If there are any great recomendations, Im all ears???

• Options
    LeeGLeeG Posts: 12,162
    PCGS, Tidewater Coin Club, ANA, and EAC. image
  • Options
    NGC, Numismatic News.
    aka Dan
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    CoinWorld subscription..... no clubs... (anti-joiner personality - image ) Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    PCGS collectors club and Numismatic News so far. I do some buying and selling on ebay also, and pay them "dues" every month image
    imageQuid pro quo. Yes or no?
  • Options
    BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,486 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ANA - I'm not a "happy camper" member - I pay dues because of the business

The rest are because I have a collector interest:

Local club
    Early American Coppers
    John Reich Society
    Civil War Token Society.
    Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
  • Options
    fcfc Posts: 12,789 ✭✭✭
    1. the southern gold society club thingy
    member #25
  • Options
    shorecollshorecoll Posts: 5,445 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ANA, ANS, EAC, NBS, CWTS
    ANA-LM, NBS, EAC
  • Options
    dbldie55dbldie55 Posts: 7,719 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i> ANA life member, so I only pay if I want to.

I would count that since you paid for it. Who knows? The way the finances are going, they may have assessments or cash calls in the near future. image >>

I have a junior membership for my son, and it is due again. I paid 3 years last time and will do so again.
    Collector and Researcher of Liberty Head Nickels. ANA LM-6053
  • Options
    LongacreLongacre Posts: 16,717 ✭✭✭
    ANA, EAC, MCA, NBS, SGS (remember them? image ), Coin World. There are probably a few others that I am not remembering right now.
    Always took candy from strangers
    Didn't wanna get me no trade
    Never want to be like papa
    Working for the boss every night and day
    --"Happy", by the Rolling Stones (1972)
  • Options
    STONESTONE Posts: 15,275
    Even at my young age, I'm paying for 4 clubs: ANA, 2 old local clubs, and 1 new local club.
  • Options
    guitarwesguitarwes Posts: 9,240 ✭✭✭

Only Coin World/Values

that's it.......no local club, no ANA membership (yet)

@ Elite CNC Routing & Woodworks on Facebook. Check out my work.
    Too many positive BST transactions with too many members to list.
  • Options
    291fifth291fifth Posts: 23,945 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My only remaining subscription is to Numismatic News. When renewal time comes in a few months I will probably let it lapse unless I can get a really cheap subscription deal.
    All glory is fleeting.
  • Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    PCGS, ANA, OCC... Maybe a couple of subscriptions. I'm sure a couple have lapsed.
  • Options
    ziggy29ziggy29 Posts: 18,668 ✭✭✭
    I subscribe to Coin World and Gerry Fortin's Seated Dime webbook. I'm a member of ANA and the Fly-In Club. I've been meaning to join LSCC but have never gotten around to it yet.
  • Options
    CoinHuskerCoinHusker Posts: 5,030 ✭✭✭
    ANA, CSNS, NNA (Nebraska Numismatic Association), OCC (Omaha Coin Club), Coin World, Coin Values, and Numismatic News.
    Collecting coins, medals and currency featuring "The Sower"
  • Options
    MidLifeCrisisMidLifeCrisis Posts: 10,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ANA Life Member
    Colonial Coin Collectors Club
    Early American Coppers Club
    PCGS Collectors Club
    Coin World
  • Options
    DaveGDaveG Posts: 3,535
    ANA, New Jersey Numismatic Society, Garden State Numismatic Association, Southern Gold Society, Liberty Seated Collectors' Club, Numismatic Bibliomania Society.

Subscribe to Coin World and Coin Values.

Check out the Southern Gold Society

• Options
    MercMerc Posts: 1,646 ✭✭
    I just joined the Parker coin club in Greenville, SC.

I've been a member of the Wooster, OH coin club, the Central FL CC, FUN, and the Frederick, MD CC. As you can tell, I move rather often.
    Looking for a coin club in Maryland? Try:
    FrederickCoinClub
  • Options
    RTSRTS Posts: 1,408
    NBS and EAC publications - I receive the ANA magazine whatever it is called so I must have a subscription though
    I will not renew the ANA subscription as I personally find, and I assume I am a minority of one, the publication vapid.

I would like to join the John Reich Society for their publication.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file