Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Thank you, Knuckles! (Updated Jan 8, 2013)

I am been reading the boards for awhile now, but this is my first post. I just wanted to show off some of Knuckles amazing work. He is working on a whole hockey collection for me (probably around 60-75 cards or so by the end). Here is the first batch. I have not received these back yet, but once I do I can post some better pictures. Thank you for all the hard work, Knuckles, you do fantastic work!

Thanks
Sean

Always Looking for vintage hockey autographs

The Broderick Collection

Comments

• Options
    xbaggypantsxbaggypants Posts: 2,185 ✭✭✭
    Wow! Those are nice
  • Options
    lostdart58lostdart58 Posts: 2,938 ✭✭✭
    Wow.......Great looking stuff there!!!

Being the owner of a commissioned Knuckles original, I can vouch that his "stuff" is top of the line ,bar none. The best money i have ever spent in this hobby of ours.

Knuckles has be conspicuos in his absence this summer..................I assumed he comes out of his hibernation from the frozen north in the summer..........................but I see he has been busy!! image
    Collector of:Baseball
    1955 Bowman Raw complete with 90% Ex-NR or better

Now seeking 1949 Eureka Sportstamps...NM condition
    Working on '78 Autographed set now 99.9% complete -
    Working on '89 Topps autoed set now complete

• Options
    He definitely has been busy. Too bad the signature cuts that the card companies put out aren't this nice. They should hire Knuckles. I cannot wait to have these in my hands. The whole collection will be amazing when done, without a doubt.
    Thanks
    Sean

The Broderick Collection
  • Options
    carew4mecarew4me Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭✭
    Impressive work.

Loves me some shiny!
  • Options
    tkd7tkd7 Posts: 1,799 ✭✭
    WOW, great stuff
  • Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    First I would like to Welcome you HAC!

And your collection is off the chart! Only made more incredible by our friend Garret.

I would like to see some more detailed scans when you get the chance.

Congratulations on a tremendous collection enhanced by the artistic workmanship of Knuckles the Wonder Boy!

I look forward to your hockey auto contributions here.
    Don't be a stranger, socks optional.
    your friend
    mike
    Mike
  • Options

<< <i>First I would like to Welcome you HAC!

And your collection is off the chart! Only made more incredible by our friend Garret.

I would like to see some more detailed scans when you get the chance.

Congratulations on a tremendous collection enhanced by the artistic workmanship of Knuckles the Wonder Boy!

I look forward to your hockey auto contributions here.
    Don't be a stranger, socks optional.
    your friend
    mike >>

Mike,

Thanks for the welcome. I will definitely get some better scans up once I get them from Garett. He is making a couple more cards for me before sending this shipment back. Amazing work! I enjoy talking vintage hockey autos (though there isn't much talk about it).
    Thanks
    Sean

The Broderick Collection
  • Options
    yawie99yawie99 Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭
    Those look great, man. I can't wait to see them once you have them in hand.
    imageimageimageimageimageimage
  • Options
    Yeah, Knuckles is the Man!

I sent the guy a bunch and his work is indeed professional. Hey Knuckles if you see this, I'll be sending you some more signatures shortly, lately I've been tracking down players at shows and events, I was thinking of immortalizing myself on a baseballcard wouldn't that be cool. Get a players signature in person and also a photograph with the player, then have knuckles add both of us on back of the card. That would be a priceless one of a kind treasure!!!

Jery
    Jery's T206 set: Looking for PSA 6's & 7's!
  • Options
    stownstown Posts: 11,321 ✭✭✭
    MAJOR props to you, Knuckles.

So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts
  • Options
    rvcrvc Posts: 559 ✭✭
    i am also the owner of a knuckles original - ken dryden with a sweet auto. i cant believe none of the big companies have scooped him up yet! you've got some great ones there hac
    Bob
  • Options
    jackstrawjackstraw Posts: 3,752 ✭✭✭
    Wow you have a Morenz, Hainsworth and throw in an Art Ross! Very impressive !
    Nice work Knuckles !
    Collector Focus

ON ITS WAY TO NEWPORT BEACH, CA 92658
  • Options
    eyeboneeyebone Posts: 1,402 ✭✭✭
    Wow! What an impressive group of autographs. And nice work as usual by Knuckles.

Eyebone
    "I'm not saying I'm the best manager in the world, but I'm in the top one." Brian Clough
  • Options
    Great stuff!!!! Congrats and Kunckles is the best!
    C56, V252, V128-1 sets
    Hall of Famers from all 4 sports
  • Options
    EagleEyeKidEagleEyeKid Posts: 4,496 ✭✭
    Oh my gawd!! I'm drooling here.
    Great stuff!
  • Options
    Thanks for the comments, Knuckles did a great job on these and I am looking forward to see what he will do on the others that we plan on doing. Some others Knuckles will end up doing for me are Lord Stanley, Herb Gardiner, Conn Smythe, Dit Clapper, Buck Boucher, Newsy Lalonde, and Sprague Cleghorn. I really hope to have about 75 cards done, mostly of deceased hall of famers by the time we're done.
    Thanks
    Sean

The Broderick Collection
  • Options
    TNP777TNP777 Posts: 5,711 ✭✭✭
    Once again Garret has proven he is a fantastic artist. Great looking cards!

Geordie

• Options
    Those are pimpin'! How much does those set you back and what is the likely turnaround time? I am working on getting a Don Magic Juan auto and would be pimpin to turn it into a card.

Pimp On.....
    Nothing smoother than listening to Bob James and sipping on a glass of vintage Courvoisier! It's PIMPnificent!
  • Options
    Thanks for sharing, can only guess how those cards display!!

A project well worth the effort.
    Sig: Looking for a recent smr magazine, Please pm if you have one to recycle. Thank You
  • Options
    Courvoisier,

Knuckles charges $100/card, but it is definitely worth the cost. He puts a lot of time and effort into each card. If you want one or two cards done, I would think it would take him a week or two depending on his schedule. He does have a lot on his plate.

meuandthelot,

I can't wait to display these. Some will go back into the frames I took them out of. I will probably end up getting a custom case for the rest of them once the collection is done and they get back from PSA/DNA.

Here are a couple close ups of the design before the cards were made, but I think they look better when finished. The Bailey is actually on the back of the Morenz, the two were on opposite sides of a page from an autograph book.

Thanks
    Sean

The Broderick Collection
  • Options
    Yeah Knuckles is the best!
    Here are some cards created for me last April. I thought I'd share them for those who haven't seen them. If you want to see the backs, click on my site HERE!

Jery
  • Options

<< <i>Courvoisier,
    Knuckles charges $100/card, but it is definitely worth the cost. He puts a lot of time and effort into each card. If you want one or two cards done, I would think it would take him a week or two depending on his schedule. He does have a lot on his plate.
    >>

Hmm, I may have to invite him to the Playa's Ball.

Pimp On...
    Nothing smoother than listening to Bob James and sipping on a glass of vintage Courvoisier! It's PIMPnificent!
  • Options
    KnucklesKnuckles Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭
    Good to see you on the board Sean, I see you found one of my old avatars that I uploaded ages ago. Thanks for the abundance of positive comments regarding my work everyone. image

The Morenz/Bailey definitely ranks up there in the top 3 cards that I'm most proud of. It was a good challenge to not waste the Bailey autograph signed directly on the back of the Morenz. I wonder if a card manufacturer will ever do the same. It would be nice to work for Upper Deck but I doubt they're at all interested in me being that their product will sell just the same with or without me on their payroll.

Thanks again, I'll try not to be MIA from here so often. It's been a busy summer.
  • Options

<< <i>Good to see you on the board Sean, I see you found one of my old avatars that I uploaded ages ago. Thanks for the abundance of positive comments regarding my work everyone. image

The Morenz/Bailey definitely ranks up there in the top 3 cards that I'm most proud of. It was a good challenge to not waste the Bailey autograph signed directly on the back of the Morenz. I wonder if a card manufacturer will ever do the same. It would be nice to work for Upper Deck but I doubt they're at all interested in me being that their product will sell just the same with or without me on their payroll.

Thanks again, I'll try not to be MIA from here so often. It's been a busy summer. >>

Sup Pimpin...

What's your average turnaround time?

Pimp On...
  • Options
    At present 2 weeks to a month for a card or two.. I try my best to get them done as quickly as possible without sacrificing any quality. I've been swamped with my web design business.
  • Options
    Talent on loan from God!
  • Options

<< <i>At present 2 weeks to a month for a card or two.. I try my best to get them done as quickly as possible without sacrificing any quality. I've been swamped with my web design business. >>

Ok. I may have to hit you up in the future sometime. Until then............

Pimp On...
  • Options
    As promised here are some more scans of the cards Knuckles made for me as the first part of my hockey card collection. They are absolutely gorgeous. Thanks again, Garret. Looking forward to seeing part two.

If anyone wants better scans, I will do my best to accomodate.

First 5

Thanks
    Sean

The Broderick Collection
  • Options
    Next 5

Thanks
    Sean

The Broderick Collection
  • Options
    Third 5

Thanks
    Sean

The Broderick Collection
  • Options
    Fourth set of 5 (the Terry Lawchuk thing will be corrected)

Thanks
    Sean

The Broderick Collection
  • Options
    Here are four Tall Boys that were not slabbed because they were considered too thick, but both PSA and Garret are working with me to get them in the proper holders.

imageimage
    Thanks
    Sean

The Broderick Collection
  • Options
    Bosox1976Bosox1976 Posts: 8,540 ✭✭✭✭✭
    How could PSA screw up a HOF name (Lawchuk??). Gorgeous cards and sigs. That Morenz is dynamite.
    Mike
    Bosox1976
  • Options
    Congrats! Great looking cards!

How big are the tall boys?

• Options

<< <i>Congrats! Great looking cards!

How big are the tall boys? >>

The tall boys are about 4 2/3" x 2 1/2". Supposedly they were too thick, but Garret has had ones slabbed with similar dimensions and thickness.
    Thanks
    Sean

The Broderick Collection
  • Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sean

Thanx for sharing! The workmanship is tremendous and I would be proud to have them.

I think PSA should put Cut Signature/Knuckles!

If you were planning on keep'n them in your photobucket - I wish you would post them in the "mailcall" thread so people who miss this thread would be able to see them.

This makes my day.
    mike
    Mike
  • Options
    Glad you're happy with them Sean, they look fantastic slabbed. The Tall Boys I'm sure will work out if given more attention by PSA the second time around. All others have been successfully slabbed which were made exactly the same way but if not I will re-do them. image

Wave 2 is coming along nicely.
  • Options
    I am always floored by the artistic quality of Knuckles' cards and agree that there should be a designation placed on the flip. Keep up the great work.
    Rich
    Just glad to be here with everyone.
  • Options
    DaBigHurtDaBigHurt Posts: 1,066 ✭✭
    I never get tired of looking at the cards Knuckle makes.

GO MARLINS! Home of the best fans in baseball!!
  • Options
    CON40CON40 Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭
    Garret... as always... first class work and they display beautifully in the slabs with blue flips.
  • Options
    mikeschmidtmikeschmidt Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭
    Garrett:

Those cards are without parallel. Fabulous work!
    I am actively buying MIKE SCHMIDT gem mint baseball cards. Also looking for any 19th century cabinets of Philadephia Nationals. Please PM with additional details.
  • Options
    When I see updates to this thread in my mailbox I get excited. Unbelieveable work Knuckles. You put out a better product than the card companies.image
    Baseball is my Pastime, Football is my Passion
  • Options
    image Thanks everyone!
  • Options
    I have to thank him for the wonderful job he did for me as well !!

• Options
    BigRedMachineBigRedMachine Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭
    Those pieces are absolutely special.

Great work Garrett.

shawn
  • Options
    MeferMefer Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭
    Yes, let me be the 100th person to say those are pretty gosh darn awesome. It seems I saw posted sometime ago Knuckles' website for this. Can someone (Knuckles or otherwise) post it? I may want to do something like this down the road with some of my autographs. Thanks.
  • Options
    Thanks Shawn, thanks Mefer. The website is www.signaturecuts.com all you'll find there at the moment is an e-mail to get in touch with me. Shoot me an e-mail if you have any questions.

- Garret
  • Options
    gregm13gregm13 Posts: 5,798 ✭✭✭
    The card companies should be embarassed of their butchered cut autographs, which are not even in the same stratosphere as Knuckles's works of art.

Regards,

Greg M.
    Collecting vintage auto'd fb cards and Dan Marino cards!!

References:
    Onlychild, Ahmanfan, fabfrank, wufdude, jradke, Reese, Jasp, thenavarro
    E-Bay id: greg_n_meg
  • Options
    stownstown Posts: 11,321 ✭✭✭
    Way to go, Knuckles image
    So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts
  • Options

<< <i>not even in the same stratosphere >>

image One heck of a compliment, thanks! Thanks as well stown!