Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

First Spouse Pricing Announced! Who is going to bite?

Who is biting at these prices???
First Spouse Proof Four-Coin Set is $1,675.95
First Spouse Gold Uncirculated Four-Coin Set is $1,599.95
Order Limit: 10 sets per household

"I am sorry you are unhappy with the care you recieved, is their anything I can do for you right now, how about some high speed lead therapy?" - A qoute from my wife's nursing forum

"I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." – Thomas Jefferson

Comments

• Options
    08HALA2008HALA20 Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭

$420 a coin is a bit high for me.

Joe
  • Options
    7over87over8 Posts: 4,733 ✭✭✭
    Where did you see pricing announced
  • Options
    08HALA2008HALA20 Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭
  • Options
    BearBear Posts: 18,954 ✭✭
    40,000 mintage? Seems a tad high for real value.
    There once was a place called
    Camelotimage
  • Options
    OmegaOmega Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭
    Yikes! My First Spouse might be my last if I went for those!
  • Options
    thanks for the link...
    how did you get to that from the mints site? i can get there from your link but can't seem to navigate there from scratch?
    /ed
  • Options
    morgansforevermorgansforever Posts: 8,428 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are they 110th oz. or 1/2 oz.?

World coins FSHO Hundreds of successful BST transactions U.S. coins FSHO
  • Options
    1/2 ounce

"I am sorry you are unhappy with the care you recieved, is their anything I can do for you right now, how about some high speed lead therapy?" - A qoute from my wife's nursing forum

"I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." – Thomas Jefferson
  • Options
    KaelasdadKaelasdad Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭
    Interesting. So you cant order single coins, just sets?
  • Options
    FullStrikeFullStrike Posts: 4,353 ✭✭✭
    One thing really dissapoints me big time about these sets. image

There is a 10 set per household limit.

• Options
    CaptHenwayCaptHenway Posts: 31,564 ✭✭✭✭✭
    No capsules????????
    These are going to be a REAL problem down the road.
    TD
    Numismatist. 50 year member ANA. Winner of four ANA Heath Literary Awards; three Wayte and Olga Raymond Literary Awards; Numismatist of the Year Award 2009, and Lifetime Achievement Award 2020. Winner numerous NLG Literary Awards.
  • Options

<< <i>No capsules????????
    These are going to be a REAL problem down the road.
    TD >>

thinking that's just the picture since it looks like a rendering (of the coins) and not the real thing

/ed
  • Options
    66Tbird66Tbird Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭
    spot Plus 20%

it may workimage
    Need something designed and 3D printed?
  • Options
    Make a single thread
  • Options
    NeoStarNeoStar Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭
    Bear is right! 40,000 mintage!!! That's too high!!!
  • Options
    ME............IM IN BIG TIME>>>>>>>>>>>>>image
  • Options
    MilesWaitsMilesWaits Posts: 5,310 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jefferson's Liberty for me IN SMALL TIME.

Miles
    Now riding the swell in PM's and surf.
  • Options
    I think at that price, with everything else going on.. most people are going to watch this one from the sidelines. Which might make this a good one to have. But I have my oldest starting college in the fall.. so I am watching this one from the sidelines personally.

• Options
    Im sorry...........I think this will be something BIG in 20 years

And I mean in 20 years this could be worth something special............opinions ?
    Monday April 30, 2007 9:00 PM (NEW!)

First Spouse One-Half Ounce Gold Proof Coins – Four-Coin Set
    The United States Mint is honoring our Nation’s First Spouses by issuing one-half ounce, $10 gold coins featuring their images in the order that they served as first spouse.

The 2007 First Spouse Gold Proof Coins are the first pure, .9999 fine, 24-karat gold one-half ounce coins ever issued by the United States Government. This is the inaugural year of the First Spouse Gold Coin Series. The United States Mint will issue these coins yearly, throughout the life of the Presidential $1 Coin Program, and with your enrollment today, you will receive the first four coins in the First Spouse Gold Coin Series. In addition, those enrolling in the 2007 proof gold subscription program will also receive an accompanying custom-designed, highly-polished, plush-lined, hardwood box to hold all of the planned First Spouse Gold Proof Coins. The custom-designed subscription box will begin shipping in mid-August.

The First Spouse Gold Coin Series Online Subscription Program is a simple and convenient way to make sure you receive your favorite products. When you select this subscription plan, you receive these coins and all future coins annually until the program ends. To ensure uninterrupted delivery of your subscription, please keep your credit card information correct. You can choose to cancel at any time.

Special note regarding pricing: Unlike gold bullion coins whose prices fluctuate daily with the spot price of gold, First Spouse Gold Proof Coins are collectible coins. However, their inherent gold value may drive a price up or down. Accordingly, these coins are subject to change from year to year. Approximately 30 days prior to your subscription fulfillment each year, you will receive an e-mail notification from the United States Mint stating the new prices for the coming year. Customers have the option of cancelling their subscriptions at any time if prices are not acceptable to them.

• Options
    My personal feeling is the a complete set when done will be something very special.. I see some of these slipping by as people get buried in a ever growing mountian of mint issues. I thing the key of this series will be a very special monster, now if my magic 8 ball could tell me which of these ladies its going to be.... image

• Options
    DoubleEagle59DoubleEagle59 Posts: 8,200 ✭✭✭✭✭
    20% over spot isn't too bad.

Our Canadian MInt just issued one kilo coins in both silver and gold.

In gold: one kilo spot is approx. $25,000 CDN $$. RCM Issue price: $35,000 CDN $$

In silver: one kilo spot is approx. $500 CDN $$. RCM Issue price: $1200 CDN.
    "Gold is money, and nothing else" (JP Morgan, 1912)

"“Those who sacrifice liberty for security/safety deserve neither.“(Benjamin Franklin)

"I only golf on days that end in 'Y'" (DE59)
  • Options
    If you had to buy a set, one set, would you prefer PROOF or UNCIRCULATED?
    I'm leaning towards PROOF for the cameo on the Jefferson.

Miles

*edited for spellin'
  • Options

<< <i>thanks for the link...
    how did you get to that from the mints site? i can get there from your link but can't seem to navigate there from scratch?
    /ed >>

Try the Subscriptions button; left-hand navigation panel...

Ken
    -Ken
  • Options
    PROOF for the BEAUTY.........No Unc for these
  • Options

<< <i>Who is biting at these prices???
    First Spouse Proof Four-Coin Set is $1,675.95
    First Spouse Gold Uncirculated Four-Coin Set is $1,599.95
    Order Limit: 10 sets per household >>

Given the mintage and order 'limit' I don't think they'll sell out too fast. I think I will wait to see what else the mint offers later in the year; I may need the cash for some other issues. If nothing else seems appealing I'll probably jump in.

Ken
    -Ken
  • Options
    If I do bite later this year, it will be Unc.. I generally just say no thank you to proofs.

• Options
    question....

when they say "40,000 across all product options" does that mean 40,000 for ALL UNC and PROOF put together?

/ed

• Options
    Correct across the product line.. 40,000 total

• Options
    I just subscribed for 1 Proof and 1 Uncirculated set. I guess I'll have to dump some of the 2006 stuff to pay for these.........
    GUINZO1975
  • Options
    BigDaddyzBigDaddyz Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭
    Can anyone verify that the mint is NOT going to sell these individually? I was hoping to just collect a set of the liberties.
    Great BST experiences: abitofthisabitofthat, silvercoinsdude, gerard, coinfame, mikescoins, wondercoin
  • Options
    All that anyone know for sure is they posted sets... what they are going to do next who knows.

• Options
    goldman86goldman86 Posts: 495 ✭✭✭
    I like them... I'm in...

The Stealth Ninja
  • Options
    flaminioflaminio Posts: 5,664 ✭✭✭
    Conventional wisdom would be Proof for beauty and Unc for value.

I'm buying Uncs.
  • Options
    percybpercyb Posts: 3,301 ✭✭✭

<< <i>40,000 mintage? Seems a tad high for real value. >>

That's 67 million $$. Does that seem like a lot?
    "Poets are the unacknowledged legislators of the world." PBShelley
  • Options
    FullStrikeFullStrike Posts: 4,353 ✭✭✭
    I was about to go for 50 BU subscriptions but then...................

I figure the 1/10 Plat First Pets Sets will be much better than these.

Never heard of First Pets Sets?

Give it time .... I'm sure they're comming. image
  • Options

<< <i>Conventional wisdom would be Proof for beauty and Unc for value.

I'm buying Uncs. >>

They are all UGLY........you better get the Proof
  • Options
    "Can anyone verify that the mint is NOT going to sell these individually? I was hoping to just collect a set of the liberties."

They caught hell last year for selling the singles out of the Anniversary sets after announcing a Limited Mintage so who knows........

Miles

• Options
    mach19mach19 Posts: 4,002 ✭✭
    I'm in
    TIN SOLDIERS & NIXON COMING image
  • Options
    LincolnCentManLincolnCentMan Posts: 5,347 ✭✭✭✭
    I'm able to add the proof 4-coin set to a subscription, but dont know where to find the unc set. Anyone know where I can do that from?

-David
  • Options
    tightbudgettightbudget Posts: 7,299 ✭✭✭
    Nah, gotta save up for college...
  • Options
    RarityRarity Posts: 1,412 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I'm able to add the proof 4-coin set to a subscription, but dont know where to find the unc set. Anyone know where I can do that from?

-David >>

I believe this subscription is for Proof only. The Unc will be announced at later time.
  • Options

• Options
    "I'm able to add the proof 4-coin set to a subscription, but dont know where to find the unc set. Anyone know where I can do that from?"

Same spot under Subscriptions, the top item is the PROOF set and the next item is the UNCIRCULATED, I believe.

Miles

• Options
    Its all under "Subscriptions"
  • Options
    RarityRarity Posts: 1,412 ✭✭✭✭
    The Unc option isn't there yet.
  • Options
    Same spot under Subscriptions, the top item is the PROOF set and the next item is the UNCIRCULATED, I believe.

Thanks. I subscribed for a PR and Unc set. That's gonna leave a mark.

-David
  • Options

<< <i>The Unc option isn't there yet. >>

YES They are there...........The Unc will be UGLY .........because the WOMEN are very UGLY
  • Options
    The $10 Dollar size will be pretty..............image
  • Options
    A better link that includes the unc versions.

-David
  • Options
    CladiatorCladiator Posts: 17,920 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you can buy the coin individually I may be in for 1 coin.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file