Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

WOW - full box of 1964 Topps Stand Ups - 120 packs!!!

1235»

Comments

• sandandy is Dan Knoll. He is one of the most honest people in the hobby. He does not work for Mastro - he runs his own aucitons, mainly non sports and equipment. I think that he used to work for Mastro about 5 years ago. I have their recent catalogs from the past few years and his name is not listed among all of the employees.

I have no idea who the celebrant is.
  • BasiloneBasilone Posts: 2,492 ✭✭

<< <i>I have no idea who the celebrant is. >>

He is an employee of Mastro Auctions.
  • packCollectorpackCollector Posts: 2,786 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Back to this auction, though, there's no question that the seller left a large amount of money on the table, and as even Steve Hart said in his post, the seller's evasiveness almost certainly suppressed the bidding. This box will realize possibly double what it sold for on ebay when Mastro puts it up for sale.
    >>

no question about it , since I was the underbidder any better feeling on my part would have helped him out, i would have easily bid another 10-15k than I did on the box had he been straight forward. I bid based on a box of commons which is the only way you could considering he wouldn't give any info.

well congrats to mastro , one thing for sure is they will not get a bid from me when they put it up for auction. maybe it is sour grapes but the fact that 20% from the buyer and 15% from the seller isn't good enough for them, I will not bid on the box with them out of pure principal.
  • flatfoot816flatfoot816 Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭
    Holy Smokes!!

Well it was way beyond me to even think of bidding on that item.

What are your guesses in how Mastro will sell them? Put up the complete unopened set? By pack? My guess is the complete unopened set. Talk about rare!
  • Doug Allen has addressed the issues related to the bidder and whatnot on Network54
  • flatfoot816flatfoot816 Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭
    can you provide a link??