Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

2007 Allen and Ginter

Comments

• Options
    Here's that Vernon Wells I was talking about earlier - along with a couple of my other nice pulls from last years Ginter. Unfortunately, this year wasn't as nice image

kshorton says: i gots an Empire State Building card... seeking advice.. is this better and worth more than my psa 3 franco harris 1973 topps card which i defouled by trying to make a baby with ? Please advise. the franco card is graded.. the ESB card is not yet, and I do not want to have a baby with the ESB card.
  • Options
    Jesus, just came across this scan in my photobucket too. Wish I still had these sitting around! Especially the Griffey. They were all pulled from my breaks last year. What a great year for A&G that was! Alright, I'm just reminiscing now!

kshorton says: i gots an Empire State Building card... seeking advice.. is this better and worth more than my psa 3 franco harris 1973 topps card which i defouled by trying to make a baby with ? Please advise. the franco card is graded.. the ESB card is not yet, and I do not want to have a baby with the ESB card.
  • Options
    This however, was my pull of a lifetime! Sorry, it's not for sale.

• Options
    Nice work Bill.

Chris
    Chris
    My small collection
    Want List:
    '61 Topps Roy Campanella in PSA 5-7
    Cardinal T206 cards
    Adam Wainwright GU Jersey
  • Options
    BunchOBullBunchOBull Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭
    I'm showing my ignorance here, but who is Bill Menard?
    Collector of most things Frank Thomas. www.BigHurtHOF.com
  • Options
    Ross, I'm pretty sure that's the gentleman who posted that "card". But I could be wrong.

Chris
    Chris
    My small collection
    Want List:
    Cardinal T206 cards
  • Options
    zep33zep33 Posts: 6,897 ✭✭✭

<< <i>But the Hall card is one of the SP no number cards. Pulled at a rate of 1:130 packs, so not an easy pull at all. >>

oops didnt' realize it was an SP - my bad

• Options

<< <i>Ross, I'm pretty sure that's the gentleman who posted that "card". But I could be wrong.

Chris >>

lol, I'm gullible.
  • Options
    Black border SPs aren't at all easy pulls, but they're one of the least respected niches in the set.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Ross, I'm pretty sure that's the gentleman who posted that "card". But I could be wrong.

Chris >>

lol, I'm gullible. >>

I am as well most of the time. It took me a minute too.

Chris
    Chris
    My small collection
    Want List:
    Cardinal T206 cards
  • Options
    nice cards wem

wish I was buying stuff last year. I missed a lot of good stuff over the last few years.
  • Options

<< <i>I'm showing my ignorance here, but who is Bill Menard? >>

Ha ha - that's what I said when I pulled it, but then when I found out he was the inventor of the craftmatic adjustable bed, I nearly wet my pants that I pulled his 1/1 auto!

• Options
    joestalinjoestalin Posts: 12,473 ✭✭
    Hey Bill,

Its Kevin from beckett. Im glad you could join us here! Thanks for the recent trades. Im sure you can strike up some more here!

Kevin
  • Options
    Well guys, after a final trading push, and assuming the USPS doesn't let me down, I've completed this set to the extent I want to. After opening 16 hobby boxes, and having a fantastic time trading with both old and new trading partners, I was able to put together multiple master regular sets, a full mixed back mini set, a flag set, and an emperor set. I didn't go for the snakes since, well, I don't like snakes. A couple of big pulls (Wright wood rip mini and Santana auto) led to good sales, and as a result of so many great trades, and some generous additions, I also got some of the cards I was hoping to get for player sets.

As much as I have enjoyed the Heritage sets these past couple of years, I think I enjoyed the pure trading and chatting about this set even more - I really enjoyed every single interaction I had - just great to meet new people and trade with previous partners as well. I'll probably put what I have left into lots and onto eBay, but if anyone needs anything - please shoot me a PM, I'd be happy to help people complete their sets as well. The only other cards I'd be interested in adding to what I have are the Clemens black mini, and the Clemens Bazooka mini - if anyone is interested in trading either of those, please let me know.

Thanks again to everyone I've dealt with this go round, it's been a great time.

Cards I have left:

Emperors: E6 Nero

Relics: Chavez Pants (2), Fielder Bat, Juarez Jersey, Konerko Bat (2), Kotchman Jersey (2), LaRoche Jersey (2), LoDuca Jersey, Ramirez Jersey, Tejada Jersey, Winn Jersey (2)

A&G Back Minis: 59, 199

Regular Back Minis: 5, 31, 41, 56, 68, 74, 95, 111 (2), 131, 132, 143, 146, 147, 180, 183, 184 (2), 186, 189, 190, 191, 221, 225, 235, 241, 277, 280, 285, 287, 288, 298, 312, 315, 329

Regular SPS: 5, 48, 58, 63 (3), 107, 137, 159, 302 (2), 307, 308, 316 (2), 322, 326, 334

Black Minis: 4 (2), 22, 30 (2), 36, 44, 49, 118, 121, 126 (2), 135, 145, 169 (2), 179, 216, 226, 265, 285, 294, 304

No# Black Minis: Ron Washington, Julio Juarez, Andruw Jones, Orlando Cabrera, Dan O'Brien
  • Options
    Updated:

For trade:

Regular base: almost all of them, just ask

Lots of Perez sketch cards, including a whole set I'd be glad to trade cheap

Regular mini's: 5 sp, 16, 34, 46, 50, 55, 59, 73, 76, 81, 88, 91, 102, 106, 107 sp, 109, 132, 139, 145, 166, 169, 176, 179, 192, 195, 196, 199, 202, 206, 217, 223, 224 sp, 233, 234, 266, 278, 286, 302 sp, 305, 306 sp, 307 sp, 317 sp, 325 sp, 331 sp, 335 sp,

A&G back mini's: 15, 27, 32, 33, 37, 47, 62, 83, 98, 104, 113, 129, 158, 208, 212, 215, 219 sp, 238, 250, 337

Black border mini's: none

Black border no number: John Mule Miles, Phil Hughes, Joe Crede

Regular mini no number: none

Flags: Argentina, Canada, Colombia, Ireland, Jamaica, Thailand

Emperors: Julius Ceasar, Tiberius, Aurelius, Severus

Relics: Hank Blalock, Mark Mulder

Arod: 252, 261, 262, 265

N43's: Ryan Howard

National Pride: South Korea

Looking for:

Regular Mini's:

Flags: Algeria, Austria, Brazil, Ecuador, Iceland, Indonesia, Israel, Kenya, Mexico, Panama, Puerto Rico, Taiwan, Turkey

Snakes: All of them

• Options
    Bill:
    You need to get rid of that red x icon and use your 1/1 auto, would be a pretty cool icon. And do you discount the beds for good traders?
  • Options
    kmnortonkmnorton Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭
  • Options

<< <i>Crap, it's been pulled >>

dang
  • Options
    mudflap02mudflap02 Posts: 2,060 ✭✭
    By one of the biggest sellers on ebay, too. Someone was saying on the beckett boards how topps lets their bigger customers know which cases they can expect to pull better cards from.
  • Options
    kmnortonkmnorton Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭
    And that's different from payola, how? I would hope that they are just selling the card for somebody that has 0 feedback or something like that, but, if not, ........
    IWTDMBII
  • Options
    jamesryanbelljamesryanbell Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭
    Who cares about the Castro....I'm looking for the Orville Wright. I still have never seen it....I think it's the last one left.

(AND BTW, if it's been pulled, that's gonna ruin my day. it needs to be in this hobby box i have sitting here)

-- Ryan Bell
  • Options
    alnavmanalnavman Posts: 4,129 ✭✭✭
    maybe castro is still in an unopened pack...
  • Options
    Blackborder,I have 1 flag you need, Panama. I have 11 Reg. Minis you need. # 24,39,52,72,141,155,240,256,265,SP 194,SP 327.
    You have 6 flags I need.
    Argintina,Chille,Indonisia,Mexico,Peru,Portugal.
    Also need National pride, South Korea.
    LMK, Thanks, Dave.
  • Options
    mealewormmealeworm Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭
    Only 5 cards left!!!! Someone Please. I will trade well in your favor.

2007 Allen & Ginter Trade Page

Minis Needed (either back ) ***2***
    Flags Needed ***3***
    Norway,Panama,U.A.E.

Trade Cards
    Reg minis 19,42,44,48,55,59,72x2,112,117,140,141,149,155,169,175,187,200,
    233,240,265,283, 288,291,292,299,317,337
    Reg minis sp 107,137,306,307,318,339
    A&G back minis 14,19,52,70,84,87,102,132,137,171,175,190,208,211,238,337
    Black minis 153,288
    Arods-252(2),257
    Nick Swisher Bat, Barry Zito jersey
    1957 Topps 99% 7.40 GPA
    Hank Aaron Basic PSA 7-8(75%)
  • Options
  • Options
    gosteelersgosteelers Posts: 2,668 ✭✭✭
    Hello everyone. Here's what I have available to trade:

Black Mini-333-Pedro Martinez
    Black Mini No #-Brian Bannister, John 'Mule' Miles
    Regular Mini's-8, 11, 18, 32, 34, 58 (Mussina-SP), 69, 102, 170, 215, 224 (Bard-SP), 247, 258, 267, 284, 289, 327 (Toles-SP), and 338
    A & G Mini's-16, 47, 87, 91, 99, 109, 256, 299, 303 (Clippard-SP), 315, and 333
    Base Card SP's-107 (Varitek), 178 (Pierre)

Flags-Greece, Honduras, and Peru

Looking for pretty much anything (except the Mini's, I'm not going to put that set together).

Mark
  • Options
    nam812nam812 Posts: 10,555 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the heads up on the 2006 Couture Kurt. Just sold it via 'buy it now' for $15 to parkplacecards. Is that who is buying up everyone elses?
  • Options
    Would anyone be interested in selling a Jonny Gomes (318) Bazooka back /25?

c_u_l_1@yahoo.com
    Looking for Jonny Gomes cards, especially Triple Threads and printing plates. Will consider all cards, though. Got something? Contact me at c_u_l_1@yahoo.com
  • Options

<< <i>Thanks for the heads up on the 2006 Couture Kurt. Just sold it via 'buy it now' for $15 to parkplacecards. Is that who is buying up everyone elses? >>

Yeah, consider me thankful for the heads up too Kurt, I just had a 12.50 BIN hit in less than 10 minutes...
  • Options
    Since a lot of you guys were also into the 2006 A&G's I thought I would check here first. I'm looking for at least 1 or maybe several of the 2006 #303 Jennie Finch card for my daughter. Anybody have any they would unload for a reasonable price? A trade is also possible if you're looking for anything from the 2007 set. LMK. I can get them on ebay or probably on beckett.com or sportslots but want to keep it in the family if possible.

Brian
    Learn some history of the game. Join a vintage base ball team in your area and get out there.
    Simsbury Taverneers
    My PSA Sets
  • Options
    jamesryanbelljamesryanbell Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭
    I've held out on ripping my hobby box for almost for a good week and a half. Do I get some kind of award? image

Soon though....very soon. I hope Orville Wright is hiding in there. image

-- Ryan
    -- Ryan Bell
  • Options
    Im now paying 6 dollars dlvd for a mini 193 from 2007 A&G!

LMK
    Kevin
  • Options
    parkerjparkerj Posts: 1,098 ✭✭✭
    Sorry Kevin, I don't have that one for you. wish i did - i'd give it to you.

As long as the USPS delivers, and pending one trade with 1980sCollector, I have finished the black set. whew - that was tough. Not sure I would recommend it to anyone. And I could never have done it without many of you here. Kudos to JoeStalin, Nam812, 517, zep33, bunch o bull, bullrat, mealeworm, wem1472, cwazzy, blackborder, kmnorton, prscott, 41goudeyguy, tiller, gosteelers, and HeritageAddict. Thanks Guys - sorry if i forgot anyone. You are all perfect examples of what make this a great community and a testament to how good the internet can be!

I only need these 4 sp's to finish my a&G backed set. Then I will be done - I have the snakes, flags, emperors, 1 regular size set, and or course the perez sketches. Oddly, besides inserts and box toppers, the one set i didn't do was the regular back minis.

A&G Back minis needed: ( 4 )
    107 Varitek
    152 Carlos Lee
    319 Ken Jennings
    349 Litsch

I still have plenty of cards left, mini and regular, so drop me a note if you need something.

Jim
  • Options
    Yeah!!!! Congrats! Onto the NNO set!
  • Options
    Glad to hear it Jim, I bet that's something for sore eyes. It's in pages I'm guessing? I'm not brave enough for the undertaking. I'm going to snag a few black border Frank Thomas' and several of the rookies, but I'm not brave enough past that. I'm a third of the way done with the A&G backs and just over half way done with the regulars. I'm going to knock those out, and finish 2 sets of flags, emperors, and snakes, and I'll be done. I'm thinking about trying a hand at the 1888 Flags of Our Nation set when it is all said and done, but not until I'm done with these modern sets.

And thank you for the trade, it is much appreciated.

Ross
  • Options
    parkerjparkerj Posts: 1,098 ✭✭✭
    It is in pages - looks great. I was able to get quite a few by trading away all my autos (thanks to joe stalin)....Plus two cases + 4 hobby boxes + ~4 blasters....and at least 50-60 other trades. Early on I bought a few lots from ebay of reg minis (about 300 cards for about $100), so i had tons of trade bait.

In the last week I also finished up my 2002 heritage chrome set (now THAT was tough), and the 2004 heritage doubleheaders set. I had to pay $18 for some scrub who apparently is tough to find (Mark Phillips). I needed him for the last 5 months. So a pretty good week!

One card at a time. Next up for me before 2008 heritage will be kicking off my 1953-1969 Baseball HOF rookies set in Ex condition (I already have 1969 thru 1989)....but that will much less intense. But I will miss the ripping of packs and the feverish trading frenzy.

• Options
    WOW, 02 chrome is an impressive set. Im still a few short on my 03 set and I bought a TON of packs. I just got some tabacco mini
    holders in from Bill today, they are really cool. Great for those rip card pulls and expensive no number and bazooka backs!

Is anyone gearing up for 08 heritage who hasn't done it before? Anyone here 59 topps experts? A&G has been fun, if you get
    in some new blood, make sure you post the cards here incase anyone needs anymore to complete sets. I just got my second to last
    mini in the mail today. Im still looking for the last.

Keep the trades coming!

Kevin
  • Options
    gameusedhoopgameusedhoop Posts: 3,558 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Im now paying 6 dollars dlvd for a mini 193 from 2007 A&G! >>

Hey Kevin, I have your card right here! Check your PM and and send my your address, STEVE.
  • Options

<< <i>Im now paying 6 dollars dlvd for a mini 193 from 2007 A&G!

LMK
    Kevin >>

Got it here. Rich Hill-Cubs

Just need an address and I'll send it out.
    No need for payment
  • Options
    Stopped at my local store and bought 4 packs.

Got this.....

Not a fan of his politics but it sure is a nice card
  • Options
    sorry for the double post

• Options
    Well, looks like I'm as done as I'm gonna get on the A&G's. Thanks to all the following parkerj, mealeworm, wem1472, cwazzy, 41goudeyguy, 262runner, five7teen, mdkuom, and especially mosiac, who had enough nerve to make the first deal with me and then legitimized me to the board, for the trades. For those of you who tried to make deals, I wanted and deserve the name of jackass but CU wouldn't let me have it, thanks for making the effort. Still believe we bulls should stick together. Great group of guys here and second parkerj's sentiments. This is what the internet should be.

Anyway, got one last puzzle card (the puzzle is where is the head) to get rid of. Was going to put it on ebay, but then thought somebody here might want it. Not looking to trade, first $15 gets it delivered. What a mess of a card.

• Options
    gameusedhoopgameusedhoop Posts: 3,558 ✭✭✭
    Opened yet another hobby box this morning. Got my 2nd autographed card, yup, another Laila Ali. Are we sure that there are only 200 of these?
    Not that I'm complaining, I got $120 for the 1st one!
  • Options
    Geez, a lot of cool pulls out of nowhere. Congrats to all.
  • Options
    Nice Cashman - hadn't seen one yet. Atleast there's cool fabric piece there instead of plain. I doubt there are many like yours.

And Nice Ali too

• Options
    nam812nam812 Posts: 10,555 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Where do you see a Cashman?
  • Options
    GameUsedHoop - I can really use that Ali for my set if you would consider a trade?

JLZincK - Any chance you'd trade the Olberman? Very much in need of that one for my set too...

My Photobucket address: http://s58.photobucket.com/albums/g274/wem1472/

For both you guys to check out if you are interested in trading! Thank you! Bill
  • Options

<< <i>Is anyone gearing up for 08 heritage who hasn't done it before?
    Kevin >>

I'm seriously considering it. I always liked the 59's (and the 58 football) sets.
  • Options
    Same here, I won't start another set until I've completed A&G though.
  • Options

<< <i>

JLZincK - Any chance you'd trade the Olberman? Very much in need of that one for my set too...

>>

Prolly gonna Ebay it if you want to make an offer or bid.

Lemme know