Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

6 Year Anniversary -- Original PCGS Forum Member Roll Call (edited to 8 years)

Comments

• Options
    MrKelsoMrKelso Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭
    I lurked back then.

"The silver is mine and the gold is mine,' declares the LORD GOD Almighty."
  • Options
    mozeppamozeppa Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭
    sounds like a "good ole boy club" to me!
  • Options
    pontiacinfpontiacinf Posts: 8,915 ✭✭
    im still "in the house"

hey john stop bringing up hendrixcat, im sorry I ever offerd to help that POS

Go BIG or GO HOME. ©Bill
  • Options
    DHeathDHeath Posts: 8,472 ✭✭✭
    Late in the year like Bear.
    Developing theory is what we are meant to do as academic researchers
    and it sets us apart from practitioners and consultants. Gregor
  • Options
    I only lurked back then. I joined during the time of rampant post count cheating in invisible threads, the testing and general collectibles forums. I spent years away from here since then only coming back recently.. all I've got to show for it is this undeserved post count. clw54 and littlewicher are the ones I remember the most from that era, along with tjennings and a few others.
  • Options
    goose3goose3 Posts: 11,471 ✭✭✭
    I didn't bring him up!

Besides, you didn't do anything wrong.

I sincerely hope in the time that has passed that all of his teeth have either rotted so bad that he is in excruciating pain or that they have all fallen out and he has to employ the strategic use of white (possibly yellow) chiclets in their place.
  • Options
    MadMartyMadMarty Posts: 16,697 ✭✭✭
    I was a lurker in 2001, but didn't have the stones to post for almost a year!
    It is not exactly cheating, I prefer to consider it creative problem solving!!!

• Options
    HigashiyamaHigashiyama Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, OK, I think I should be allowed to submit my name for membership.
    Higashiyama
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    How does one know what 'number' one was when joining? Numobri cited that.. maybe it is not tracked any longer. I know one day I went to log in to the old forum and it sent me to the new one.. since that was Feb 2001, it had to be close to the start. Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    dragondragon Posts: 4,548 ✭✭
    bear,

This thread was supposed to be for those who joined in early 2001, not for those who were born prior to 1891 image
  • Options
    I was around before the switchover, but didn't create my new forum account in a timely manner. I'm still around though.

I was mongoose1199, registered 3 January of 2001. I pretty much lurked until the new forums.
    Joe
  • Options
    GaCoinGuyGaCoinGuy Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭✭
    I was a few months behind, but probably have one of the lowest post totals from the 2001 crowd, but not the lowest, from what I see above.

Message Posts: 3105

Last Visited On: February 3rd, 2007 8:03 AM

Average Posts Per Day: 1.63

imageimage

• Options
    6 months late..... with this name but my old acount was corrupted and I couldn't keep JGALT
  • Options
    BearBear Posts: 18,954 ✭✭
    I AM OLD..........I AM JUST NOT THAT OLD!imageimage
    There once was a place called
    Camelotimage
  • Options
    Do not remember, lets see when it was!
  • Options
    The memory, is the second thing to go.image
    Camelotimage
  • Options
    Coin FinderCoin Finder Posts: 6,968 ✭✭✭✭✭
    image I was a memeber of the boards before this in fact I think this is the third version.
  • Options
    garsmithgarsmith Posts: 5,894 ✭✭
    My original user name was from 2001, but it got bammed image
  • Options
    greghansengreghansen Posts: 4,301 ✭✭✭
    It hasn't always been pretty, but if you keep your head down and look for the pearls of wisdom, there is definately a lot to be learned here.

Greg Hansen, Melbourne, FL Click here for any current EBAY auctions Multiple "Circle of Trust" transactions over 14 years on forum

• Options
    I am not original but still in 01.
    This is the first time I logged on since the OF went down.

Wonder why I edited this?
    Could it be for spelling?
    Don >^< (o_/|_o)
    If it can be misspelled
    I already have
  • Options
    shirohniichanshirohniichan Posts: 4,992 ✭✭✭
    Sheesh-- has it been 6 years?

I used to identify people by their avatars (and thus confused Crispy with BigAlan at times). I haven't changed mine.

We saw gmarguli, tjennings, redbird, lovedbygod97, flash, maccoin, and a number of others who are long gone (flash still shows up every now and then, though).
    Obscurum per obscurius
  • Options
    Schmitz7Schmitz7 Posts: 752 ✭✭✭
    I joined fairly early as well, but first as FullSteps (this account doesn't seem to work any more).

Tim Schmitz
  • Options
    I don't recall when I "joined", but I have been around since the beginning..I think lol.

I remember the old board, anyone else remember the PCGS coin auction site...I think they ran it. There used to be some other pretty good auction sites that folded as ebay became more popular.
  • Options

<< <i>I was a few months behind, but probably have one of the lowest post totals from the 2001 crowd, but not the lowest, from what I see above.

Message Posts: 3105

Last Visited On: February 3rd, 2007 8:03 AM

Average Posts Per Day: 1.63 >>

Gotcha beat by a mile. image

Slow starter, here, lurked from Feb 2001 until October, then finally created the account.

Still under (way under) 500 posts.

Thanks to all the Old Timers here for your information and wit.
    "Giving away an MS-65 $20 St. Gaudens to everyone logged in when I make my 10,000th post..."
  • Options
    DDRDDR Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry Coin Trader, but I think I have you beat for the lowest amount of posts since 2001. (But I am reading all the time.)
  • Options
    gripgrip Posts: 9,962 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Feb 23, 2001.

Al
  • Options
    krankykranky Posts: 8,709 ✭✭✭
    A couple other once-active but missing (and missed!) members that come to mind - Spooly and MTABusrunner.

New collectors, please educate yourself before spending money on coins; there are people who believe that using numismatic knowledge to rip the naïve is what this hobby is all about.

• Options
    MICHAELDIXONMICHAELDIXON Posts: 6,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here! Here!
    Spring National Battlefield Coin Show is September 5-7, 2024 at the Eisenhower Hotel in Gettysburg, PA. WWW.AmericasCoinShows.com
  • Options
    cladkingcladking Posts: 28,377 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>How does one know what 'number' one was when joining? Numobri cited that.. maybe it is not tracked any longer. I know one day I went to log in to the old forum and it sent me to the new one.. since that was Feb 2001, it had to be close to the start. Cheers, RickO >>

Ah good, an excuse to post here. image

Look at your profile and your member number will probably be at the end of the line of information
    on the address bar below. Yours is "125".

I found this place pretty late but I read the old boards and was even making a sort of "search engine"
    for it using my favorites file. I feel like I'm an old timer even if I'm really a Johnny come lately.
    Tempus fugit.
  • Options
    cladkingcladking Posts: 28,377 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You don't even have to click the profile; just put the cursor on it and it's the first bunch of numbers.
    Tempus fugit.
  • Options
    dragondragon Posts: 4,548 ✭✭
    <<< cladking
    Pretender to the Throne

April 2002??? Even your join date is modern cr@p. image
  • Options
    BigEBigE Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭
    I know you guys are waiting for me to croak so you can take over my icon--------BigEimage
    I'm glad I am a Tree
  • Options
    Croak? I thought you were a

tree, not a frog.
    Camelotimage
  • Options
    shirohniichanshirohniichan Posts: 4,992 ✭✭✭

<< <i>A couple other once-active but missing (and missed!) members that come to mind - Spooly and MTABusrunner. >>

What? They don't like us any more?
    Obscurum per obscurius
  • Options
    Dang, one month late!

Cameron Kiefer
  • Options
    may the force be with you.

rob.
  • Options
    Still think the old boards were better.
  • Options
    SteveGSteveG Posts: 20 ✭✭
    Hello everyone!

Wow, has it been 6 years? That means we are 6 years older as well. Jeese. I'm an '01 guy, but have to post to see when I joined...
    Haven't been on for a while, but glad to see some old faces here.. BRdude, TomB, some guy that looks like a tree... !! My favorite thing going on in '01 was lovedbyGod(xx). Remember that??? LOL
    SteveG

SLABOHOLIC
  • Options
    mrcommemmrcommem Posts: 1,154 ✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    mrcommemmrcommem Posts: 1,154 ✭✭✭✭
    I know now. Darn, I missed by a month. Arrrrgggghhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    What did happen to Spooly? He was a great guy. When was the last time he was on? Are you lurking out there Spooly? Say Hello!
    SteveG

SLABOHOLIC
  • Options
    rkfishrkfish Posts: 2,617 ✭✭✭
    Wonder what happen to Merz also.......
    Steve

Check out my PQ selection of Morgan & Peace Dollars, and more at:
    WWW.PQDOLLARS.COM or WWW.GILBERTCOINS.COM
  • Options
    Another contestant for "Best of '01" - - Madeddie.
    SteveG

SLABOHOLIC
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks Cladking... I tried what you said.. cannot find it.. but, I will take your word for it.. thanks again... Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    Cam40Cam40 Posts: 8,146
    okay who remembers cob.
    a real flame warrior here even before greg er.. gareg.
    is askari still around? think he left for the darkside forums..?
    spooly was/is great. always a friend to most everyone and rarely
    flamed anyone. thats why i flipped when one tiime he did. i think he was serious too.
  • Options
    BRdudeBRdude Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭
    Ahh yea, coin-cob, me and him were buds, remember??imageimage And spooly, I still talk to him occasionally. Dang good to see grip respond, HEY AL!!!image and Askari! He does still respond to emails, but it has been a whileimage nd who could forget madeddieimage Her and the boyfriend she found stopped by my house years ago, what was his name>> Had 2 beautiful german sheppards...Shoot, I can't remember. Good folks though. She (madeddie) was on the open forum not long ago. Good to hear form ya Steve, been a while for sure.....
    AKA kokimoki
    the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed
    Join the NRA and protect YOUR right to keep and bear arms
    To protest against all hunting of game is a sign of softness of head, not soundness of heart. Theodore Roosevelt
    [L]http://www.ourfallensoldier.com/ThompsonMichaelE_MemorialPage.html[L]
  • Options
    I don't know if the Forum was better back then.

It was just different. Had a lot of nice folks that

are missed. However, we also got a lot of nice folks

to replace those who left.image
    Camelotimage
  • Options
    Good to see you Kory! Yea, it's been a while since I have been on. Too busy to get on-line much anymore. Funny I stopped in tonight and saw this thead. Way Cool! Still collecting a coin1 type set. Got a way to go yet...

Got another best of '01 - Hendrixcat. Remember the chat room? LOL that was a DISTASTER!!
    SteveG

SLABOHOLIC
  • Options
    BRdudeBRdude Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭
    Good deal steve, myst have had your ears burning or something.
    Aquila-rose was madeddie's boyfriend.. Dam good guy. They stayed at my deercamp for a couple fo days before heading to NY I think, or Pa??
    Who could forget hendrixcat and his bad teethimage
    AKA kokimoki
    the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed
    Join the NRA and protect YOUR right to keep and bear arms
    To protest against all hunting of game is a sign of softness of head, not soundness of heart. Theodore Roosevelt
    [L]http://www.ourfallensoldier.com/ThompsonMichaelE_MemorialPage.html[L]
  • Options
    RegistryCoinRegistryCoin Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭✭
    I also cannot say if it were better back then or not, but I do remember this forum coming together later that year in an unprecedented way. The efforts and giving and camaraderie displayed in the days and weeks following the 9-11 tragedy was without previous equal, never before known or experienced, and unparalleled since. I hope that we never find an instance in the future where we are called upon as a group to duplicate those experiences and efforts, however, I know that if it were necessary, we would act with the same intensity of good conscience.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file