Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Thank you, Knuckles! (Updated Jan 8, 2013)

Comments

• Options
    KnucklesKnuckles Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I was just wondering, did he give you a special discount since he's making 60 or so cards for you? >>

I've accepted quite a few extra autographs in trade for my services from Sean though I don't give a discount as many end up taking much longer than what I charge for. Many hours are spent at the library finding obscure quality images of certain guys and bits of information to put together for use on the back for their bio's. Let alone the time spent on design/incorporating more than a single autograph on quite a few. I am creating a high quality website for him to showcase his collection on free of charge being that I've made so many for him and appreciate it.

<< <i>Check out the C. Smythe...Knuckles incorporated autos on front and back of card!!!! >>

Good eye, that was one tough card to pull off.. not only did I have to work the design around the autographs being directly behind each others respected sides but the paper was very thin.. with no border around the perimeter I was worried that PSA could possibly damage it.

Here's what the sheet looked like front/back before being cut.

Thanks again,

- Garret
  • Options
    Reese3333Reese3333 Posts: 2,407 ✭✭
    Sean, pm sent
    Collecting the following autographed sets:
    HOF RC Auto Set
    1955 Topps Football AA
    1950 Bowman Football
    1951 Bowman Football
    1952 Bowman Football

ebay user- Jolt333
    Please be sure to check out my auctions!
  • Options

<< <i>Sean, pm sent >>

PMed back
    Thanks
    Sean

Always Looking for vintage hockey autographs

The Broderick Collection
  • Options
    More scans. Just got these back from PSA. Again, sorry for the bad scans, I need to get a better scanner.

This is a ticket-sized card as the autograph is close to 5.5" long

These came back to correct mechanical errors

And one autograph for framing

Thanks
    Sean

The Broderick Collection
  • Options
    TNP777TNP777 Posts: 5,711 ✭✭✭
    Beautiful cards, Sean! Great work as always, Garret.

Geordie
  • Options
    ajwajw Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭
    These truly are stunning. What a great collection.
  • Options
    Look'n good slabbed Sean.. The Steamer Maxwell looks pretty cool in the ticket sized holder. Awesome extra Morenz image

Thanks Geordie

- Garret
  • Options
    alifaxwa2alifaxwa2 Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭
    Great looking cards.
    Knuckles, does your printer have a website?
    Looking to have some custom cuts or plain custom cards built? PM me.

Commissions

Check out my Facebook page
  • Options

<< <i>Look'n good slabbed Sean.. The Steamer Maxwell looks pretty cool in the ticket sized holder. Awesome extra Morenz image

Thanks Geordie

- Garret >>

I agree, the Maxwell does look pretty good in the ticket-sized holder. It takes up about the same space a 3 vertical cards and will work well in my display cabinet. Thanks for all the hard work, Garret. Looking forward to the next set of cards.
    Thanks
    Sean

The Broderick Collection
  • Options
    I thought I would add photos showing off the collection now that I have a case for the part that is completed. I had one of my players (I coach high school hockey here in Ohio) make the case in his shop class. The case is about 4'x4' (actually 50"x48"). It has 2 rows for vertical cards (holds 14 cards each row), 5 rows for landscape cards (8 cards each row), and 4 rows for Tall Boy card (6 cards each row). I am having another one for the remaining part of my card collection (when they are made). The one case cost about $100. He did a great job. Enjoy the pictures. There isn't much light in my basement so the pictures may be a bit dark.

Thanks
    Sean

The Broderick Collection
  • Options
    I think it's really cool how Knuckles fits the multiple auto's together like puzzle pieces.
  • Options
    stownstown Posts: 11,321 ✭✭✭
    So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts
  • Options
    Wow... holy $hit thems is nice cards.

• Options
    I'm surprised that Knuckle's body of work has not garnered him an offer for design from one of the big card companies. Not that he'd take the position, but to know that they appreciate the time/effort/workmanship displayed in these autographed cards would be nice.

Congrats Sean! Quite a beautiful collection you have there!
    * '72 BASEBALL #15 100%
    * C. PASCUAL BASIC #3
    * T. PEREZ BASIC #4 100%
    * L. TIANT BASIC #1
    * DRYSDALE BASIC #4 100%
    * MAGIC MASTER #4/BASIC #3
    * PALMEIRO MASTER/BASIC #1
    * '65 DISNEYLAND #2
    * '78 ELVIS PRESLEY #6
    * '78 THREE'S COMPANY #1

WaltDisneyBoards
  • Options
    Absolutely amazing work! image
  • Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    I agree great work!

knuckles are you a fan of the blue jays? if so PM me.

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options
    WOW!! That is some amazing stuff. Knuckles really does do some amazing work... image
    PAVEL BURE "THE RUSSIAN ROCKET"

I am looking for ANY Pavel Bure cards you might be willing to sell off. Please just send me a PM if you do. Thanks!!

Successful Transactions with: bigfische, BobaFett72, Karb
  • Options
    Very nice Sean. The display looks amazing!
    HOF RC Auto Set
    1955 Topps Football AA
    1950 Bowman Football
    1951 Bowman Football
    1952 Bowman Football

ebay user- Jolt333
  • Options
    hankcaddyhankcaddy Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭✭✭
    that is artwork
    beautiful

currently collecting baseball of
    2004 spx
    1989 topps psa 10
    1959 phillies
    Phillies of the 70's
  • Options
    Very nice display Sean, the cards look great in there. image
  • Options
    I thought I would add some new designs that Knuckles is working on. He is currently working on 39 for me, with another 10 in the mail. These look great, especially considering most of these guys played in the 1930s or before.

Thanks
    Sean

The Broderick Collection
  • Options
    larryallen73larryallen73 Posts: 6,058 ✭✭✭
    Great stuff. Thanks for sharing.
  • Options
    SDSportsFanSDSportsFan Posts: 5,105 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great cards!!! image

But looking at that Cecil Dye, I didn't know Lyle Lovett played hockey under an assumed name! image

Steve
  • Options
    Incredible stuff. Wow!!!!
    Do you have Gretzky or any of the 1980's Islanders coming soon?
    Always looking to trade 1957 to 1971 baseball cards!

CMB: http://s1226.photobucket.com/albums/ee404/JollyElm/
  • Options

<< <i>Incredible stuff. Wow!!!!
    Do you have Gretzky or any of the 1980's Islanders coming soon? >>

Not any time soon. For now I am just concentrating on deceased HOFers and important names. The only guy so far in my card collection that is not deceased is Ken Dryden. I am at some point expand out to other modern guys, but it probably won't be any time soon.
    Thanks
    Sean

The Broderick Collection
  • Options
    More great additions to the greatest hockey collection I have ever seen! image
    HOF RC Auto Set
    1955 Topps Football AA
    1950 Bowman Football
    1951 Bowman Football
    1952 Bowman Football

ebay user- Jolt333
  • Options
    cohocorpcohocorp Posts: 1,371 ✭✭
    quality work. very nice.
  • Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sean

That's absolutely incredible work - I would be proud to have them in my collection.

Garret does sweet work - way better than any cut sig I've ever seen come out of a pack of UD!

Thanx for sharing.
    mike
    Mike
  • Options
    Hey all,

It has been awhile so I thought that I would add some new designs that Garret has been working on for me. Also attached is my new pride and joy of my collection that is on its way to Garret to have him work his magic. Thanks Garret!

And . . .only 2nd known example in the autograph hobby!

Thanks
    Sean

The Broderick Collection
  • Options
    Kid4hof03Kid4hof03 Posts: 1,840 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Absolutely stunning! Great work and what an amazing collection!

Abe
    Collecting anything and everything relating to Roger Staubach
  • Options
    tunahead08tunahead08 Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭
    Holy crap on the Hobey Baker sig!! I don't know if I could ever have a sig that's worth that much cut up, even though Knuckles creations are amazing!!
  • Options

<< <i>Holy crap on the Hobey Baker sig!! I don't know if I could ever have a sig that's worth that much cut up, even though Knuckles creations are amazing!! >>

If it was on something (a document) then it wouldn't get cut up, but since it is already a "cut" Garret won't have to do anything to it other then fit it into a card.
    Thanks
    Sean

The Broderick Collection
  • Options
    The Baker signature is amazing!
    HOF RC Auto Set
    1955 Topps Football AA
    1950 Bowman Football
    1951 Bowman Football
    1952 Bowman Football

ebay user- Jolt333
  • Options
    I'm sure it will be amazing when he's done! It's really quite a breathtaking auto!
  • Options
    Hey Sean,

Are there any know auto's out there for Georges Vezina? Also, are there any other HOF'ers that don't seem to have any existing signatures?

• Options
    tnsprotnspro Posts: 786 ✭✭✭
    I saw that auction. 12k?

Currency Wants: Any note with serial number 00000731
  • Options

<< <i>Hey Sean,

Are there any know auto's out there for Georges Vezina? Also, are there any other HOF'ers that don't seem to have any existing signatures? >>

I have seen two possible examples of Vezina, though I am not sure if either are real. There are differing opinions on Vezina's autograph. I have been told that he was illiterate and that people who have seen Montreal Canadien team signed items from his era have said his autograph is not on those items. But I have also talked to a family member of his and have been told he was literate, but he had only seen the two autographs that I have seen and was pretty sure one of them was not authentic.

As for other HOFers, I have not seen autographs from all inductees, and neither have the people that I know in the industry. Someone like Hod Stuart, who died in 1908, might be extremely hard to find. There were a few players from Canada who also died in WWI, but their signatures can be found on their enlistment papers. That is acutally where the other Baker in the autograph industry came from. In the 60s, an autograph collector wrote the US War Department requesting his paperwork and they just sent him Baker's enlistment papers.
    Thanks
    Sean

The Broderick Collection
  • Options

<< <i>I saw that auction. 12k? >>

Yes, it was expensive, but I believe it was worth it. Some collectors spend that much or more on guys like Babe Ruth and a Ruth signature shows up in almost every major auction. This is only the 2nd known example of Baker's and the other one came into the autograph field in the 1960s. Are there other ones out there, probably, but I definitely feel this is one of the super rare finds for hockey and football.
    Thanks
    Sean

The Broderick Collection
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>I saw that auction. 12k? >>

Yes, it was expensive, but I believe it was worth it. Some collectors spend that much or more on guys like Babe Ruth and a Ruth signature shows up in almost every major auction. This is only the 2nd known example of Baker's and the other one came into the autograph field in the 1960s. Are there other ones out there, probably, but I definitely feel this is one of the super rare finds for hockey and football. >>

I'd actually consider it a bargain considering the rarity and mystique of the sig! I'm insanely jealous of your buy and your collection image
  • Options
    otwcardsotwcards Posts: 5,291 ✭✭✭
    Mr. Broderick:

The phrase "ABOSULTELY STUNNING" does not do justice to your collection or Knuckles' work. The Hoby is awe inspiring and if I weren't so jealous, I'd write more. All I can say at this moment is, WOW! Thank you for being so kind to share.
  • Options

<< <i>Mr. Broderick:

The phrase "ABOSULTELY STUNNING" does not do justice to your collection or Knuckles' work. The Hoby is awe inspiring and if I weren't so jealous, I'd write more. All I can say at this moment is, WOW! Thank you for being so kind to share. >>

Scott,

Mr. Broderick is my dad image Thanks for the kind words, I really love the work that Garret puts into his cards and I love my collection. I hope that I can continue to add to it.
    Thanks
    Sean

The Broderick Collection
  • Options
    otwcardsotwcards Posts: 5,291 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Mr. Broderick:

The phrase "ABOSULTELY STUNNING" does not do justice to your collection or Knuckles' work. The Hoby is awe inspiring and if I weren't so jealous, I'd write more. All I can say at this moment is, WOW! Thank you for being so kind to share. >>

Scott,

Mr. Broderick is my dad image Thanks for the kind words, I really love the work that Garret puts into his cards and I love my collection. I hope that I can continue to add to it. >>

Sean:

Just showing respect for such an astounding collection. No offense or disrespect to you or your father was intended. Quite the contrary.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>Mr. Broderick:

Scott,

Mr. Broderick is my dad image Thanks for the kind words, I really love the work that Garret puts into his cards and I love my collection. I hope that I can continue to add to it. >>

Sean:

Just showing respect for such an astounding collection. No offense or disrespect to you or your father was intended. Quite the contrary. >>

Scott,

My bad, I didn't explain it well. I was saying that with a smile. I really appreciate your comments, I enjoy sharing my collection with people and hope that Garret gets more people asking for his help.

When you said Mr. Broderick, it made me chuckle a little. It made me think back to my time in the military when I was a young officer just out of the Academy and a Chief would come up and call me sir. I know it was out of respect, but I respected them so much more for the time they had given.
    Thanks
    Sean

The Broderick Collection
  • Options
    Here are a couple more designs for my collection, including the Hobey Baker. I cannot wait to get these in my hands after they go to PSA.
    Thanks for working so hard Garret!

Thanks
    Sean

The Broderick Collection
  • Options
    I had no idea Johnny Evers played hockey.
  • Options
    Just incredible - both the collection and Knuckles art work. Thanks so much for sharing it.
    C56, V252, V128-1 sets
    Hall of Famers from all 4 sports
  • Options
    It's a slow night so I figured I would add some more designs. Garret is still working hard on my collection. We are about to send 50+ cards into PSA and Garret still has another 25+ designs that he is working for me. Here are some of the latest designs. I found a better Connell autograph, so the card has changed just a bit.

Thanks
    Sean

The Broderick Collection
  • Options
    Just trying to get Garret some more love for his work. He is great at what he is doing.
    Thanks
    Sean

The Broderick Collection
  • Options
    BunchOBullBunchOBull Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭
    Love much deserved; awesome work on Garret's behalf and an increasingly awesome collection.
    Collector of most things Frank Thomas. www.BigHurtHOF.com
  • Options
    storm888storm888 Posts: 11,701 ✭✭✭
    Amazing!!!!!!
    Folks Who Bite Get Bitten. Folks Who Don't Bite Get Eaten.